PDA

View Full Version : Cutting

daninarmy
12-02-08, 7:36 pm
Ok here it is .... In Feb I want to start to cut up and if I am right its all about the diet. I currently doing a 5x5 can i keep doing that work out or to I have to change it. I hear its about the diet not the reps. Thanks for the help.

Pizzalamp
12-02-08, 10:58 pm
Ok here it is .... In Feb I want to start to cut up and if I am right its all about the diet. I currently doing a 5x5 can i keep doing that work out or to I have to change it. I hear its about the diet not the reps. Thanks for the help.

keep training heavy and hard my friend...let the weights build the muscle and the cardio/diet burn the fat

sanga
12-03-08, 2:40 am
Agreed, don`t do anything drastic with your diet, see what weight you are at the time and if you are maintaining then its just a matter of dropping some calories to get cut, these I`d drop from carbs.

Add cardio at 3 times a week at first then up it slowly over a period of weeks as the fat loss stops and take your time, this way you keep your mass and get cut at the same time.

Aggression
12-03-08, 10:52 am
keep training heavy and hard my friend...let the weights build the muscle and the cardio/diet burn the fat

Agreed, don`t do anything drastic with your diet, see what weight you are at the time and if you are maintaining then its just a matter of dropping some calories to get cut, these I`d drop from carbs.

Add cardio at 3 times a week at first then up it slowly over a period of weeks as the fat loss stops and take your time, this way you keep your mass and get cut at the same time.

Bingo. Both are right. Keep training hard. When cutting, its your diet and cardio that will make the fat melt away, not the training. Keep it heavy and intense.

daninarmy
12-04-08, 11:46 pm
So I should cut my carbs and add cardio sounds easy but I know it will be hard. Do I want to add more protien or just keep it about 1.5g per lbs?

Ir0nClad
12-04-08, 11:55 pm
You should limit your carb intake, but do not eliminate altogether. You still need complex carbs and fuel in your system, protein doesn't do the job all by itself. You also need to make sure you get your good fats, which should be about 20% of your overall diet, such as flax seed oil, virgin olive oil, omega 3's. Good fat helps lubricate the joints and creates more testosterone.

Aggression
12-05-08, 10:19 am
You should limit your carb intake, but do not eliminate altogether. You still need complex carbs and fuel in your system, protein doesn't do the job all by itself. You also need to make sure you get your good fats, which should be about 20% of your overall diet, such as flax seed oil, virgin olive oil, omega 3's. Good fat helps lubricate the joints and creates more testosterone.

Bingo. You can up the protein to compensate for the drop in carbs, but you can also get your fill on healthy fats. And don't completely rid your body of carbs. Taper off the carbs slowly, otherwise you'll drop too much weight too fast, and lose muscle. Take it from me, it happened to me.