PDA

View Full Version : FEEDBACK: Shock Therapy New Flavor Beta Testers.

J-Dawg
11-24-08, 11:00 am
This thread is for the Shock Therapy new flavor beta testers to place their feedback in. Congrats on getting picked to test out the newest flavor. We're looking forward to your feedback.

J-Dawg
11-29-08, 12:42 pm
Any feedback on the new ST flavor yet?

AFTazz06
11-29-08, 4:02 pm
havent gotten mine just yet. hopefully soon, ill post as soon as i get my hands on it. Are we getting sample packets or actual containers?

Cstlfx
11-29-08, 8:28 pm
Nope, havent gotten mine either. I expect if the mail is slow, to have it at least by wednesday. But, we'll see.

pmug0000
12-05-08, 12:25 pm
I just got mine this morning so I'll be trying it out tonight. It smells damn good!

Universal Rep
12-05-08, 12:31 pm
I just got mine this morning so I'll be trying it out tonight. It smells damn good!

Nice... I got a previous Beta Test version and it's already my fav Shock Therapy flavor.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-05-08, 12:34 pm
:( where is mine?

pmug0000
12-05-08, 10:52 pm
OK I gave the new flavor a try tonight. I won't get into the effects because we all know ST kicks ass in that department.

The flavor is really strong. It's super sweet and I thought it tasted great right when it hit my mouth. But there was a distinct aftertaste, sort of medicinal like the grape flavor. And I pretty much felt the same way after each sip. The initial taste is really good, but there is a bitter aftertaste. I'm not too picky though so I don't mind it, just thought I should mention it.
Overall I'd give this flavor about a 7/10. I like it better than grape, and the same or a little less than the fruit punch flavor.
But this was just my first try, and maybe it'll grow on me.

BTW I mixed 1.5 scoops in 16 oz. water.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-05-08, 10:57 pm
great now we all know it has something to do with a grapeish flavor... my hopes are dashed

pmug0000
12-05-08, 11:06 pm
great now we all know it has something to do with a grapeish flavor... my hopes are dashed

No it has nothing to do with grape. I just meant that I thought grape ST had a medicinal aftertaste, and I think this flavor has the same kind of aftertaste too. But not grapeish. It'll make more sense when you try it.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-05-08, 11:09 pm
aaahh perhaps its one of the stim ingridients...

well im glad you didnt spoil the surprise for me.. i cant wait to try it..

AFTazz06
12-06-08, 12:40 am
nothing yet....still waiting :(

Cstlfx
12-06-08, 8:12 am
Yep, patiently waiting down here still as well.

pmug0000
12-07-08, 11:12 pm
Looks like I'm still the only one to have it. I'm curious to see what everyone else is going to say.

Tonight was my second time using it, and this time I put 1.5 scoops in 18 oz. water. It was still pretty sweet, but not as sweet as last time (since I used a little more water). It definitely does taste like what it's supposed to though.
Again I noticed the same thing with an aftertaste. Tonight it didn't have that medicine flavor, but the aftertaste was still pretty bitter.
Overall not bad though.

I'll finish it up tomorrow.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-07-08, 11:13 pm
ok im leaving to go home in a few days.. im gonna be kinda sad if it sits at the post office for a month... anyway i can re send my info to yall?

J-Dawg
12-08-08, 1:17 pm
I got confirmation from shipping that the samples were sent out on the 4th, last Thursday. Everyone on the east coast should have gotten them by Friday. This week, the rest of the testers will have it in their hands.

AFTazz06
12-08-08, 3:59 pm
ok, I missed UPS this morning, i wasn't in my apt, but tomorrow i'll be there, so its here just not in my hands until tomorrow! Can't wait to try it!

Cstlfx
12-08-08, 7:26 pm
Just got mine!! Holiday shipping is making everything go slow. As of now, I can say it smells good. Smells like it would taste good, so I hope it will. Thats my review so far.

Elite
12-08-08, 7:38 pm
Just mix the intended 1 scoop in the recommended amount of water and give us taste feedback bro. 1.5 scoops isnt gonna give the intended taste and it would be hard to base your judgements against the others who are testing ST, all with different powder/water ratios.

J-Dawg.....U-Rep, give no quarter!!!

pmug0000
12-08-08, 10:46 pm
Just mix the intended 1 scoop in the recommended amount of water and give us taste feedback bro. 1.5 scoops isnt gonna give the intended taste and it would be hard to base your judgements against the others who are testing ST, all with different powder/water ratios.

J-Dawg.....U-Rep, give no quarter!!!

If you keep the ratio of ST to water the same, then yeah it will give you the intended taste. 1.5 scoops in 15-18 oz. water will taste the same as 1 scoop in 10-12 oz. water, and that's what I did.

