PDA

View Full Version : NJ Strong and Shapely 12-6-08

naturalguy
12-06-08, 9:40 pm
Many thanks to Bob Bonham and Strong and Shapely gym for hosting this event. Special thanks goes to Vinny Galanti for setting it up. We had the largest turnout ever and speaking of large, if you were there you saw how large Evan looks right now.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/NJ%20ABC/NJABC12-6-08069.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/NJ%20ABC/NJABC12-6-08070.jpg

The seminar (and food) that we had after was a great experience. It's an awesome opportunity to get to pick the brains of the champions like Vinny, Evan BigAl and BigAnt. A great day indeed and I am fired up for my own journey. Here are all the pics that I took, I know there are others so post them in this thread:

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/NJ%20ABC/?start=0

deanna7272
12-06-08, 9:41 pm
The good, the bad, and the ugly, I posted them ALL... I hope I got at least one of everyone there, if I missed you, I apologize!!

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/JERSEY%20ABC%20Dec%206/

Enjoy!!!

Mc Buffin
12-06-08, 9:57 pm
Great photos. Great workout

MELTDOWN
12-06-08, 10:03 pm
[QUOTE=naturalguy;581145]Many thanks to Bob Bonham and Strong and Shapely gym for hosting this event. Special thanks goes to Vinny Galanti for setting it up. We had the largest turnout ever and speaking of large, if you were there you saw how large Evan looks right now.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/NJ%20ABC/NJABC12-6-08069.jpg

good bulk going on big E....

Themostocles
12-06-08, 10:33 pm
The good, the bad, and the ugly, I posted them ALL... I hope I got at least one of everyone there, if I missed you, I apologize!!

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/JERSEY%20ABC%20Dec%206/

Enjoy!!!

That is an awesome looking gym! I don't have a clue who most of those people were, but they were doing work and looking huge. -T.

naturalguy
12-07-08, 7:45 am
BigAnt doing sissy squats yesterday at the ABC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiLcco7m788

deanna7272
12-07-08, 9:52 am
Great video. NG!! Those sissy squats were no joke and Big Ant rocked them!

jer
12-07-08, 9:55 am
Great pix Eric and D.

Some body help Vinny get his pics up. lol

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-07-08, 10:25 am
Awesome pics, Thanx natural guy and Deanna!

i think in every picture i am in i'm either eating food or looking at it lol!

deanna7272
12-07-08, 10:34 am
That is an awesome looking gym! I don't have a clue who most of those people were, but they were doing work and looking huge. -T.

It definitely is an awesome gym with a history and atmosphere to match...

Enforcer
12-07-08, 2:55 pm
I had a blast yesterday everyone. It was good to see the old faces and meet some new ones. Evan was looking large, my boy G, Wides, and Tek were putting up some serious numbers on bench, Big Ant, Joey D, and Vinny were blasting legs, my boy Joey, Punisher, and myself were slamming shoulders, and NG was taking the photos and getting his arm swell on. D Im glad you had fun and can go back home with memories to last you a life time. Pizzalamp its about time I met u face to face bro, keep holding it down and training hard. To everyone else, thanx for coming out and making this an ABC for the ages. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

G Diesel
12-07-08, 5:37 pm
It was a blast and an honor to be around so many great and dedicated athletes... Ox at 314 and Big Al at 3 bills + with the Delaware freaks, Big Ant and Joey D reppin Philly, Vinny G just being Vinny G, my boys big Enforcer, Punisher, BazookaJoe, Chuck, Travis... Pizza and Jer from CT, Hoomgar always in the house and Deanna making a big haul to get there... Training with Wides and Tek who were simply built to move big weight--I could never get weak training around cats like them. My dawg NG makes the whole thing go 'round and his enthusiasm alone makes me proud to be involved. The ABCs are official and they are here to stay. I feel very lucky to be a part of it. Thank you to you all. Peace, G

TylerC
12-07-08, 5:47 pm
Ox is at 314?? damn, I thought he looked around 280 or 290 but 314 is huge. When is Ox planning on competing again?

T. Kemble
12-07-08, 6:52 pm
it was a real good time and good seeing everyone again before the holidays. As usual training with G and Wides leaves me sore for days. We really established a brotherhood with the ABC's especially in Jersey where it all started. Stay safe and healthy everyone

naturalguy
12-07-08, 7:00 pm
Ox is at 314?? damn, I thought he looked around 280 or 290 but 314 is huge. When is Ox planning on competing again?

He was all of 300 + and looking LARGE. He is making his pro debut at the NY Pro in May.

dvsness
12-08-08, 1:52 pm
Nice shots. I hope to make it next time! :)

Universal Rep
12-08-08, 1:55 pm
Solid session. What was for the eats?

Vinny G
12-08-08, 2:38 pm
i just spoke with bob bonham from strong and shapely.

the official head count............78 FREAKIN ANIMALS SHOWED UP.

Vinny G
12-08-08, 2:39 pm
Solid session. What was for the eats?

we had good food, sandwitches and stuff.

i went out and got some more wraps and fruit platters....good thing because it was needed.

and Big Ant brought the official ANIMAL TOMATO PIE

bdb1513
12-08-08, 2:45 pm
we had good food, sandwitches and stuff.

i went out and got some more wraps and fruit platters....good thing because it was needed.

and Big Ant brought the official ANIMAL TOMATO PIE

That tomato pie was good shit! and when you getting those pics up Vinny? haha

Hoomgar
12-08-08, 2:49 pm
Man what a day. Hoaky crap have I ever gotten fat! Not too crazy about how I look in those pics. Gotta dial it in a bit man.

