PDA

View Full Version : Winter Cardio

Sho
12-04-08, 8:50 pm
Moved out recently, no longer have access to a treadmill. Just wondering Is it cool to be running around in the snow for some cardio rocky 4 stylz during the snowy seasons? any other helpful alternatives would be great. reallllllly starting to accumulate a beer gut here.

mfl5027
12-04-08, 9:25 pm
Of course you can run outside Rocky IV style. Just be sure to dress warmly like he did and either run in good boots or somewhere where any ice has been cleared so you don't kill yourself. Alternatively, you can give calisthenics a try. Look into P90x if you need some ideas.

Sho
12-04-08, 9:32 pm
aren't calisthenics just like push ups and crunches, shit like that..?

Aggression
12-05-08, 10:47 am
Moved out recently, no longer have access to a treadmill. Just wondering Is it cool to be running around in the snow for some cardio rocky 4 stylz during the snowy seasons? any other helpful alternatives would be great. reallllllly starting to accumulate a beer gut here.

That's fine bro. Just keep warm and keep looking over your shoulder for that mercedes chasing ya ha ha.

simpleguy
12-05-08, 11:13 am

I do that as well... usually all I need is some music, so I carry my phone (on it I keep my favourite songs to get me going)... I also hit some aminos or at least some whey pre cardio

also, you say you have a beer gut, limit the alcohol consumption to say once a week (and even that means a drink or two, not a binge), and get on a solid diet program if you wanna have good results

Feel The Power
12-05-08, 4:08 pm
jump rope is awesome cardio..

I do that as well... usually all I need is some music, so I carry my phone (on it I keep my favourite songs to get me going)... I also hit some aminos or at least some whey pre cardio

also, you say you have a beer gut, limit the alcohol consumption to say once a week (and even that means a drink or two, not a binge), and get on a solid diet program if you wanna have good results

Binney08
12-05-08, 6:50 pm

Heh drinking actually makes me lose my gut/bloat cause it dehydrates me so much. Tho that may be cause I'm only 20...

Sho
12-05-08, 11:35 pm
if ONLY drinking beer made you lose the gut... oh man..

scals
12-06-08, 12:28 am
Heh drinking actually makes me lose my gut/bloat cause it dehydrates me so much. Tho that may be cause I'm only 20...

I've noticed that too sometimes. Weird.

The Epidemic
02-02-09, 6:20 pm
the issue with winter cardio is this.. u cant do low impact. u have to run/jog to keep warm