PDA

View Full Version : Fish oil/fats in diet and acne

thebrickhouse
12-03-08, 8:44 pm
About a year ago I started fish oil and it dramtically worsened my acne I got off of it around 6 months ago and my face is back to decent shape though im still taking antibiotics and topical medicine. I do understand that I am still a teenager and my acne is pretty bad even if i wash my face three times a day. My question is this was it the quality of the fish oil I had, is it just fish oil or oils in general that can screw up my face?

Thanks,
The Brick House

shizz702
12-03-08, 8:51 pm
About a year ago I started fish oil and it dramtically worsened my acne I got off of it around 6 months ago and my face is back to decent shape though im still taking antibiotics and topical medicine. I do understand that I am still a teenager and my acne is pretty bad even if i wash my face three times a day. My question is this was it the quality of the fish oil I had, is it just fish oil or oils in general that can screw up my face?

Thanks,
The Brick House

hmm according to this http://ezinearticles.com/?Fish-Oil-and-Acne---Is-There-Any-Connection-Between-Fish-Oil-and-Acne?&id=592388
fish oil should help treat and prevent it.

thebrickhouse
12-03-08, 9:32 pm
that is wierd maybe it was just my body at the time
thanks alot I guess its time to get back on it

Aggression
12-04-08, 10:22 am

Thanks,
The Brick House

I dunno dude, it might just be your body. I had bad acne when I was younger and I thought everything I went on was the cause of it. I remember throwing away bottles of BCAA's because I thought it was the culprit (Yeah it was dumb). From someone who struggled with acne, my best advice is to just keep the face clean and moisturized, and drink lots of water, it helps.

thebrickhouse
12-04-08, 6:23 pm
I dunno dude, it might just be your body. I had bad acne when I was younger and I thought everything I went on was the cause of it. I remember throwing away bottles of BCAA's because I thought it was the culprit (Yeah it was dumb). From someone who struggled with acne, my best advice is to just keep the face clean and moisturized, and drink lots of water, it helps.

Moisturizing is the only thing im not doing, sounds like an excellent idea, thanks

Pizzalamp
12-04-08, 7:50 pm
acne is a pain

acne is caused by insulin in your body
your skin secretes oil from the insulin spikes

control the type of carbs u eat and your acne will improve...ie no more high gi carbs like white bread pizza chips
increase your healthy fat intake
make sure your ratio of omegas is in balance in your diet...if the ratio is off then that can cause outbreaks
3000 mg fish oil
2600mg evening primrose oil
(thats a good amt of efas to take each day)

if u ever do a healthy fat keto diet like dave palumbo does-your skin will clear up-the reason is that the diet makes insulin spikes dormant-no spikes=no acne

if your diet is low carb and moderate healthy fat your skin should clear up well

wash your face twice a day w/ purpose bar soap..-morning and night-use scalding hot water

use clean n clear persa gel on your face before bed...coat your face w/ as much as possible and leave on as u sleep

drink as much water as possible-at least a gallon
avoid these foods:
sushi seaweed and sushi rice
white rice
white potatoes
candy
gum
strawberries
pizza
dairy
canola oils
junky fatty foods like hot dogs
cinnomon
hydrogenated oils
fried food

Giant Killer
12-04-08, 7:57 pm
hmm according to this http://ezinearticles.com/?Fish-Oil-and-Acne---Is-There-Any-Connection-Between-Fish-Oil-and-Acne?&id=592388
fish oil should help treat and prevent it.

That's what I was thinking...

Beach91
12-04-08, 11:11 pm
Actually, I found the opposite for myself. With my body type and the way I process carbs, I have no problem putting on weight, both muscle and fat. If I consume carbs in other meals other than b4 and after training I tend to pile on the fat, So I follow a modified Palumbo diet in which I only consume carbs b4 training, while my other 5 meals of the day consist of fats and proteins. If you follow this type of diet, or tend to take in a higher amount of fats in your daily diet, I believe it helps to amp up your body's natural testosterone production and in doing so, your skin will begin to produce more oil thus causing acne. Just my two cents though.

Pizzalamp
12-04-08, 11:21 pm
Actually, I found the opposite for myself. With my body type and the way I process carbs, I have no problem putting on weight, both muscle and fat. If I consume carbs in other meals other than b4 and after training I tend to pile on the fat, So I follow a modified Palumbo diet in which I only consume carbs b4 training, while my other 5 meals of the day consist of fats and proteins. If you follow this type of diet, or tend to take in a higher amount of fats in your daily diet, I believe it helps to amp up your body's natural testosterone production and in doing so, your skin will begin to produce more oil thus causing acne. Just my two cents though.

true...u gotta find the right level for your body...knowing when youre having too much fat in the diet etc