PDA

View Full Version : I must be retarded

ShaqFu
12-08-08, 8:10 pm
Fellas,

I'm not a fan of keto, but I swear by the low-carb method for cutting. Works for me but that's just my opinion, but my thoughts could definitely apply to Keto people I'm sure (or for those on the Anabolic Diet).

Whenever I go low/no carb for an extended period, say 5-7 days, then carb up for a day or two, I actually feel like shit on m carb-up days. Anybody know why? After running on fat for a while I feel fucking awesome, but once I sneak a few cheat meals and carbs in on weekend, I feel like I have NO energy or anything. Why fucking carb up at all if I'm cutting well and I run fine on fat? Anybody experienced anything like this?
ShaqFu

GJN5002
12-08-08, 8:16 pm
try tapering back to one carb up meal. Youre body is basically confused because its running essentially on fat and suddenly you have an excess of carbs. I think it helps in keto to do like palumbo says and have it as the last meal of the day. So you go do bed and sleep and dont know if you feel funky and wake up with your body regulated.

mfl5027
12-08-08, 9:11 pm
You feel like shit after carbing up because ketones can produce "feel good" hormones and carbing up changes hormone levels.

There are two reasons why you NEED to carb up occasionally.
1. If you don't, you will die (but that takes a few months)
2. Occasional carb loading keeps your metabolism high (ketosis can lead to starvation mechanisms if you stay in that state too long)

GJN5002
12-09-08, 12:00 pm
You feel like shit after carbing up because ketones can produce "feel good" hormones and carbing up changes hormone levels.

2. Occasional carb loading keeps your metabolism high (ketosis can lead to starvation mechanisms if you stay in that state too long)

I disagree, you will not die after not eating carbs for a few months. Real life example: Lewis and clark went months at a time eating only game they found and killed and wrote about how wonderful they felt.

I agree on point 2.

simpleguy
12-09-08, 12:45 pm
that's veeery normal bro, you're used to running on fat, and then you add carbs which make you feel somewhat shitty... but despite that, carbing up has several benefits and imo you should do it once a week, say on a cheat meal

reason why you NEED to carb up occasionally.

LOOOL! are you serious? tell that to those 90-year old eskimos who've been living on no carbs for their whole lives and are way healthier then the average american

ShaqFu
12-09-08, 2:05 pm
thanks for the help fellas

NJC_Manhattan
12-09-08, 8:22 pm

Hmmm not sure I agree with point one... Pretty sure you won't die... point to the farmers diet (heavy cream, eggs, meat, butter), Native Americans pre corn,

Point 2 is pretty solid. Also, I talked with my nutritionist and Doctor, both are not fans of prolonged Ketosis. Both seem to think it can do serious damage to the kidneys, but in moderation (and lots of fuckin water) it can be beneficial.

krazyassmexican
12-11-08, 2:38 pm

i dont post here anymore, i came looking for pizzalamp and bobbymart, but this grabbed my attention

ketones dont produce feel good hormones, when you are on ketosis, your brain and body are used to burning fat for energy 24/7, if you have a day carb up or anything like that you will switch your body to glucose again, and if you go on ketosis again next day you are just confusin your brain about what kind of fuel to use

in the real world, you wont die in ketosis, technically you can live on ketosis without cheating, if you are afraid of your body's ph levels, all you need is apple cider vinegar, alkaline water or coral calcium/magnesium, the carb up meal is yeah a lil metabolism boost and to satisfy your cravings....

i think it was dr scott conelly who said a few days ago that humans can leave without carbs cuz excess protein produce the glucose needed for your body

GJN5002
12-11-08, 2:42 pm
i dont post here anymore, i came looking for pizzalamp and bobbymart, but this grabbed my attention

ketones dont produce feel good hormones, when you are on ketosis, your brain and body are used to burning fat for energy 24/7, if you have a day carb up or anything like that you will switch your body to glucose again, and if you go on ketosis again next day you are just confusin your brain about what kind of fuel to use

in the real world, you wont die in ketosis, technically you can live on ketosis without cheating, if you are afraid of your body's ph levels, all you need is apple cider vinegar, alkaline water or coral calcium/magnesium, the carb up meal is yeah a lil metabolism boost and to satisfy your cravings....

i think it was dr scott conelly who said a few days ago that humans can leave without carbs cuz excess protein produce the glucose needed for your body

Yep Connelly said it. Hes a big advocate of not needing carbs and that thye essentially are only good fo rmaking you fat. Interesting stuff.

krazyassmexican
12-11-08, 2:43 pm
Yep Connelly said it. Hes a big advocate of not needing carbs and that thye essentially are only good fo rmaking you fat. Interesting stuff.

there are only essencial aminoacids and essencial fats not essencial carbs, yes it is interesting sir

Lunatic001
12-11-08, 2:48 pm
KAM,

You are lying! lol...hit me up if you can!

krazyassmexican
12-11-08, 2:49 pm
KAM,

You are lying! lol...hit me up if you can!

check ur pms