PDA

View Full Version : My Before and After Pics

Carpe Diem P.T
12-03-08, 6:01 am
my cut. Well im no beast but i got to a place where i felt 'dirty' big. I felt big but fat in all the wrong places. so i decided to cut down for 12 weeks then rebuild, focusing more on a clean diet and hitting problem areas like abs and traps.

I went the way of the 'OX' in a lot of senses. I worked on increasing my fats and decreasing carbs. It took a shit load of research thats for sure.

Here is my before cut pic - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/bradlove/DSCF1732.jpg?t=1228192872 (pics were taken by my 6 yr old boy)

my 2 after cut pics - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...g?t=1228181118
and no 2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...g?t=1228181146

I'm pretty pleased with myself. I know what to do now and how to rebuild without going over board. I've done the over bulk, the over cut and now Im back to being just a bit in front of where i started from, armed with a shit load of knowledge and experience.

People at my gym are pretty amazed I got to where I am so fast But im a personal trainer so my thoughts are If i couldnt do it myself, how could I expect others to believe I could help them.

Its the discipline i have a love hate relationship with. Being able to say no to the instant pleasures to attain the long term ones. To feel in my heart that I am strong enough to drive to mcdonalds, pick up meals for my wife and kids (every once in a while) and get nothing for myself. To cruise the fridge before bed and not have those yummies that call my name post dinner.

I dont know everything but dammit this board and its members are getting me there!

Carpe Diem P.T
12-03-08, 6:08 am
incase they didnt work -
Before the Cut - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/bradlove/DSCF1732.jpg

cut pic 1. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/bradlove/arm.jpg

cut pic 2. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/bradlove/Photo0142.jpg

On Letting Go
12-03-08, 7:21 am
Good work man. Lookin solid in those after pics.

OnLettingGo

sodapop
12-03-08, 7:36 am
Nice, man. You look real good in the after pics!

Carpe Diem P.T
12-03-08, 4:37 pm
thanks guys. lots of work to go now though. its only early days.

shizz702
12-03-08, 4:44 pm
Looking good bro! The cut has definitely paid off, abs are visible and very nice peak in your bicep there!

So what's next? You gonna go for a clean bulk now?

Congrats on the cut bro, glad to see it all worked out for you.

Carpe Diem P.T
12-03-08, 4:54 pm
a gradual 70 yr clean bulk now. Now that cardio is a regular part of my life (I have to run spin classes at the gym) I can start introducing more quality calories and not worry about excess carbs turning to fat.

To be honest I havent worked abs in about 5 years. I only ever do core work so its time to get in to abs and make those fuckers big. I believe they have good potential. I struggle to get that roundness in my shoulders. I hit them from all angles, I lift heavy, I do drop sets, negatives, you name it I try it. Im hoping as I cut more they will become more visible.

shizz702
12-03-08, 4:57 pm
Bro you want to develop the shoulders than there is no better way than to hit up them strict standing presses! Give those a try, and lift with high intensity on them, and I guarantee your shoulder problems will be over.

NumeroUno
12-03-08, 5:22 pm
Kickass Carpe, big difference in cut. Keep it up!

Giant Killer
12-03-08, 5:27 pm
Great job man lookin' good.

B Con
12-03-08, 5:31 pm
Great work Carpe. Impressive work and always feels good to see hard work pay off. Nicely done.

rayzer27
12-03-08, 5:38 pm
wow man nice fucking job! congrats glad to see you mad VERY good progress, also glad to see you stayed with it mentally i know that's one of the hardest things to do on a cut. Keep up the good work!

Pizzalamp
12-03-08, 8:27 pm
nice job brad...u can def see your abs and u look very lean

Carpe Diem P.T
12-03-08, 9:02 pm
Bro you want to develop the shoulders than there is no better way than to hit up them strict standing presses! Give those a try, and lift with high intensity on them, and I guarantee your shoulder problems will be over.

I just did shoulders, and I went straight in to standing presses. (after a good warm up)

Brutal for sure. Not sure wether to do them behind the neck or in front.

Kickass Carpe, big difference in cut. Keep it up!

thanks NumeroUno :)

Great job man lookin' good.

thanks big guy. I believe i stole a chicken recipe off you. i saw a vid you had of you putting the chicken with the taco paste.

