PDA

View Full Version : Need a new body ASAP

Italian3982
12-01-08, 11:50 am
So to quickly sum it up I am new here. I have been struggling with weight all my life and I am almost 27 and never lived like i was 21. That crap needs to change now. I am planning on using a cutting diet from Dave Palombo, and training i am gonna need help on. I am in the entertainment business and was told i need to get hollywood jacked...any suggestions...i am a closet case gym buff and need to bust out the body to match. Looking forward to meeting some cool people...im 26 in long island. Thanks people.

InkdMuscle
12-01-08, 11:55 am
Post your work out so we can see what u are doing and offer advice. Also diet is gonna be key in this one. so post ur diet as well. and then we can all go from there.

GJN5002
12-01-08, 11:56 am
So to quickly sum it up I am new here. I have been struggling with weight all my life and I am almost 27 and never lived like i was 21. That crap needs to change now. I am planning on using a cutting diet from Dave Palombo, and training i am gonna need help on. I am in the entertainment business and was told i need to get hollywood jacked...any suggestions...i am a closet case gym buff and need to bust out the body to match. Looking forward to meeting some cool people...im 26 in long island. Thanks people.

what is a closet case gym buff?
Maybe you could clarify your post. Youre training now or not? If yes, how long how frequent, ho wbig are you etc.

Aggression
12-01-08, 11:57 am
Yeah bro, we'd gladly lend a hand and help but you need to help us. Give us your stats, your diet, your training routine/method.

Italian3982
12-01-08, 12:05 pm
Ok heres the diet i am going on...basically a keto to shed the fat which is the big issue.

meal 1 6 whole eggs
meal 2 8oz chickne 1/4 cup almonds
meal 3 50 gram protein shake with 2 tbs natural peanut butter
meal 4 80z of fatty protein, an oil (macadamia nut is suggested) and asparagus (green veg)
meal 5 50 gram protein shake with 2 tbs natural peanut butter
meal 6 6 whole eggs

Training...total body 3x a week low weight high reps is what i am told.

Stats 26, 5'11 280, 42 waist...built like a football lineman.

I did this for a week before thanksgiving and i couldnt stand all the eggs...i was gettin sick just lookin at em. I dont wanna gain size i just wanna lean out and have definition. I said closet case gym buff meaning i love everything about lifting and the lifestyle but don't look it

GJN5002
12-01-08, 12:11 pm
Ok heres the diet i am going on...basically a keto to shed the fat which is the big issue.

meal 1 6 whole eggs
meal 4 80z of fatty protein, an oil (macadamia nut is suggested) and asparagus (green veg)
meal 6 6 whole eggs

I did this for a week before thanksgiving and i couldnt stand all the eggs...i was gettin sick just lookin at em. I dont wanna gain size i just wanna lean out and have definition. I said closet case gym buff meaning i love everything about lifting and the lifestyle but don't look it

Diet looks pretty good, I dont have time to run the numbers now but at first glance it looks ok.
I think total body 3x a week is no good. Either do an upper lower split or push/pull split. Full body is too much in my opinion and you will lack focus when trying to hit every muscle.

i dont see any cardio in your plan...thats very important

maybe try eating hard boiled eggs i can tolerate them better
when i do keto i will sometimes make egg salad and eat it breadless, some people will say no mayo but i use it on keto especially now that they have mayo made with olive oil. sometimes i make deviled eggs too (mayo, mustard cayenne pepper).

Italian3982
12-01-08, 12:17 pm
cardio i try to do 20 min intervals on training days and longer on non training days. my main problem is working 13 hr days, 2 jobs, a working actor...etc. I am lucky i get cardio in. I get slapped with stress like a whore in church and lose motivation easily...when i saw this forum thanks to a buddy i was like...damn finally people who know what its like to be there and want this life...

Aggression
12-01-08, 1:06 pm
cardio i try to do 20 min intervals on training days and longer on non training days. my main problem is working 13 hr days, 2 jobs, a working actor...etc. I am lucky i get cardio in. I get slapped with stress like a whore in church and lose motivation easily...when i saw this forum thanks to a buddy i was like...damn finally people who know what its like to be there and want this life...

Its tough man. You have to just buckle down and get it done. That might mean hitting the gym at 11pm when every1 else is going out for drinks. It all comes down to how bad you want it. Cardio is a must though. We're here to help brotha.

