PDA

View Full Version : 3500 + calories ?

sin-city-customs
11-25-08, 8:50 pm
I know plenty of guys are taking in this many calories, but I cant seem to figure out how. The better I eat it seems, the less calories it is. Can u guys give me some "one day" menus for those of you eating this many calories, including shakes.

Thanks,
Dave

norrim1
11-25-08, 8:55 pm
I normally don't really count calories very much when I'm trying to bulk up. I just listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry or when I don't feel I have a sufficient number of meals in to fully recovery. Just for a point of reference, you can get 1000+ calories easy from one shake with Real Gains.

shizz702
11-25-08, 8:58 pm
I know plenty of guys are taking in this many calories, but I cant seem to figure out how. The better I eat it seems, the less calories it is. Can u guys give me some "one day" menus for those of you eating this many calories, including shakes.

Thanks,
Dave

I'm not counting my cals at the moment but I know I'm taking in more than that and can definitely give you some tips on how to effortlessly boost yours. You want to take in lots of caloric dense foods. Things such as olive oil, and peanut butter are well over 100 cals per tbsp. Just a few tbsps of them can easily get you 500 cals and you wouldn't even have to put in any more effort in the eating department.

Also, milk is your friend. If you can manage to drink down a half a gallon of it that will easily get you over 1k calories. Nuts are also very calorie dense, you can easliy get several hundred extra calories snacking on them.

Here's a good article expanding on what I'm talking about:http://www.formerfatguy.com/articles/gaining-muscle.asp

sodapop
11-25-08, 8:58 pm
Check my journey, in my sig. Go to the fourth page. The first post on that page is my daily diet. I don't adhere to it exactly all the time, but I try to.

Iceiktitan
11-25-08, 9:19 pm
I take in 3500-3800 calories when I don't work and or workout and 4000-4300 if I work and or workout.

A Sample Menu:

Breakfast
-2 Chicken Breasts
-Pasta
-Pasta Sauce
-Apple
-Bannana

Post-Work-Supplement
-Diet Green Tea with Creatine

Lunch
-4 Eggs
-2 Slices of Cheese
-2 Slices (100%) Natural Whole Wheat Bread
-2 tbsp's of Peanut Butter
-Organic Milk
-1 Pork

Dinner
-1 Chicken Breast
-1 Serving of Brown Rice
-1 serving of Broccoli
-1 serving of Corn
-1 Vanilla Yogurt
-1 Apple

Work Meal 1
-1 Chicken Breast
-Pasta

Work Meal 2
-2 burgers with cheese
-1 Banana

Post-Work-Meal
- Special K
-Hot Peanuts
-Organic Milk

*Keep in mind that I do not adhere to this exact menu all the time. I have many different menu's I have made. As long as I hit my macro's for the day I am satisfied....

DRAKE LIKES GYM
11-25-08, 11:35 pm
hers my diet that ive been doing to bulk up, its well over 3,000 calories

Upon waking
1 serving of Torrent

Breakfest
1 cup oatmeal
skim
6 tablespoons of Natty

Meal 2

8 oz turkey burger
2 english muffins
Half quart of skim

Meal 3 - Same as number Breakfest
Meal 4- PWO- Gainer shake about 700 cals

Meal 5- 6 eggs, 2 of them with yolk
1 cup of rice

Meal 6- Another half quart of skim
2 Tablespoons of PB
Some Veggies

When I bulk up, i really just double the carbs and introduce milk and PB into my diet, those 2 things are very calorie dense and in my opinion are very good for buildin mass.

redskin 344
11-26-08, 2:24 pm
I normally don't really count calories very much when I'm trying to bulk up. I just listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry or when I don't feel I have a sufficient number of meals in to fully recovery. Just for a point of reference, you can get 1000+ calories easy from one shake with Real Gains.

really? damn

im was planning on getting some after I graduate and get my own place but now definately!

Aggression
11-26-08, 2:41 pm
I measure out my foods now and I'm bulking. I find it easier to add calories as the weeks go on and I continue to grow when I have a scale to look at. Here's my diet for today. I've already added in my next 2 meals because they remain fixed on most days. 3,550 calories thus far with those meals, and that's NOT INCLUDING my dinner, my pre-bed shake, OR all my supplements during the day (Torrent, Storm, Shock Therapy, Intra-Aid)

Here's a breakdown of the 3,550 calories so far:

Meal 1:
- 4 whole eggs, 1 XL banana, 2 scoops peanut butter

Meal 2:
- Real Gains

Between 2 and 3:
- 1/2 cup almonds

Meal 3:
- 8oz ground beef, 6oz sweet potato, green beans

Meal 4:
- 8oz ground beef, 6oz sweet potato, green beans

Meal 5:
- Real Gains
------------------------ 3,550 Calories --------------------
Pre-workout:
- Shock Therapy

Intra-Workout:
- Storm/Intra-Aid

PWO:
-Torrent

Meal 6:
- Lean Protein/Carbs

Meal 7:
- Shake+PB

---- All that comes to well over 4K. And its really not that much food.

sin-city-customs
11-27-08, 10:39 pm
Aggression, it looks like you are getting a bulk of your calories from Real Gains. Is that right? And also, when do you train? Just curious.

Thanks,
Dave

norrim1
11-27-08, 10:44 pm
really? damn

im was planning on getting some after I graduate and get my own place but now definately!

