PDA

View Full Version : Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

The Incredible Hulk
12-04-08, 11:38 pm
Sup fellas, The Incredible Hulk comin at ya here, never really kept a log before so I'm gonna give this a n see what comes of it. Hell, if nothing else it'll just be a place for me to organize some numbers and spit out some thoughts.

A little background:
I've been lifting for almost 4 years now, got started back in my junior year of high school when i was 16.5 years old. First time I stepped into the gym I weighed in at a earth shaking 155 pounds at 6 feet tall. I was scrawny but I'd always been told I had the frame to be a pretty big dude, so after I quit soccer I thought I'd give the gym a try. It didn't take long for me to become fascinated. The first ever bb video I watched was Ronnie Coleman's 200 lb dumbbell press, and I kept telling myself that I wanna do that someday, I wanna blow people's minds just like Ronnie Coleman. Well, 4 years later I'm still standing at 6 feet tall (damn, lol) but now I'm tipping the scales at 290 pounds.

I don't really have any plans to compete in anything, I'd always kinda entertained the notion of gettin diced for a bb show, but in all honesty I don't think I'm big enough yet (bigorexia ftw, lol). As of right now I'm just a dude who flat out LOVES to train, so I welcome anybody who's interested to hop on board for one hell of a ride!

Just try not to make me angry, because you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.... ;-)

The Incredible Hulk
12-05-08, 12:07 am
I'm gonna try n squeeze as much in as I can before I head out to the gym tonight...So for those interested I'm 20 years old and I'm in my third year at a California State Unversity studying exercise physiology, I'm really happy with where I am in life right now, most notably because the only real issues I gotta deal with at the moment are my studies, training, and gettin all the food that I need.....ah to be young right?? :)

I don't know exactly what I'm trying to accomplish on this journey, as I said, if nothing else it'll be a place for me to organize my thoughts/numbers, but I guess I'm just gonna continue trying to get as big as humanly possible; I would venture to guess that I could carry around 310-315 pounds on my frame before it started to get really sloppy, who knows, maybe I'll get a chance to find out. In any case, you'll still find me busting my fuckin balls every time I step into the gym.

Simply stated, "I make plays".

I'm gonna try and throw a few pics on here too before I go lift tonight so you guys can see what I got to work with.

The Incredible Hulk
12-05-08, 12:22 am
Here's a few from after last night's workout...

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/the_incredible_hulk66/1203082354.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/the_incredible_hulk66/1203082355.jpg

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo308/the_incredible_hulk66/1203082356.jpg

Edit: Damn, I thought I knew how to embed, but apparently not.

The Incredible Hulk
12-05-08, 4:52 am
Went to the gym tonight to hit delts with a little bit of traps for good measure. I wouldn't call this a typical shoulder workout for me; I just joined this gym earlier this week so I'm still trying to get the layout down and figure what equipment is best for each bodypart.

-DISCLAIMER-
Some of you reading this may wonder about the lack of freeweight pressing, and the reason for this is that I'm still coming back from a torn labrum, so hopefully it shouldn't be too much longer before I can throw some dbs up over my head again.

ANYWAYS, had the weight room completely to myself tonight (one of the benefits of this new gym is being able to train at 11pm) so it was time to let loose...

Hammer Strength military press
1pps x 20
2pps x 20
3pps x 15
4pps x 10

Dumbbell Side Laterals
40s x 15
50s x 12
60s x 9
70s x 6 dropset to 35 x failure

Hit the reverse pecdec for some rear delt flys, didn't really keep track of the weight here
4 sets of 20, 15, 10, 8

Then I found this sweet little lateral raise machine, similar to the one at Bev Francis Powerhouse Gym (anybody who's watched the "In the Trenches" videos at MDTV will know what I'm talking about). Needed to get the feel for this machine, so again the weight wasn't really a factor.
4 sets of 12, 10, 10, 8

Wide grip upright rows superset with DB shrugs
95x12, 100s x 15
95x12, 100s x 15
135x8, 100s x 15
135x8, 100s x 15

That's it. Cooked.
I've actually seen some good development in my delts since I started doing only one press in my workouts, so I'm gonna keep it like this n see if I can't force a little more growth.

Dunno if I have much of an audience at this point, but comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Now off for a few hours of sleep before physics tomorrow morning at 9. Yuck. Got back on tap for tomorrow night though so it'll still be a good day :)

B Con
12-05-08, 7:10 am
Fuck an audience. I'm down for the ride. Working out at 11 PM? I dig it. You definitely unleashed some hell with 70 db raises. Fucking nuts. It's awesome to be young and have nothing to worry about but to train, eat, and study. Sounds like you got shit going good for ya. How's Cal State?

You are a big dude. I'm a fart away from 6 foot... but no where near 290... outstanding traps btw. Any kind of measurements? Maxes?

Solid start to your journey.

Psycho77
12-05-08, 7:20 am
Dude........your huge. Awesome workout. Gonna enjoy this journey of yours, consider me subbed.

jayanticoli
12-05-08, 10:29 am
lookin solid bro welcome to the forum....perfect spot for meatheads to unite!....i'm def gonna be checkin in on you once in a while....whats ur diet like>? and what supps you on....,.just curious

naturalguy
12-05-08, 11:46 am
Love the name and you are a big boy already. I will be following.

LittleMan55
12-05-08, 12:14 pm
Count me in for this you are a F***ing monster!!!!

firsthorseman97
12-05-08, 12:22 pm
I'm subbed. In case you didn't already know... your kinda BIG!

scals
12-05-08, 2:32 pm
Holy fuck. You're a large man. I'm strapped in, ready to go on this journey with ya.

