PDA

View Full Version : When to eat after cardio?

sin-city-customs
11-27-08, 9:17 pm
I want to cut for a while because I have never had really good definition in my abs and would really like to. After I do cardio first thing the morning (gonna start tomorrow) how long should I/do I need to wait before eating? And should I take any protein before cardio. Thought it would be best to do on an empty stomach, but it will also have been ALL night since I have eaten.

Thanks,
Dave

sportsfan4110
11-27-08, 9:37 pm
i would take some plain amino acids such as nitro or EAA stack before cardio and i would eat within 15 after doing cardio. thats what i used to do and i worked really well for me. just be sure and get in your aminos to prevent muscle wasting. good luck on your cut bro...

rayzer27
11-27-08, 10:50 pm
i would take some plain amino acids such as nitro or EAA stack before cardio and i would eat within 15 after doing cardio. thats what i used to do and i worked really well for me. just be sure and get in your aminos to prevent muscle wasting. good luck on your cut bro...

x2 when i did cardio in the morning without aminos i noticed alot of muscle loss...started taking my aminos before and all i lost was fat (was on a keto) aminos before definitely help..after that i would take a shower then eat my breakfast with animal pak

scals
11-30-08, 12:25 am
When I am on a cut, I usually take cuts first thing in the morning with BCAA stack. I sip on EAA Stack during the cardio session. From there I go and I prepare my first meal. Usually I am so hungry by the time the cardio is done I eat right after I get off the treadmill or whatever I'm on. Hope this helps.

MVP
12-02-08, 4:06 am
I want to cut for a while because I have never had really good definition in my abs and would really like to. After I do cardio first thing the morning (gonna start tomorrow) how long should I/do I need to wait before eating? And should I take any protein before cardio. Thought it would be best to do on an empty stomach, but it will also have been ALL night since I have eaten.

Thanks,
Dave

In order to cut, you will have to put your body at catabolic state. This means you will burn more calories then you consume resulting in your body feeding off fat for energy.

The best time to preform cardio, from my experience, is in the mornings on an empty stomach. There is less energy from glycogen. Once your body runs out of glycogen it will use fat as a source of energy.

Remember at this state though, your body is not capable of producing muscle gains.

Aggression
12-02-08, 11:35 am

Thanks,
Dave

When I did cardio, I did it first thing in the morning, went home, showered up and had breakfast. So it was about 15-20min after cardio was done.