Yeah bro, I think the Real Gains in itself has about 600 calories. Add some milk, fruit, or peanut butter and you'll get near a 1000 calories no problem. Just make sure your eating a diet loaded with good solid foods too. Many times during school I would pack a shake or two while on the run. Good for getting a meal in while sitting in class or something.

rayzer27
11-27-08, 10:59 pm
upon waking - animal nitro

breakfast 8 egg whites 2 whole eggs, 1/2 oats 1 scoop natty pb animal pak

meal2- Ground chicken/beef veggies and a glass of juice

preworkout 2 scoops whey 30 min later animal pump

postworkout 2 animal nitro..30 min later chicken/beef yams with a serving of veggies animal omega

meal5- 8 egg whites 2 whole eggs veggies

meal6(before bed)- 2 scoops whey some cottage cheese and 1 scoop natty pb plus animal pak

play around with your diet and listen to your body

daninarmy
11-28-08, 1:40 am
dont count just eat

pedraza
11-28-08, 7:09 am
its really not that hard. right now i try and satay around 6k and this is how
on the way to work i drink a mass shake with 3 egg whites and 1tbs of pb
2 hours latter i eat 4 hard boiled eggs, a house cookie and a banna
3 hours latter i eat 12 ozs of lean beef and some sort of patatoe
an hour after that is another shake ( same as above )
3 hours latter 12oz of beef patatoes and a salad
hour latter a shake
get off of work go home take a nap wake up and eat dinner ( 10 oz of chicken or 10 oz of fressh watter fish) with some sort of pasta or rice
2 hours latter take my pre work out stuff hit the gym for a few come home down a shake and go to bed

Aggression
11-28-08, 1:17 pm
Aggression, it looks like you are getting a bulk of your calories from Real Gains. Is that right? And also, when do you train? Just curious.

Thanks,
Dave

Nah bro. I take 2 Real Gains/day. Weekends I don't have any Real Gains, I have all whole-food meals aside from Torrent post workout. Real Gains has 610 calories/serving. So 2 servings gives me 1220 calories. Its a little more than 1/4 of my calories if I'm having 4K/day. I train at night, around 745pm.

MVP
11-29-08, 11:53 pm

Thanks,
Dave

I keep my carbs complex. Unless it's pre-workout. I keep about 30g of protein per meal during 6 meals turning out to 180g of protein per day. I get in a little bit of fats during the day but do not base my diet around them...

Here is my average diet day.

Meal 1 7:00 AM

Eggs
Egg whites
Oatmeal
Sausage

Meal 2 9:00 AM

Meal Replacement Shake

2 Eggs + 2 Scoops of Whey + Oats + Banana

Meal 3 11:00 AM

Animal Pak (usually pre-workout)

Tuna
Whole Wheat Bread
Banana

Meal 4 2:00 PM

Fish
Mashed Potatos
White bread

Meal 5 5:00 PM

Chicken
Veggies
Snack

Meal 6 8:00 PM

Salad
Shrimp
Cheese
Ham
Turkey (sandwich turkey)
optional ranch dressing

Meal 7 10:30 PM pre-bed

MuscleMilk (2 scoops)
Cottage Cheese (optional)

I try to consume a gallon of water through the day, as well.

Factory
11-30-08, 12:16 am
Here's a day in the life:
alarm @ 7am: 12 whole eggs and 2 cups of oats
sleep till 9am: same as 7am meal
10:30: 1k calorie shake (weight gainer + milk + natural pb)
12: 2 sandwiches on whole wheat, a ton of tuna or roast beef or whatever, + A plate of whole wheat pasta with meat sauce
2: 2 double hamburgers, lean meat + a cup of oats
4: same as 2pm meal
6: dinner, steak or chicken or whatever, 2-3 big peices, 8-12oz each
7:30: 1k calorie shake again
9: same as 6pm meal
right before bed casein protein shake- 200 cals

On a good day, like today, I take in close to 8k calories, usually it's closer to 6k though.

Doing this I've gained 30ish lbs in 3 months, mostly clean weight. Most of the weight was in the last month though, since I upped the calories. My recovery time while eatinglike this is almost nonexistant, I'm always ready to go.

jordo
12-01-08, 12:26 pm
Here's a day in the life:
alarm @ 7am: 12 whole eggs and 2 cups of oats
sleep till 9am: same as 7am meal
10:30: 1k calorie shake (weight gainer + milk + natural pb)
12: 2 sandwiches on whole wheat, a ton of tuna or roast beef or whatever, + A plate of whole wheat pasta with meat sauce
2: 2 double hamburgers, lean meat + a cup of oats
4: same as 2pm meal
6: dinner, steak or chicken or whatever, 2-3 big peices, 8-12oz each
7:30: 1k calorie shake again
9: same as 6pm meal
right before bed casein protein shake- 200 cals

On a good day, like today, I take in close to 8k calories, usually it's closer to 6k though.

Doing this I've gained 30ish lbs in 3 months, mostly clean weight. Most of the weight was in the last month though, since I upped the calories. My recovery time while eatinglike this is almost nonexistant, I'm always ready to go.

my god, I can barely put down 6 eggs at once. I try to always eat, but it can definitely be a challenge while working 40 hours a week.

IRBS
12-01-08, 12:37 pm
Here are some tips to getting some calories down:

McDonald's Double Cheese Burger
Double Stack from Wendy's (Chilli as well)
Arby's Roast Beef
1 gallon of whole milk
8 Whole Eggs
Real Gains Shakes (multiple throughout the day will pack it on)

Now I know you guys will be screaming that these are "bad" calroies, but there's a reason you're still small and weak....... Get over it and start eating. (Note: obviously you dont eat this stuff everyday, but it is definately an option for getting calories down...)

There is no such thing as a "clean bulk." Just eat and get big. If you are putting in the appropriate effort in the gym, you wont see many "negatives" from this that a few months of dieting wont clear up. The positives: you will get huge and strong...

Eat some food and stop crying about how you cant get enough calories down...youre just not trying hard enough...
IRBS