PDA

View Full Version : Snacks

mk53220
12-07-08, 12:17 am
I work pretty much in a truck so there is no realy way on re-heating food. So what are some good benificial snacks I can pack and eat during my 12 hour shift. Thanks

SQUAT or DIE!
12-07-08, 12:49 am
shakes, almonds/peanuts, maybe a pb sandwich

futurefreak101
12-07-08, 6:22 am
you cant live off shakes almonds and peanuts on a 12 hour shift..it will hurt your gains and you will be fucking starving...you need some kind of real food..stop at a deli get 6 egg whites in a wrap with turkey and cheese....protein bars....natural peanut butter sandwhiches...cold pasta...

mk53220
12-07-08, 8:58 am
I usally been taking 2 shakes, pb and celery, davids sunflower seeds, 2 turkey sandwich and using cheese slices as my bread, and a apple. Also is it ok to have salted peanuts??

Big3
12-07-08, 11:20 am
beef jerkey
turkey jerkey
any nuts
milk cartons
wrap sandwiches

RhinoJoe
12-07-08, 11:23 am
Beef jerky

And lots of it

stumblin54
12-07-08, 3:36 pm
Also is it ok to have salted peanuts??

Those are fine unless you're prepping for a show and manipulating your sodium intake.

Stumblin

mk53220
12-07-08, 6:29 pm
Nope no shoe just trying to get energy from anything i can. Should I have pb sandwiches or just stick with the pb and celery??

J Wong
12-07-08, 6:41 pm
Heat up rice and chicken in a tupperware container before you go, and keep it stored in a bag. It should stay semi warm. Also the obvious- protein bars, protein powder, and even get those bottles of milk from walgreens.

mk53220
12-07-08, 7:04 pm
What are some decent healthy bars I could get?

shizz702
12-07-08, 7:25 pm
I personally like marathon bars. I work in a truck all day too, I always pack up a shit load of pb and j sandwiches on wheat, couple pieces of fruit, cashews, peanuts, protein bars, shakes, you can precook steak or chicken and rice, and wrap it up in tortillas, I do that sometimes too. Basically you can bring just about anything with you that will stay fresh and not spoil.

mk53220
12-07-08, 7:26 pm
Only thing is with the pb and j is the carbs from the bread and the sugars from the jelly?? Is that ok?

shizz702
12-07-08, 7:35 pm
Only thing is with the pb and j is the carbs from the bread and the sugars from the jelly?? Is that ok?

yea if you are bulking, or not worried about gaining weight.

ralf_snake
12-07-08, 7:36 pm
Universal Hi-Protein Bar

Fury317
12-07-08, 7:56 pm
Wait....hold on....am I reading some of this correctly? You aren't doing a show and youre eating celery and peanut butter and worried about carbs from bread. Are you fucking kidding me? I mean seriously now? If youre in a truck thats no problem. Cook your meals the night before, throw em in tupperware, adn eat them cold. We're talking steak, rice, potatos, chicken, eggs, milk, etc.

And as far as snakc go, please, on everything that is good and holy, get rid of the fucking celery and pb. Eat a big ass sandwhich WITH BREAD and meats and cheese and all that good stuff.

As long as you arent competing, dont hold back. Too many people worry about getting fat. Ya know what, thats what contest prep is for- LOSING THE FAT! Take in ample calories and let your body grow.

dragondad
12-07-08, 11:16 pm
Wait....hold on....am I reading some of this correctly? You aren't doing a show and youre eating celery and peanut butter and worried about carbs from bread. Are you fucking kidding me? I mean seriously now? If youre in a truck thats no problem. Cook your meals the night before, throw em in tupperware, adn eat them cold. We're talking steak, rice, potatos, chicken, eggs, milk, etc.

And as far as snakc go, please, on everything that is good and holy, get rid of the fucking celery and pb. Eat a big ass sandwhich WITH BREAD and meats and cheese and all that good stuff.

As long as you arent competing, dont hold back. Too many people worry about getting fat. Ya know what, thats what contest prep is for- LOSING THE FAT! Take in ample calories and let your body grow.

I agree, on the cook and take your meal part. I spend most of my day on the road. When its cold outside, the defroster works ok for warming my meals. Any other time, I need to piss about every 3 hours and at most gas stations have microwaves. I have never had anyone be a dick/bitch and tell me I could not use it. I also try and watch what I eat. Fat people once they have lost some weight are afraid of gaining it back. To which I can relate. I do eat as clean and as much as I can while I am on the road. I would ditch the worries of gaining and just eat as clean as you can, but in a heavy volume. Keep the celery for snacks between meals.

JMC
12-08-08, 12:00 am
Yeah, I'd say you just gotta get used to eating your food cold. I actually prefer it 9 times outta 10. Sometimes meat is a little tiring, eating it cold, but just cut it up and have plenty of water to wash that shit down.

Northman
12-08-08, 12:09 am
I've never had a problem with cottage cheese being out for a long time and I work 16hr shifts. Take a tub and mix in some PB and oats... TADA! a meal.

Aggression
12-08-08, 11:54 am
Here's an idea. Cook your meals ahead of time, and prep them the night before. When its time to eat on the road, just pull into a convenience store, 7-11, quick-e-mart, etc. Ask them if you could use their microwave. I have a convenience store by my house that will let people use their microwave. Befriend the people by going into the same place everyday to reheat your food, and it's all good from there ..

futurefreak101
12-08-08, 7:46 pm
to people that are saying eat a lot of beef jerkey..i would hold back on that...its LOADED with sodium..unlesss they sell like a low sodium i would not go eating bags of that every day plus that shits expensive haah

Big3
12-08-08, 9:56 pm
to people that are saying eat a lot of beef jerkey..i would hold back on that...its LOADED with sodium..unlesss they sell like a low sodium i would not go eating bags of that every day plus that shits expensive haah

I make my own jerkey with venison with little to no sodium. Also have 20lbs of bison jerky and 15lbs bear jerkey from a hunting expedition several years ago.... !!!

Northman
12-08-08, 10:33 pm
I make my own jerkey with venison with little to no sodium. Also have 20lbs of bison jerky and 15lbs bear jerkey from a hunting expedition several years ago.... !!!

If you have that much, spread the love!