PDA

View Full Version : Life on a Friday night...

Pages : [1] 2

nawaaz
02-09-07, 12:12 pm
Friday night, chilling time.. or not.
I've been sitting, thinking about stuff. We are living a life which we should consider ourselves lucky. All the whiffs and whims of the human race have been answered, and our survival has taken a backseat (at least in the places where most of us who are in this forum are). With this have come laze, disrespect for rules, disregard for the person next to us. People expect things to be done for them. Blood, sweat, tears and, most of all, patience, hold no importance in our world any longer. People just love to take the easy way out.
That's when we, the people who beat and get beat by iron, come out into play. We are out on a quest to perfect ourselves. Each session at the gym, is not only about busting ass physically. It's about teaching ourselves a way of life, about teaching ourselves discipline, and patience. We go about our lives with the same intensity, and the same rigors that the iron plates have taught us. We are not like them. We are people who have gone back to the values of our forefathers, and the mere process of going back to our roots and watering them makes us stronger.

Let us all say thank you to what's been given to us. And let us all use it and lead by example.

Just winding down.
Nawaaz

NickSP
02-09-07, 12:21 pm
Chill time? ha, I've gotta go do work now, with class at 3. Then I've gotta wait for dinner to open at 4:30, then it's Pump time a half hour later, and then Iron Time. Finally, MY turn to hit some glory muscles - chest and bis.

Powerfreak
02-09-07, 12:42 pm
Friday night is squat night. Just watching the clock counting down to insanity.

Coach Fowler
02-09-07, 12:56 pm
We only have one chance in life...that's one chance to get it right. There is no reset button if we screw up somewhere along the way. We live with our consequences that we create and the choices that we make.

I choose to train others 2 to 3 hours a day five days a week. I choose to work myself out 5 days a week. I have followed various lifting routines since 1978. Yeah, I'm old school and proud of it.

Today is Friday...leg day. I'll hump and pump for an hour. I'll feel like losing my cookies. I'll work my abs until I can see properly. (I have no workout partners because I'm tired of them quitting after a few weeks and making excuses after a few days.) Then, and only then, will I step out for the afternoon/evening time.

Keep the priorities straight or lose all the benefits that you have earned. Pay your dues every day and you will see the results that you so desperately want. Responsible Dedication. Effecient Time. Personal Dependability. Remember, nothing will ever be given to you.

Thorgrym
02-09-07, 1:07 pm

I get angrier as the day goes on. Nobody understands it except the guy from work I train with. It just happens .... and the other people around me making plans for the week-end and talkin shit about what they are gonna do tonight like drink and get all screwed up just make me wanna push harder. Friday aint chill night, its a fuckin battle ground waiting to happen in my world.

Thor

Dunk
02-09-07, 1:19 pm
Friday I a workout day for me. It's nice though because the gym is usually empty and I have it all to myself

Rampage
02-09-07, 1:23 pm
back and bi's today

deadlifts woooooooooo

ryanlemley1
02-09-07, 2:30 pm
tonight..hitting the power-lift leg press. already hit squats on sunday..now is my other leg day. i'll also endure the pain of some RDL's, and standing single-leg curls. tonight i'll hit presses for 6-8 sets of 10-12 reps. winding down my hypertrophy cycle...one more week...then it is on to max strength, power, muscular endurance, then finally...densification. 6 weeks of each cycle..then i'll repeat. fun stuff huh? that is why i do it..i absolutely love the pain.

k1usa
02-09-07, 2:58 pm
Shoulders in the AM and calves in the PM with some abb work....then get my 3 year old some time with the local HO train club...then some quality time with my beautiful girlfriend...."which ends up being some cardio time"...

I look at my training time as sacred....its my time...I like to chill...but iron first...the pump the pain...the gains first....then my body and mind is ready for fun.

ultimatefighter
02-09-07, 3:13 pm
I get angrier as the day goes on. Nobody understands it except the guy from work I train with. It just happens .... and the other people around me making plans for the week-end and talkin shit about what they are gonna do tonight like drink and get all screwed up just make me wanna push harder. Friday aint chill night, its a fuckin battle ground waiting to happen in my world.

Thor

People come back to work or school on Monday morning talking about how they got thrashed on Friday. I nod and smile, and my mind goes back to my Friday night when my legs got thrashed for two hours. Right now its eleven am and I am looking for an excuse to be pissed off for the rest of the day. I will hold any grudge and use it as my excuse to "get thrashed" tonight. So when your friends call and ask whats going on tonight, we have to explain that we are getting thrashed, and they are not invited.

tbone
02-09-07, 3:14 pm
well, it's about 2PM and I just got done with class for the weekend, hell yes. Just ate and brough back my next meal (which makes me super pumped i don't have to make it or leave to get it) and sipping on a blended concoction of whey, oats, and natty p-butter...just kickin it like taebo until about 9pm when i go get shitfaced... oo yaa... actually, i lied, at 9pm i will be heading to the gym for legs. friday night legs, OUWWWWWWW!

gnoll5
02-09-07, 4:23 pm
yup...friday is chill time for me, and my body says so! gotta rest up for chest day tomorrow - my favourite day!!

JUGGERNAUT
02-09-07, 6:48 pm

Same at 8PM I can't wait

COLE
02-09-07, 6:51 pm
Yep, Im gonna be lazy as hell when I get home from work.

Madcat
02-09-07, 9:34 pm
Yeah, friday is usually tri/bi night, but threw a few leg lifts in too. Then I made myself sick(too much chicken too late in the day I think). After getting about 4 lifts in I left and came home to shower and eat some fish and potatos.
Instead Im heading back in tomorrow at 8am on my day off, because my parents are coming to visit at 10ish so gotta get in early.
Saturday is usually leg day so I take friday off from going out.

And yes, people love to make fun of me, but they wont ever understand.

doomsdaylover
02-10-07, 12:44 am
It's friday night and I should be out with the boys..getting drunk, bieng stupid, eating nachos, acting the fool. It's friday night and instead of wasting time and sleep, I'm at home eating my chicken breast and broccoli, followed by some Optimimum Nutrition casein powder and a good night's rest for my cardio tomorrow morning and then a brutal as fuck shoulder day. Last shoulder day I passed out and hit my head...but nothing can stop me.

I'm no Jay Cutler and I'm certainly not Legion material, but I love lifting. I love the taste of Nitro G and the feel of Animal Pak, Flex, Pump, and Cuts as I take enough pills to get full. I love the gloves, the straps, the elbow brace and what I really love is the support of all my brothers (and sisters) on this forum.

Honestly, if it wasn't for your support full of intense threads filled with passion for this sport and for each other...I'd be out tonight hurting myself and ruining my gains. Instead, I'm on here, growing strong and losing fat, and becoming...becoming larger than life. Thank you, everyone.

-Doomsday.

FORGEDBYSTEEL
02-10-07, 1:10 am
maybe its still cuz im 17 but i c gains off ANYTHING i like to think of my self as a genetica freak c my post and pics the threads called makeing gain in the trianing section but i still drink as a matter of fact im drunk rite now but b4 i get shot down to marrow ill still b up at 6 hittin back and legs later the evening im 225 at 6'2 10%bf i no illl have to stop at some point but funk im young and stupid so as far as im concered if im still gain 5lbs a month y stop?

Kiwi129
02-10-07, 1:19 am
You don't look 225 w/ 10% BF in those pics... maybe you're too drunk?

Arbalest
02-10-07, 1:31 am
doomsdaylover -- doing the same here.. its my off day though.. so i'm just eating the chicken and eggs. visiting home (parents) and my highschool buds have been calling all night.. "come on man, lets go get trashed" ... screw that.

forgedbysteel -- you must be drunk.. you might be 225, but you're definitely not 10%.

Rampage
02-10-07, 1:36 am
yo dog, your not alone.. doin the same daaam thing... but i wouldnt trade it for that feeling i get when i'm in the gym man.. it makes it all worth it... sometimes i sit back and reflect am I making the right choice... hell ya

tbone
02-10-07, 1:41 am
yep, a typical friday nite as of late..about 12:40am, had an amazing leg workout tonite until about 10pm..just ate two steaks and veggies.. still hungry... hmm, gonna eat again in a few minutes.. get it boys.

doomsdaylover
02-10-07, 2:03 am
Uh yeah, those pics are bogus. No offense.

RedIron 392
02-10-07, 5:00 am
Let's keep these threads on topic. If someone post something you don't believe,just ignore it and don't start bangin' on people. When this happens the thread will get locked down.

Later

darkside64
02-11-07, 7:33 pm
Friday night is the worst. I work legs early in the morning before any soul even thinks about getting up, except maybe to take a piss. I always stay home on fridays. I catch an extra meal and then its off to bed. Most people dont understand this dedication, yet they look up to me, and want to be me.

ironshaolin
02-11-07, 10:48 pm
What the hell is a Friday night? After work its time to hit the gym, afterwards I stay up only as late as needed to get in a good solid meal, then its off to bed. I get up at 7:30 on saturdays for work, which is a short day but then I do legs saturday afternoon. If I don't sleep good, my work and my workout both suffer, so I've sacrificed that day. Others critisize. After legs, I get my daughter and spend the rest of the evening and my rest day on sunday with her. Then monday its back to work, gym, wake up, work, gym, wake up, work, gym, 2 days rest a week. Theres no time for partying, or going out. This is life. This is what I call hardcore. Eat, sleep, train, work.

dtb004
02-19-07, 2:38 am
Friday is shoulders. Period. Hit em hard and don't stop.

Shark
02-23-07, 8:59 pm
I used to party a lot in high school and college. I always had friends. The cellphone was always ringing. Everyone always wanted to be with me....

It's Friday night. I'm sitting at home alone. The friends I have left are out getting drunk. I don't like to be around them because I will get the, "Your such a drag" speech because I don't touch alcohol. The other friends are fod gluttons and are most likely stuffing their faces with pizza and other garbage. My girl and I got into a huge fight today so that option is out. Shit has been going real south with that situation over the past few months.

I can't hit the gym because I have gone twice today. I know there is no visit limit but I'm not going to risk getting hurt from overtraining. I got a real nice soreness going on in my shoulders from todays workout. Gonna let them rest and grow.

The cellphone doesn't ring that much anymore. When I first started this life I would check my phone after the gym and it would be loaded with messages and missed calls. Now after all this time I check my phone after the gym and it's rare that there is a missed call.

I don't at all regret this life I've chosen. I can't imagine any other way to live. I don't want to sound like I'm whining or desperate. I will sit here in my solitude eating my veggies and chicken knowing the reason I do this all and smiling because of it.