Way to many freaks in the house that day. No way you could catch up with them all.

Hg

deanna7272
12-08-08, 2:52 pm
Man what a day. Hoaky crap have I ever gotten fat! Not too crazy about how I look in those pics. Gotta dial it in a bit man.

Way to many freaks in the house that day. No way you could catch up with them all.

Hg

Here's the deal Hg.... We'll get an update pic at the Cage, lean and mean... big and bad... (I'll be the LEAN AND MEAN one, K???)

Enforcer
12-08-08, 3:04 pm

Damn, what a great turnout. Next time we have to shoot for 100

Vinny G
12-08-08, 3:05 pm
Damn, what a great turnout. Next time we have to shoot for 100

i like challenges

Hoomgar
12-08-08, 3:10 pm
Here's the deal Hg.... We'll get an update pic at the Cage, lean and mean... big and bad... (I'll be the LEAN AND MEAN one, K???)

You will have to go as big and bad too D LOL! The Cage isn't in the budget this year. Feels like a kid missing Christmas to me but I can't make it :(

i like challenges

We seen that with you, we've also seen how you answer those challenges Vinny.

Mc Buffin
12-08-08, 3:47 pm
It was a great experience. I am definately more motivated now into building my size up. Thanks to everyone that set this up.

diesel1976
12-09-08, 10:30 am
Y'alll are some freaky big mutants! Inspiring to look at, to say the least.

Big C
12-10-08, 4:48 pm
Definately a kick-ass session by the looks of it. Some big boys and girls over there on the east coast. You guys did it big for sure.

Mc Buffin
12-10-08, 4:50 pm
So when's the next one? Can't wait. We should have and ABC every month at Strong and Shapely

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 4:53 pm
So when's the next one? Can't wait. We should have and ABC every month at Strong and Shapely

Missed meeting you bro. Is there a pic with you in it?

Hg

Mc Buffin
12-10-08, 4:54 pm
Yeah I am wearing the gray shirt and glasses curling.

naturalguy
12-10-08, 4:58 pm

We most likely won't have one every month in New Jersey but there is a long island event on Jan. 4th and a CT event on Jan. 10th both of which are kind of local.

We do have plans for more NJ events but they will be at other gyms although I am sure we will rotate back to Strong & Shapely again.

We are kicking around the idea of hitting the Muscle Mill which is in Milltown and we need to get to Apollon gym in Edison also. Those will be hit up early 2009.

Mc Buffin
12-10-08, 5:01 pm
We most likely won't have one every month in New Jersey but there is a long island event on Jan. 4th and a CT event on Jan. 10th both of which are kind of local.

We do have plans for more NJ events but they will be at other gyms although I am sure we will rotate back to Strong & Shapely again.

We are kicking around the idea of hitting the Muscle Mill which is in Milltown and we need to get to Apollon gym in Edison also. Those will be hit up early 2009.

Ok that's cool.

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 5:02 pm
Yeah I am wearing the gray shirt and glasses curling.

I'll check it out.

Sweet!

G Diesel
12-10-08, 5:05 pm

Both great gyms and definitely ABC worthy... We've gotta get back down to South Jerz as well. Atilis in Wildwood is no joke and you know Brigantine/AC is a must post-Arnold. Peace, G

JUGGERNAUT
12-10-08, 5:09 pm
I missed a good one.

Enforcer
12-11-08, 9:05 am

Both great gyms and definitely ABC worthy... We've gotta get back down to South Jerz as well. Atilis in Wildwood is no joke and you know Brigantine/AC is a must post-Arnold. Peace, G

Diamond Gym in Maplewood is another must post-Arnold. There def is going to be some nice ABC events in NJ in coming months, so be on teh look out.

ForearmFreak
12-11-08, 9:22 am

did you post those pics that you took with your camera yet?

T. Kemble
12-11-08, 3:08 pm
Diamond Gym in Maplewood is another must post-Arnold. There def is going to be some nice ABC events in NJ in coming months, so be on teh look out.

Dont forget another SKIBAS June/July'ish!

Vinny G
12-11-08, 3:11 pm
did you post those pics that you took with your camera yet?

no sorry...i dont have the capability to post pictures here.

and i feel i'm annoying everyone who i get to post pics for me.

Enforcer
12-11-08, 3:12 pm
Dont forget another SKIBAS June/July'ish!

U gonna be done with the academy then?

T. Kemble
12-11-08, 7:40 pm
U gonna be done with the academy then?

hellls yeah bro il be getting ready for a show either powerlifting or strongman, i havent decided which yet.. how skinny i graduate from the academy is going to determine that. but it was good catching up the other day, glad to hear things are on the right track for ya

Enforcer
12-12-08, 9:02 am
hellls yeah bro il be getting ready for a show either powerlifting or strongman, i havent decided which yet.. how skinny i graduate from the academy is going to determine that. but it was good catching up the other day, glad to hear things are on the right track for ya

Def was bro. Well best of luck with everything and you'll def have to keep me posted as to what show ur gonna do so we can get some of the Animals to come out and show some support

Hoomgar
12-12-08, 11:32 am
Def was bro. Well best of luck with everything and you'll def have to keep me posted as to what show ur gonna do so we can get some of the Animals to come out and show some support

x2, I'm down for a show of support if it is within my means. It was great to see you again Saturday tek. Glad you got to get a workout in man.

Hg