PDA

View Full Version : Make me a MASS sandwich !!

v8ftmfw
11-26-08, 5:05 pm
I need a sandwich that have much carlorie as possible, and make me full for atleast 2 hours. Please dont tell me to eat half jar of PB, Im kinda burn out on PB. Im on bulk up

Aggression
11-26-08, 5:10 pm
I need a sandwich that have much carlorie as possible, and make me full for atleast 2 hours. Please dont tell me to eat half jar of PB, Im kinda burn out on PB. Im on bulk up

Dude just get creative. Take some ww bread, or a ww roll, throw some cheese, deli meat, chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, turkey bacon, anything u want man.

I'm a fan of a shit-ton of turkey deli meat w/ all that shit mentioned above

joe-yamma
11-26-08, 5:26 pm
that's an easy one... burgers.
double burgers, with cheese if you like.

beef is my favorite.
check out Trader Joe's for bison burgers...
43g of protein per 5oz burger... beat that!

Aggression
11-26-08, 5:29 pm
that's an easy one... burgers.
double burgers, with cheese if you like.

beef is my favorite.
check out Trader Joe's for bison burgers...
43g of protein per 5oz burger... beat that!

Well of course burgers are the #1 choice. When someone says ''sandwich'', I automatically think of WaWa subs and shit like that. And damn, 43g protein per 5oz? I needa get on that. Im eating 8oz ground beef, and thats only giving me 42g. I'll take 3 ounces less for the same amount of protein anyday

Giant Killer
11-26-08, 5:55 pm
steak and eggs between two slices of bread

justinbrown
11-27-08, 2:16 am

i second this! :O

BryanSmash!
11-27-08, 2:23 am

Mmmm..steak and eggs between two slices of bread...*drools*

sanga
11-27-08, 3:26 am

Lol, when I first read the original post I knew I was going to type this but you beat me to it.

Spot on, add bar-b-q sauce too.

cyrin203
11-27-08, 8:07 pm
Yup… burgers with big slabs of meat can really help.

scals
11-30-08, 12:29 am
I usually go to the supermarket and get the pre-packaged deli meats, usually roast beef or turkey breast. There is usually 10oz of meat in them. I make two sandwiches on whole wheat with a lil mustard. I'm set for the next couple of hours.

Big Wides
12-01-08, 3:17 pm
Throw anything you want between two slices of bread and its a sandwhich. During highschool used to have whatever was leftover between two slices of bread for lunch the next day. Its not that hard to get a mass or massive sandwhich, just take a good amount of protein, some letteuce if you like, add your condiments on the slices of bread and enjoy.

JUGGERNAUT
12-01-08, 3:25 pm
Add BISON! to that mix....and potatoe salad

McFly
12-01-08, 3:33 pm
1/2 pound burger with cheese and a fried egg on what ever you can fit it on....

Toni69
12-01-08, 4:14 pm
why not start here??

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=14453

you can always add sliced meat to this and make it more "caloric" if you will...;)

my grandma used to dice up italian ham, salami, or whatever she had in the fridge as far as italian meats and mozzerella into the eggs...delish!

Toni69
12-01-08, 4:17 pm
here are burgers too:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=1883

Aggression
12-01-08, 4:21 pm
If you're trying to bulk, I think you can pretty much throw anything onto a sandwich. One sandwich I went nuts on for a while was this:

4 slices whole wheat bread
slices of fresh Tomatoes
4 slices of cheese (your choice)
12oz deli turkey breast

-- make 2 sandwiches, spray each piece of bread with no-stick spray, and put them onto a low-heat skillet. Turn the sandwich over (careful here, it can get messy if ur lazy) and heat it on the other side for a few more min. It's a simple turkey, tomato and cheese sandwich, but when thrown into a skillet, the cheese melts and the bread gets toasted up, man its a whole new ball-game.

redskin 344
12-01-08, 6:18 pm
So its okay to eat bad cals on a bulk right? Wendys and Mcdonalds are fine?

ROC1291
12-01-08, 7:09 pm

Thats the lamest excuse for a bodybuilder I've ever heard. Treat your body right year round. Calling it "off-season" is just a poor excuse for lazy people who don't want to take care of themselves. If you want shit to eat, then so be it, but your body will pay in the long run. Your body is the season, treat it well year round and you will reach your goals. Have set cheat meals during the week if you need to. Mines are usually saturdays when I go out.

Big3
12-01-08, 7:15 pm

Yes, just don't overdo it unless you have the metabolism to digest all that shit. I perfer 3 Big Fish sandwiches from BK.....