I have the animal poster "4:27..Why am I here"...... I hang it up on the wall. I stare at it a lot. I know that the man sitting there on the bench in the dark alone is really me. Thoughts of people asking me why I do what I do, thoughts of not having anyone understand or care for me. But there I still sit.

So I raise this shaker cup HALF FULL of protein and I salute any of my brothers or sisters out there tonight sitting alone just like me.

NickSP
02-23-07, 9:07 pm
That would be Wrath in the poster...

txpower
02-23-07, 9:09 pm
I used to party a lot in high school and college. I always had friends. The cellphone was always ringing. Everyone always wanted to be with me....

It's Friday night. I'm sitting at home alone. The friends I have left are out getting drunk. I don't like to be around them because I will get the, "Your such a drag" speech because I don't touch alcohol. The other friends are fod gluttons and are most likely stuffing their faces with pizza and other garbage. My girl and I got into a huge fight today so that option is out. Shit has been going real south with that situation over the past few months.

I can't hit the gym because I have gone twice today. I know there is no visit limit but I'm not going to risk getting hurt from overtraining. I got a real nice soreness going on in my shoulders from todays workout. Gonna let them rest and grow.

The cellphone doesn't ring that much anymore. When I first started this life I would check my phone after the gym and it would be loaded with messages and missed calls. Now after all this time I check my phone after the gym and it's rare that there is a missed call.

I don't at all regret this life I've chosen. I can't imagine any other way to live. I don't want to sound like I'm whining or desperate. I will sit here in my solitude eating my veggies and chicken knowing the reason I do this all and smiling because of it.

I have the animal poster "4:27..Why am I here"...... I hang it up on the wall. I stare at it a lot. I know that the man sitting there on the bench in the dark alone is really me. Thoughts of people asking me why I do what I do, thoughts of not having anyone understand or care for me. But there I still sit.

So I raise this shaker cup HALF FULL of protein and I salute any of my brothers or sisters out there tonight sitting alone just like me.

yes. to all of us sittin here alone. I may go to the movies later tonight alone, sneakin in a thing of chicken and rice. it's hard to find someoen with your goals when it feels like you live in drunk city.

COLE
02-23-07, 9:09 pm
That's what is so Fucking Awesome about the Animal Family the Iron and this FORVM right here Brother. As long as you have that, you are never alone. Remember That!

Curos
02-23-07, 9:15 pm
yes. to all of us sittin here alone. I may go to the movies later tonight alone, sneakin in a thing of chicken and rice. it's hard to find someoen with your goals when it feels like you live in drunk city.

You in texas i'm guessing? Where at? I'm in dallas.

And I know where you're comin' from Shark. I'm still in highschool, and I'll put off plans etc so I can lift. I don't go out on fridays until I get the shit done. And yeah, I used to come back to voicemails and text messages...now I'm lucky if my parents call. Everyones looking forward to a big spring break to get sloshed. I can't wait for spring break, for the sole reason of answering everyones question..."Why?"

Arbalest
02-23-07, 9:21 pm
hey bro... we're all here with you...

trevor

waugie14
02-23-07, 9:22 pm
Im replying to this thread that what Im doing tonight. Waiting to eat my next meal. When you start this journey you find out who is still gonna be around, the people that respect what u do, not the fuckin clowns who stop calling you cuz you give a fuck about ur body. If and when I do go out and someone gives me shit about drinking my bottle of water, I say, "will it make ur night to see me drink a beer or take a shot? will it make u more drunk? no, so step off. I raise my shaker.

speedster00
02-23-07, 10:10 pm
This is a good place for suport and motivation. You are not alone.

eblnyc
02-23-07, 10:17 pm
everyone here is in the same boat as you!we all walk the same path!

Shark
02-23-07, 10:26 pm
That would be Wrath in the poster...

I know. It was metaphorical.

Testpolska
02-23-07, 10:34 pm
I think we all have our doubts at times. Uncertainties,doubt and the unknown, unpaved path before us. Thats all we have. Keeps us sharp, keeps us focused. I do NOT have any regrets on the path I have chosen for myself.

However, one does find himself wondering what life would be like without the crown of thorns that is bodybuilding.

NickSP
02-23-07, 10:40 pm
My b then.

And to respond to Testpolska's last note, I answer with a quote from Bulldog...
"What’s life like without a spine? I don’t know cuz I have one."

stumblin54
02-23-07, 10:42 pm
Yo bro I live in Fort Collins, Colorado, known by SPORTS ILLUSTRATED as a "DRINKING TOWN WITH A COLLEGE PROBLEM." We're all in the same boat here, and I'm right there with you when you say you don't regret it at all. I live this life because I love it, I breathe it, I sleep it, and maybe most importantly I EAT IT THE FUCK UP (literally and metaphorically). Here's to those eatin' clean, goin' to the gym, or doin' whatever you gotta do to get by. Cheers.

Stumblin

M60
02-23-07, 10:45 pm
I have that one too! I see it every morning before I walk out my room.

born0withno0soul
02-23-07, 10:48 pm
Yo bro I live in Fort Collins, Colorado, known by SPORTS ILLUSTRATED as a "DRINKING TOWN WITH A COLLEGE PROBLEM." We're all in the same boat here, and I'm right there with you when you say you don't regret it at all. I live this life because I love it, I breathe it, I sleep it, and maybe most importantly I EAT IT THE FUCK UP (literally and metaphorically). Here's to those eatin' clean, goin' to the gym, or doin' whatever you gotta do to get by. Cheers.

Stumblin

lol, yea fort collins is a drunk college town. used to visit there a lot before i moved to denver. nice town though. good luck on staying away from the parties.

Testpolska
02-23-07, 10:59 pm
My b then.

And to respond to Testpolska's last note, I answer with a quote from Bulldog...
"What’s life like without a spine? I don’t know cuz I have one."

Throw any quote you want at me bro. I'm gonna lie and bullshit people and say 'all I think about is bodybuilding all the fucking time'. No because thatd be bullshit. Do I get the job done? Yeah I get the job done, and I do a fairly decent job at it.

But not a day goes by where don't think about puttin a bullet where my brain is.

But I don't simply outta of the curiosity of how far can I take bodybuilding?

So mabye your right...mabye I am spineless bro.

LuvsThePain
02-23-07, 11:07 pm
With this lifestyle, you find out who your TRUE friends are. The ones that stick by you, respect your diligence, and support you for the path that you've taken. Those people are more than friends, they're family. In friendship, quality is worth more than quantity.

I know your situation brother. The few close friends that I do have will be around forever. Those that did not respect me or my lifestyle fell by the wayside.

I raise my shaker..... "to the brotherhood"

LuvsThePain
02-23-07, 11:14 pm
Throw any quote you want at me bro. I'm gonna lie and bullshit people and say 'all I think about is bodybuilding all the fucking time'. No because thatd be bullshit. Do I get the job done? Yeah I get the job done, and I do a fairly decent job at it.

But not a day goes by where don't think about puttin a bullet where my brain is.

But I don't simply outta of the curiosity of how far can I take bodybuilding?

So mabye your right...mabye I am spineless bro.

Easy brother.... He wasn't saying you were spineless. I believe he was answering your post as to "what life would be like without the crown of thorns that is bodybuilding" quoted by you. He simply meant that life without bodybuilding would be like life without a spine.

I'm sure it wasn't a personal attack towards you.

NickSP
02-23-07, 11:31 pm
Chill out bro, I wasn't directing the quote at you, I was just throwing it out there as a motivational thing

NickSP
02-23-07, 11:32 pm
Easy brother.... He wasn't saying you were spineless. I believe he was answering your post as to "what life would be like without the crown of thorns that is bodybuilding" quoted by you. He simply meant that life without bodybuilding would be like life without a spine.

I'm sure it wasn't a personal attack towards you.

Exactly

jeff00z28
02-23-07, 11:50 pm
i always train on fridays. theres a few other guys there usually. Then come home and lock my doors and just rest.

addiction543
02-24-07, 1:00 pm
i'm either in the gym on a friday or at work (still in high school) also. wouldn't have it any other way

Pure Brutal
02-24-07, 10:43 pm
With this lifestyle, you find out who your TRUE friends are. The ones that stick by you, respect your diligence, and support you for the path that you've taken. Those people are more than friends, they're family. In friendship, quality is worth more than quantity.

I know your situation brother. The few close friends that I do have will be around forever. Those that did not respect me or my lifestyle fell by the wayside.

I raise my shaker..... "to the brotherhood"

true man
i raise my shaker...to the dungeon, my gym, the only place that understands me...

Diesel454
03-31-07, 3:07 am
This being the first friday of spring quarter and every one wanting to go out, ment only one thing to me, the gym would be empty and boy was i right. I walked in to see another dedicated animal and gave him the normal head nod. Then I proceeded to kill shoulders and tri's for the next hour. Walking home at 10 seeing everyone out drinking beer eating freakin McDonalds haha, i love it when people think as long as they lift they will get bigger. This was a great friday for me, best one in a while for sure

Budsbythebeach
03-31-07, 4:44 am
This being the first friday of spring quarter and every one wanting to go out, ment only one thing to me, the gym would be empty and boy was i right. I walked in to see another dedicated animal and gave him the normal head nod. Then I proceeded to kill shoulders and tri's for the next hour. Walking home at 10 seeing everyone out drinking beer eating freakin McDonalds haha, i love it when people think as long as they lift they will get bigger. This was a great friday for me, best one in a while for sure

an empty gym is sweet, but a gym full of unmotivated, regular guys is better. Thats why im still at Ballys vs a more hardcore gym, i like that people watch when i bench. But im hoping you hit a party or a club atleast once in a while, being in public, meeting new people, is a good motivater.

brewer
03-31-07, 10:54 am
every friday night im at the gym

haha

usually about 3 people there

....on the treadmill

feelthepain12
03-31-07, 10:59 am
an empty gym is sweet, but a gym full of unmotivated, regular guys is better. Thats why im still at Ballys vs a more hardcore gym, i like that people watch when i bench. But im hoping you hit a party or a club atleast once in a while, being in public, meeting new people, is a good motivater.

Haha I know what you're talking about. I still lift in my high school weight room (mainly because I still am a high school student, but nonetheless) and I usually attract a little bit of a crowd whenever I deadlift. I love working out Friday nights cuz like you guys have said, nobody's there and it's perfect, just you and the weights. Just thinking about its getting me pumped up.

welshwarrior
03-31-07, 11:17 am
an empty gym... I can only dream... and drool

Giant Killer
03-31-07, 11:24 am
Instead of going out last night I got the pump of a lifetime! My arms felt like they were going to explode. I'm right there with you brother. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Hothands
03-31-07, 1:24 pm
I agree. LOVE an empty gym.....no half-assed people hovering over a bench that I need just shooting the shit wasting my time. Just another reason I love the spring/summer months....