The Incredible Hulk
12-05-08, 2:33 pm
Count me in for this you are a F***ing monster!!!!

I'm subbed. In case you didn't already know... your kinda BIG!

Dude........your huge. Awesome workout. Gonna enjoy this journey of yours, consider me subbed.

Thanks bros, I'm gettin there, just tryin to get a little bit bigger n stronger each day...either way, glad you have you all along! Gonna be a helluva rude

The Incredible Hulk
12-05-08, 3:01 pm
Holy fuck. You're a large man. I'm strapped in, ready to go on this journey with ya.

Glad to have you along boss, I promise I won't disappoint!

Love the name and you are a big boy already. I will be following.

Lol, thanks man....I guess I must be doin somethin right if I got one of the watchmen keepin an eye on me, I'll be sure to keep it sharp.

lookin solid bro welcome to the forum....perfect spot for meatheads to unite!....i'm def gonna be checkin in on you once in a while....whats ur diet like>? and what supps you on....,.just curious

Thanks bro, yea this definitely seems like the place for me. As far as my diet goes, I'm really not SUPER hardcore about it, and surprisingly, for a big guy I really don't like to eat; I often find myself force feeding myself 6-7 times a day. To give you guys a little insight into my diet, I'll list off some of the things I eat on a daily basis...

I get my protein from:
-whole eggs/egg whites
-ground beef
-sirloin
-tilapia
-salmon
-cottage cheese
-shakes
-and a LOT of chicken

Carbs
-Loads of oatmeal
-I LOVE pb&j's (with natty pb and on whole wheat bread of course!) I don't think I'll ever stop eating these bad boys
-Pancakes
-Whole grain pasta
-The occasional box of mac n cheese (lol)

I usually eat meals consisting of these foods 6-7 times daily, rotating them so I don't get too sick of something.

As for supps, I keep it pretty basic, right now I'm just sticking with Universal's EAA stack and Storm that I sip on during my workout and I also use an "all in one" preworkout supp (I was using Animal Pump for a few months, and it worked great, but my body just got too used to it I think, so I'm switchin it up for a bit). I've used M-Stak, Stak, and Test before in the past with solid results, and I'm considering picking up another can of M-stak in the near future, we'll see how it goes.

Hoomgar
12-05-08, 6:23 pm
Hey Hulk, welcome to the legion bro, I'll be watching...

Hg

The Incredible Hulk
12-05-08, 6:34 pm
Hey Hulk, welcome to the legion bro, I'll be watching...

Hg

Thanks Hg! I'm already starting to feel right at home!

B Con
12-05-08, 6:49 pm
You have a good group of guys already following ya Hulk. Looking forward to some devastation.

The Incredible Hulk
12-05-08, 8:03 pm
God damn am I glad this week's over. I'm not usually one to bitch but I just needed a break, I was gettin about 3.5-4 hours of sleep a night this week, and that ain't doin anything to help my cause here. Luckily my schedule allows me to come home and nap for 2-3 hours everyday, but it just ain't the same. So this weekend I'm looking forward to a lotta resting, training, spending some quality time with my PS3, and watching some incredible football (I may be out in Pac 10 country but DAMN, that SEC championship game is gonna be sick!).

Right now I'm bout to lay down for a few hours to nap before I head to the gym, but in case anybody else has been draggin ass today, or this week for that matter, I'll leave my fellow animals with some of my favorite bb vids, definitely gonna hit these up myself before I hit back tonight....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlZdX1YtcPo
Yes, that's where I got my siggy from, when big Kev says that line it always gives me chills...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuN2lglHBKA
Lol, yea the name of the vid is kinda iffy at best.....but truly an incredible clip

Alright, time to sleep.

The Incredible Hulk
12-06-08, 4:04 am
You have a good group of guys already following ya Hulk. Looking forward to some devastation.

Ask and ye shall receive bro.....

BACK DAY
Woke up feelin groggy as fuuuck from my nap, but it was nothin a little food and a my preworkout drink couldn't fix. Got into the gym at around 10 tonight, and to my surprise I actually had a little company in the weightroom, sweet. Anyways, let's get down to business fellas...

Bent Over BB rows
135 x 25
225 x 20
315 x 12
405 x 7
405 x 6

Hammer Strength Low Row machine
2pps x 20
3pps x 12
4pps x 10
4pps x 10.....unfortunately the damn thing wouldn't hold any more than 4 pies per side, and believe me, I looked everywhere for a spot where I could toss on a few more, but to no avail.

Single Arm DB Row
Alright, this was very disappointing for me because tonight I found out that the dbs at this new gym only go up to 130, not 180 like the jackass manager told me when he signed me up. So needless to say, I started to get a little angry, and as you all know, it's not wise to make the Hulk angry.....
130 x 15
130 x 15
Fuck, this was too easy, I had to adapt; lol, for my last two sets I did my rows face down on an incline bench to insure a super strict ROM, and at the cost of a few reps, I think it did the trick.
130 x 10
130 x 8

Back to the Hammer Strength room to hit up the High Row machine
2pps x 20
3pps x 12
4pps x 8
4pps x 8

Cable pullovers
4 sets of 12-10 reps, with increasing weights.

