PDA

View Full Version : Need help / advice

be4st
11-30-08, 6:41 pm
Basically, I'm a high school student. I wrestled my freshman and sophmore year and stopped my junior year because I fell in love with bodybuilding and decided to dedicate all my time for it. Junior Year passes, I'm a senior now. During that time span, I've competed in a bodybuilding competition, placed first in the teen category, 2nd overall. I've competed in a powerlifting competition and placed first in my category as well. I have always been a bodybuilder, I only did the powerlifting competition because I happen to be very strong as well so I knew I could do well. My problem is that I'm being faced with the pressure to wrestle again. I can't say that the desire isn't there. Afterall it's my senior year and I got one last chance to wrestle. Basically, I want to do both, bodybuilding and wrestle, but I know that's not possible. I'm not one to go 50% on 2 things, I choose one and go all out.
I'm a little upset because I know I would not have been facing this problem a year ago when I was so passionate about bodybuilding.
I want to wrestle, but I don't want to lose the gains that I worked hard for. I also know that after high school, I will never wrestle, but I will continue to bodybuild (my goal is to compete in the Nationals). Hm.. I just wanted to ask you fellow animals because I know y'all are as dedicated to this sport as I am.
Well, that's the situation I'm in right now.
I know ultimately it's a decision only I can make, but any advice / help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks, brothers.

big bear
11-30-08, 6:47 pm
i say go with bodybuilding cuz it sounds like you have bigger goals in that compared to wrestling. keep up the work and intensity with bodybuilding that way you'll just get bigger and stronger and you'll crush the competition in your next contest

thsbiglifter
11-30-08, 7:21 pm
Its a matter of love. You love bodybuilding more it seems because if you liked wrestling more you would have went all out on that. thats my reasoning ether way i support you brother!

be4st
11-30-08, 7:25 pm
Thanks guys.

MVP
11-30-08, 7:30 pm
Basically, I'm a high school student. I wrestled my freshman and sophmore year and stopped my junior year because I fell in love with bodybuilding and decided to dedicate all my time for it. Junior Year passes, I'm a senior now. During that time span, I've competed in a bodybuilding competition, placed first in the teen category, 2nd overall. I've competed in a powerlifting competition and placed first in my category as well. I have always been a bodybuilder, I only did the powerlifting competition because I happen to be very strong as well so I knew I could do well. My problem is that I'm being faced with the pressure to wrestle again. I can't say that the desire isn't there. Afterall it's my senior year and I got one last chance to wrestle. Basically, I want to do both, bodybuilding and wrestle, but I know that's not possible. I'm not one to go 50% on 2 things, I choose one and go all out.
I'm a little upset because I know I would not have been facing this problem a year ago when I was so passionate about bodybuilding.
I want to wrestle, but I don't want to lose the gains that I worked hard for. I also know that after high school, I will never wrestle, but I will continue to bodybuild (my goal is to compete in the Nationals). Hm.. I just wanted to ask you fellow animals because I know y'all are as dedicated to this sport as I am.
Well, that's the situation I'm in right now.
I know ultimately it's a decision only I can make, but any advice / help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks, brothers.

That's a lot to achieve whilst in high school.

I don't see how football players love football so much, if my offseason was spent in the weight room I would probably quit football after two or three seasons and take the money.

be4st
11-30-08, 8:02 pm
That's a lot to achieve whilst in high school.

I don't see how football players love football so much, if my offseason was spent in the weight room I would probably quit football after two or three seasons and take the money.

Don't quite understand..?

stumblin54
11-30-08, 8:07 pm
If you think you'll regret quitting wrestling then don't do it. Bodybuilding will always be there for you, and you'll still have your youth when you're out of high school so don't worry about that. You only get one chance in high school sports...

Stumblin

Big Wides
11-30-08, 8:15 pm
You can always bodybuild, but like you said its your last chance to wrestle.....I'd wrestle

rayzer27
11-30-08, 8:18 pm
If you think you'll regret quitting wrestling then don't do it. Bodybuilding will always be there for you, and you'll still have your youth when you're out of high school so don't worry about that. You only get one chance in high school sports...

Stumblin

yeah i quit football my senior and for me now i wish i could go back and play again..if you're already going to regret wrestling then stay with it for one more season..still continue to train hard..like stumblin said bodybuilding will always be there for you..your senior year won't be. Good luck with what ever u decide bro.

be4st
11-30-08, 8:55 pm
once again, thanks for all the advice guys.

Aggression
12-01-08, 12:35 pm
I agree with the last few posts. Wrestle one more year. Since I left high school, all I've done was bodybuild, and I love it. But I would do anything to re-live my senior year basketball season. It was one of the best times of my life. Bodybuilding will always be there man. Wrestle one last year bro.

MVP
12-02-08, 4:12 am
Don't quite understand..?

Football players train for strength, power, and hypertrophy during the offseason. I don't see how while dedicating themselves to training during the majority of the year they don't quit football and head to bodybuilding...

FireFighter85
12-02-08, 11:54 pm
yeah bro... you got one year to wrestle for your last time, you graduate and you got how many years to work towards your bodybuilding goals? Id say wrestle and then put all your effort towards bodybuilding. In the end though, YOU have to make the decision, and YOU have to live with it. Dont make one decision because of what any of us on here say, consider all of our advice but in the end its only gonna change your life, not any of ours. Do what you wanna do bro, we'll all be here either way.

prowrestler
12-03-08, 12:17 am
wrestle

plain and simple. you'll regret it soon man if you dont.

keep training though, maybe more strength orientated though now. you'll maintain and probably gain more muscle even.

you can do both dude, trust me