Tron
03-31-07, 5:06 pm
I agree. LOVE an empty gym.....no half-assed people hovering over a bench that I need just shooting the shit wasting my time. Just another reason I love the spring/summer months....

It's only the best place to work out...

Torque757
04-01-07, 9:23 pm

Damn, thats sounds just like me... except Im just now in college. This life just seems to have so much more meaning, and I would never consider changing.

dIdDy
04-02-07, 6:28 am
I love being DD. You still get to socialize while not being pressured to drink.

fultz2400
04-13-07, 10:55 pm
well its 10pm friday night and all my friends are out drinking and im here alone sluggin a protien shake and reading everything on the forvm. just wondering if there were any other college students out there spending their friday night in here. i was kind of bumed out that i missed that free t shirt promo today. just read about it.

drizzt
04-13-07, 11:08 pm
yeah, im here doing the same thing, maybe ill be lucky and a girl will stop over, probably not. yeah, i sat here waiting for the shirt, wouldnt let me post for the first 10 minutes and by the time i had the chance, there was already 100 people, guess i wasnt fast enough.

Shark
04-14-07, 1:16 am
Home again on a Friday. Got home about midnight. My friend and I had a CRAZY arm day today.

We went out around 7pm after getting ready. Drove around looking for something to do. Avoided the bars like normal. Went to see if any good movies were playing, nothing. Went to a few stores to get some things. This state turns into a ghost town on cold nights like this. Everyone is at the bars. At around 930 we both got seriously hungry. Drove around for about two hours looking for something to eat. Nothing but garbage. We finally wound up hitting wal mart and grabbing a huge bag of salad and some pre made grilled chicken breast. Went into the parking lot and ripped it all up and started eating. A car pulled up next to us filled with girls. We knew a few and started talking. They noticed what we were eating and started teasing us about being meat heads and only caring about our bodies. Then asked if we wanted to hit up a party with them. We thought about it and then thought about what they said about how we live. Did I go to the party with them?

Would I be posting online if I had?

k1usa
04-14-07, 2:04 am
I love friday night.....picked up my baby boy...3 1/2...he loves the gym...meet my girl there...we train....get changed.....hit the italian eatery nearby called Lots a pasta....have a nice dinner...then take a nice walk. We part ways for the evening...and will see each other tomorrow night...but as it goes....this evening started out in the gym..delt night...killed them...and my girl...is turning out to be a good spotter.....and doing quite well with me in the gym. Friday night..at my home..my little guy is asleep...and I will hit the dvd player and watch one of my favorite movies....In Harms Way...good old navy movie......then lay in pain from what I did in the guy a few hours ago.

I love fridays.....

Goomba
04-14-07, 2:22 am
I'm just like you guys. Sitting at home on a friday night, (protein shake in one hand, mouse in the other) ready to grab a bite to eat then hit the sack. Today was Tri's and Bi's. Legs are tomorrow. Just counting down the hours. I'm not going to lie though if a girl called up right now I would go take care of business.

*Raises protein shake*. . . To the brotherhood.

Freak
06-15-07, 4:40 pm
Looking forward to a little R&R tonight. Fucking need it. So who's got plans?

Giant Killer
06-15-07, 4:45 pm
Looking forward to a little R&R tonight. Fucking need it. So who's got plans?

You can find me out on a pontoon boat with my closest brothers trying to catch some dinner...if I can get those loud drunk motherfuckers to quit scarin' away all the fish! Haha.

Nulllogik
06-15-07, 5:04 pm
Its SHOULDER TIME!

Workin out, then eating, then sleeping. A wonderfull friday night.

Kind of hoping to go fishing for some dolphin on sunday morning.

Mmm.... Dolphin

brandonA
06-15-07, 5:04 pm
Got to move some furniture right after work, then maybe a killer game of basketball with Danny...I'm thinking half court, if you miss you have to sprint baseline to half court and back....shit, gonna be a long game, cause I suck.....and then, maybe I can talk Stacy in to renting the new Rocky movie...and just chill.....G/K, I wish I could go fish'n, but there ain't no water......ahahahahaah

-B

eblnyc
06-15-07, 5:07 pm
this is one friday iam not staying home.my birthday is tommorrow so iam going out clubbing with my hooker heels.

JUGGERNAUT
06-15-07, 5:21 pm
Looks like a chest night followed by helping a friend move into a new home all weekend and then using a new chainsaw/picaxe to level a stump in my own yard this same weekend. Looking at a "DOMS" Tuesday for sure! haha

Giant Killer
06-15-07, 5:28 pm
Looks like a chest night followed by helping a friend move into a new home all weekend and then using a new chainsaw/picaxe to level a stump in my own yard this same weekend. Looking at a "DOMS" Tuesday for sure! haha

Dug a trench (grave sized) for my grandpa's gas line last week. 5 feet deep, 15 feet long, "2 asses wide". Doing the job a backhoe and a steam shovel was meant to be doin'. The "DOMS" were unbelievable and so was the pump, better than many of my upper body workouts. Nothing like some good blue collar dues to shock your system...

JUGGERNAUT
06-15-07, 5:42 pm
Dug a trench (grave sized) for my grandpa's gas line last week. 5 feet deep, 15 feet long, "2 asses wide". The "DOMS" were unbelievable and so was the pump, better than many of my upper body workouts. Nothing like some good blue collar dues to shock your system...

Don't you know it. I was a non-union Blacktop guy for 5 years and did handwork the the union guys used machines for. Nothing against union guys but we plain didn't have the option because that family owned company did not have the capital for all the CAT equipment. That experience changed me for life and no time in the gym will ever be too taxing after that life. So hats off to you for replying, all the service people, the blue collar workers and the rest of you on this life altering board!

brandonA
06-15-07, 5:49 pm
Don't you know it. I was a non-union Blacktop guy for 5 years and did handwork the the union guys used machines for. Nothing against union guys but we plain didn't have the option because that family owned company did not have the capital for all the CAT equipment. That experience changed me for life and no time in the gym will ever be too taxing after that life. So hats off to you for replying, all the service people, the blue collar workers and the rest of you on this life altering board!

Huge props....My mom's ex husband was a roofer...did that shit in the summers...nothing like carring a bucket of hot tar up a ladder in the summer....Huge props to the the guys in the shit all day....won't hear me complaining from my desk....

-B

Grim Tavis
06-15-07, 7:31 pm
Damn brothers...you got to me.

I was thinking of just taking the night off and lazing around. Now I read this and started grinning at some of the fun/crazy shit on here. So, after work it is off to the gym for back day starting with everyones favorite, deadlifts.

It seems like me and my training partner are the only ones that do deads at that gym (well, some do rack deads or some other odd variation of deads). We seem to be the only ones stupid/brave enough to attack them hard and heavy (well, heavy for me anyway).

I will be thinking of the rest of you when the butterflys hit my gut as the fear enters me looking at that big nasty bar loaded up on the ground...laughing at me. It always laughs until I pick it up...over and over again.

dIdDy
06-15-07, 8:23 pm
i work on friday nights....

Giant Killer
06-15-07, 8:32 pm
Rest assured I hit bi's and chest hard today. It's Friday night but dues still got to be paid every day...then fun.

dIdDy
06-15-07, 9:21 pm
Rest assured I hit bi's and chest hard today. It's Friday night but dues still got to be paid every day...then fun.

payin dues is as fun as it gets

maddawg
06-15-07, 9:25 pm
lift in the mornin work all day go to sleep late wake up at the ass crack of dawn go fish than hit legs on saturday

Roland
06-15-07, 9:31 pm
Friday is just another day...sitting here getting in all my meals beacause I trained my fucking ass off today, and If I go out i can't promise myself that I will be getting in all my meals/water intake for sure, I can't walk into a fucking club with a gallon jug of water...however sometimes I will go out to dinner/movie with some friends...it just all comes down to I really love this lifestyle and I will do anything it takes for me to give it 100%. This shit is my life brothers and I love it! Consistency, dedication, discipline and sacrifice will lead to the greatest gains.

Maccabee
06-16-07, 10:55 pm
Friday is just another day...sitting here getting in all my meals beacause I trained my fucking ass off today, and If I go out i can't promise myself that I will be getting in all my meals/water intake for sure, I can't walk into a fucking club with a gallon jug of water...however sometimes I will go out to dinner/movie with some friends...it just all comes down to I really love this lifestyle and I will do anything it takes for me to give it 100%. This shit is my life brothers and I love it! Consistency, dedication, discipline and sacrifice will lead to the greatest gains.

Same here bro. I agree with ya man.

Lowdown5
06-16-07, 11:11 pm

That is hitting the nail right on the head.

SpecialBlend
06-17-07, 3:50 am
what are days anymore? i work a 4-12 nite shift mon-sat at a warehouse slangin meats and produce nite in and nite out, sleep then train, its pretty sick but id have it no other way.

J-Dawg
06-29-07, 5:15 pm
Just another night of training. Who'll be doing the same tonight?

brandonA
06-29-07, 5:16 pm
Just another night of training. Who'll be doing the same tonight?

got some sprints and drills for football...yea..

-B

Crash
06-29-07, 6:28 pm
Tonight is the Gunshow.

Tomorrow morning at 6, Cardio (Running around town b/c the gym doesn't open till 8:30)

Then 4 hours of Work,

Then Leg Day.

k1usa
06-29-07, 7:06 pm
hit the gym at 5...delts.....some back from missing yesterday.....hit the pasta place in Danville...then home to crash with my little guy....we watch Sponge Bob...cuddle with his teddy bear and just deal with the pain from the workout

BigAnt
06-29-07, 9:05 pm
I've been sitting, thinking about stuff. We are living a life which we should consider ourselves lucky. All the whiffs and whims of the human race have been answered, and our survival has taken a backseat (at least in the places where most of us who are in this forum are). With this have come laze, disrespect for rules, disregard for the person next to us. People expect things to be done for them. Blood, sweat, tears and, most of all, patience, hold no importance in our world any longer. People just love to take the easy way out.
That's when we, the people who beat and get beat by iron, come out into play. We are out on a quest to perfect ourselves. Each session at the gym, is not only about busting ass physically. It's about teaching ourselves a way of life, about teaching ourselves discipline, and patience. We go about our lives with the same intensity, and the same rigors that the iron plates have taught us. We are not like them. We are people who have gone back to the values of our forefathers, and the mere process of going back to our roots and watering them makes us stronger.

Let us all say thank you to what's been given to us. And let us all use it and lead by example.

Just winding down.
Nawaaz

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After work===Train arms, come home, Torrent in hand, ice shoulder - go on this board...answer questions...have Chinese food...the simple things in life...that is all I need!