I had planned to then hit up some hyperextensions to finish off but as I was aimlessly wandering the room for the hyperextension thing, I got a tap on the shoulder from the front desk kid saying it was closing time. Damn. All in all I'd say it was a decent session tonight, but not my best. It was one of those nights where the numbers were there, but the intensity wasn't, in any case, I'll still be feeling this one for a day or two.

Coupla notes here:
-Yes I do deadlift, I usually start with deadlifts 2 weeks in a row, then take a week off, then repeat, and as fate would have it, this is my week off from deadlifting.
-I did enjoy using the Hammer Strength rowing machines. My last gym didn't have any of these and they were dearly missed; in the next few weeks they'll probably become as much of a staple in my back routine as rows and deads.
-I'm starting to encounter a few issues with this gym, the lack of big boy dbs for one, and another is that there's barely enough plates to go around if there's two powerful dudes in there at once. All things aside, it's hard to complain when I still get to have the weightroom to myself the majority of the time :)

Alrighty boys, there it is. Time to get another meal in, maybe hit up a few more journeys tonight and then check in for some much needed sleep.

Psycho77
12-06-08, 7:49 am
Holy shit bro. your a fuck'n freak. Heavy weights on everything. Your journey is making me feel like a weak pussy in the gym bro. Definitely getting inspired by this. Livin up to your name.

The Sun
12-06-08, 7:56 am
WHAT THE FUCK BRO. YOU CAN'T BE FUCKIN 20 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy fuck, you're fuckin' damn huge.
subbed bro, welcome to the FORVM.

McFly
12-06-08, 9:38 am
some big numbers being put up in here already.....my kinda shit bro.....I'll be watching this one for sure!!!

jayanticoli
12-06-08, 11:53 am
If this is the same mach i have at my gym we just put 100lb plates on ...more weight and frees up some space for even more!!! good workout hulk

2pps x 20
3pps x 12
4pps x 10
4pps x 10.....unfortunately the damn thing wouldn't hold any more than 4 pies per side, and believe me, I looked everywhere for a spot where I could toss on a few more, but to no avail.

firsthorseman97
12-06-08, 1:17 pm
3 words for you... STRONG, STRONG, STRONG!!! You can move some serious iron. Can't wait to see your next back day when you yank some weight off the floor.

The Incredible Hulk
12-06-08, 6:09 pm
Holy shit bro. your a fuck'n freak. Heavy weights on everything. Your journey is making me feel like a weak pussy in the gym bro. Definitely getting inspired by this. Livin up to your name.

Thanks man, you're over there puttin up some damn good numbers yourself. I'm just doin what I can each time I step into the gym. Thanks for the support bro.

WHAT THE FUCK BRO. YOU CAN'T BE FUCKIN 20 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy fuck, you're fuckin' damn huge.
subbed bro, welcome to the FORVM.

Lol, yea I'm young, which hopefully means I got some more growing to do :)
But thanks for the support boss, glad to have ya on board.

some big numbers being put up in here already.....my kinda shit bro.....I'll be watching this one for sure!!!

Just tryin to keep up with you McFly, but it'll be good to be gettin input from a true freak.

If this is the same mach i have at my gym we just put 100lb plates on ...more weight and frees up some space for even more!!! good workout hulk

2pps x 20
3pps x 12
4pps x 10

Didn't even cross my mind, good lookin out bro. Only thing is this new gym is set up in a way so that most of the equip is in one room, and all the Hammer Strength machines are in another room way down the hall. Lol, but I guess a little haulin' couldn't hurt.

3 words for you... STRONG, STRONG, STRONG!!! You can move some serious iron. Can't wait to see your next back day when you yank some weight off the floor.

Thanks bro! Just doin what I can. Lol, already settin the stage for next week, I like it....

The Incredible Hulk
12-06-08, 6:20 pm
As it stands right now, looks like I'll be taking today off, haven't had one since I took Thanksgiving day off so I think this is a little overdue. Plus my old man is comin up to visit for the day so I'll get to spend some time with him. It'll be good to take today to unwind, watch football (Bama-Florida is AWESOME right now btw), and EAT.

It felt amazing to finally get a good night's sleep last night, slept in til almost 1pm today LOL. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track with my sleep schedule next week.

Hope all my fellow animals are havin a good weekend so far.

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-06-08, 6:22 pm
6' 290 lbs at 20 years old?! Thats what i like to see bro. your puttin up some crazy in work here. i'll keeping an eye on this one for sure!

BTW...Do you bodybuild or powerlift?

The Incredible Hulk
12-06-08, 7:43 pm
6' 290 lbs at 20 years old?! Thats what i like to see bro. your puttin up some crazy in work here. i'll keeping an eye on this one for sure!

BTW...Do you bodybuild or powerlift?

Thanks bro! Glad to have you along for the ride.

Lol, I wouldn't really call myself a bb or pl. I've always thought that powerlifting would be sweet, and something that I could do well in, but I'm not really into the powerlifter style of training (no disrespect to you or any other pl'ers that may be watching). I have a lot more fun training like a bodybuilder, and I'm all about having a good time. That's why I do this day after day, cuz I love everything about it. But who knows, maybe one day I'll find my way into powerlifting or finally decide to get shredded and step on stage, lol right now I'm just havin a good time doin what I do.

The Incredible Hulk
12-08-08, 3:02 am
Felt good and rested today and was chompin at the bit to get into the gym and do work on my chest. Finally got into the gym at around 8:30 tonight, it was a little more crowded than I'm used to and not a single one of these dudes looked like somebody I would trust with 405 over my chest, so I wasn't gonna be using my heaviest weight tonight. But don't get it twisted boys, I was still gonna put in some serious work.....

