PDA

View Full Version : Apples to apples ?

Rewind
12-03-08, 6:21 am
alright so im on my diet an when i get a craving for say sweet shit ill stuff an apple down my throat or a bananna or something.....well now the hippy store i buy my fruits an veggies from does this thing where they have all their produce with the nutritional info on each piece......heres my problem if im on a diet and tryin to cut out as much sugars an shit out as possible then i see that the damn apple i just ate had 22g of sugars WTF am i supposed to think? granted im sure a candy bars sugar and the sugar in an apple are differant but are they still "bad"?

~Rewind

Carpe Diem P.T
12-03-08, 6:26 am
i feel ya. every direction you go theres something you thought was good, thats apparently working against you.

my knowledge re sugars is limited so im just going to sit back and let someone else field this one. keen to read some good info.

J Wong
12-03-08, 6:53 am
Fruit won't make you fat.

Rewind
12-03-08, 7:44 am
im asking if the sugars in say a candy bar and an apple are the same really. i was under the impression a diet should have lots of fruts and veggies in it (and that sugars that dont get used convert to fat) therefore should i be cutting out the fruit and replaceing with more veggies? cuz as it stands right now im eating a good 7-8 pieces of fruit a day and an equal amount of veggies as well though.

~Rewind

rayzer27
12-03-08, 9:01 am
i would think that apples pre- contest should be eliminated, but if you're just trying to lose weight you should be fine with a serving of fruit with every meal, i usually have an apple in the morning a banana pre and post workout..

also, it's my understanding that sugar from fruits such as apples or oranges are natural sugars..sugar in candy bars are artificial so in terms of getting you fat stick away from the sugars from chocolate and other sweets

peace, ray

J Wong
12-03-08, 9:12 am
thanks for clearing that one up! froots wont make me fat....got it written down!

im asking if the sugars in say a candy bar and an apple are the same really. i was under the impression a diet should have lots of fruts and veggies in it (and that sugars that dont get used convert to fat) therefore should i be cutting out the fruit and replaceing with more veggies? cuz as it stands right now im eating a good 7-8 pieces of fruit a day and an equal amount of veggies as well though.

~Rewind

Not at all man, candy bar sugars are artificial. I'm trying to lose some weight now, and I've been eating more fruit then usual, and results are coming.

Wasteland
12-03-08, 9:39 am
All sugars are not equal. Don't worry about that apple.

Aggression
12-03-08, 10:44 am
To comment on the last few posts, as far as I know, they're right. Candy bar sugars are different than fruit sugars. Artificial v Natural. Fruit is good as long as you're not prepping for a contest.

Rewind
12-03-08, 3:46 pm
thats great news ill keep up on my fruits hah!

~Rewind

GJN5002
12-03-08, 4:08 pm
all things in moderation. Fructose (fruit sugar) will spike your insulin just like sucrose (table sugar) but not to the same extent. Sucrose is a combo of glucose and fructose. But no, dont freak out about your apple, fiber, pectin, vitamins, youre good as long as you dont eat a whole barrel.