PDA

View Full Version : Is my current diet enough for putting on muscle?

dreamBIG
12-05-08, 8:01 am
Here is what I have ate the past 2 days and maybe you guys can judge if this is enough for putting muscle on?

Wednesday:
Meal 1:Milk, Smooth(like 8 fruits in there), Waffles
Meal 2: Bagel (wheat), apple, 2 cookies, chips
Meal 3: Footlong Tuna Sub, with banana peppers, olives, tomatoes, onions, green papers, and etc. With 2 glasses milk and 2 banana's
Meal 4: 4 boiled eggs, 3 bowls of yogurt, 1 bowl salad, 1 wheat bagel with penut butter chucky, 2 glasses milk.

Thursday:
Meal 1: Ceral
Meal 3: 2 Bowls of Raman Noodle, Bread, 1 Glass Milk
Meal 4: 6inch Tuna Sub with same veggies, 1 glasses milk,

I don't know much about dieting and eating the foods that help your muscles grow.

If anyone could direct me to a diet or help me understand what foods I need to eat to help me out.

jayanticoli
12-05-08, 8:31 am
you need to lose all the bread...you need more meat..chicken..instead of bread for crbs eat brown rice and baked potatoes and you should be getting 4 whole meals down a day atleast in addition to like 2 shakes....
Here is what I have ate the past 2 days and maybe you guys can judge if this is enough for putting muscle on?

Wednesday:
Meal 3: Footlong Tuna Sub, with banana peppers, olives, tomatoes, onions, green papers, and etc. With 2 glasses milk and 2 banana's
Meal 4: 4 boiled eggs, 3 bowls of yogurt, 1 bowl salad, 1 wheat bagel with penut butter chucky, 2 glasses milk.

Thursday:

I don't know much about dieting and eating the foods that help your muscles grow.

If anyone could direct me to a diet or help me understand what foods I need to eat to help me out.

widdlewade44
12-05-08, 8:34 am
Eat every 2-3 hours.

Kevin
widdlewade44

rayzer27
12-05-08, 9:45 am
you need to lose all the bread...you need more meat..chicken..instead of bread for crbs eat brown rice and baked potatoes and you should be getting 4 whole meals down a day atleast in addition to like 2 shakes....

Couldn't have said it better myself..id also save the cookies for cheat meals and get rid of those chips, they ain't gonna help you too much..add in some red meats (beef,steak) and what wade said try to eat every 2-3 hours and your on your way to gaining some muscle

Big Wides
12-05-08, 9:56 am
I would try something like this:

Meal 1 - 4 whole eggs, 6 egg whites, 1 cup oats
Meal 2 - 6-8 oz of chicken or beef, 1 cup rice, 1/2 cup mixed veggies
Meal 3 - 6-8 oz of a dead animal or fish, 1 large tater
Meal 4 - 6-8 oz of the above, 1 cup pasta, 1/2 cup broc
Meal 5 - Shake or meal 2, 3, 4
Meal 6 - 6-8 oz beef or 8 whole eggs, maybe some PB

Eat these meals 2.5-3 hours apart from each other, it will ensure that you will have a steady supply of nutrients running through your system to help repair your muscles and give you fuel for your next session. It may seem like a lot of food, and it is. It will take your body sometime to get used to it, and you will feel bloated as all hell. But this is the true battle of adding size, getting in mass amounts of nutrients and calories to provide an anabolic enviroment to build upon

Aggression
12-05-08, 11:01 am

Eat these meals 2.5-3 hours apart from each other, it will ensure that you will have a steady supply of nutrients running through your system to help repair your muscles and give you fuel for your next session. It may seem like a lot of food, and it is. It will take your body sometime to get used to it, and you will feel bloated as all hell. But this is the true battle of adding size, getting in mass amounts of nutrients and calories to provide an anabolic enviroment to build upon

No better way to say it ... Use this as your outline and build up to it.

pmug0000
12-05-08, 12:42 pm
No your current diet most definitely is not putting on muscle. Big Wides gave you some solid advice: protein, starchy carbs, and fibrous carbs should be in every meal, except maybe cut starchy carbs at the last meal if you are worried about fat gain.

Universal Rep
12-05-08, 12:45 pm

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Only you can judge brother... Try it out and see what happens. Have ya run a total on how many cals your gettin a day?

stumblin54
12-05-08, 4:29 pm
Have ya run a total on how many cals your gettin a day?

It's not much. Ramen noodles are empty, as is cereal. You need to be eating calorie dense foods with a lot of protein, carbs, and good fats. Read around the diet section, read diet articles at animalpak.com, and pick up books on nutrition if you can. From there it will come easy to you.

Stumblin

dreamBIG
12-05-08, 4:45 pm

I am going to be starting this diet. Thanks for all the help guys, I see what I was doing wrong now.

widdlewade44
12-07-08, 8:01 pm
I am going to be starting this diet. Thanks for all the help guys, I see what I was doing wrong now.

Cool brother, let us know how it works out. Mr. Wides knows his stuff!

Kevin
widdlewade44