Flat BB bench SUPERSET with Incline DB flys
135 x lots --> 30s x lots (w/u)
225 x 15 --> 40s x 15
315 x 10 --> 50s x 12
315 x 8 --> 55s x 10
315 x 6 --> 65s x 8

Incline DB press
100s x 12
110s x 12
110s x 10
110s x 8

Hammer Strength Plate loaded press
1pps x 20
2pps x 15
3pps x 10
3pps x 10

Low Cable Flys SUPERSET withTricep Overhead Extension machine
15 reps --> 12 reps
12 reps --> 12 reps
12 reps --> 12 reps
12 reps --> 12 reps
Wasn't too concerned w/ the weight here, on the OH ext. machine it was hard enough to reach behind my head and grab the damn handle with the weight were it was, so I didn't fuck with it.

Dips
4 sets x 12 reps w/ bodyweight

That's all she wrote.

The rundown:
-That first superset I did was felt SICK. I'd never tried it before and I think it's gonna stick around for a few weeks, or at least until I can find a spotter I trust. I also like it cuz I can keep the weight fairly light and still murder my chest; lighter weight also allows me to do a little work on my form cuz right now I have this nasty habit of letting my shoulders take over most of the work while benching.
-I was not very happy with my performance on the incline db presses. That first superset took a lot more out of me than I thought, and what's worse was after my first set of dbs, I got this crazy painful pump in my forearms and hands....yes hands. This made it almost impossible to hold on to the weights.
-All things aside I feel that overall it was a very productive night, I can tell I'm gonna be sore as shit tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep the training consistent this week, but it's "dead week" and time to start hittin the books hard, meaning I might miss a session or two. Good luck to all the animals following this who have finals this week.

There's always room for improvement, so any suggestions on tonight's workout are welcome.

Psycho77
12-08-08, 4:42 am
Solid workout Hulk. Nothing but volume and insane weights. Gonna be sore tom for sure.

firsthorseman97
12-08-08, 7:02 am
Nothing wrong with any of those numbers. That's a strong incline DB press especially after that superset. Catch your workouts when you can this week and be sure to hit the books hard.

scals
12-08-08, 10:40 am
Wow. That was a great workout bro. Supersetting flat press and incline flyes in impressive. I got my motivation for my chest workout today.

B Con
12-08-08, 12:40 pm
Hell yeah I may be using that wicked ass superset for chest come chest day... insane. Nice work Hulk.

The Sun
12-08-08, 1:08 pm
That's some heavy ass bench pressing bro...
wouldn't like to stand next to you when you're angry...

The Incredible Hulk
12-10-08, 5:15 am
Sorry guys I've been slackin on gettin my workouts posted up here, so I'll cut the bullshit and just throw down my leg workout from last night (Monday night).

Leg extension + Leg Press + Ham Curl (w/u)

Leg Press
6pps x 25
8pps x 20
10pps x 15
12pps x 12
14pps x 10
15pps x 8

Front Squats (All reps done ATG)
135 x 15
225 x 10
225 x 8
275 x 4 --> Dropset to 135 to failure

Lying Ham Curl
4 sets of 10-15 reps, increasing the weight 10 lbs each set.

Hack Squat SUPERSET with Leg Extensions
2pps x 10 --> 3/4 stack x 10
2pps x 10 --> 3/4 stack x 10
2pps x 8 --> stack x 8
2pps x 8 --> stack x 6 dropset to 1/2 stack to failure

DB SLDLs
60s x 20
70s x 12
100s x 10
110s x 8

Done. Had a hard ass time working the clutch on my z28 on the way home and my legs were sore as FUCK today, so I musta done something right :)

Damn, I predicted a busy ass week and so far I'm gettin it. I was on campus from 9am-6pm today going to class/studying/working on projects, my exams are on Monday and Tuesday next week so I'm really trying to get everything done this week so I can just coast in. However I was able to get to the gym tonight, and I'll post up tonight's bicep workout tomorrow when I get home from class.
Sorry I haven't had time to drop into anybody else's journey lately, but I'll make my rounds tomorrow, now it's time for some SLEEP.

Until next time brothers.

The Sun
12-10-08, 5:36 am
heavy work bro, good thing to know you had some hard time riding your sexy car (damn z28) back home.

firsthorseman97
12-10-08, 6:43 am
Another solid workout. Heavy ass weights as usual. Just what I've come to expect from ya.

scals
12-10-08, 6:59 am
Moving heavy weight on leg day. That's what it's all about.

LittleMan55
12-10-08, 7:08 am
Sick chest day and crazy leg day! Way to get it done freak...

B Con
12-10-08, 7:13 am
Nice leg day... good luck with all the school shit you got going on... I know the pain...

Angelwrath
12-10-08, 7:54 am
Glad to have you along boss, I promise I won't disappoint!

Lol, thanks man....I guess I must be doin somethin right if I got one of the watchmen keepin an eye on me, I'll be sure to keep it sharp.

Thanks bro, yea this definitely seems like the place for me. As far as my diet goes, I'm really not SUPER hardcore about it, and surprisingly, for a big guy I really don't like to eat; I often find myself force feeding myself 6-7 times a day. To give you guys a little insight into my diet, I'll list off some of the things I eat on a daily basis...