Great work Carpe. Impressive work and always feels good to see hard work pay off. Nicely done.

u bet it does. its a long road.

wow man nice fucking job! congrats glad to see you mad VERY good progress, also glad to see you stayed with it mentally i know that's one of the hardest things to do on a cut. Keep up the good work!

thanks rayzer! u are right about it being mental. Its when you know you cant have certain foods that you REALLY seem to want them!

nice job brad...u can def see your abs and u look very lean

Thanks P.L - just gotta hit them abs hard now.

Thanks again for your kind words guys. It really does bring a smile to my face. I have been working so hard. I hate cardio so to get that going was hard initially but when you get a routine set and start seeing results, it all becomes easier.

I kind of miss filling out the sleeves in my shirts, but now i have that cool V shape when i wear singlets so im happy with that.

My wife (fiance', same thing) actually had a look in my pics folder last night and goes 'I didnt realise you have abs, when did you get them?' - lol. Its pretty rare that im shirtless around her so it was a bit of a surprise.

On one hand i feel like a bit of a self obsessed knob talking about it all, but on the other hand I know that you guys understand the work that goes in to it. You get these fellas that spend hours a day working on their cars and no one says a thing when they put them in car shows. You spend an hour a day on your body and people are on to ya when you mention anything about it.

Drives me nuts a bit. but oh well. as tiny and a few others said its all part of the package that is the iron game.

shizz702
12-03-08, 9:37 pm
I just did shoulders, and I went straight in to standing presses. (after a good warm up)

Brutal for sure. Not sure wether to do them behind the neck or in front.

I like doing them from the front. Though a lot of people get away with doing them behind the neck, I've heard of a lot of people getting injured from doing them that way as well. Stick with them bro, they will pay off.

Feel The Power
12-03-08, 9:55 pm
awesome job!!! how much total weight did you loose?? you have great defination!!

Arbalest
12-03-08, 10:01 pm
Looking good bro!

I definitely agree with you being a PT and being in shape. It just doesn't make sense to me all the out of shape PT's out there...

Glad to see you put your $$ where your mouth is... So to speak!

Awesome.

Carpe Diem P.T
12-03-08, 10:12 pm
awesome job!!! how much total weight did you loose?? you have great defination!!

Thanks FTP. Im doing ok bro, tons of work to go!

Well I was 90kg (198lb) and it took a shit load of effort to get to that. Now I am 77kg (169lb). Its nice to be able to walk around without holding my gut in :)

Looking good bro!

I definitely agree with you being a PT and being in shape. It just doesn't make sense to me all the out of shape PT's out there...

Glad to see you put your $$ where your mouth is... So to speak!

Awesome.

Oh mate i remember when i had to do my initial bazillion hours work experience. The guy I followed around was an old football player that had done his knee in. Everytime i was there he had a nap while waiting for clients, every day he would send me over to get him 2 pies for lunch and I never saw him exercise. he had more chins than a chinese phone book.

This one time when he was taking a guy through his program, he had to run off to the toilet to vomit because he was so hungover.

In the past 8 weeks I have picked up a ton of clients at the gym which i think is due to them watching my transformation first hand. They saw me in their sweating it out like the rest of them, they saw me sitting out the back eating my tuna and steamed vegies, day in, day out.
----

Carpe Diem P.T
01-06-09, 7:50 am
Just an UpDate. I have a new pic to add as Im another month in to my clean bulk.

Pretty Pleased with this one. As i said in my journey, I am 77kg but I dont think im a skinny bitch 77kg.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1943/215/69/691572712/n691572712_1357710_413.jpg

shizz702
01-06-09, 8:42 am
Damn looking very good bro, looks like you are still very lean too judging by that nice vein you have running across your shoulder and bicep.

r-ace-f
01-06-09, 1:19 pm
you look great after the cut man!!

Carpe Diem P.T
01-06-09, 2:20 pm
you look great after the cut man!!

Thanks bro. its all a work in progress.

thanks shizz. thats the first vein i have seen like that on me. pretty exciting.

Here's the newest pic i posted on the last page: http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1943/215/69/691572712/n691572712_1357710_413.jpg

Alta0331
01-06-09, 3:02 pm
That's some good shit man.. Keep it up