PDA

View Full Version : Tracking A Workout???

The Hulk2011
12-04-08, 8:56 pm
So brothers, How do you guys keep track of your workout? I've herd of log sheets and books, or memory but what your way of keeping track of your training. If you keep track, How much detail do you go into? Whatcha keep track to I.e Sets Reps Weight???

Let me know brothers

The Hulk

mdh84
12-04-08, 9:20 pm
I can't seem to keep a log or journal with me. The only way that I keep track is here on my journey. I include exercises, sets, reps and sometimes weight. It is a good way for me to keep track and good to look back at it from time to time and see improvement.

hardhit71
12-04-08, 10:07 pm
Same for me man. My Journey keeps my mind right man. just take a look at a few different journeys so you can see what you think. later bro

J Wong
12-04-08, 10:44 pm
I remember in my head, post it in my journey.

BricksAndStones
12-05-08, 1:26 am
I remember most of my stuff in my head. But it's not like I straight remember it. I actually have to be in the weight room to remember what I did most of the time. But if I'm looking at weights I can remember every detail every set, every rep. Once I get to my winter break I reckon I'll keep a training log for the three weeks I'm at home to track the little progress I make, and I'll make a journey on the forum as well. That'll be a good time to start it.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-05-08, 1:29 am

i see great minds think alike...

eric downey
12-05-08, 1:31 am
try to log as much as possible. how you felt that day could be the reason for more or less weight when comparing workouts. sleep... as much as you can will help

rev8ball
12-05-08, 1:49 am
The ink never lies. Once you write it down, it's there forever, and you can't escape it, whether it was a great workout or sucked donkey dick.

One of the best ways to make progress is keeping a log. Sets, reps, pounds, percents, ROM position, mood, diet, sleep, etc.; whatever works to keep you motivated.

I always keep one. I may not always transcribe it here to my Journey (which is more like a personal diary and milestones for me, rather than a log), but it's always there - watching, waiting, to make me either succeed or fail. It's up to you.......

smith06
12-05-08, 7:12 am
I keep a log book...usually just put down the number of reps and the weight.

Aggression
12-05-08, 10:46 am

x2. I used to write shit down, but I can remember what I do. I use my journey as my logbook. I usually write down my workout the following morning and I still remember the exact weights/reps used the prior night.

Universal Rep
12-05-08, 10:48 am
Did someone say log book? I hear Corporate is working on something like this right now...

SQUAT or DIE!
12-05-08, 11:19 am
Did someone say log book? I hear Corporate is working on something like this right now...

why do you always have some way to torment us??

is it gonna have inspirational quotes from the pros on each page?

Universal Rep
12-05-08, 11:35 am
why do you always have some way to torment us??

is it gonna have inspirational quotes from the pros on each page?

Oh alright... It's a-coming. There... Ya happy pappy? Corporate told me about it the other day.... More info coming shortly.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-05-08, 12:00 pm
Oh alright... It's a-coming. There... Ya happy pappy? Corporate told me about it the other day.... More info coming shortly.

see, was that so hard to actually give us a straight answer... :)

Universal Rep
12-05-08, 12:07 pm
see, was that so hard to actually give us a straight answer... :)

It pained me.... Mightily.

Haha: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=579938#post579938

MrMonday
12-05-08, 2:16 pm
I keep a little notebook with me in my gym bag, and I write down how many reps I did with the working weight for each exercise. Every time I go in to the gym, all I have to do is flip back to last weeks workout for that bodypart, and I know what I have to do better than this time.

Recently I've also made it a habit to write down which exercises aggravate an injury I'm just now recovering from, so I would say the workout log has many uses and I do recommend it.

Junkie2
12-05-08, 10:38 pm
I downloaded a log sheet. Bring a new one to the gym every day and track my weight and reps done.

MojoMike36
12-06-08, 6:12 pm
I log it in this little fat book. Just barely enough space to fit all my stuff on high volume sessions but its nice cause it fits in my pocket.

I write down my numbers while resting in between sets. Its great to have on hand because I can compare to last week and plot what weight I should try to lift in order to be making progress from last week. Thats the only way I know I will grow for sure.

edit: a journey book would be dope. Maybe with some badass pics and quotes on each page to keep you motivated. A few helpful mantras a phrases that will inspire you in between sets while you log your shit would really help anyone.