I get my protein from:
-whole eggs/egg whites
-ground beef
-sirloin
-tilapia
-salmon
-cottage cheese
-shakes
-and a LOT of chicken

Carbs
-Loads of oatmeal
-I LOVE pb&j's (with natty pb and on whole wheat bread of course!) I don't think I'll ever stop eating these bad boys
-Pancakes
-Whole grain pasta
-The occasional box of mac n cheese (lol)

I usually eat meals consisting of these foods 6-7 times daily, rotating them so I don't get too sick of something.

As for supps, I keep it pretty basic, right now I'm just sticking with Universal's EAA stack and Storm that I sip on during my workout and I also use an "all in one" preworkout supp (I was using Animal Pump for a few months, and it worked great, but my body just got too used to it I think, so I'm switchin it up for a bit). I've used M-Stak, Stak, and Test before in the past with solid results, and I'm considering picking up another can of M-stak in the near future, we'll see how it goes.

A lot of respect for the weights you move, but almost everyone here is of the opinion that Stak and Test shouldn't be used at such an early stage. What made you go for it anyway?

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 10:05 am
Heavy leg work bro. That should get the job done.

Psycho77
12-10-08, 10:51 am
Heavy ass workout there bro. Got me all fired up for toms leg session.

The Incredible Hulk
12-10-08, 10:30 pm
Hopefully I'll get all caught up with posting my workouts today; here's my bicep workout from Tuesday night:

EZ bar curls
bar x 40 (w/u)
75 x 15
115 x 12
125 x 12
165 x 6
(Dorian style here, 3 lighter sets leading up to one heavy set)

Alternating DB curls
50s x 12 ea
60s x 10 ea
70s x 8 ea
80s x 5 ea (lol @ my form on some of these)

Cybex Preacher Curl machine
1/2 stack x 15
3/4 stack x 12
3/4 stack x 12
stack x 8 --> drop to 1/2 stack to failure --> drop to 1/4 stack to failure

Concentration Curls
30 x 15
35 x 10
35 x 10

Felt like a pretty good workout, which is saying a lot considering I HATE training biceps. I think I'm gonna make a change to my bicep workouts soon, prolly along the lines of keeping the weight a little lighter while upping the reps and keeping my form super strict. We'll see how it goes, either way I gotta get these suckers to GROW.

Bout to head back to campus in a few minutes to study for physics (fuck), then hittin the gym for triceps. After that I gotta paper to write and a presentation to prepare for, so it's gonna be a looooooong night, so I'm really gonna cherish my little escape to the gym....should be a good workout.

The Incredible Hulk
12-11-08, 3:46 am
Damn, gym time couldn't have come quick enough tonight. After 3+ hours of studying physics I was itchin to get in there and let loose...and let loose I did....

Close Grip Bench
Bar x many (w/u)
135 x 30
225 x 15
315 x 7
315 x 6
225 x 12

DB overhead extensions
130 x 15
Too fuckin light, and that's the heaviest db we have, so I switched to single arm...
40 x 12
50 x 12
60 x 8

Tricep Pushdowns (on the single pulley)
3/4 stack x 15
3/4 stack x 15
stack x 10
stack x 10 --> dropset to 1/2 stack to failure

Single Arm Reverse pushdowns
3 sets, 12 reps a piece each arm

Dips SUPERSET with DB kickbacks
BW x 12 --> 35s x 10
BW x 10 --> 35s x 10
BW x 8 --> 35s x 8
BW x 8 --> 35s x 8

I was fired up tonight and made the most of my trip to the gym since I know the rest of the night is gonna be hell. Speaking of which, I gotta get to work, but first I'll prolly fire up the grill and cook some sirloin, mmmm. LOL, one of my neighbors asked me the other day why I'm always out bbq-ing in 30 degree weather at 1 in the morning, I just told him he wouldn't understand :)

As I said I'll be up for a long ass time tonight, maybe cruise by a few journeys or throw down some random thoughts in here in the process.

B Con
12-11-08, 5:16 am
Good luck with school. I am enduring the same hell haha...

Nice Bi and Tri workouts. I hate working the biceps as well but it gets it done. I also have the problem with the Tri OH Ext and normally do the one arm thing. It's a pain.

Still moving some big weight. Nice work big man.

Psycho77
12-11-08, 6:53 am
What can I say Hulk but awesome tri punishment. I feel sorry for your tris bro. Those babies must have been pumped solid after that session.

firsthorseman97
12-11-08, 7:28 am
Killer tri's session bro! It must be nice having that problem with the DBs. LOL! BTW, thanks for the advice in my journey.

The Incredible Hulk
12-11-08, 8:37 am
Good luck with school. I am enduring the same hell haha...

Nice Bi and Tri workouts. I hate working the biceps as well but it gets it done. I also have the problem with the Tri OH Ext and normally do the one arm thing. It's a pain.

Still moving some big weight. Nice work big man.

Shit, I guess that's just another thing that sets us apart from the average gym goer; our hate for bicep training, lol!

Thanks for the luck in school bro, lol but I bet you could use it a little more than me at the moment. Hope your exams finish out well boss.

What can I say Hulk but awesome tri punishment. I feel sorry for your tris bro. Those babies must have been pumped solid after that session.

Thanks Psy! It was definitely a good one, unlike my bis, my tris actually respond well to the punishment. Hope that chest is treatin you alright bro!

Killer tri's session bro! It must be nice having that problem with the DBs. LOL! BTW, thanks for the advice in my journey.

Lol, thanks bro! Or the gym could just get heavier dbs and then everybody's happy :)
As I said bro, you got any questions or need anything, my pm box is completely empty, lol.