Lowdown5
06-29-07, 9:13 pm
Sitting watchin a ball game, trying to learn as much as I can here from all you fellas. Had some teriyaki chicken and veggies. Thinking about what I did this week in the gym, and what I didn't get done. Tryin to heal what hurts so I can get back in the gym on Monday and start the cycle over.

herdz
06-29-07, 9:17 pm
Werkin at the gym right now fellas, theres no one here but me!? what the hell happenes to people on friday?? i trained today, why arent they?

Toni69
06-30-07, 3:26 am
Hmmmm, let's give you a rundown of every Friday all day for Toni...

wake up at 630am, get myself and the little man ready for school. He eats breakfast..I do stuff around the house. Take J to school by 840am. Come home and I eat my breakfast (my favorite meal of the day too, so I take my time, sit and enjoy it peacefully..usually here at the computer with all of you...my keyboard is a mess!)

Hit the gym for a while.
Go get J. We come home and eat a small meal..he watches TV to chill and I do whatever I have to do.

We make dinner (or I take him out to eat fri or sat night), watch movies and play some boardgames for a couple hours, then he gets ready for bed.
I stay up here with you guys or I get a glass of wine and watch my shows.
Before you know it, Toni is sleepy...grabs a quick bite or a casein shake before bed.

Nighty night Toni! My life seriously in a nutshell!

Beowulf
07-06-07, 8:57 am
Hitting the gym and then time to catch a movie. Any suggestions?

07-06-07, 9:37 am

Theater or rental? I'm not sure if there's anything particularly good out there, but there are plenty of movies worth watching if you're going to rent.

Jaymafin
07-06-07, 9:45 am
friday is my busiest day of the week. up at 0500 for cardio, at work by 0700 there till 1630. straight to the gym for 1.5-2 hrs. brings me to about 1900, down some food, shower shave the dome and get ready for work. Now the fun part.......i get to choke anyone that decides to be an asshole in the bar. that goes till about 0330. so im up for almost 24 straight hours every friday. wouldnt change it for the world.

Universal Rep
07-06-07, 10:08 am
Theater or rental? I'm not sure if there's anything particularly good out there, but there are plenty of movies worth watching if you're going to rent.

Rocky. Goodfellas. Apocalypse Now.

TufffGuY
07-06-07, 10:14 am
Rocky. Goodfellas. Apocalypse Now.

Rounders, Fight Club, Equlibrium, Batmen Begins.

Freakshow
07-06-07, 10:16 am

Lucky Number Slevin, Rocky Balboa, Shooter.

Or in theaters, Transformers or Live Free or Die Hard.

07-06-07, 10:45 am
Though more people know "Psycho", I'm going with "Rear Window".
"8 1/2" over "Brazil" for the win.
"Citizen Kane" over "Casablanca".
"Hidden Fortress" over "Star Wars".
"Dr. Strangelove" over "The Deerhunter".

G Diesel
07-06-07, 11:16 am
Rounders

Awesome sleeper flick... Great cast, good writing, good acting. That one never gets old. Peace, G

G Diesel
07-06-07, 11:18 am
You ever notice how everyone on this board worships Fight Club and 300? Fuckin weird. Peace, G

Punisher
07-06-07, 11:20 am
You ever notice how everyone on this board worships Fight Club and 300? Fuckin weird. Peace, G

yessss

G Diesel
07-06-07, 11:21 am
yessss

That is a psychology thesis just begging to be written. Peace, G

Space Cowboy
07-06-07, 11:21 am

Ok, you cant beat

7even, Heat, Shawshank Redemption, Bourne identity/supremacy, Leon, True Romance

for a bit of Goof........

Kingpin, Fargo, Dumb n Dumber,

at the flicks its gotta be.......

TRANSFORMERS - Robots in disgizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze!!!

EASI

Space Cowboy
07-06-07, 11:38 am
Friday night for me this year has been 'back day' after work, get home, 16oz sirloin and some good film.

Tonight im letting my (short) hair down for once, im hittin the guinness and sambucca's, im goin to some pubs and clubs around Canary Wharf (Britain tallest building) in London. Tonight is cheat night..........

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/canary_wharf_night2-01.jpg

Am i alone is feelin shitty at the thought of gettin shit faced and lettin alcohol consume me, truth be told ive busted my nuts all year, 5 sessions a week, every week, havent had a drink in over a month, yea fuck it, i'll cover my ass ten fold next week to make up for tonights battering my unsuspecting liver will take.

Everyone, have a great weekend................

07-06-07, 11:40 am

Are those movies?

Torque757
07-06-07, 6:34 pm

G, since when is it weird to love 2 of the greatest movies ever made? I am sure not everyone does, but they are def 2 of my favorite, if not my top 2.

Wasteland
07-20-07, 10:48 am
Another Friday. Just another day.

brandonA
07-20-07, 10:52 am
Another Friday. Just another day.

Feel Ya bro...another day another dollar..

-B

krazyassmexican
07-20-07, 10:53 am
friday afternoon i'll be buying food and water
puttin money on the bank friday nite i go to bed

brandonA
07-20-07, 10:55 am

Blues Brothers....Now that's a fucking movie....

-B

The_Dude
07-20-07, 10:56 am

-B

Hellyeah! I just watched that flick a few weeks ago.

Beowulf
07-20-07, 11:11 am

-B

Hilarious flick!

billmd1334
07-20-07, 11:45 am
tonight looks like shoulders, cardio... then going home to relax. Sometimes life on a Friday Night being alone sucks, but sometimes the time alone is nice.

IRBS
07-20-07, 11:54 am
You know, I see a lot of young guys here who choose to stay at home on a Friday/Saturday night, and thats cool, I respect that decision. I just hope that you guys arent letting your youth pass you by too quickly.

It is easy to go hang out with friends and not get hammered, or for that matter, even stay out late. What I would suggest is that you break out of your shell a little and have a good time. You can have the best of both worlds guys, its really not that difficult. I am not advocating going out and living a "party" lifestyle. But you can go hang out with your friends who do without taking part in the things which will hurt you. Most of my friends respect the fact that I can go out and chill with them at a bar or a house party, whatever, and not drink and have a great time...and I'm married!! LOL!!

Please dont take this as me saying you guys are making bad decisions by staying home on a Friday night. I am not saying that at all. I just hope the 18-22/23year olds arent missing out on some of the greatest times of their lives.

Again...JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR HERE...I am not saying that there is anything wrong with staying home on the weekends, LOL!! (I know someone is going to take it the wrong way...geez)

spyderman4g63
07-20-07, 12:30 pm
It is easy to go hang out with friends and not get hammered, or for that matter, even stay out late.

I am in bed by 10, 11 at the latest. My buddies don't start to head out until 11:00. I hear my brother roll in around 5 or 6 in the morning, shit faced of course. It is possible to go out and not drink. But it really isn't that much fun being the only sober one in a group of drunk idiots.

I am not saying I never go out or that I don't like to. I'll will go out and drink once every few months. The only time people I know go out is to get drunk or eat shitty food, and I am trying to avoid that.

Joker-Roo
07-20-07, 12:54 pm
Agree with you totallly bro. I work my schedule around the weekends to accomindate my friends.

Andru

You know, I see a lot of young guys here who choose to stay at home on a Friday/Saturday night, and thats cool, I respect that decision. I just hope that you guys arent letting your youth pass you by too quickly.

It is easy to go hang out with friends and not get hammered, or for that matter, even stay out late. What I would suggest is that you break out of your shell a little and have a good time. You can have the best of both worlds guys, its really not that difficult. I am not advocating going out and living a "party" lifestyle. But you can go hang out with your friends who do without taking part in the things which will hurt you. Most of my friends respect the fact that I can go out and chill with them at a bar or a house party, whatever, and not drink and have a great time...and I'm married!! LOL!!

Please dont take this as me saying you guys are making bad decisions by staying home on a Friday night. I am not saying that at all. I just hope the 18-22/23year olds arent missing out on some of the greatest times of their lives.

Again...JUST SO WE ARE CLEAR HERE...I am not saying that there is anything wrong with staying home on the weekends, LOL!! (I know someone is going to take it the wrong way...geez)

IRBS
07-20-07, 12:58 pm
I am in bed by 10, 11 at the latest. My buddies don't start to head out until 11:00. I hear my brother roll in around 5 or 6 in the morning, shit faced of course. It is possible to go out and not drink. But it really isn't that much fun being the only sober one in a group of drunk idiots.

I am not saying I never go out or that I don't like to. I'll will go out and drink once every few months. The only time people I know go out is to get drunk or eat shitty food, and I am trying to avoid that.

Thats a shame bro, sorry to hear it. I always have a blast with my bros.

Agree with you totallly bro. I work my schedule around the weekends to accomindate my friends.

Andru

Good deal bro, Gotta make time for others.

spyderman4g63
07-20-07, 1:01 pm
Thats a shame bro, sorry to hear it. I always have a blast with my bros.

Between work, lifting, eating and the girlfriend(can't forget her) there is no time left in the day.

IRBS
07-20-07, 1:08 pm
Between work, lifting, eating and the girlfriend(can't forget her) there is no time left in the day.

Wait till you get married....LOL!!! (KIDDING!!!!)

spyderman4g63
07-20-07, 1:12 pm
Wait till you get married....LOL!!! (KIDDING!!!!)

I might as well be now. 4 1/2 years and going strong. I'm not ready for that yet. Still too young.

krazyassmexican
07-20-07, 1:17 pm
if i go out i am 100% sure that i am gonna end up wasted and probably with some (slow motion smoke) (i hope u get it) in my system not that i smoke that by my boys do and fucked up a good week of eatin and training that's why i stay at home

but today i'll go out not to late
my girls want to chill with the krazyass animal
they invited me to hooters LOL!

Toni69
07-20-07, 2:36 pm
I have friends that significantly vary in how they choose to spend their "free time"..I have gf's that their idea of going out is all day shopping sprees, other gf's of mine would rather go out to dinner, a movie, have a couple drinks and chat all night long. Then I have the other gf or two that goes to the extreme and wants to dance all night long, drink, act stupid, flirt with guys half their age...one in particular is 35yrs old, married with 2 kids!

Now...I love all my friends as different as they all are from one another and I spend equal amount of time with each of them. I dont go out every night or every wkd (obviously...Im here now! LOL)...but I do go out and enjoy myself and I may not choose to get shitfaced or I may not totally enjoy walking around the mall for 6 hrs while my friends try every outfit under the sun on and dont buy anything on top of that.

What I do choose to do is balance my life with theirs because they are my friends. When I dieted..I went to the movies with everyone..sat there and ate boiled chicken breast and aspragus while everyone pigged out on movie yummies.

