PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Workout / Post-Workout

THE AHJ
12-05-08, 6:43 pm
Sup Fellas,

I've been using Animal Pump for about a month and a half now and love it, however I use to train in the evening and take the Pump 2 hours after a meal. I've since changed my workout times and now train at 4 in the morning and I need some advice on how to take my Pump since I've read on the FORVM that you should never train on an empty stomach, and on that same note I've read that any food intake should be taken as far out as possible before consuming the Pump. I've tried getting up an hour early to take in some food before I take the Pump but it screws up the rest of my day and end up falling asleep during work. I dislike heading to the gym in the evening because of all the BS and train early morning alongside guys who love the sport and pay their dues. If there's any advice you can provide me its much appreciated.

Also as I near the end of my stock of the Animal Pump, I'd like to try out some other kick ass products from Universal such as Shock Therapy and Torrent. I wanted to see if I could get some feedback from the FORVM on how YOU take these supplements. Simple things like; is Shock Therapy more forgiving as far as food consumption before taking it, or is there an extended period of time before I can take it? Torrent, is there a time window I can take this product after a workout? Does it eliminate the need of a Post Workout Whey Shake? How long should I wait after taking this supplement before having a real meal?

If there's any advice you can provide me I'd like to hear it.

Thanks in Advance,

-THE AHJ

getapump
12-05-08, 7:17 pm
I think getting in a solid food meal prior to the morning workout would be more important than worrying about taking the Pump on an empty stomach. I used to take pump a half hour before lifting and tight after 30 a meal. I thought it worked fine and ur stomach should never be truly empty if u can help it neway. Shock therapy- love it. Pump was ok 4 me, but shock therapy is waht im sold on preworkout. i take it 20-30 mins before lifting and i think as long as it falls in that time frame ull be fine. Now torrent. fuck so many ways to do it. ill tell ya 3. the most expensive way, and i would say most productive way is to do it like tiny says in the pros section. i ve done it for awhile and get some nasty pumps. essentially its 3 scoops pre, and 6 scoops intraworkout. pricey ya, but... it works. thats one way. ive also done it where i started sipping torrent about 20 mins before the end of my workout and had it gone by my last set. then id down some whey or eaa's. the last way would be to do it as directed and guzzle a serving down when you are done lifting. you can get as creative with it as you choose, and im sure there will be many more suggestions, but i feel any of these will work out nicely. and btw if there were only one supplement i could take it would be torrent. love the stuff, buy yourself a tub and run through that shit for awhile. im sure u wont be disappointed.

THE AHJ
12-05-08, 7:27 pm
Thanks for the advice, I will try option #2 as my pockets aren't that deep to be guzzling 9 scoops a day. So I should be fine with having a small meal prior to taking Shock Therapy say 30 mins before?

getapump
12-05-08, 7:56 pm
I think that you will be fine with the whole meal thing before. oatmeal would be the ideal carb choice i think. And ya the only reason i can afford #1 is bc i only train 3 days a week usuallyand im a tight bastard so i always have a few extra bucks to throw at supps if need be. give it a try man, or wait and see if u like anybody elses ideas better. let me know what u choose n how it goes. im out.