Well It's about 5:30 in the morning here and I just finished getting everything together for my presentation. I'm probably over thinking this whole thing though, I could give a presentation on Jamie Eason to this class and I still doubt they'd pay attention, so chances are they won't give a shit about what I have to say, lol. I'm probably gonna cook some eggs up then lie down for a little nap before class starts, fuuuuck. In all liklihood I'm gonna take tonight off from the gym and try to get back on track, cuz the last thing I need is to go into finals with a fucked up sleep schedule, but we'll see how it goes, maybe I'll get enough sleep after class today that I'm good to go tonight. In any case...

Hoomgar
12-11-08, 1:34 pm
Man nice heavy high volume work singling out the arm part like that bro. hang tight with the schooling man. It's gotta be done.

Hg

Maharg
12-11-08, 7:33 pm
Seem to be a bit bigger then your average bear. Ill stick around to see this shit unfold.

diesel1976
12-12-08, 12:12 am
Moving some nice weight for being such a young buck. Knock out those school tests.

B Con
12-12-08, 5:20 am
Shit, I guess that's just another thing that sets us apart from the average gym goer; our hate for bicep training, lol!

Thanks for the luck in school bro, lol but I bet you could use it a little more than me at the moment. Hope your exams finish out well boss.

Haha... well spoken. I always can use the luck :) Getting that shit done though and ready to go brain dead over break haha

The Incredible Hulk
12-13-08, 3:58 am
Man nice heavy high volume work singling out the arm part like that bro. hang tight with the schooling man. It's gotta be done.

Hg

Thanks Hg! Seems like splitting my arms up like that with high volume is the only thing that'll get em to grow. I'm definitely tryin to hang in there with school, next week is when it all goes down we'll see how well I'm really prepared...

Seem to be a bit bigger then your average bear. Ill stick around to see this shit unfold.

Lol, not quite bro, but I will be someday :). But thanks for stopping in and glad to have ya on board!

Moving some nice weight for being such a young buck. Knock out those school tests.

Thanks big dog, hopefully one day I'll be able to put up your kinda numbers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took last night (Thursday night) off in hopes that I could get my sleep schedule back on track, I slept for about 7 hours when I got home from class and then only got about 3 at night. Fuck. Oh well, I slept most of the day after class today and felt really well rested to get in the gym and hit some DELTS tonight!

Watched this a few times before I left....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRYwOPLR71g
I don't usually go for posing vids, but IMO this has got to be the best physique ever to be shown on stage, and that's pretty fuckin motivating.....

Remember in my first training log I mentioned that I'm still coming back from a torn labrum, and I've been itchin to start pressing with freeweights again so I figured tonight was as good a night as any, just had to take it light and be careful....

Seated Military BB press SUPERSET with DB side laterals
135 x 25 --> 30s x 20 (w/u)
225 x 15 --> 50s x 12 (Shoulder felt OK, not great, wanted to give it another go)
225 x 10 --> 50s x 10 (Start to feel a little bit of snap crackle pop on this set, call me a pussy but I took this as a sign that maybe I'm not quite ready yet, especially with a joint like the shoulder where so many things can get fucked up....so I switched to smith machine presses for my last two sets)
315 x 7 --> 60s x 8
315 x 6 --> 60s x 8 dropset to 30s to failure

DB front raises
4 sets w/ 30s x 12

Hit the Pec Dec for rear delt flys
4 sets w/ 3/4 stack x 10-12

Wide Grip Upright rows SUPERSET with side lateral machine
135 x 10-8 --> 1/2 stack x 10-8 (For all four sets)

DB shrugs
6 sets of 130s x 15

Damn. Not happy with how things started with the barbell press tonight, but I'm never gonna get some Levrone delts if I let shit like that get me down; after that second set my intensity through the rest of the workout was sky high and I ended up moving through everything a lot quicker than normal. Overall it was a good sesh tonight. Now hopefully I'll be able to get some solid sleep...

scals
12-13-08, 11:35 am
Yo bro you're putting up ridiculous numbers everywhere. 3 pies on military press. Sick shit. Biceps and triceps this week were awesome too.

Angelwrath
12-13-08, 1:33 pm
shit ... you're one big dude

pedraza
12-13-08, 1:36 pm
Thanks Hg! Seems like splitting my arms up like that with high volume is the only thing that'll get em to grow. I'm definitely tryin to hang in there with school, next week is when it all goes down we'll see how well I'm really prepared...

Lol, not quite bro, but I will be someday :). But thanks for stopping in and glad to have ya on board!

Thanks big dog, hopefully one day I'll be able to put up your kinda numbers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took last night (Thursday night) off in hopes that I could get my sleep schedule back on track, I slept for about 7 hours when I got home from class and then only got about 3 at night. Fuck. Oh well, I slept most of the day after class today and felt really well rested to get in the gym and hit some DELTS tonight!

Watched this a few times before I left....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRYwOPLR71g
I don't usually go for posing vids, but IMO this has got to be the best physique ever to be shown on stage, and that's pretty fuckin motivating.....

Remember in my first training log I mentioned that I'm still coming back from a torn labrum, and I've been itchin to start pressing with freeweights again so I figured tonight was as good a night as any, just had to take it light and be careful....