True friends will make sacrifices for one another...tit for tat. Once again, its balance, its accomodation and appreciation for one another. If your friends mean that much to you...spend time with them. Friends are hard to come by these days anymore. If your friends want to go and get drunk every wkd and you rather not, then just go out every other wkd, have a beer...hang out and relax...then go home. At least then, you made the effort and your friends wont accuse you of becoming a hermit crab that trains all day...in your own little shell!

IRBS
07-20-07, 2:40 pm
I have friends that significantly vary in how they choose to spend their "free time"..I have gf's that their idea of going out is all day shopping sprees, other gf's of mine would rather go out to dinner, a movie, have a couple drinks and chat all night long. Then I have the other gf or two that goes to the extreme and wants to dance all night long, drink, act stupid, flirt with guys half their age...one in particular is 35yrs old, married with 2 kids!

Now...I love all my friends as different as they all are from one another and I spend equal amount of time with each of them. I dont go out every night or every wkd (obviously...Im here now! LOL)...but I do go out and enjoy myself and I may not choose to get shitfaced or I may not totally enjoy walking around the mall for 6 hrs while my friends try every outfit under the sun on and dont buy anything on top of that.

What I do choose to do is balance my life with theirs because they are my friends. When I dieted..I went to the movies with everyone..sat there and ate boiled chicken breast and aspragus while everyone pigged out on movie yummies.

True friends will make sacrifices for one another...tit for tat. Once again, its balance, its accomodation and appreciation for one another. If your friends mean that much to you...spend time with them. Friends are hard to come by these days anymore. If your friends want to go and get drunk every wkd and you rather not, then just go out every other wkd, have a beer...hang out and relax...then go home. At least then, you made the effort and your friends wont accuse you of becoming a hermit crab that trains all day...in your own little shell!

^^^That sums up what I meant...

Joker-Roo
07-20-07, 3:07 pm
if i go out i am 100% sure that i am gonna end up wasted and probably with some (slow motion smoke) (i hope u get it) in my system not that i smoke that by my boys do and fucked up a good week of eatin and training that's why i stay at home

but today i'll go out not to late
my girls want to chill with the krazyass animal
they invited me to hooters LOL!

See thats what its about, living it up'. Now I'm not saying all you other boys need to get out and live, its just whatever "floats your boat" to make you happy with shit. Probably 99% of you already have "shot the shit".

Point is, no matter what, were all lucky of what we have and got!

MMMMMMM Hooters

Andru

krazyassmexican
07-20-07, 3:09 pm
yeah but plus since i was lil i've been a lonely boy i like to chill by myself or myself and the weights
See thats what its about, living it up'. Now I'm not saying all you other boys need to get out and live, its just whatever "floats your boat" to make you happy with shit. Probably 99% of you already have "shot the shit".

Point is, no matter what, were all lucky of what we have and got!

MMMMMMM Hooters

Andru

Powerfreak
07-20-07, 3:10 pm
On a Friday night i can be found at the gym under a bar, Squat night.

Joker-Roo
07-20-07, 3:13 pm
pushin' balls to the walls? (is there any other way?)

On a Friday night i can be found at the gym under a bar, Squat night.

an1ma100
07-20-07, 4:50 pm
yep already did my back and ran for 4 miles morning going back to jog for 5 more thats my friday night :)

str8_beastin
07-22-07, 12:07 pm
I look at it like this....I love the bb lifestyle and im thinking on how i can get bigger 24/7 and always tryin to eat every 2 hours but i dont plan on competing. I take it very serious and over the yrs ive gone from 150 lbs - 230lbs I lift sun-thur so on these days i get my meals every 2 hours. I take the weights n my diet very seriously but since i dont ever plan on competing it makes it just a hobby for me. Therefore I do enjoy my weekends and go out and drink. Ill just drink liquor wit diet coke instead of beer and things like that. Like they said earlier u can get the best of both worlds. Later

Beowulf
08-10-07, 12:51 pm
Have to work tonight. Sucks.

mikejones1
09-21-07, 10:39 pm
friday night. i noticed the boards here are quieter than usual, maybe im wrong. im siting all alone in the kitchen at 1030 tearin apart this steak and rice i have in front of me. yeah i have no life, but i aint really trying to change it either. i just got out of the marines, i should be partying right? no. im a 22yr old loner, always have been always will be. this animal lifestyle is what keeps me going. i havnt been in the game long, but i aint ever gona be as big as ant,ox, or g diesel. i know im not going to be pro. but for some reason i still keep on going. its like a disease. when im in the gym im a totally different person. i fucking love it.

what about this animal lifestyle keeps you guys and gals going?

alecto42
09-21-07, 10:44 pm
that fact that it is you vs. yourself, no outside influence can tell u wat to do, its ur body, u do what u please, if u want to cheat, then cheat, because in this game ur only cheating urself.. u dont have some player next to you that is going to take a play off when ur giving 110%, in this game if you give 110% every single second your performing than you get 110% out, instead of a sacked QB even tho you did YOUR job..

but the thing that keeps me going the most... its a 24 hour, 7 day a week, 365 day out of the year diet/training/mentality that you must have to keep on going... u take 1 day off? some1 will be in there becoming better than u..

think about it? When was the last time you did something for urself??

Military = Country
Job = Money to live/pay for something
Most of the youngins on here have chores = Parents

Bodybuilding, Lifting, and becoming the best you can??.... YOU DO THAT FOR URSELF and yourself only.. If your in this game for girls... Your on the wrong freakin site.

Pizzalamp
09-21-07, 10:44 pm
its proving to myself that i can become the beast i picture in my mind
its proving to myself i wont give up and im gonna keep going when others dont want to go

TylerC
09-21-07, 10:46 pm
I spent my friday night working my bis and tris. Now im spending it drinking water, eating food, and taking in protein to replenish the damage. It was a good work out. Nobody was there tho. I had to lock up the gym when I left. Didn't see that many cars on the drive home either. I guess everybody else has dates and parties and such. I had BB curls, DB curls, dips, skullcrushers, etc. But what can I say...I would still go out with a girl if I had the chance. But until then....my arms could use another inch.

MetalAsh12
09-21-07, 10:47 pm
who says you wont ever be as big as G and all of 'em? There is no limit, you get as big as you want.

KoN
09-21-07, 10:54 pm
bro! dont wanna sound to gungho but... hate is my motivator save it for the iron
and smash out that f*#kin shit... just getting out of da marines it shoud be like
second nature.
beats smashing some f#*kers face in and doin time!
gettin big is prob. the last thing that crosses my mind

RoJoHen
09-21-07, 10:58 pm
My routine for Friday nights (if I get off work early enough):

Drop my roommates off at the bars.

Workout. I love how empty the gym is on the weekends, and I'm a night owl, so I usually go around midnight anyway.

Pick my roommates up.

My friends always try to get me to go out with them, and sometimes I do, but I've found that being the designated driver is an excellent way to balance my social life with lifting.

Wasteland
09-27-07, 4:00 pm
Someone say the Olympia is going to be televised this weekend?

Torque757
09-27-07, 8:08 pm
I spend friday nights with freinds, but not partying. Something bad always happens at parties, and theres alot of dicks and assholes to watch out for there to.

Especially in college, its mostly fraternitys/sorities(which I hate infinently more than parties) anyways. My freinds drink occasionally, but I never do. I have alot more fun in those situations then going to a party type atmosphere and bein on edge.

Whoever said having a social life has to include goin to parties should be shot in the face. If that IS in fact what a "socail life" is, then it is completely and utterly unecessary.

violator
09-28-07, 8:39 am

I'll be suffering with you brother......gotta love it...

Shark
09-28-07, 12:24 pm
Looking forward to another quiet Friday night. Everyone has kids or plans for parties or bars.

Season premiere of Las Vegas is tonight. I got a nice no carb meal planned.

Olympia is tomorrow.

Decent weekend.

JMC
09-28-07, 12:47 pm
We go to dinner every Friday night then hit the grocery store. Then the my evening is filled with eating, some tv, and getting ready for a full day of college football on Saturday baby! Nothing but fun!!!

LegendKillerJosh
09-28-07, 4:09 pm
all of us know reaching your goals is a 24/7 job. It extends from this friday night to next friday night until you've accomplished whatever you want. That's the animal way.

Medford
09-28-07, 7:47 pm
this is the first friday I haven't had to work in a long time

it's nice just to chill

AnthonyB
09-28-07, 9:01 pm
early today i had the best squat work out in over a year and a half. now i'm home. alone, and bored. but fuck it. drinking or doing anything stupid will fuck up my recovery. now i just ice my knees. drink my protein and watch the baseball game. this is about the 5th week in a row I havent done anything at all, at the same time i feel like im getting stronger. well worth it.

Pizzalamp
09-28-07, 11:53 pm
had dinner w/ freinds
home watched olympia prejudging
legs and work tommorow asleep by 1 up by 9 ish

ChandlerXJ
09-29-07, 12:05 am
just so everyone gets some motivation, I'm at college on Philadelphia, everyone has a beer, I have a shake. Real gains, ISO, and about 15 fish oils to fill in the fats. People are asking me about the life its pretty cool.

Get an iPhone and get a shake, have a good time.

AnthonyB
09-29-07, 12:36 am
are u around 30th st still?

Medford
09-29-07, 11:08 am
Bringing a shake to a beer party. Interesting.

SizeMatters
10-01-07, 9:35 pm
this post really hits home to me i cant tell you how many times im sitting home after a sick leg workout only to get im s like yo im havin people over come through or yo come to the bar bro...fuck the bar and forget the partys peopele dont understand why i have a gallon of water in my hand and not budlight....the only thing that gets me fucked up is the pain i put myself through in the gym not from the red cup in sipping on @ my boys house.

LUCEE
10-06-07, 12:28 am
I gotta admit last night was a challange for me. All of you who have given up the party life for bodybuilding may have gone through this, more than once. We had everything to celebrate for, and we are leaving soon. So I go out with some buddies to see a movie, The Kingdom. We come back and i see people chillin, drinking as usual, playin their druken games. I get invited to join, but i decline. Then like 30 minutes pass and everybody and there mom is out there having a good time. It was very tempting to say " maybe this one time won't hurt" but i stood my ground and ventured off alone to work on some music and eat. I am glad I made that decision or I would have been kickin myself in the A$# today cuz I gotta work legs. But it's real challenging, especially in the military. DAMN...

MetalAsh12
10-06-07, 1:12 am
Takes restraint to excel in this sport; good for you.

naturalguy
10-06-07, 8:18 am
When you want to lead the orchestra, you have to turn your back on the crowd.

