PDA

View Full Version : gladware cotainers

Tallwhitebread0042
11-29-08, 11:23 pm
didn't know if this was supposed to go under living or diet so i put it here.

i have been searching the web all day and not found the specific ones i am looking for!

im looking for gladware containers (or some other brand) that have different compartments in each container that seperates the food. for example it would be one container and with 4 compartments so you could put chicken in one part, rice in another, etc so all the food wouldn't get mixed up.

i know somebody has got to know what im talkin about

p.s. i have always been told that you cannot microwave anything plastic including gladware containers but my anatomy teacher told me that if it was like a number 5 or 7 then it was okay to microsave? somethin like that...

BryanSmash!
11-30-08, 2:42 am
I use regular, one square tupperware containers for my meals at work, and I gotta tell ya, with the bland shit that I eat, it tastes much better to mix it all together. Chicken, rice, vegetables and hot sauce, hey it all goes down the same tube, right?

stumblin54
11-30-08, 1:28 pm
Look for glass if you can, the food will taste better and they are better for you. And 7's are actually the number to avoid if you can at all times, they contain BPA, which is something you don't want in your body, and you ingest it at room temp and when it's heated in the microwave alike.

Stumblin

basketcase
11-30-08, 4:27 pm
I picked up a 3-compartment round plastic dish made by Sterilite. Should work for my diet, but if you want 4, I've never seen that.

And the reply with 'put it all in one container'...makes sense, I've done it in the past, it is easier to just mix it all together and shovel it in.

Tallwhitebread0042
11-30-08, 10:28 pm
well fuck.

i searched around for about 2 hours for Sterilite shit and all i got were cabinets and shit.

basketcase
11-30-08, 10:41 pm
well fuck.

i searched around for about 2 hours for Sterilite shit and all i got were cabinets and shit.

http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Kitchenware&ProductCategory=69#

Those are the ones I mentioned.

And I also picked up these:
http://www.sterilite.com/Category.html?Section=Kitchenware&ProductCategory=67##

You can get 1/2-Cup Gladware at a store like Target.

The previously mentioned Sterilite's were purchased at a local chain called Winco.