PDA

View Full Version : Grindin' Meds

NJC_Manhattan
11-24-08, 4:22 pm
I take Pak, Flex, Cuts, Uni-liver... Was wondering if it would be better to grind, or in the case of the gel caps open, then up to help digest them better. Does this actually help your body latch on to the vitamins more efficiently? Thanks

Universal Rep
11-24-08, 4:24 pm
I take Pak, Flex, Cuts, Uni-liver... Was wondering if it would be better to grind, or in the case of the gel caps open, then up to help digest them better. Does this actually help your body latch on to the vitamins more efficiently? Thanks

Yes, this can. That said, unless you have specific issues which make digestion difficult, I wouldn't... The diff tabs in Pak, for example, use different coatings to help the time release. Diff nutrients are absorbed in diff places along the line and you wanna maximize this.

NJC_Manhattan
11-24-08, 4:26 pm
Yes, this can. That said, unless you have specific issues which make digestion difficult, I wouldn't... The diff tabs in Pak, for example, use different coatings to help the time release. Diff nutrients are absorbed in diff places along the line and you wanna maximize this.

Thanks Rep. No digestion difficulty for me, just trying to get all I can.

Universal Rep
11-24-08, 4:28 pm
Thanks Rep. No digestion difficulty for me, just trying to get all I can.

No problem brother. Diff nutrients get absorbed in diff places along the line--not just the stomach. Did ya know the majority of digestion/absorption take place in the small intestine?

Enforcer
11-25-08, 8:59 am

Grinding up Pak can cause it to lose some potency. Flex and Cuts should just be swallowed. They will digest fine. Uni-Liver an be chewed to better help with digestion and absorption.