PDA

View Full Version : how much sushi can you guys eat

Pizzalamp
11-26-08, 10:10 pm
how much sushi can u guys put down?
how many times a week do u eat sushi?
is the rice really that bad in sushi?
from a bodybuilding perpespective whats the best combo to get?

pmug0000
11-26-08, 11:18 pm
I haven't gotten sushi in a long time because it's too damn expensive for me to buy on my own, but when I was in high school and my parents were paying I could put down quite a bit.
Sashimi is the shit - it's just the raw fish without any rice or anything. I would eat a sashimi meal (came with 12 pc) a spicy tuna roll and a caterpiller roll and a roll that was called futomaki or something like that. It had japanese sweet potato, egg, crab, avocado and some other shit.
I liked the bbq eel too.
And yeah the rice that comes with sushi is very high GI, I think it's short-grain white rice and has a gi of about 100.

Psycho77
11-26-08, 11:26 pm

Hmmm, never really thought about it much. I always get the japanese buffet so I have like 5 full plates of various sushi and sashimi at a time with several servings of tempura to boot.

I once ate 5kg of tuna and salmon sashimi in one sitting.

Maybe its best not to eat too much sushi coz of the rice in it, mainly focus on the sashimi as it is rice free and protein rich.

Damn, this discussion is making me hungry

Factory
11-26-08, 11:36 pm
i can eat more of sushi than any other kind of food lb per lb... The rice is simple carbs, so it's good for PWO, bad for a cut normal meal. there's a lot of sushi without rice, sashimi like pmug said.

I don't remember all the names, I used to get a lot of sushi though, like 28 rolls, but that was before I had an appetite... right now I can down about 45 rolls, gotta have a ton of wasabi though!

Psycho77
11-26-08, 11:39 pm
i can eat more of sushi than any other kind of food lb per lb... The rice is simple carbs, so it's good for PWO, bad for a cut normal meal. there's a lot of sushi without rice, sashimi like pmug said.

I don't remember all the names, I used to get a lot of sushi though, like 28 rolls, but that was before I had an appetite... right now I can down about 45 rolls, gotta have a ton of wasabi though!

oh yeah, wasabi....damn...yum.

BryanSmash!
11-27-08, 2:20 am
Not a big fan of sushi here. Id rather chew into a rare steak. Yum.
Thats just me though.

fatbackgoal
11-27-08, 6:01 pm
Depends on who is buying?

jer
11-28-08, 7:52 am
I used to get sushi every Friday night, but after spending about a grand on sushi in that small time, I cut it back. Now I only get it a couple times a month.
I've eaten about 50 pieces on numerous occasions, but that usually results in my feeling like shit for the rest of the night. I try to keep it under 30 now, but sometimes it's tough because sometimes it's too good.

I eat very clean 95% of the time, so when I eat sushi, I don't think about the GI value of the rice.

andrewT
11-28-08, 8:01 am
When I go all I can eat, I eat till I explode. It is great stuff!

Won't be eating it for a while though. Only person who ate it with me was my girlfriend, none of my friends like it. We broke up now so ya...no sushi for me for a while

bdb1513
11-28-08, 10:02 am
the Kings by me makes california rolls with brown rice...that's were its at. you don't feel bad about all the rice you're eating then haha

waugie14
11-28-08, 10:14 am
spicy tuna rolls are addicting

mgmmaze
11-28-08, 11:26 am
at first i would eat what i thought wasnt alot to ill looked back at i usally pack away about 30 pieces and then a poke bowl than i almost instanly go into a carbo coma as i call them hahah. love it

Big3
11-28-08, 11:52 am
most ever

25 pieces of salmon w/ rice
25 pieces of tuna w/ rice
25 pieces of eel w/ rice
25 pieces of spicy tuna w/ rice
25 pieces of tialipia w/ rice

125 pieces/ rolls of sushi in one sitting.

BigAnt
11-28-08, 12:34 pm
Big Al, Mcfly and myself go to Hibachi in Bear, DE. They have a special, all you can eat sushi $20.99.

I usually get on my first trip up, 6 salmon sashimi, 6 smoked salmon, 6 eel & 6 tuna...the next trip is a bunch of spider rolls (soft shell crab) some grilled chicken on the stick, and other fattier rolls. I would estimate I put away roughly 40-50 pieces. Big Al and I usually fight for the eel, and with him at a hard 290lbs., he usually wins! LOL

Ohhhhhhhhh and this place has very good chocolate and banana cake for dessert!

