PDA

View Full Version : question on vitamins...

strivin for more
12-09-08, 4:09 pm
Hey guys, i have a question. my income is low since i dont have a job. Im very fortunate that my parents buy me chicken breasts and the protein powder since our pantry's usual contents are pop tarts and frozen dinners, but i dont think theyll help me pay for some paks, even if i split the cost. they think the stuff is steroids or something, even though i showed the the label... i was wondering if plain old store bought multivitamins would help me at all? like just until i can get a lil extra cash. thanks

Aggression
12-09-08, 5:03 pm
Hey guys, i have a question. my income is low since i dont have a job. Im very fortunate that my parents buy me chicken breasts and the protein powder since our pantry's usual contents are pop tarts and frozen dinners, but i dont think theyll help me pay for some paks, even if i split the cost. they think the stuff is steroids or something, even though i showed the the label... i was wondering if plain old store bought multivitamins would help me at all? like just until i can get a lil extra cash. thanks

Try Sport Pharma's Multi-V formula. Its cheap, under $9. If you weren't aware of it, Sport Pharma is another brand under Universal, so you know you're getting your money's worth.

strivin for more
12-09-08, 5:27 pm
thanks agression, ill definitly look into it.

mritter3
12-09-08, 5:50 pm
store bought stuff is ok, how much u looking to spend you can get pak for about 17 dollars online.

strivin for more
12-09-08, 5:51 pm
ya, the stuff i get is like the wal mart generic multi. its about as cheap as you get and you get a large quantity. 17 doesnt sound bad though.

mfl5027
12-09-08, 8:11 pm
You might not need a regular multi. A regular multi will only help if you're vitamin deficient (very few Americans are). Pak, however, has a lot of extras (some aminos, ginseng, enzymes, etc) specifically designed for lifters.

strivin for more
12-09-08, 8:28 pm
ahh i see. alrite, i wont be so worried on the stuff i got right now and will look into gettin some paks online

Kludwig64
12-09-08, 11:38 pm
first thing is. do not buy just a regular old multi-vitamin like one bought at a wal-mart or grocery store. 9 times out of 10 they are synthetic multivitamins and they are not time released. the absorption rate of synthetic vitamins is around 10% which is a very good thing because it is known that frequent use of synthetic multivitamins can lead to cancer and or other diseases frankly because the body does not recognize these vitamins. your body considers them foreign objects and anti-bodies actually attack them. if looking for a vitamin look for either a natural or whole food based vitamin that is time released so ur getting quality nutrients throughout the day. do urself a favor and go to a health food store or like a GNC and get urself a quality multi. and if ur doubting the whole synthetic multi thing..look it up on google.

rayzer27
12-10-08, 12:14 am
Had the same problem with my parents bro, but i had them do some research on the benefits of a multi vitamin and there after i was able to take it, i mean i am able to pay for it as well. Check out GNC or Vitaminshoppe...but there's a reason why Animal Pak is the number one multi vitamin...because it delivers.

BryanSmash!
12-10-08, 3:09 am
I dont mean to sound harsh or anything, but if you don't have current obligations, (in school full time, taking care of a sick or injured family member), why not get a job so you can afford better things?

strivin for more
12-10-08, 7:03 am
not many places are hiring for 16 year olds. i live in a small town without access to a car also

Aggression
12-10-08, 9:13 am
The link I posted earlier about SportPharma Multi-V, its only $9 on bb.com. And its not a pak of 11 pill like animal pak, rather one pill that you take 2 times a day.

BryanSmash!
12-10-08, 10:24 am
not many places are hiring for 16 year olds. i live in a small town without access to a car also

Makes sense then. How is your gym access?

mfl5027
12-10-08, 3:23 pm
first thing is. do not buy just a regular old multi-vitamin like one bought at a wal-mart or grocery store. 9 times out of 10 they are synthetic multivitamins and they are not time released. the absorption rate of synthetic vitamins is around 10% which is a very good thing because it is known that frequent use of synthetic multivitamins can lead to cancer and or other diseases frankly because the body does not recognize these vitamins. your body considers them foreign objects and anti-bodies actually attack them. if looking for a vitamin look for either a natural or whole food based vitamin that is time released so ur getting quality nutrients throughout the day. do urself a favor and go to a health food store or like a GNC and get urself a quality multi. and if ur doubting the whole synthetic multi thing..look it up on google.

I'm kind of curious as to where you got this information. My nutrition professor said synthetic vitamins are just about on par with those found in foods and that the only thing to worry about is plant derived ones cuz they might have contaminates like pesticides.

strivin for more
12-10-08, 4:17 pm
gyms 3 miles away. its funny cause out of everything we have here, we have two gyms. and my parents go too, so they drive me either way. and i bike during the summer/spring months as a good warm up too.

Kludwig64
12-10-08, 9:52 pm
I'm kind of curious as to where you got this information. My nutrition professor said synthetic vitamins are just about on par with those found in foods and that the only thing to worry about is plant derived ones cuz they might have contaminates like pesticides.

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_8865.cfm