Big3
12-01-08, 7:16 pm
Thats the lamest excuse for a bodybuilder I've ever heard. Treat your body right year round. Calling it "off-season" is just a poor excuse for lazy people who don't want to take care of themselves. If you want shit to eat, then so be it, but your body will pay in the long run. Your body is the season, treat it well year round and you will reach your goals. Have set cheat meals during the week if you need to. Mines are usually saturdays when I go out.

Dude, it's ok to eat a little junk food every now and then. Even Jay Cutler eats In N Out in the offseason. You're not being "lazy" by not eating clean year round. Treat yourself to a little guily pleasure!

redskin 344
12-01-08, 7:58 pm
Im not gonna eat fast foods year round and Im definately not gonna use double deep fried fucking quarterpound cheeseburgers as my source of calories, that would be crazy.

I would probably get something from wendys or mcdonalds once a week. Especcially wendys, love their spicy chicken sandwich..which is #6 I may add. Also I gotta try their beef burgers a second time also, its FRESH not FROZEN bitch!

MojoMike36
12-01-08, 8:06 pm
Add broccoli and some blue berries. Both are fantastic natural T boosters. I like just read on a post here. It ain't about the calories but the nutrients. You want to grow I suggest you touch base on all the basics.

I'd go with a big roast beef sandwich, tupperware of broccoli + salad, blueberries, and a hand full of almonds.

Thats a MASS Meal.

Joseb
12-01-08, 8:20 pm
sandwich = not the best choice [imho]
pack some brown rice with beef or eggs: its simple.. high in calories and i think it tastes pretty good

ROC1291
12-01-08, 8:28 pm
Dude, it's ok to eat a little junk food every now and then. Even Jay Cutler eats In N Out in the offseason. You're not being "lazy" by not eating clean year round. Treat yourself to a little guily pleasure!

Yeah... I did mention something about moderation in there. My cheat meal is very similar to Jay's. Every saturday for me is nifty fifty's double bacon cheeseburgers and a milkshake.
And since its the holiday season I let myself indulge on the holidays but thats it.

ROC1291
12-01-08, 8:30 pm
My mass morning sandwich = 3 Slices Ezekiel Bread, 6 Whole Eggs, Mayo Mustard Sauce: 2 parts Honey Dijon, 1 Part Mayo with Olive Oil

NPRamirez
12-01-08, 8:59 pm

I agree. But I also see where he is coming from saying that "off-season" can be treated as an excuse to eat whatever you want. Just don't take advantage of it and always keep your long run goals top priority.

Big Wides
12-01-08, 9:48 pm

Yes, every once and a while go and have some. Don't make it a habit but say once or twice a week won't hurt you. Its a way to get some extra calories in to help with repair and growth. There is no such thing as a "bad calorie" on a bulk, in my opinion that doesn't exist. You need a surplus of calories to grow so have a Big Mac every once and a while your body will thank you

Italianmuscle08
12-01-08, 11:00 pm
the ultimate calorie packed delicious sandwhich/wrap has to be the following:

whole wheat wrap, french fries, mozzarella sticks, chicken cutlet, lettuce, tomato, mayo, hotsauce.

all in one delicious wrap.

MVP
12-02-08, 4:10 am

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to use peanut butter...

To consume all 3 macronutrients something good would be this...

2 spoons of peanut butter, 3 pieces of sandwich turkey, one slice of ham, and one slice of cheese on whole wheat bread.

theharjmann
12-02-08, 4:23 am
Dude, it's ok to eat a little junk food every now and then. Even Jay Cutler eats In N Out in the offseason.

LOL that's why he always comes into the Olympia with a fat ass!

I done the whole eating LOADS when bulking and eating clean when bulking....the difference between bulking and cutting for me is the amount of carbs i take in (carbs are always wholemeal/wholegrain all year round apart from post workout for me).

Granted, when bulking with a 'cleaner' diet you won't fill out as much and when you look in the mirror with a t shirt on you wont looka s though you have put on loads of size...but int he long run, when you are banging some chick, you dont want a fat belly to get in the way! im not saying you need an 8 pack all year round, but you want some bumps in the ab-region!

the fatter you get...the harder it is to get rid of when you want to get rid of it....unless you only care about strength...in which case if that was me id be eating McDonands all day long hahaha!

Peace

simpleguy
12-02-08, 4:31 am
LOL interesting thread... to quote Bulldog, opinions are like assholes... everybody has one

Big3
12-02-08, 8:05 pm
Yeah... I did mention something about moderation in there. My cheat meal is very similar to Jay's. Every saturday for me is nifty fifty's double bacon cheeseburgers and a milkshake.
And since its the holiday season I let myself indulge on the holidays but thats it.

