PDA

View Full Version : One leg bigger and stronger than the other

redskin 344
11-29-08, 8:15 pm
I wanna squat big but the problem is my left thigh is significantly stronger than my right. I used to do weighted pistols and I worked my left leg a little too much. I didnt want to do my right leg because I have this tiny growth effect on my right knee and I was afraid it was gonna hurt.

Anyways..now im fucked and Im afraid that if I start squatting my body will turn to my left leg to do most of the pushing because it is stronger.

MojoMike36
11-29-08, 9:09 pm
Isolate the leg with some one foot lunges dude. That and favor the leg on squats. Try pushing more with that leg. Eventually they even out.

I had the same problem for awhile. Lunges and a bit of extra work brought it right up to speed.

redskin 344
11-29-08, 9:25 pm
Isolate the leg with some one foot lunges dude. That and favor the leg on squats. Try pushing more with that leg. Eventually they even out.

I had the same problem for awhile. Lunges and a bit of extra work brought it right up to speed.

Yea I thought pushing more with my right leg when squatting would be a good idea. Thanks

I'll do lunges too.

MVP
11-30-08, 12:05 am
I wanna squat big but the problem is my left thigh is significantly stronger than my right. I used to do weighted pistols and I worked my left leg a little too much. I didnt want to do my right leg because I have this tiny growth effect on my right knee and I was afraid it was gonna hurt.

Anyways..now im fucked and Im afraid that if I start squatting my body will turn to my left leg to do most of the pushing because it is stronger.

What is more unbelievable then what side of your body being stronger then the other is both sides of your body being perfectly equal.

This is natural. If you feel a significant difference in your legs then adding in pistols (one legged squats) for the weaker side is recommended.

redskin 344
11-30-08, 10:17 am
I didnt reallt wanna start doing pistols again. It took me a short while to work up to them before I did my first ass to grass pistol. After that I did them with 15 lbs in my hands. So my left leg is definately much stronger than my right.

I would much rather do lounges with my right leg or do squats and focus more on pushing with it but if doing pistols helps than I'll probably do it.

prowrestler
11-30-08, 11:26 am
1 leg box squats are great for activation and stabalisation. not SOO sure how good they are for hypertrophy though.

dude, my right quad is 26.5 inches and my left is 26.

a few months ago it was over half an inch, close to 1 inch different. i had a knee inury in january 2007. it re happened 4 times up until july 2007. then i let it heal up good, rehabbed it myself and now im better then ever.

it will cure itself over time. id reccomend maybe some 1 leg leg presses and if you can, 1 leg glute ham raises. those are motherfuckin hard.

step ups a la brock lesnar style are great too. do a set with the weaker leg after your leg days