Seated Military BB press SUPERSET with DB side laterals
135 x 25 --> 30s x 20 (w/u)
225 x 15 --> 50s x 12 (Shoulder felt OK, not great, wanted to give it another go)
225 x 10 --> 50s x 10 (Start to feel a little bit of snap crackle pop on this set, call me a pussy but I took this as a sign that maybe I'm not quite ready yet, especially with a joint like the shoulder where so many things can get fucked up....so I switched to smith machine presses for my last two sets)
315 x 7 --> 60s x 8
315 x 6 --> 60s x 8 dropset to 30s to failure

DB front raises
4 sets w/ 30s x 12

Hit the Pec Dec for rear delt flys
4 sets w/ 3/4 stack x 10-12

Wide Grip Upright rows SUPERSET with side lateral machine
135 x 10-8 --> 1/2 stack x 10-8 (For all four sets)

DB shrugs
6 sets of 130s x 15

Damn. Not happy with how things started with the barbell press tonight, but I'm never gonna get some Levrone delts if I let shit like that get me down; after that second set my intensity through the rest of the workout was sky high and I ended up moving through everything a lot quicker than normal. Overall it was a good sesh tonight. Now hopefully I'll be able to get some solid sleep...

do you prefure seated mil presses over standing mil press?

Hoomgar
12-13-08, 2:01 pm
Gotta do it smart my young brother. You wont get anywhere is you keep rippin yourself up so good on ya for using your head and switching gears when you felt the need. The numbers looked good to me man. Back into it, slow and steady FTW!

Hg

firsthorseman97
12-13-08, 4:21 pm
Gotta do it smart my young brother. You wont get anywhere is you keep rippin yourself up so good on ya for using your head and switching gears when you felt the need. The numbers looked good to me man. Back into it, slow and steady FTW!

Hg

X2. I'm with Hg 100%. Keep up the hard work bro.

diesel1976
12-13-08, 5:44 pm
NICE numbers on the shoulders. Shit I better get a move on getting my 405 military, you are right there too.

Psycho77
12-13-08, 11:42 pm
Holy sh*t. Your pushing seriously high numbers. 315 on OH......ah just a dream for me at this point. Great work there Hulk.

The Incredible Hulk
12-14-08, 3:05 am
Yo bro you're putting up ridiculous numbers everywhere. 3 pies on military press. Sick shit. Biceps and triceps this week were awesome too.

Thanks Scals, just tryin to get a little bit stronger day by day...

shit ... you're one big dude

Lol, thanks bro, I'm gettin there....oh and I musta missed your earlier question about my decision to use Stak and Test despite my age, lol and unfortunately I don't really have a good answer for ya. I just wanted to try em to see if I could get anything out of it. I figured it couldn't hurt and worst case scenario was that I'd be out a couple bucks if it didn't work, but lucky for me I did see some good strength gains and my intensity was kicked up a couple notches. If you wanna try something, a lotta times its worth it to just hit it for yourself despite what other people may say....I didn't get to where I am today by listening to everything that people told me :)

do you prefure seated mil presses over standing mil press?

I used to do a lot of standing military press, but I've began to phase it out in favor of seated. I feel like the seated press is a little more isolated; I always found myself giving too much leg drive when doing them standing, but to each his own.

Hg

X2. I'm with Hg 100%. Keep up the hard work bro.

Thanks fellas, I've noticed both of you know a lot about training smart so it makes me feel better to know that you guys approved of the changeup. No worries though guys, I'll be back to those freeweights before you know it :)

NICE numbers on the shoulders. Shit I better get a move on getting my 405 military, you are right there too.

Lol, thanks big man I don't think I'm quite on par with your kinda overhead strength, hopefully it can serve as some motivation to you knowin that you got a little kid on your tail. Lol, I got no doubt you'll throw that 405 up very soon though boss.

Holy sh*t. Your pushing seriously high numbers. 315 on OH......ah just a dream for me at this point. Great work there Hulk.

Thanks Psy, I don't wanna take too much credit for it seeing as it was on the smith, but regardless, it always feels good to throw some big weight up over my head :)

__________________________________________________ ____________________

After another day spent in the library with my physics book (still trying to figure out why an Exercise Physiology/Pre-PT major needs to know physics), I couldn't wait to tear down the gym. Watched the back session from "A Week in the Dungeon" to get my mind right and then off to the gym I went...

Underhand Pulldowns
1/2 stack x 30 (w/u)
3 sets w/ the stack for 10 reps

Hit a few sets with the lying hammy curl to get warmed up for deads...

Deadlifts
225 x 12
315 x 12
405 x 10
500 x 8
545 x 4.5 (Even with straps, my fuckin grip keeps failing before my back does. Lame.)

Did my DB rows face down on an incline bench...
4 sets w/ the 130s x 8 each arm

Hammer Strength High Row
2 ppps x 15
3 pps x 12
4 pps x 10
4 pps x 10
5 pps x 6

Cable Pullovers
3 sets of 12

Hyperextensions
BW + 45 x 10
BW + 45 x 10

Finished off with some good ol bent over rows
135 x 15
225 x 12
315 x 8
315 x 7

Done. Put in a lotta work tonight and although my pump was starting to wear off towards the end I knew I was definitely forcing some growth with this session. Gotta do something about that damn grip though, maybe sneak some chalk in. Oh well, I got ground turkey to cook and the books are calling my name....

The Sun
12-14-08, 3:31 am
holy shit thats some heavy deads there ... 545 x5 omg

pedraza
12-14-08, 7:23 am
hulk do you prefer seated over standing mil presses?

