PDA

View Full Version : Any Florida ABC's?

bsatellite
12-04-08, 7:20 pm
Hey,

I'm not exactly sure how the ABC thing works but I do know that there are designated gyms with professional ABC members, who know their routines, their diets and their form. Now, I have a diet and routine laying out in-front of me but I'm missing the form. I'm going to Florida for a month, leaving Dec.9th and I'll be there on the 12th and all over. I'm wondering if there is any ABC Chapter in Florida willing to teach me form and anything else I can't learn off the internet?

This is super important as I was told that form is the one thing that leads to my success!!

Hercules
12-05-08, 5:10 am
Where is FL will you be? It's a pretty big state and there are currently 3 or 4 active ABC chapters.

Enforcer
12-05-08, 9:06 am
Hey,

I'm not exactly sure how the ABC thing works but I do know that there are designated gyms with professional ABC members, who know their routines, their diets and their form. Now, I have a diet and routine laying out in-front of me but I'm missing the form. I'm going to Florida for a month, leaving Dec.9th and I'll be there on the 12th and all over. I'm wondering if there is any ABC Chapter in Florida willing to teach me form and anything else I can't learn off the internet?

This is super important as I was told that form is the one thing that leads to my success!!

You can find a chapter in your area here bro:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13075

bsatellite
12-05-08, 8:19 pm
Where is FL will you be? It's a pretty big state and there are currently 3 or 4 active ABC chapters.

All over, for a month. I can get generally anywheres though. I'd be willing to pay if I could get in for a training session or something to learn the forms etc

Cstlfx
12-06-08, 11:34 pm
Are you looking towards bodybuilding or powerlifting?

There are a bunch of great powerliting places all around Florida. Orlando is just ripe with them.

Herc definitely knows his stuff, just in an hour I was able to get a few tips on my form and was able to make my deadlift better.

There are also quite a few gyms with world class powerlifters that could show you some stuff.

bsatellite
12-08-08, 10:33 am
Really? Could you reccomend a gym?

Check out my journey, facebook and msn in my sig!

Hercules
12-08-08, 11:34 am
From past ABC Events, I can recommend these gyms in Central Florida:

Pitbull Gym - Tampa
All American Gym - Lakeland
Orlando Barbell - Orlando

Again, it'll just depend on where in FL you'll be. Some of the other FL ABC chapter members can chime in with some of their recommendations...

Cstlfx
12-08-08, 1:52 pm
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4420

I recently was able to meet a bunch of guys from these gyms (not all though) at a powerlifting meet. This is a really good list to look through.

bsatellite
12-08-08, 7:49 pm
Alright, thanks guys!!

Does anyone know if its possible to pay per week for the gym membership or... ?

Cstlfx
12-08-08, 10:03 pm
Alright, thanks guys!!

Does anyone know if its possible to pay per week for the gym membership or... ?

Some have free weeks, some have pay per week, some have pay per day pass. All depends on the gym. If you have one in mind you want to go to, give them a ring.