LUCEE
10-06-07, 10:34 am
Amen to the shake at the party. Done it more than once.

Lowdown5
10-06-07, 10:39 am
When you want to lead the orchestra, you have to turn your back on the crowd.

Great way to put it Bro.

simpleguy
10-06-07, 10:52 am
haha, the shake at party is really cool...

LUCEE
10-07-07, 12:13 am
did it last night again...people expect it from me.

LUCEE
10-10-07, 10:20 pm
I gotta admit again...being back home, is tough. Welcome home parties, time off....what do you do? Every one wants to go out and party and go clubbin, but you gotta eat and get to bed on time to grow. Sometimes you feel like a hermit. It's tough mentally, physically, emotionally and socially. Hmmm what to do, what to do. That is the question or at least one of them. Gotta find a balance...or im gonna go crazy.

Roland
10-10-07, 10:25 pm
I feel ya brother. We all feel the same way...BUT you gotta choose, you either party away your life...or do something good that will change you in a GOOD way, to better yourself. That is your call, we can't tell you what to do. Or show up at the parties with a shake... you don't have to drink to have a good time.

LUCEE
10-10-07, 10:32 pm
yeah i am solid in my decisions, but i admit it does cross my mind at times. Then i step back, take a look at everything and say to myself " f$%# that, it's not worth it. Still go out and socialize but don't drink and i get free entertainment from drunken fools...too many clowns in this world...feel like i am at a f*&@#$% circus....holla

ironshaolin
10-11-07, 7:54 am
don't be a stick in the mud either. Unless you're in the midst of a diet, just drive yourself there. Having 1 or 2 drinks and leaving early won't kill you, and now you've gotten to relax a bit, enjoy other's company, but get home early enough to rest up for your session.

Testpolska
10-11-07, 11:05 am
Go party bro. Don't bang it until 5 AM but go have a good time. Enjoy your life. Just because you go out don't mean you have to drink just go out and enjoy the company of friends. Bring your meals with ya. Sleep in a little the next day if time allows.

Ronnie Chop
10-11-07, 11:46 am
I'm in the same boat, I just eat before I leave to go out. Pound bottles of water at the club/bar and after two hours you know you gotta go whether it be to go to sleep or eat again...

Torque757
10-11-07, 1:21 pm
I gotta admit again...being back home, is tough. Welcome home parties, time off....what do you do? Every one wants to go out and party and go clubbin, but you gotta eat and get to bed on time to grow. Sometimes you feel like a hermit. It's tough mentally, physically, emotionally and socially. Hmmm what to do, what to do. That is the question or at least one of them. Gotta find a balance...or im gonna go crazy.

Being social doesnt mean drinking, going to a party or clubbin, you can hang out and be social without all that. And just because you forego those things dones mean you arent "living life".Hang out with your freinds when their doing something besides partying. If thats all they do, you should really find some new freinds.

SomeDayI'llBeXL
10-11-07, 10:31 pm
I know how you are feeling. I quit the bottle a long time ago,buit my freinds didnt, but Im still out on the weekends aslong as I dont have to work the following mourning. Im just the designated driver anymore, which is fine by me. We go out, have some laughs, I watch them make fools of themselves, then I make sure they get home alright. I catch shit constantly, but atleast we are making memories and they arent running the risk of killling themselves or anyone else.

Good Luck Brothers.

P.S. Drunk people will give you money for anything, make them bu you a meal while you are out

LHS Monster
10-11-07, 10:40 pm
I know how you are feeling. I quit the bottle a long time ago,buit my freinds didnt, but Im still out on the weekends aslong as I dont have to work the following mourning. Im just the designated driver anymore, which is fine by me. We go out, have some laughs, I watch them make fools of themselves, then I make sure they get home alright. I catch shit constantly, but atleast we are making memories and they arent running the risk of killling themselves or anyone else.

Good Luck Brothers.

P.S. Drunk people will give you money for anything, make them bu you a meal while you are out

yes drunk people will give you money for anything ... im usually the DD so when my friends are sober i also use that as leverage when i need a hand or wanna do sum else than party.... i do drink one at most two if its a big party but if its small im the DD.... plus free food and snuff rocks

Universal Rep
11-16-07, 4:34 pm
Another Friday. Another weekend.

brandonA
11-16-07, 5:01 pm
Another Friday. Another weekend.

This time next week, I will be in a turkey coma...LOL...

-B

PJC
11-16-07, 5:27 pm
AOM #10 - Delts - Traps - Abs then home, solid food, shake and sleep.

jeff00z28
11-16-07, 7:13 pm
im hitting shoulders at 8

NickSP
11-16-07, 7:52 pm
Friday's are such good days for leg day. I don't think I'm ever gonna put legs on a different day again

Wasteland
12-07-07, 3:49 pm
Friday and there are three ABC events going on this weekend, Jersey, Central Texas and Chicago--well over 100 lifters from the Forvm and likely many more, getting together to lift, share wisdom and eat. The anticipation must be great. Looking forward to seeing the pics. Enjoy to all who are attending. Crush the iron for those of us not there. Let's see what life is like on Monday morning.

Giant Killer
12-07-07, 6:22 pm
on a Friday night. Cooking for the weekend. Steak, ground beef, chicken, hard boiled eggs, rice, potatoes. Two 12 hour shifts ahead of me and I got to be prepared.

ANDROTAZ
12-07-07, 11:06 pm
Just got home from the gym...bis/tris. Legs tomorrow, calves for the second time this week. As for now, it's time to down my whey and Gatorade/mono and relax with ESPN for a second before I eat some steak and oats, then I'll be off to hang with a female friend of mine...heh.

Vikingman
12-07-07, 11:22 pm
It's good to remember there are many ways to show passion, discipline, focus, and acheivement. I have a friend who only has two years left of med school and can pretty much say his above accomplishments can rival ANY bodybuilders. Or for instance a business man who clims the ladder of corporate success....just as comendable in my books. There are a ton of ways to be "hardcore" and ya, bodybuilding is just one of many.

ANDROTAZ
12-07-07, 11:28 pm
It's good to remember there are many ways to show passion, discipline, focus, and acheivement. I have a friend who only has two years left of med school and can pretty much say his above accomplishments can rival ANY bodybuilders. Or for instance a business man who clims the ladder of corporate success....just as comendable in my books. There are a ton of ways to be "hardcore" and ya, bodybuilding is just one of many.

Right on, bro. In a few years I plan on being able to say that I'm a bodybuilder AND I have two years left of med school...no doubt, being a biomedical science major is proving to be some truly hardcore shit.

Vikingman
12-07-07, 11:30 pm
Ya it's good to remember balance. What good is it if your "hardcore" in the gym but live at home past 18, or live paycheck to paycheck? Be hardcore in ALL avenues I say.

krypto
12-08-07, 3:59 pm
Right on, bro. In a few years I plan on being able to say that I'm a bodybuilder AND I have two years left of med school...no doubt, being a biomedical science major is proving to be some truly hardcore shit.
you were in med school at the age of 18????

ANDROTAZ
12-10-07, 12:21 am
you were in med school at the age of 18????

LOL no bro, that's why I said "in a few years". I'm currently a sophomore in college. But med school >> M.D. is my dream, and I'll be damned if I don't get there.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-10-07, 1:56 am
man friday night i had about 4 parties in my complex, but i stayed in ate a ton and went to bed early saturday cause it was too loud to sleep and got up and drive 2 hrs to go to the central texas ABC meet, and im soo glad i passed up partying, it was well worth the sacrifice, fortunately or not for me i do drink but do go to an ABC id give it up in a heart beat over and over..

Brute
12-10-07, 9:12 am
We'll all carry our rage, disappointment, frustrations and problems into the gym but when we emerge we're reborn. Every time we walk away from the punishment we're reminded what it's like to be alive. Stepping outside with frost and ice on the trees we feel like giants, and as our body begins the slow process of rebuilding itself after our session of self destruction we find peace - we find peace in our commitment, and making good on the promises to ourselves.

When the last set of the day is done and the body is bulging with blood we step outside of the mundane and the mediocre, if only for a fleeting moment. The next day brings more battles to wage and banners to hold high over the bodies of our enemies.

krypto
12-10-07, 6:04 pm
LOL no bro, that's why I said "in a few years". I'm currently a sophomore in college. But med school >> M.D. is my dream, and I'll be damned if I don't get there.my bro is in med school and 4 of my friends are in med school and my mother is a nurse and has been around doctors her whole life and she told me hasnt met a doctor who wasnt depressed but they have every right to be. all that school yet you will be making less money than dum bball players who sound sooo dumb when interviewed.

REBORN1
01-18-08, 7:56 pm
sitting here of course on a friday night, going over my weekly logs, looking at fixing somethings...its weird....playing ball every friday night for four years of HS, whether it was football or a basketball game, i never really had the free time, then seniur rolled a round and i got with the girl i wanted to be with, i was with her on a friday night, now being at school, looking at people go out at 11 and not come back til 8 or so in the morning, i dont know how they do it....brothers by the time i am done with my two cardio sessions, working my legs for the second time of the week and doing work, i am exhausted and i dont mean im just tired, i mean im ready to pass out and go into a coma....well now the girls gone(workin on gettin her back, b.c i kno shes worth it), havent touched alcohol in 3 yrs., do i regret not going out every weekend and getting shit faced? hell no...do i regret not going out and just hooking up with random ass chicks every weekend? hell no....do i regret missing my training session and my cardio sessions? HELL YES...what i am trying to say through this is, weve all got one life one shot to live, if i want to fulfill my goals of walking on to the team at the school i want to be at, if i want to be a huge motherfucker on and off the field, on the beach, in the weightroom, wherever u want to be huge, why worry about what others are doing tonight?

shit i hope that makes sense

Bigugly1987
01-18-08, 8:03 pm
sitting here of course on a friday night, going over my weekly logs, looking at fixing somethings...its weird....playing ball every friday night for four years of HS, whether it was football or a basketball game, i never really had the free time, then seniur rolled a round and i got with the girl i wanted to be with, i was with her on a friday night, now being at school, looking at people go out at 11 and not come back til 8 or so in the morning, i dont know how they do it....brothers by the time i am done with my two cardio sessions, working my legs for the second time of the week and doing work, i am exhausted and i dont mean im just tired, i mean im ready to pass out and go into a coma....well now the girls gone(workin on gettin her back, b.c i kno shes worth it), havent touched alcohol in 3 yrs., do i regret not going out every weekend and getting shit faced? hell no...do i regret not going out and just hooking up with random ass chicks every weekend? hell no....do i regret missing my training session and my cardio sessions? HELL YES...what i am trying to say through this is, weve all got one life one shot to live, if i want to fulfill my goals of walking on to the team at the school i want to be at, if i want to be a huge motherfucker on and off the field, on the beach, in the weightroom, wherever u want to be huge, why worry about what others are doing tonight?

