PDA

View Full Version : avoiding metabolism food on a bulk

redskin 344
12-07-08, 12:06 pm
Is it okay to eat foods that could potenetially increase metabolism like fish oil and green tea on a bulk? If so im gonna have to eat even more calories right?

simpleguy
12-07-08, 12:14 pm
Is it okay to eat foods that could potenetially increase metabolism like fish oil and green tea on a bulk? If so im gonna have to eat even more calories right?

you're overthinking this, if anything the caloric expenditure is very mild from green tea -and fish oil doesn't boost metabolism... you could (and should) use them, fish oil to get your efas and green tea because it's rich in anti-oxidants

GJN5002
12-07-08, 12:18 pm

I agreaa, youre overthinking. If you were cutting for a show maybe you would acout fo rthe thermic effects of food but not a 17 yr old bulking. Just eat and watch the mirror and the scale maybe once a week, youll know if youre eating enough. Id worry more about how intense you are training. If you are training really hard for a long period of time then maybe you would bump up your food. There is an equation to determine calories burnt while lifting but it escapes me right now.

redskin 344
12-07-08, 12:53 pm
Yea I guess i was overhtinking it

But fish oil does increase metabolism. A study has shown that people who supplemented with it for a few weeks achieved a metabolic rate of 400 cals a day.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-07-08, 12:56 pm
Yea I guess i was overhtinking it

But fish oil does increase metabolism. A study has shown that people who supplemented with it for a few weeks achieved a metabolic rate of 400 cals a day.

so eat 400 more cals a day!

redskin 344
12-07-08, 1:02 pm

but on the other hand, fish oil also increases insulin sensitivity so i wont have to lol

rayzer27
12-07-08, 3:11 pm

HELL YEAH BRO

SQUAT or DIE!
12-07-08, 3:16 pm
but on the other hand, fish oil also increases insulin sensitivity so i wont have to lol

so now im confused, you want to know if its ok to eat this stuff cause it helps burn cals, but you say you dont have to eat more of it cause it spikes insulin.. just eat more damn cals!!!

redskin 344
12-07-08, 3:20 pm
ok man ill eat more cals

damn

SQUAT or DIE!
12-07-08, 3:22 pm
ok man ill eat more cals

damn

im not tryin to be a jackass.. im just confused about it, its possible it will reduce fat gain while bulking.. but i dont think those things will make a major difference in our diet.

redskin 344
12-07-08, 8:03 pm
im not tryin to be a jackass.. im just confused about it, its possible it will reduce fat gain while bulking.. but i dont think those things will make a major difference in our diet.

i know dude i was kidding lol

no harsh feelings

by the way just wanted to say, ur name gives me motivation. Im actually gonna start squatting hardcore tomorow for serious gains.

SQUAT or DIE!
12-07-08, 8:05 pm
i know dude i was kidding lol

no harsh feelings

by the way just wanted to say, ur name gives me motivation. Im actually gonna start squatting hardcore tomorow for serious gains.

lol i confuse easily, its ok..

glad i could help motivate, squat is the king of all exercises..