PDA

View Full Version : Cholesterol Levels and supps

GJN5002
12-03-08, 4:16 pm
I have a natural disposition to high LDL levels. Moderately high at age 22 and Im now 24. I attributed it to excessive egg intake at first but the more I learn the more I think it is genetic.

My question, does anyones have any insight on guggulsterones and decreased ldl. Guggs have a lot of things bodybuilders can benefit from including thyroid function, but it can have a catabolic effect Ive read.

Also, Ive heard plant sterols can have a positive effect on LDL. Any advice on whether Univeral Plant Sterols could have potential in this category. It seems like it should if it is Phytosterol based.

thanks

DreamZero
12-03-08, 6:16 pm
Medical issue, ask your doctor.. none of us legaly qualified to give medical advice.

GJN5002
12-03-08, 11:57 pm
Its not really a medical issue, just wondering if anyone else has looked into the subject. Theres a lot of people on here that study science and nutrition and arent doctors but have opinions.

DreamZero
12-04-08, 6:09 am
Its not really a medical issue, just wondering if anyone else has looked into the subject. Theres a lot of people on here that study science and nutrition and arent doctors but have opinions.

No offense, but the way guggulsterones can affect your high LDL levels is a medical issue to me. I'm pretty sure your doc could give you some input regarding the effect of plant sterol on that. Check your pm box.