PDA

View Full Version : Need supplement advice

shellshock1911
12-03-08, 8:35 pm
Hey I am 17 and have been working out for about a year now, and only been getting really serious the past 12 weeks. Long story short, I was extremely skinny, plateaud at 120 lbs for a months then I became serious and am now 145 lbs. Bench- 165, Squat- 250, Deadlift- 250.

How should I be going supplement wise? I take Whey Isolate, Waxy Maize, Uni-Liver, Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Glutamine, Animal Pak, and Creatine (out of cycle now though). Since I am also a super hard gainer I added in M-Stack last week and I seem to have gained about 3 lbs since then. Any other supps I should be interested in? And for my size I eat really heavy, about 4.5k calories per day, 250g of protein, so I think I got my training and diet down.

Iceiktitan
12-03-08, 9:07 pm
Suuplement Wise: I'm a lay it all out for you bro:

Animal Pak (Upon rising. Everything starts with the Pak bro. Top notch multi!)
Animal Pump or Shock Therapy preworkout (Gets ya hipped up for the session.)
IntraAid during (Helps during the workout to prevent catabolism.)
Torrent postworkout (Great post-workout drink to help prevent catabolism.)
Real Gains (If you want to get some serious size. Take anytime.)

*Uni-liver is a wide choice.
*Drop the Whey Isolate.
*Drop the Waizy Maize.
*Drop the Fish and Flaxseed Oil and get the omega's in your whole foods.
*Drop the Creatine as it will be supplemented with the above stack bro.

P.S. As far as diet goes, I am not a licensed nutritionist or dietician but I can give you any honest opinion about your intake. The general rule is this. Eat like you want to get to a certain weight. Let's take you for example, what weight do you want to end up at? Eat like you are trying to get to that weight. As far as ratio's are concerned, the basic formula is 1-2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight.

P.S.S. The body is not a textbook and noone but yourself knows how you will react to things so keeping that in mind, in the end you need to adjust your diet if it needs a change based on your own experience and not on what someone else tells you.

Hope this Helps you brother....

Hey I am 17 and have been working out for about a year now, and only been getting really serious the past 12 weeks. Long story short, I was extremely skinny, plateaud at 120 lbs for a months then I became serious and am now 145 lbs. Bench- 165, Squat- 250, Deadlift- 250.

How should I be going supplement wise? I take Whey Isolate, Waxy Maize, Uni-Liver, Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Glutamine, Animal Pak, and Creatine (out of cycle now though). Since I am also a super hard gainer I added in M-Stack last week and I seem to have gained about 3 lbs since then. Any other supps I should be interested in? And for my size I eat really heavy, about 4.5k calories per day, 250g of protein, so I think I got my training and diet down.

Big3
12-03-08, 9:22 pm

supplement with...

uniliver
realgains
storm
eaa stack

if you are a hard gainer, then you should eat a lot of everything. carbs, protein, fats.... just keep eating....

shellshock1911
12-03-08, 9:23 pm
That sounds great. And actually I was thinking about experimenting most of those, especially the Real Gains, that you mentioned, and now that I got some confirmation, I am definately going to get them. The only thing I wasn't sure about previously was the pre-workout supp because I had a bad experience with this overhyped shit "NO Xplode" and it worked for one day and my body became tolerant to it, so I took it back. I hope Animal Pump or Shock Therapy will not be the same, but I wouldn't expect it to, I have had good experience with Animal Pak and M-Stack so far so I don't think you guys would slack in those if you didn't slack in these.

Iceiktitan
12-04-08, 6:40 am
Universal Nutrition/Animal carries the best suuplements on the market bro. You are getting the real deal.

Aggression
12-04-08, 11:30 am
That sounds great. And actually I was thinking about experimenting most of those, especially the Real Gains, that you mentioned, and now that I got some confirmation, I am definately going to get them. The only thing I wasn't sure about previously was the pre-workout supp because I had a bad experience with this overhyped shit "NO Xplode" and it worked for one day and my body became tolerant to it, so I took it back. I hope Animal Pump or Shock Therapy will not be the same, but I wouldn't expect it to, I have had good experience with Animal Pak and M-Stack so far so I don't think you guys would slack in those if you didn't slack in these.

Absolutely man. I've been all over the place in terms of supplement companies. I always turn back to Universal/Animal. Now its all I use, I won't take anything else. Shock Therapy is great man. And for the price vs. # of servings, you cant' beat it bro.