PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated and Tired

CorpPunishment
12-02-08, 11:10 am
Okay... I don't give up easily but I'm reaching the end of my rope.

I'm workin' hard, hittin' it hard and I'm not seeing the results I want. Am I just genetically doomed?

My diet is good, and I lift hard.... I don't take supps because when I did, I was even more dissapointed due to the lack of results from them. (hate to say it but that includes AnimalPak)

Any ideas bro's? I want to stay natural... you see where I'm going here.

J.Damico
12-02-08, 11:16 am
you should post your daily diet and your workout regiment for the best advice, because if you aren't seeing results its either training or nutrition related. you aren't genetically inclined to "not grow" but you might need to shock your body out of maintaining weight.

IRBS
12-02-08, 11:21 am

I'm workin' hard, hittin' it hard and I'm not seeing the results I want. Am I just genetically doomed?

My diet is good, and I lift hard.... I don't take supps because when I did, I was even more dissapointed due to the lack of results from them. (hate to say it but that includes AnimalPak)

Get over yourself. This is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes time. How long have you been training? Because I have been lifting for a decade and still am not "satisfied." Dont know that I ever will be. Man up and stop bitching...Youre 38 years old, you should know that nothing good happens over night.

I will leave you with a quote:

"Genetics is the weak man's excuse for why he sucks at life, dont be that guy." - Matt Rhodes

Aggression
12-02-08, 11:25 am

Give us your stats, such as height, weight, years of training

Also post up your diet and training routine. I guarantee one of us will figure out where your mistake is and we'll help you correct it.

IRN-NML
12-02-08, 11:44 am
Give yourself some rest; or when was the last time you took a week or two off?

Don't beat yourself up, but are you trying to gain size, strength, definition, gain or lose?

You may need to cull some exercises for each bodypart, ease up and go with the 8-10 rep scheme for a bit vs low or allout failure reps. Think in terms of training smart and hard and feeling successful and satisfied when you leave the gym. If your body's discourgaged, your mind will also be discouraged.

Nothing wrong with sticking with FOOD if you haven't been able to credit supps with anything in the past.

I'm betting 'rest' or lack of, is the culprit & rest = more than just zzzzzzzz's.

You'll be back!

CorpPunishment
12-02-08, 11:48 am
In response to the Watchman post, I know that it takes time. I've been lifting hard (under my definition) for over 5 years.

Thanks for the post and for the kick in the ass. I'm not looking for ultimiate satisfaciton because as you said, you'll never be there... none of us will.

Thanks again. Sometimes it's what we need..

Stay up.

IRN-NML
12-02-08, 11:55 am
Just will add; rest, reassess (your training) and have, in mind at least, a goal/opportunity to be "A Freak Before Fifty". That's one way you can look at, attack it.

CorpPunishment
12-02-08, 12:53 pm
Thanks to everyone. I agree with the rest. I can assure you that between work, kids, gym and trying to still have a life... rest is at a minimum.

I'm going to put it into my routine though.. and I'm going to try switching up my lifts. I think I might be bored with them... I'll look around for some new routines.

As for a freak before 50... HOLY SHIT!! 50??? I can't even say the 40 number never mind the 50!

Seriously though... thanks guys.

Cellerator65
12-02-08, 2:29 pm
maybe you have low test levels... might want to try stak

simpleguy
12-02-08, 2:40 pm
I don't mean to sound like a 16 year old praising a MT product... I've done my research on most supps, diet and training

I'm gonna be honest when I say this, but I'm gonna begin with the obvious... diet is the first step... then a solid training routine and rest are important as well

however, just because supps come only after these, doesn't mean (as we often hear) that supps will mean just the icing on the cake, or 10% or whatever else I heard...

I'm not saying all the supps work... actually most of them are just a waste of money... but first you gotta realise they won't do anything magic... however they can play a key role in faster recovery, optimizing hormone levels and ultimately faster muscle growth

to all those who disagree that supps can play a big role, you can experiment something like this...

use absolutely no supps for 3 months, but stick to a solid diet and training regimen

then for the next 3 months stick to a solid diet and training regimen, only this time if you got the budget you're gonna run a pretty big stack, since we're on this board I'll say something like pak, flex, omega, pump, nitro, test, stak, m-stak, storm, intra-aid, torrent, real gains, ultra iso whey

compare the results and then come and tell me how supps don't work

ironshaolin
12-02-08, 2:45 pm
you still haven't posted what your diet/training looks like. We need to see these before any real advice on how to move forward can be given. Do you have a plan for progress? You must have a road map of how you will get stronger, when you will increase calories, etc.

V Man
12-02-08, 3:55 pm
I started lifting when I was 15 - and only now (10 years of solid training later) am I begining to get anywhere......

Universal Rep
12-02-08, 4:30 pm

I'm gonna guess.... Your diet isn't as good as you think. I'm assuming by results you mean lean mass, size, weight, etc. If you're not seeing results, it's your diet. Also, as others said, this sport--it's a marathon, not a sprint. It's not about "eating to live"... It goes way past that. You get big with the fork, plain and simple.

prowrestler
12-02-08, 4:56 pm

height

weight

in detail tell me what you ate yesterday and at what time

workout split

answere these and ill make you grow!