PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

sodapop
12-03-08, 4:24 pm
I tried searching; didn't find what I was looking for.

Is it olive oil that people put it in protein shakes? If not, what kind of oil?

SQUAT or DIE!
12-03-08, 4:26 pm
yes olive oil in shakes... i personally use extra virgin

sodapop
12-03-08, 4:28 pm
yes olive oil in shakes... i personally use extra virgin

Thanks, man.
I'm guessing 1tbsp?

shizz702
12-03-08, 4:28 pm
I tried searching; didn't find what I was looking for.

Is it olive oil that people put it in protein shakes? If not, what kind of oil?

yes sir, you can get a gallon for $25 http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Virgin-Olive-Oil-Gallon/dp/B000MMO8W2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1228339437&sr=8-2

always be sure to get the extra virgin. Olive oil is the best, most convenient, heathy source of extra cals you can add to your diet. You can add 500 calories and not even know you ate any more!

Wasteland
12-03-08, 4:48 pm
You can pretty much add any kind of healthful oil to a protein shake.

sodapop
12-03-08, 4:50 pm
yes sir, you can get a gallon for $25 http://www.amazon.com/Extra-Virgin-Olive-Oil-Gallon/dp/B000MMO8W2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1228339437&sr=8-2

always be sure to get the extra virgin. Olive oil is the best, most convenient, heathy source of extra cals you can add to your diet. You can add 500 calories and not even know you ate any more!

Thanks, man. I was worried it would taste bad, but I just had it in my shake; couldn't taste it at all.

shizz702
12-03-08, 4:52 pm
Thanks, man. I was worried it would taste bad, but I just had it in my shake; couldn't taste it at all.

lol one thing I forgot to add is ease into it, cause it really gets the bowels moving if you're not used to it. Start off with it on one shake, then gradually work up to having it with eveyr shake ;)

SQUAT or DIE!
12-03-08, 4:52 pm
never had that problem

sodapop
12-03-08, 4:59 pm
lol one thing I forgot to add is ease into it, cause it really gets the bowels moving if you're not used to it. Start off with it on one shake, then gradually work up to having it with eveyr shake ;)

Rofl, I was wondering why I suddenly have to shit really badly.

shizz702
12-03-08, 5:06 pm
Rofl, I was wondering why I suddenly have to shit really badly.

lol on a positive note though it cleans you out ;)

J Wong
12-03-08, 11:27 pm
yeah, extra olive oil is a good source of healthy fats. i got sick of it, i had it by the tbsp for 1-2 meals a day when i was on keto. got GROSS

Aggression
12-04-08, 10:19 am

Been there, done that; not pleasant. Minutes after having that shake, your insides start rumbling, and its a dead sprint to the bathroom haha.

wedge
12-04-08, 11:49 am
First I've ever heard of this. I'm trying to add extra calories, so I would like to try this. Is there any extra taste because of it?

shizz702
12-04-08, 11:50 am
First I've ever heard of this. I'm trying to add extra calories, so I would like to try this. Is there any extra taste because of it?

no it's virtually tasteless.

Aggression
12-04-08, 11:52 am

It depends on the amount of evoo, protein powder flavor/amount, liquid amount. Start with 1 tbsp in one shake and assess your limits. Take it from us who've done it. You don't want to go overboard when starting. Once you realize your limit, you can slowly work up from there, and eventually throw it into a few shakes/day. Most I've ever done was 1tbsp in 2 shakes/day. but that was just a personal decision.

wedge
12-04-08, 12:01 pm
It depends on the amount of evoo, protein powder flavor/amount, liquid amount. Start with 1 tbsp in one shake and assess your limits. Take it from us who've done it. You don't want to go overboard when starting. Once you realize your limit, you can slowly work up from there, and eventually throw it into a few shakes/day. Most I've ever done was 1tbsp in 2 shakes/day. but that was just a personal decision.

no it's virtually tasteless.

Thanks brothers. Plan on adding some to my shake later this afternoon.

Aggression
12-04-08, 12:04 pm
Thanks brothers. Plan on adding some to my shake later this afternoon.

Good luck bro. Remember, start off small. I don't want u coming back to this thread and posting something that starts off with "5 minutes after my shake, my stomach started gurgling" haha.

wedge
12-05-08, 7:30 pm
You guys were right. There is no real taste to it. Did play with my stomach a bit, but I plan on adding it from now on.