PDA

View Full Version : Losing the love for food

phlex_ing
12-05-08, 12:42 pm
Hey Bros it’s winter and I’m in my bulking phase and every year I run in to the same problem. I love food but when you have to eat this much I lose my desire to eat, I just don’t seem to have a taste for any food, I make my self eat what I need to but I don’t enjoy food when I am at this point in my bulking stage. Have ya’ll run in to this problem and if so how do you over come it?

Universal Rep
12-05-08, 12:43 pm
Hey Bros it’s winter and I’m in my bulking phase and every year I run in to the same problem. I love food but when you have to eat this much I lose my desire to eat, I just don’t seem to have a taste for any food, I make my self eat what I need to but I don’t enjoy food when I am at this point in my bulking stage. Have any of ya’ll run in to this problem and if so how do you over come it?

It comes with the territory brother. We've all been there... You just gotta keep going, no two ways about it. Anyone can lift, but the fork is what separates the men from the boys...

Aggression
12-05-08, 1:04 pm
Hey Bros it’s winter and I’m in my bulking phase and every year I run in to the same problem. I love food but when you have to eat this much I lose my desire to eat, I just don’t seem to have a taste for any food, I make my self eat what I need to but I don’t enjoy food when I am at this point in my bulking stage. Have ya’ll run in to this problem and if so how do you over come it?

Yeah it happens bro. The one positive thing about bulking is that you can get creative with your meals. Recently I've been having 8oz ground beef, 6oz whole-grain pasta and some homemade tomato sauce. It's awesome. Search the diet recipe threads in there bro. You'll find some ways to make otherwise bland foods taste good. You think eating during a bulk is hard? Ever try a pre-contest diet? Now THAT is tough.

stumblin54
12-05-08, 4:26 pm
Read articles on how to spice foods up, look at pictures of the great bodybuilders past and present, and just find anything that inspires you to keep truckin'. It's tough but you have to eat big and smart if you want to grow. If you can't deal with it, well, you know...

Stumblin

calcaneous
12-05-08, 6:40 pm
I just eat when im hungry man. If i knew i might not get enough calories in, i eat some protein bars or down a shake here and there. Its easy to get a nice clean-600 calories in with real gains.

pmug0000
12-05-08, 7:16 pm
I'm going through this myself and it's a bitch. 6 times a day I find myself saying, "Fuck I need to eat again?" But you just need to suck it up and chow down.

futurefreak101
12-05-08, 7:23 pm
i have never cut so i wouldnt know what thats like..but i can tell you all about bulking...home made gainer shakes which can easily amount to 800-1,000 calories..protein bars...natural peanut butter sandwhiches on whole wheat bread with a shit ton of peanut butter....things like that are high in calories so you wont have to worry about eating as much..as if you were eating say grilled chicken and white rice...

dyskee
12-06-08, 2:02 pm
don't force it in. if u feel the need for food eat , if u don't slam down a shake. build up gradually if u go from eating 2000cals to 4000cals u'll be sick , fat and miserable . the more mass u have the more cals u'll need the more u will be hungry. so no need to eat what 300lb man eats when u weigh 200lbs

Merat
12-06-08, 4:02 pm
I had this issue at first,but I remind my self constantly that this is what I signed up for, I want it and whats worth having wont come easy to you so just got to suck it up and eat like a bad motherfucker! Now i break through the theshold and shove that fork in my mouth...

MojoMike36
12-06-08, 4:33 pm
Its funny that this thread is up. I'm losing my zest for food and I'm about 2 weeks into my bulk. Thats about how long it took for eating became work instead of fun the first time I bulked so no biggie.

Just wanted to say that it happens to all of us.

priority
12-07-08, 3:36 pm
hey guys,
just thought id give you all a good idea ive heard works for many, including myself.
to keep your zest for food, have one day a week where you eat substantially less than normal. keep the protein high, but evrything else low. this will get you hunger back the next day, but it also helps keep you lean.

born0withno0soul
12-07-08, 3:51 pm
we all get sick of eating certain foods or certains diets, put completing the goal is what seperates the winners from the losers