GOD DAMN some one that is just like me! i gave and drinkin on the weekends about a years ago and man the gain dont stop. every thing u just said i feel brotha man! i would like to do squats with u some day lol keep it up pimp

GoldieLocks
01-18-08, 10:01 pm
...Sitting here on a friday night with all of you boys....sounds alright to me... 7:15pm...evening cardio begins. keep up the visions guys. I wouldn't know what to do if got to go out somewhere anyway...LOL....gave it up once i started competing, and never looked back...and guess what, all those jack-asses back in my home town, in my old bar, and still there...and i'm not. enough said.

Cstlfx
01-18-08, 10:29 pm
Friday night? Time to ice any sores, relax, reflect, and think of how sore i'm going to be tomorrow. What a great thought. Also, friday night is the time to look at all of my homework, knowing I will procrastinate until sunday night. Not much I do, cause fridays are leg days. I dont want to walk to my bathroom, let alone go anywhere or do anything.

xpn
01-18-08, 10:39 pm
fryday is my cheat meal time yeahhhh maybe hamburger loll

ShaqFu
01-18-08, 10:43 pm
Ahhh, Friday. I love the weekend nights. I go out on a weekend night maybe once a month, other than that, I go to the library and do my work while the rest of campus gets trashed. Come Sunday, while the rest of school is pissing themselves b/c of all of their work, I'm chilling, working out, and not stressed. Friday nights let me 'recharge' the batteries, get some work done, and make me realize that this lifestyle was freely chosen by me because its the best way for me to live, and I don't regret a second of it. Peace.
ShaqFu

Brick By Brick
01-18-08, 11:34 pm
Dynamic Effort Banded Squat Night! My co-workers are talking about going out tonight, and I'm jabbering about how stoked I am to do banded squats after work. If I didn't have to work tomorrow, I'd be doing strongman/woman event day. It's painful enough packing a 400 lb yoke on your back for 300 feet total without doing it with a hangover. I'll have one beer before I go to bed tonight at 10:30 and call it good.

Chin
01-19-08, 1:11 am
Friday night? Time to ice any sores, relax, reflect, and think of how sore i'm going to be tomorrow. What a great thought. Also, friday night is the time to look at all of my homework, knowing I will procrastinate until sunday night. Not much I do, cause fridays are leg days. I dont want to walk to my bathroom, let alone go anywhere or do anything.

Fridays are normally my leg days also... so after I get back from work I normally just collapse and ChinChill, not much has changed... My whole apartment building is empty and I am here watching sportscenter and eating cottage cheese...

Chin

Roland
01-19-08, 1:20 am

Ahhh, Friday. I love the weekend nights. I go out on a weekend night maybe once a month, other than that, I go to the library and do my work while the rest of campus gets trashed. Come Sunday, while the rest of school is pissing themselves b/c of all of their work, I'm chilling, working out, and not stressed. Friday nights let me 'recharge' the batteries, get some work done, and make me realize that this lifestyle was freely chosen by me because its the best way for me to live, and I don't regret a second of it. Peace.
ShaqFu

I like your mindset brothers. Keep up the discipline and dedication. It will pay off in the long run. This is why I love this place. Peace.

simpleguy
01-19-08, 1:28 am
on friday night my favourite activity is sleeping and getting ready for squats on saturday morning

I sometimes go out with my friends and they get pissed off when I leave around 9-10 cuz I gotta go to bed lol

Alex D
01-19-08, 2:07 am
So its 10pm.. friday night. what am I doing? Im taking my pre workout supplements to go smash on my back for a good hour and a half. start off with widegrip pullups til i reach 50 then 50 closegrip pullups. some heavy bent over rows then to heavy 1 arm rows. finish it off with some widegrip pulldowns and some heavy ass shrugs then do some bi's ( I deadlift every other week ) . I'm pumped. so i roll up to the empty gym parking lot around 1030 (as always). my after lifting protein shake/chalk/belt/bcaa's/gatorade/banana all in my gym bag ready to go. I'm ready to go to war... Until I walk up and find out. They changed the hours from closing at 12 to 10pm on fridays.. I am angry, astonished, furious. All I can think, is what the hell are people going to do on friday night if the gym closes at 10

k1usa
01-19-08, 2:27 am
Its now 11:27 pm here...just finished a load of laundry....waiting on a call from my girlfriend...got my 4 year old in bed after a bath.....wolfed down my second pork chop...can of beans...bowl of pineapples...2 cups of yogert...and getting hungry again. Murdered shoulders tonight....felt wonderful.....my son was in the "kids club" having fun playing while dad here pounded the iron. Something I have noticed this year as compared to last year..and that is the Fit 19 gyms in Fremont , San Ramon and Pleasanton are not running full to the rim like last year after the first month starts...all the people getting back into the game...seems like not as many....which for business is bad...but for us freaks...its jut fine.....

MC-Hitman
01-20-08, 3:25 pm
Fridays
A round of seated good mornings and bi's/abs the rest

Everyone leaves for the house parties/NYCScene
The hard thing is being the only guy who really wants to kick back
But of course not in solitude at this point

I'm pretty much alone when semester rolls in
Put up with these nutjob classes
Met a few of the devoted in the gym (They shuffle in and out) (And I HAVE to RUSH this!?!)
Then anticipate most of the night wasted away by freakin schoolwork
Friday nights -> Nightmare nowadays (Since Fall '06), I gots work to put up with and everyone else goes scott free

I hate Engineering for that
I'd rather be lifting a whole lot more, taking in more/better food and being around people to be with them (Not for schoolwork)

Only one group I can always drop into -You guys and the Forvm

Now I have to get my shit together, I'm moving in tomorra, another semester is rising

*Raise a MuscleMilk Carton*- "To the Brotherhood"

bobbymart
01-21-08, 8:35 pm
Friday night is the pre club pump at the gym aroung 9pm then off to the clubs..... I do arms and calves earlier in the day.

Torque757
01-21-08, 10:51 pm
Friday night is the pre club pump at the gym aroung 9pm then off to the clubs..... I do arms and calves earlier in the day.

So you workout earlier in the day, then go back for the sole purpose of getting a"pump" before going to clubs?

pmug0000
01-22-08, 12:07 am

So you workout earlier in the day, then go back for the sole purpose of getting a"pump" before going to clubs?

That kind of caught my eye too, but I wasn't going to say anything. So you really have an extra session so you can look pretty at the clubs friday night? That's pretty fucking funny if you ask me.

SizeMatters
01-22-08, 9:00 am

word bro i cought that too, weird?

ghost
01-22-08, 9:02 am

seriously? if i saw someone at my old gym coming in to lift then get all fancied up for the Clubs....doing their work out to look good for "clubbin", id cancel their fucking membership.

Malloy1344
01-22-08, 11:31 am

The first thing that popped into my head when I read this was " My New Haircut " on youtube...LOL

SQUAT or DIE!
01-22-08, 11:35 am
The first thing that popped into my head when I read this was " My New Haircut " on youtube...LOL

not now chief im in the fuckin zone!

bobbymart
01-22-08, 2:51 pm

That kind of caught my eye too, but I wasn't going to say anything. So you really have an extra session so you can look pretty at the clubs friday night? That's pretty fucking funny if you ask me.

word bro i cought that too, weird?

seriously? if i saw someone at my old gym coming in to lift then get all fancied up for the Clubs....doing their work out to look good for "clubbin", id cancel their fucking membership.

wow must not have had a verry successfull club.

hell yeah I would not really call it a session I just get a bit of a pump so when I am out at the club dancing I feel solid plus I have allot more energy know what else is funny you can still be hardcore and like to look good.

ghost
01-22-08, 2:59 pm
bobby, it was a successful gym. i dont give a shit about Clubbing it up.

bobbymart
01-22-08, 3:02 pm
bobby, it was a successful gym. i dont give a shit about Clubbing it up.

I don't blame you that is what I like to do I don't give a shit about what allot of people on here do but if it works for em or they enjoy it so be it I run two gyms and it drives me crazy seeing what some people do but to each their own.

pmug0000
01-22-08, 3:34 pm

I just get a bit of a pump so when I am out at the club dancing I feel solid plus I have allot more energy know what else is funny you can still be hardcore and like to look good.

Funny shit bro. You really are hardcore. Do you also go tanning and oil yourself up before you get down on the dance floor? Now THAT would be hardcore.

Rexor91
01-22-08, 3:47 pm

LMGAO... MOM, WHERE'S MY GODDAMN PROTIEN!? I TOLD YOU TO GET ME SOME PROTIEN... lmao, priceless.

Rexor91
01-22-08, 3:49 pm

hell yeah I would not really call it a session I just get a bit of a pump so when I am out at the club dancing I feel solid plus I have allot more energy know what else is funny you can still be hardcore and like to look good.

Truth.

bobbymart
01-22-08, 3:50 pm
Funny shit bro. You really are hardcore. Do you also go tanning and oil yourself up before you get down on the dance floor? Now THAT would be hardcore.

no you know what is funny reading this forum where people refuse to bileave that they can have a social life and be hardcore at the same time... and what is wrong with dancing??? It is pretty pathetic to think that there are people as close minded as you to judge people for doing what they like.

Big Wides
01-22-08, 3:53 pm
Gentleman, stop with the pissing contest.....what bobbymart does on Friday nights is his own business, if he likes to do it then please let him be. Everyone has stuff they like to do there are numeours pages on it here, just becuase it doesnt fit into what you would do there is no need to come down on it..... so stop with this petty bullshit and get back on topic.

Rexor91
01-22-08, 3:59 pm
no you know what is funny reading this forum where people refuse to bileave that they can have a social life and be hardcore at the same time... and what is wrong with dancing??? It is pretty pathetic to think that there are people as close minded as you to judge people for doing what they like.

Truth... again.

pmug0000
01-22-08, 4:07 pm
sorry big wides did not mean to cause problems

Same.
Bobbymart do your thing bro - I'm not one of the guys who thinks bodybuilders need to be isolated from everyone and everything. I completely agree that we should have a social life and enjoy ourselves, especially on weekends after a long work-week. I sure as hell am in no position to tell people what to do. What you do on Friday night is up to you - whatever makes you feel good about yourself is what you should do.

Wasteland
01-25-08, 1:31 pm
Figured it was Friday, so I'd give this thread a bump. Anyway, after I lift tonight, if I'm not wiped, I'm going to try and check out Cloverfield. Will take a barf bag. Wish me luck.