Italian3982
12-01-08, 1:23 pm
Its tough man. You have to just buckle down and get it done. That might mean hitting the gym at 11pm when every1 else is going out for drinks. It all comes down to how bad you want it. Cardio is a must though. We're here to help brotha.

yeah man..what kind of cardio do you suggest...interval training on lifting days and longer steady pace on off days? I got no problem doing cardio...im thinking of splitting it up 30 min in morning 30 at night

AFTazz06
12-01-08, 1:29 pm

meal 1 6 whole eggs
meal 6 6 whole eggs

OK this looks like the Keto diet, which is perfect for loosing weight, ive been on it for about 5 1/2 months and ive lost just over 25lbs. Only thing i would change is the fact that you have 2 shakes and 4 actual food meals, i would switch it up to where you have a shake 3 times and 3 whole food meals. so it should go as follows, food, shake, food, shake, food, shake. This will kick away that last egg meal since you said you are getting sick of them. And also that way you dont have to worry about cooking alot during the day, this works perfect for me since i'm on the run all the time in between classes. Also bump up the almonds to 1/2 a cup, they are good fats and clean carbs your body needs, they wont make you fat unless you eat an insane amount of them. For the fatty protein meal, i recommend salmon, its loaded in Omegas and fills you up nicely, i eat it with 2 cups of green salad. Just keep it simple and the results will start coming in. As for cardio, do 45mins atleast 3-4 times a week, no less because then your body wont burn fat, keep it at a slow pace, i like to keep it between speeds of 3.0-3.4. heart rate should be between 120-125, basically if your sweating heavily your doing way to much, you should be able to carry on a conversation without loosing your breath.

Italian3982
12-01-08, 1:42 pm
OK this looks like the Keto diet, which is perfect for loosing weight, ive been on it for about 5 1/2 months and ive lost just over 25lbs. Only thing i would change is the fact that you have 2 shakes and 4 actual food meals, i would switch it up to where you have a shake 3 times and 3 whole food meals. so it should go as follows, food, shake, food, shake, food, shake. This will kick away that last egg meal since you said you are getting sick of them. And also that way you dont have to worry about cooking alot during the day, this works perfect for me since i'm on the run all the time in between classes. Also bump up the almonds to 1/2 a cup, they are good fats and clean carbs your body needs, they wont make you fat unless you eat an insane amount of them. For the fatty protein meal, i recommend salmon, its loaded in Omegas and fills you up nicely, i eat it with 2 cups of green salad. Just keep it simple and the results will start coming in. As for cardio, do 45mins atleast 3-4 times a week, no less because then your body wont burn fat, keep it at a slow pace, i like to keep it between speeds of 3.0-3.4. heart rate should be between 120-125, basically if your sweating heavily your doing way to much, you should be able to carry on a conversation without loosing your breath.

see ive heard different. I heard to lose weight and spare muscle mass interval training is the way to go because it burns more calories in less time. i have never heard the not to sweat during cardio thing. Most of the dudes that walk on an incline for 45 mins and dont sweat are on GH lol

Aggression
12-01-08, 2:07 pm
see ive heard different. I heard to lose weight and spare muscle mass interval training is the way to go because it burns more calories in less time. i have never heard the not to sweat during cardio thing. Most of the dudes that walk on an incline for 45 mins and dont sweat are on GH lol

AFTazz is right bro. You don't want to burn an excessive amount of calories, rather you want to target fat burning. Like he said, do low intensity cardio for at least 30min. I used to hit the treadmill at 3.3 speed on 3.0 incline. My heart rate would sit between 115-125. Do the 'talk test'. You get out of breath while trying to talk? Slow it down. Trust us, it may seem like your not doing anything positive, but after a few weeks, you'll see the difference.

Italian3982
12-01-08, 3:33 pm
Thanks dudes...I will trust you guys. Day one so far and feeling that weak/headache thing u get with no carbs/keto diets. I gotta do it tho...I will be 27 in March all my buddies are 18-26..and i wanna feel, look and party like im 21. Gonna use this forum to post progress, to the pros my age and younger. Any suggestions where to do that?

Aggression
12-01-08, 3:41 pm
Thanks dudes...I will trust you guys. Day one so far and feeling that weak/headache thing u get with no carbs/keto diets. I gotta do it tho...I will be 27 in March all my buddies are 18-26..and i wanna feel, look and party like im 21. Gonna use this forum to post progress, to the pros my age and younger. Any suggestions where to do that?

You can post your progress right here bro, or create a 'journey'.

Italian3982
12-02-08, 5:29 pm
Day 2 so far...down 3lbs since Monday Morning...gotta love the first week of a no carb/keto diet. Hoping I can pullt this off till March...Wanna drop 20lbs by the Long Island Animal event on Jan 4th as a short term goal. Thanks for the help so far...never been this motivated for a new body and new lifestyle. Peace

wedge
12-03-08, 1:16 pm
20 pounds in about a month is likely not feasible. As a brother posted above, he's lost 25 lbs, while being on Keto for over five months.

Italian3982
12-03-08, 2:10 pm
20 pounds in about a month is likely not feasible. As a brother posted above, he's lost 25 lbs, while being on Keto for over five months.

i was researching that also. Aside from my own knowledge of the times before i start keto my first week is usually 10-15lbs..most of it adhering to water weight. Then the weight loss slows down to about 5lbs then after that to the normal 2-3 per week. THe cardio is where I am differing. Have ALOT of fat to loss so cardio efforts need to be in intervals on training days and the steady pace longer session on off days.

I am not in the "muscled but needs to lose weight" category. I am in the shed tons of fat and get lean muscle category. I am a little different then most on here. I do see what the brother above posted but bodytypes are different. This is why i posted here cause the bodybuilding and fat loss routines differ so much I wanted to hear other opinions.