Psycho77
12-14-08, 10:30 am
[QUOTE=The Incredible Hulk;588071]I didn't get to where I am today by listening to everything that people told me :)

I like this bro. Sometimes, we just gotta do things and learn from experience.

Thanks Psy, I don't wanna take too much credit for it seeing as it was on the smith, but regardless, it always feels good to throw some big weight up over my head :)

Nah man, its a good job smith or not. Heavy is heavy in my book. Having that much over your head is just something that everyone in the iron game has to experience at least once.

Psycho77
12-14-08, 10:39 am
Underhand Pulldowns
1/2 stack x 30 (w/u)
3 sets w/ the stack for 10 reps

Hit a few sets with the lying hammy curl to get warmed up for deads...

Deadlifts
225 x 12
315 x 12
405 x 10
500 x 8
545 x 4.5 (Even with straps, my fuckin grip keeps failing before my back does. Lame.)

Did my DB rows face down on an incline bench...
4 sets w/ the 130s x 8 each arm

Hammer Strength High Row
2 ppps x 15
3 pps x 12
4 pps x 10
4 pps x 10
5 pps x 6

Cable Pullovers
3 sets of 12

Hyperextensions
BW + 45 x 10
BW + 45 x 10

Finished off with some good ol bent over rows
135 x 15
225 x 12
315 x 8
315 x 7

Strong back day Hulk. 545 on deads is just a sick number.

ForearmFreak
12-14-08, 1:32 pm
Saw this journey and damn bro, you are moving some big numbers!!! I'm def. in for the ride!!

The Incredible Hulk
12-15-08, 2:21 am
hulk do you prefer seated over standing mil presses?

I used to do a lot of standing military press, but I've began to phase it out in favor of seated. I feel like the seated press is a little more isolated; I always found myself giving too much leg drive when doing them standing, but to each his own.

There ya go chief.

Strong back day Hulk. 545 on deads is just a sick number.

Thanks Psy, I was feelin those big time this morning though, I think I let my form get a little too sloppy when I started to lose my grip...

Saw this journey and damn bro, you are moving some big numbers!!! I'm def. in for the ride!!

Thanks Freak! Glad to have ya along! Btw, awesome pull; that shit came up like butter man.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Chest Day

Again I was training without a partner and I wasn't about to ask some random kid to spot me so for the second week in a row I'm prevented from going max weight to failure, fuck. No worries though, it was still a good night.....

Incline DB press
70s x many (w/u)
100s x 15
115s x 12
130s x 12 -PR-
110s x 12

Flat BB bench
225 x 15
315 x 8
315 x 8
315 x 7 dropset to 225 to failure

Incline DB flyes
50s x 12
60s x 12
70s x 12
90s x 9

HS press machine
1 pps x 30
2 pps x 20
3 pps x 15

Cable Crossovers
4 sets of 8-10 reps

Dips
4 sets of BW x 12

Few thoughts...
-Damn, found out I can't start a workout with incline DB presses anymore as 130s are the heaviest we got and the 12 rep range is waaaaay too high for my heaviest set. Felt pretty good to get that PR though.
-Found myself doing a lot more reps than I had originally planned for almost every exercise, but I can't complain as the pump was amazing. Maybe a complete switch to volume training is in order...........

I'm gonna try and stop by in everyone's journey tonight but I kinda wanna get some good rest as I kick off finals week tomorrow morning with my physics exam. Fuckin joy.

scals
12-15-08, 2:28 am
Sick numbers for sick reps bro. Nice job.

The Sun
12-15-08, 8:51 am
lol I can't row a 130 so you press those? crazy mofo.
awesome work bro.

firsthorseman97
12-15-08, 9:36 am
Your past two workouts look strong like always. You move some big weight on your deadlift. Do you do anything specific to build up your grip strength?

Congrats on the PR on incline DB. Nothing wrong with mixing it up with some high reps now and then.

jayanticoli
12-15-08, 10:49 am
where did you come from ?

LittleMan55
12-15-08, 11:06 am
where did you come from ?

Planet Freak!

You Hulk, way to tear the gym up even during finals!

Sick looking deads and great job on the PR on DB inclines...

Hoomgar
12-15-08, 11:08 am
Thanks fellas, I've noticed both of you know a lot about training smart so it makes me feel better to know that you guys approved of the changeup. No worries though guys, I'll be back to those freeweights before you know it :)

Learned what I know from the pro's on this board bro. Credit goes to guys like BigAnt, Big Al, G Diesel, NaturalGuy, McFly, the list goes on and on...

Try lifting without straps for as long as you can man. Go until you are sure you are going to drop the bar and then bring the straps in to get your heavy sets. Do you do any BB or DB wrist curls? They work great to rehab the forearms after you have hit your grip extra hard. I found i could not bring up my grip strength until I took care of my forearm tendons and likewise, when I started taking care of them the grip strength just automatically started coming up for me. No way near what you do but it is relevant to the lifter...

Again I was training without a partner and I wasn't about to ask some random kid to spot me so for the second week in a row I'm prevented from going max weight to failure, fuck. No worries though, it was still a good night.....

130s x 12 -PR-

Congrats on the PR man. Training without a good spotter you can trust sucks. I know it all too well. Do it almost every week :|

Hg

Hg

JustJ
01-06-09, 1:16 am
Wow. You are looking massive and putting up insane numbers! I don't know whether to quit lifting or just use it as inspiration to get stronger and bigger! Nice work. Hopefully if we a NorCal meet going I can get some knowledge from you and the other guys on here