PDA

View Full Version : Protein shakes starting to give me upset stomach

rsjrv99
12-08-08, 3:29 pm
I just switched over to a cutting diet (ketosis) which has me drinking 3 protein shakes a day. I currently am using ON 100% Whey double rich chocolate and for the first week, everything was fine, but now the shakes are starting to give me upset stomachs. I'm not sure why, I have drank these shakes hundreds of times in the past, so why now? I don't want it to get to the point where i'm vomiting the stuff up

Aggression
12-08-08, 3:32 pm
I just switched over to a cutting diet (ketosis) which has me drinking 3 protein shakes a day. I currently am using ON 100% Whey double rich chocolate and for the first week, everything was fine, but now the shakes are starting to give me upset stomachs. I'm not sure why, I have drank these shakes hundreds of times in the past, so why now? I don't want it to get to the point where i'm vomiting the stuff up

Maybe you're stomach is just getting used to drinking 3 a day. Were you drinking that many before? Give it a few days to see what happens. If nothing improves, stop the shakes.

rsjrv99
12-08-08, 3:39 pm
I was only drinking one post-workout before, but the first week of the diet I was just fine

How come you always respond to my posts Aggression? Haha, the workout plan is working great btw, thanks for that

Giant Killer
12-08-08, 3:43 pm
How much water are you mixing with how many grams of powder?

Aggression
12-08-08, 3:46 pm
How come you always respond to my posts Aggression?

I roam the boards 24/7 bro, I'm everywhere haha.

rsjrv99
12-08-08, 3:47 pm
60.8g with 16-17oz of water (whole Blender shaker)

sanga
12-08-08, 3:58 pm
Add 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter with each shake.

Lud14
12-08-08, 3:59 pm
I would for sure add more water to that. I have the same problem sometimes with my wight gainer shakes. And since the shaker can only hold so much i would just split the powder between 2 shakers and add more H2O! The extra water intake won't be bad either.

rsjrv99
12-08-08, 4:14 pm
Add 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter with each shake.

I eat 1tbsp for the diet with the shake

I would for sure add more water to that. I have the same problem sometimes with my wight gainer shakes. And since the shaker can only hold so much i would just split the powder between 2 shakers and add more H2O! The extra water intake won't be bad either.

I'll try it! And yeah, those wieght gainer shakes are ridiculous. It's like 150g of powder for a serving? I can barely down half a serving!

sanga
12-08-08, 4:19 pm
You have a tbsn already of peanut butter,ok good, then go with more water, see if it works, if not ditch the protein for Universal Iso Whey, better product and tastes better in Vanilla IMO anyway.

simpleguy
12-09-08, 10:59 am
yeah I'm surprised nobody said it till the last post, maybe you don't tolerate lactose well, switch to an isolate such as Ultra Iso Whey

GJN5002
12-09-08, 11:51 am
prices of everything is up and some companies are starting to use inferior whey products to keep prices steady. maybe try a lactose free protein or add some fiber to your shakes

rsjrv99
12-09-08, 4:05 pm
Thing is i've never really had this problem before with shakes. Maybe I am having a lactose sensitivity since I got further into a cut?

And i'll try the fiber idea

Aggression
12-09-08, 4:35 pm
Thing is i've never really had this problem before with shakes. Maybe I am having a lactose sensitivity since I got further into a cut?

And i'll try the fiber idea

Bro you could take something for 10 years and never be effected by it. Then on the 11th year you could develop a condition. My neighbor ate seafood for years until one day his throat closed up. Turns out he developed an allergy for it.

Maybe try a different brand?

rsjrv99
12-09-08, 4:37 pm
Bro you could take something for 10 years and never be effected by it. Then on the 11th year you could develop a condition. My neighbor ate seafood for years until one day his throat closed up. Turns out he developed an allergy for it.

Maybe try a different brand?

from my research it looks like food allergy's are pretty common in people who consume a lot of the same thing. I'll see what i can do