Brute
01-25-08, 1:42 pm
Gonna be the usual for me tonight. Get home, lift hard, eat and play BF2142 with friends...movies tomorrow night.

SQUAT or DIE!
01-25-08, 2:06 pm
aah im goin to the gym in like 20 min, get some cardio in and maybe some shoulders and then play some video games and, dare i say have a few beers.. if i was cutting id have to lock my self in my room on a friday night to stay away from the parties..

Torque757
01-25-08, 2:14 pm

You can have a great social life without ever stepping foot inside club(I never have, and dont plan on going to one, for several reasons).

Your post is very close minded in that you assume since peaple find it "Funny" that an individual would go to the gym for the sole purpose of "pumping up" to go to a club, they are saying you cannot have a social life.

Crash
01-25-08, 2:40 pm
Since I am not above any man, far be it from me to give any suggestion as to what an individual should do with their time. That being said, individuals who choose to spend their time with pigs should not be surprised to find that they have gotten a little mud on them.

This world is fucking tough, and it will take a big fat shit on you, even if all your ducks are in a fucking row. On that note I find the best course of action is to expect the best and prepare for the worst. I have very little tolerance for ignorant, and stupid behavior, and find it best to stay out of places where those individuals gather. Since time is our most precious Comodity, I choose not to waste it with what I deem to be unfruitful actions. Just because the world chooses to view Friday-Sunday as a time of rest, should we do the same? Except for the names that we have given them, does one day differ from another? They all last 24 hours. G-Diesel once wrote that when everyone turns right, you turn left. I think he was onto something.

...Strength and Honor...

Rexor91
01-25-08, 3:00 pm
You can have a great social life without ever stepping foot inside club(I never have, and dont plan on going to one, for several reasons).

Your post is very close minded in that you assume since peaple find it "Funny" that an individual would go to the gym for the sole purpose of "pumping up" to go to a club, they are saying you cannot have a social life.

True dat, I agree.... I do goto the club every now and then, MAYBE once a month if I'm NOT in season to compete... but tons of other shit to do without choking on everyone elses smoke all night. I'm a people watcher though, I like to laugh at people acting like retards drunk of their asses lol. But what's going with goin' to the club jacked to take all the honeys from the scrubs. Wait... nothing's wrong with that lol

kent20
05-23-08, 11:11 pm
I love Friday nights because its leg night. I love going in and hammering out leg extensions, smith machine squats, leg press and lying leg curls. I love the pain, sweat, pump and not being able to walk up stairs afterward. I love fact that instead of going out, drinking and doing drugs, i'm in the gym punishing my body and then staying home and eating like there's no tomorrow. I love pushing myself beyond the limits and accomplishing something. I wanna separate myself from all the meaningless bullshit that is fun for a night, but leaves you empty the next day. I wanna be a bodybuilder. I wanna be an animal.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-23-08, 11:17 pm
great stuff man..

kent20
05-23-08, 11:20 pm
great stuff man..

thanks a lot bro. if anyone has a reason they love friday, or any day for that matter, feel free to post.

nmk
05-23-08, 11:28 pm
no free weight squats. i think they are over all better. but i love friday nights too. cardio night. jog for a half hour to a school, go to the outside bball court and do suicides and just kill myself. wake up next morning ready to do it again. fuck i love everyday that i do something that pushes my mind and body. greatest feeling in the world when you beat your old record and continue to improve. and everyday you see something different on your body whether it be a new incision(sp) or another vein,(yes on a cut) just geting ready for ffootball and get into competition shape just to prove i can do it.

kent20
05-23-08, 11:35 pm
no free weight squats. i think they are over all better. but i love friday nights too. cardio night. jog for a half hour to a school, go to the outside bball court and do suicides and just kill myself. wake up next morning ready to do it again. fuck i love everyday that i do something that pushes my mind and body. greatest feeling in the world when you beat your old record and continue to improve. and everyday you see something different on your body whether it be a new incision(sp) or another vein,(yes on a cut) just geting ready for ffootball and get into competition shape just to prove i can do it.

Yeah free weight squats are better, but i have a nagging hamstring injury and when i free weight squat i usually hurt it. I can use a good amount of weight with the smith and i've had good results. But, i would def. recommend free weights above anything.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-23-08, 11:53 pm
i love monday cause its my leg day.... and the brutal punishment is better than any alcohol or drug ive done.... its just me, the rack and a ton of weight (metaphorically of course).. sweet solitude..

Thetasteofink69
05-24-08, 12:37 am
Ironically, today was leg day for me also.. Which was odd because it's normally on Sunday or Monday.. I actually like it though.. I just love working out on Fridays.. There's hardly anyone there which is nice..

BrotherInArms
05-24-08, 3:35 pm
You won't find me on a Friday night on a buddy's lawn, passed out, Solo cup in hand.

I'm in my room, plotting, eating.
I'm in my room recovering from my Friday high-noon squats.

No time for complacency.

I will not consider Friday a WEAKend.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-24-08, 4:22 pm
You won't find me on a Friday night on a buddy's lawn, passed out, Solo cup in hand.

I'm in my room, plotting, eating.
I'm in my room recovering from my Friday high-noon squats.

No time for complacency.

I will not consider Friday a WEAKend.

LOL it was a backyard patio for me once...

weakend.. nice!

maxrep
05-24-08, 4:32 pm

Just winding down.
Nawaaz

Well said!

Keeps us true to ourself, discipline, and slave to the iron.

mikejones1
05-24-08, 11:39 pm
man sometimes i just dont feel like going out at night...
but i sure am ready for that a.m session of cardio....
man im fucking weird, and a loser.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-25-08, 1:12 am

nonsense, its called dedication, sacrifice, self control.. what ever you want to call it you have a ton of it... while my buddies where doing some illegal substances and passing out i was doin some cardio cause i got bored.... now which to you think is better??

BrotherInArms
05-25-08, 1:21 am

I know just what you mean.

To me, it seems like less work to put on sweats and go train than to put on jeans and nice button-down and go out.

The following morning's hangover really made it a clean break for me with the excessive alcohol.

Universal Rep
08-08-08, 4:34 pm
Old thread. Bumpin' for the Friday crowd. Pretty crazy day today.

spyderman4g63
08-08-08, 6:20 pm
Working 6pm-6am. I made it to the gym before, so it's all good now.

callme47
08-08-08, 6:35 pm
Nothing better than squating on fridays and eating at night.

mcbeast
08-08-08, 6:58 pm

x2! Lol

I have work at 4am.Off to bed at 8 or so must be up at 3

shizz702
08-08-08, 8:13 pm
x2! Lol

I have work at 4am.Off to bed at 8 or so must be up at 3

Lol I have to be to work at 5 AM so I know how you feel. I'll be in bed at 7 at the latest to ensure I get my 8-9 hours of quality recovery sleep.

Friday nights mean nothing to me. Just another fucking day.

Renji007
08-08-08, 11:00 pm

Good Cardio.

I do that sometimes when I'm cutting. Take a few shakes and rave for a bit.

Roland
08-13-08, 2:26 am

X2

Enforcer
10-24-08, 3:38 pm
Ok fellas it's Friday, wanted to post something funny for the weekened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjM6cWgQnM8

Enjoy

Hollow
10-24-08, 3:41 pm
LMAO...good way to kick off the weekend!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
10-24-08, 3:43 pm
Lol oh man, that was definately a treat. Gotta love Kevin James

Enforcer
10-24-08, 3:46 pm
Another favorite of mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdyMq4wKH-w&feature=related

JUGGERNAUT
10-24-08, 4:07 pm
Little help? You're fat hahahaha!

futurefreak101
10-25-08, 6:53 am

fuck bro i can completely relate to that Whole post. good shit. i kno exactly what u mean.

Wasteland
10-16-09, 1:25 pm
Turning in early tonight. Always hard for me to do on a Friday night, but I'm just flat out tired.

On Letting Go
10-16-09, 2:28 pm
I've got legs today at 4. I know im gonna be wrecked after, so it'll most likely be a night of rest and relaxation.

100jan
10-16-09, 6:59 pm
Had my delts and calves training around 6pm. Now recovering, while everybody at my age is getting drunk and eat some junk food on the way home from disco.

Little Z
10-16-09, 11:41 pm
Friday nights are a blur now.. well every night is..

Same thing, each night..

Tonight at the gym one of the MMA guys asks me "What are you getting into this weekend?"
I replied.. "My Bed"..

thats all I do.. around here (which I am sure its like this for most) no one seems to be able to comprehend that this is my choice
not to go out and get hammered, along with other personal reasons.. i love how one of the latest magazines on the market has a little
article on what to take to cure a hangover.. i mean.. seriously?.. i guess its for the yo-yo lifters.. some day they will realize the changes
they need to make.. but it will be too late.

GJN5002
10-17-09, 10:39 am
I respect the dedication, but doesnt self control come into play? You dont have to stay home and be pissed everyone else is getting drunk. I completely understand when people say they trained , had a long day and are beat, but it seems like some people feel slighted that they are home and others out of partying. I went out with some friends last night, had a chicken salad, two beers, came home around 11 and went to bed. I had fun, socialized and made it home to sleep 7 hours before going to work.

I'm not trying to flame anyone, I just think that if being home on friday makes you miserable find ways around it. I hardly think two beers hurt me, but I know for some it all or nothing.

prowrestler
10-17-09, 11:33 am
I respect the dedication, but doesnt self control come into play? You dont have to stay home and be pissed everyone else is getting drunk. I completely understand when people say they trained , had a long day and are beat, but it seems like some people feel slighted that they are home and others out of partying. I went out with some friends last night, had a chicken salad, two beers, came home around 11 and went to bed. I had fun, socialized and made it home to sleep 7 hours before going to work.

I'm not trying to flame anyone, I just think that if being home on friday makes you miserable find ways around it. I hardly think two beers hurt me, but I know for some it all or nothing.

agreed, you can always find time to hang with friends. fuckin pack food and your set or hell, eat right before and bring a gainer shake with you in a coke bottle. eat when you come back.

me personly, i am straight edge so i dont even give a shit if people drink or not, cause its simply not part of my life.

ironbound
10-18-09, 3:21 pm
For me, Friday nights used to be bruuuutal. It was either sitting alone at home eating after the gym wishing I had someone to talk to, or going out with people who are nothing like me and watching them get drunk while I drank waters and ate as clean as possible.

Recently though, I found an amazing girl who thinks what I do is awesome. On Friday nights, she'll come to the gym with me and do some cardio while I lift, and then we'll go home and I'll cook up a steak and watch a movie with her. This is a girl who's VEGETARIAN and lets me keep chicken and steak and fish in her fridge!!! Yep, I think I found myself a keeper...