PDA

View Full Version : Need Help incorporating cardio into heavy training

slainte151
11-25-08, 6:43 pm
In a year and half i will be attending my police academy, to wear i will be among people that like fitness and running. in no way am i trying to outrun them but i dont want to fail at any runs. how can i train for this running and still train heavy and gain?

toobigfred
11-25-08, 6:45 pm
In a year and half i will be attending my police academy, to wear i will be among people that like fitness and running. in no way am i trying to outrun them but i dont want to fail at any runs. how can i train for this running and still train heavy and gain?

You can try to seperate the heavy training from the cardio, if you lift in the morning, run at night and vice versa. You have a year and a half, you will have no trouble getting your running down by then.

slainte151
11-25-08, 6:57 pm
hmm... well i dont really have the time ... due to work.... to train twice in one day. what about train mon, wed, fri and cardio on tues/thurs for instance?

Ir0nClad
11-25-08, 7:40 pm
That would work fine, its better to do your high intensity cardio on your non weight training days.

toobigfred
11-25-08, 10:08 pm
That would work fine, its better to do your high intensity cardio on your non weight training days.

I agree.