We do this feast after most leg days, Sunday. But I have not been to that Hibachi in some time, time to call the big boyz from DE and schedule this fun time again!

pmug0000
11-28-08, 2:09 pm
Big Al, Mcfly and myself go to Hibachi in Bear, DE. They have a special, all you can eat sushi $20.99.

I usually get on my first trip up, 6 salmon sashimi, 6 smoked salmon, 6 eel & 6 tuna...the next trip is a bunch of spider rolls (soft shell crab) some grilled chicken on the stick, and other fattier rolls. I would estimate I put away roughly 40-50 pieces. Big Al and I usually fight for the eel, and with him at a hard 290lbs., he usually wins! LOL

We do this feast after most leg days, Sunday. But I have not been to that Hibachi in some time, time to call the big boyz from DE and schedule this fun time again!

All you can eat sushi for $20.99 is a damn good deal. I would almost make the trip to DE just for that!

newbreed
11-28-08, 4:21 pm

Holy shit! Good deal. I gotta check that place out. We got a place called Minados here for like 30 a person and also includes cooked foods like steak and chicken as well.

Hola Bola
11-28-08, 4:33 pm
most ever

25 pieces of eel w/ rice

125 pieces/ rolls of sushi in one sitting.

lol... thats alot of sushi!

Psycho77
11-28-08, 4:49 pm

I agree. Animals sure do know how eat large.

Big3
11-28-08, 5:10 pm

I love fish. I ate an entire freshwater salmon raw in Alaska once. Plus, the place I go to has a lunch sushi special for 13.99 per person.....

The Sun
11-28-08, 5:12 pm
we don't get this kind of deals in Israel :(
never had more than 12 rolls, costs fucking 6$.

Junkie2
11-28-08, 6:13 pm
spicy tuna rolls are addicting

Amen to that.

The sushi place near me has amazing specialty rolls... But I can only afford sushi when my I come home from college and the 'rents are paying.

NJC_Manhattan
11-28-08, 6:59 pm

Try to stick with just the raw fish (Sash.), but they do have sushi with brown rice. Thats ok, in the right quantities.

Pizzalamp
11-28-08, 11:02 pm
I used to get sushi every Friday night, but after spending about a grand on sushi in that small time, I cut it back. Now I only get it a couple times a month.
I've eaten about 50 pieces on numerous occasions, but that usually results in my feeling like shit for the rest of the night. I try to keep it under 30 now, but sometimes it's tough because sometimes it's too good.

I eat very clean 95% of the time, so when I eat sushi, I don't think about the GI value of the rice.yeah if i get a lot i get the worst stomach ache ever...ill get like 2 specialty rolls and like 10-12 pieces of salmon sushi

most ever

25 pieces of eel w/ rice

125 pieces/ rolls of sushi in one sitting.WOAH!!!!! HOW MUCH DID U WEIGH?

that sounds good

Big3
11-29-08, 10:02 am
WOAH!!!!! HOW MUCH DID U WEIGH?

~255 to 260lbs

jer
11-29-08, 10:19 am
Amen to that.

The sushi place near me has amazing specialty rolls... But I can only afford sushi when my I come home from college and the 'rents are paying.

What's the name of the place? Where at in CT?

Always looking for a good sushi place.

InkdMuscle
11-29-08, 11:50 am

It all depends. Since I live in Southern Cali and not far from the beach, I can get a lot of fresh really good sushi. There is this place about 30min south of me. They have something called a "amber roll". Dont know why its called that, but it has lobster, crab, scallops in this big ass hand roll. I usually can put away 4-5 rolls by my self on top of the small usual rolls.

Firefist
11-29-08, 12:27 pm
Depends on who is buying?

hah, yeah, for real. but yeah, sushi is real, real good. A nice fatty tuna or something, salmon, so good.

Anyone have the raw beef sushi before? its some really good shit, just make sure the place your getting it from is legit, or else youll be seeing alot of it show up while your kneeling over the toilet bowl.

Hey, if there are any abc-er's in the pittsburg area that want a good place for some REAL good sushi, theres this place in cranberry that I went to last week. Thier yellowfin tuna was just about the best piece of fish i have ever had.

peace.