Well somehow I ended up with 4 full scoops so tonight I tried 1 scoop in 8 oz. water (sorry thirdeye I hope you forgive me for messing with the ratios) and I liked it a little better than when I used more water. The flavor was a little stronger, but I thought that the aftertaste wasn't as bad. It was still there, but not as much.
Like I said before overall I think this is good stuff. I'd def buy it every once in a while as a change of pace from the fruit punch flavor.

mritter3
12-09-08, 5:56 pm
can't wait to see what everyone has to say, i love shock but i am do for a flavor change.

Cstlfx
12-09-08, 9:07 pm
I did 1 scoop in 10 oz of water. I agree, there was an aftertaste but its the same taste with all shock therapies. However, to me, this after taste was much less than whats in Fruit Punch Kicker.

I must say, this is the best tasting ST. Most times I find myself chugging down grape or FPK, this flavor I could actually sip on and like it.

Only drawback as of yet, it got really foamy. I had about two inches of foam after I shook it up.

Cstlfx
12-09-08, 9:08 pm
Oh, I want to also add, I'm hoping that this is also the new Storm flavor as well. I would love this in Storm.

pmug0000
12-09-08, 9:42 pm
Only drawback as of yet, it got really foamy. I had about two inches of foam after I shook it up.

That's weird I didn't notice it get foamy at all.

Cstlfx
12-09-08, 10:07 pm
That's weird I didn't notice it get foamy at all.

Maybe I shook it too long/hard?

I thought it was out of the ordinary, never have had it happen with ST.

J-Dawg
12-10-08, 12:40 pm
Is the jury still out on the new Shock Therapy flavor?

Cstlfx
12-10-08, 5:23 pm

I really liked it. If no one else likes it, and you've already made batches of it, just ship them to me. I'll put them to good use.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-08, 6:47 pm

ive yet to recieve mine

pmug0000
12-10-08, 7:02 pm

It's got my approval.

My only complaint was that there is a bit of an aftertaste, but like someone mentioned that's prob just one of the stims in there.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-12-08, 1:35 am
so have all the samples been sent out? cause im no longer at my address i sent to yall... so if it is i need to get it forwarded sor something.

J-Dawg
12-12-08, 5:40 pm
so have all the samples been sent out? cause im no longer at my address i sent to yall... so if it is i need to get it forwarded sor something.

Let me check and see which address they sent it out to...

MELTDOWN
12-12-08, 10:46 pm

over the years, i've had a some tubs of original S/T get foamy. i dropped in an ice cube or 2 into the shaker and it doens't foam at all... weird ????

AFTazz06
12-14-08, 10:08 pm
Just tried it this afternoon, pretty good stuff, not too sweet just perfect flavor to help the taste buds take it in. As far as the foam i've seen people mention, i honestly didnt get much if not any when i mixed it today for the first time.

Cstlfx
12-15-08, 1:05 am
over the years, i've had a some tubs of original S/T get foamy. i dropped in an ice cube or 2 into the shaker and it doens't foam at all... weird ????

Interesting. I'll definitely give it a try next time.

J-Dawg
12-15-08, 8:42 am
In regards to the foam, I think this is relatively normal with Shock Therapy. There are some bicarbonates in there which help with improving fatigue and lactic acid buffering.

hardworkE
12-15-08, 11:34 am
Didn't see it in this thread, so I'm not sure if its being kept under wraps...but is there a release date for the new shock therapy flavors? Wondering if I should wait and see what comes along before buying grape/fruit punch

Cstlfx
12-18-08, 4:10 pm
In regards to the foam, I think this is relatively normal with Shock Therapy. There are some bicarbonates in there which help with improving fatigue and lactic acid buffering.

Excellent. Nerdy answer to my question. Makes my day.

Finished up trying it out. I've tried it with 10, 11, and 12 oz. IMO I like a stronger flavor, so I go with 10 oz. 11 and 12 are fine, the flavor gets a little weaker, but nothing is wrong with the flavor.

Yes, there's the after taste, but thats with 99% of these types of supplements. The foaminess, although unusual wasnt a problem at all. I was just curious when seeing it.

Overall I love this flavor. I never thought I'd be saying that its better than grape, but to me it is. I can sip this before working out. No chugging or drinking rapidly. I also hope this is the new flavor for Storm, if it isnt, I motion that it should be.

Cstlfx
01-05-09, 11:26 pm
Muuusssstttt...Haaaavvvveee...new flavor of...shock...therapy.

When is this due out? Any chance to be out within the month?

J-Dawg
01-15-09, 4:16 pm
Muuusssstttt...Haaaavvvveee...new flavor of...shock...therapy.

When is this due out? Any chance to be out within the month?

It's officially in stock at bb.com: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/shock.html

J-Dawg
01-15-09, 4:17 pm
It's officially in stock at bb.com: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/shock.html

I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised. We made a few tweaks to the flavor and it's a definite winner.