Sounds about right. Love Thanksgiving and the Christmas feast.

I agree. But I also see where he is coming from saying that "off-season" can be treated as an excuse to eat whatever you want. Just don't take advantage of it and always keep your long run goals top priority.

True, but for some people who have a hard time with gaining weight, a little dirty meal can't hurt.

LOL that's why he always comes into the Olympia with a fat ass!

I done the whole eating LOADS when bulking and eating clean when bulking....the difference between bulking and cutting for me is the amount of carbs i take in (carbs are always wholemeal/wholegrain all year round apart from post workout for me).

Granted, when bulking with a 'cleaner' diet you won't fill out as much and when you look in the mirror with a t shirt on you wont looka s though you have put on loads of size...but int he long run, when you are banging some chick, you dont want a fat belly to get in the way! im not saying you need an 8 pack all year round, but you want some bumps in the ab-region!

the fatter you get...the harder it is to get rid of when you want to get rid of it....unless you only care about strength...in which case if that was me id be eating McDonands all day long hahaha!

Peace

True. You are speaking purely from a bodybuilding perspective. I train for football, and nutrition is important. I eat lots of fruits and veggies (12 servings), take Pak, and eat tons of food. For me, I burn everything I eat. Eating clean year round doesn't work for me. I have a hard time eating 2lbs of chicken and steak everyday with only 4 to 5 hours of sleep. For me, I NEED to eat to survive. I eat A LOT, like 6 to 8k cals lot. Your method works for bodybuilders, my method works for me.

MVP
12-02-08, 9:35 pm

I don't recommend this. You should be eating clean to build muscle and to keep fat gain at minimum.

If a good physique was done by eating BK, McDonalds, Wendys, and donuts, I don't think any of us would have a problem getting there.

Gains are 50% diet, 25% training, 25% rest. If you're not eating right, you're only getting 50% of the capable gains. What sense does that make to bust your ass in the gym for only half of the possible benefits?

Aggression
12-03-08, 10:21 am
I don't recommend this. You should be eating clean to build muscle and to keep fat gain at minimum.

If a good physique was done by eating BK, McDonalds, Wendys, and donuts, I don't think any of us would have a problem getting there.

Gains are 50% diet, 25% training, 25% rest. If you're not eating right, you're only getting 50% of the capable gains. What sense does that make to bust your ass in the gym for only half of the possible benefits?

I personally think diet is more than 50%, I'd say more towards 80% IMHO. Like you said, whats the point in training hard every day if you're not eating right? Its a waste of time. That's why you see people in the gym doing the same weight, and looking the same year after year. The people you see get bigger, stronger as the years go on, those are the people who have their diet right. No one is getting a hard, dense physique if they're eating whatever they want.

Also, I believe its fine to have a cheat meal once in a whle, depending upon your goals. I personally have a cheat meal 2-3x/week when I'm bulking up. It keeps you sane. Instead of eating 8oz ground beef and sweet potatoes at every meal, I might hit up a diner for an All-Meat omelet with home fries and a bagel (my cheat meal sunday night). I must say though, that I make sure my cheat meals always have a good amount of protein in them, otherwise, its pointless to me.

MVP
12-06-08, 6:54 pm
I personally think diet is more than 50%, I'd say more towards 80% IMHO. Like you said, whats the point in training hard every day if you're not eating right? Its a waste of time. That's why you see people in the gym doing the same weight, and looking the same year after year. The people you see get bigger, stronger as the years go on, those are the people who have their diet right. No one is getting a hard, dense physique if they're eating whatever they want.

Also, I believe its fine to have a cheat meal once in a whle, depending upon your goals. I personally have a cheat meal 2-3x/week when I'm bulking up. It keeps you sane. Instead of eating 8oz ground beef and sweet potatoes at every meal, I might hit up a diner for an All-Meat omelet with home fries and a bagel (my cheat meal sunday night). I must say though, that I make sure my cheat meals always have a good amount of protein in them, otherwise, its pointless to me.

Yep. I agree with you bro. 80% does sound a bit more logical.

A cheat meal every so often isn't bad at all. I personally (when bulking) throw in a burger and tacos into my bulking diet maybe a pizza every so often. But a lot of the times people will get used to consuming cheat meals and abuse the privledge.

Gaunt Kilroy
12-06-08, 8:25 pm
I like to hit the subway , 12 inch tuna with chicken added and fresh spinach , tomato,pickles,and what ever else major calories, and low fat.

cyrin203
12-08-08, 2:10 am
You can also try large slabs of LEAN turkey meat for maximum protein and calories. Top it with tofu chili. Basically a healthier but calorie and protein-packed version of California's famous Tommy's burgers.