PDA

View Full Version : being full?

strivin for more
12-09-08, 6:52 pm
hey fellas. some days especially after my meal with carbs, im real full and bloated-feeling. even by the time my next meal is. should i go ahead and have that next meal right on time and sorta force it? or should i wait a little bit till i actually feel hungry? thanks guys.

mfl5027
12-09-08, 8:15 pm
That depends on a lot of things. Are you bulking or cutting? How many carbs and kcals are you consuming per meal? How much liquid?

Bulking-force it. Cutting-wait. Over ~70g carbs and/or 700kcal, cut back on the carbs and food. More than 1L liquid-drink less.

strivin for more
12-09-08, 8:26 pm
alrite that helps. if im cutting how long should i wait, like tops time?

sodapop
12-09-08, 9:08 pm
alrite that helps. if im cutting how long should i wait, like tops time?

I would assume, to avoid going catabolic, you really wouldn't want to wait longer than 3-3.5 hours or so. I'm assuming you normally eat every 2 hours?

strivin for more
12-10-08, 7:00 am
ive been going for 2.5-3.

V Man
12-10-08, 7:06 am
just break it down into smaller portions and eat more frequently (if possible)

Dont worry too much about going catabolic - this takes longer than you might think. If you have to wait an hour or two longer than you would of liked to eat your next meal - your not going to lose 20lbs of muscle

Big Wides
12-10-08, 9:59 am
hey fellas. some days especially after my meal with carbs, im real full and bloated-feeling. even by the time my next meal is. should i go ahead and have that next meal right on time and sorta force it? or should i wait a little bit till i actually feel hungry? thanks guys.

No matter what your doing, bulking or cutting you have to stick to a schedule of eating. Eat every 2-3 hours, even if your feeling full....doesnt matter. You have to be consistant with your diet in order to see any changes in your physique. There are many times when I am beyond bloated and dreading my next meal but you know what, fuck it. If I am supposed to eat at that time I do plain and simple. Your going to be uncomfortable, numb and bloated but in the end you'll thank yourself for doing it. The freaks are made in the kitchen

Aggression
12-10-08, 10:22 am

What types of foods are you eating?

simpleguy
12-10-08, 10:32 am
I don't know what you eat, but generally I don't feel full after my meals when cutting

Aggression
12-10-08, 10:39 am
I don't know what you eat, but generally I don't feel full after my meals when cutting

When cutting, after my meals, I'm sometimes still hungry. Dieting sucks ass.

wedge
12-10-08, 12:28 pm
When cutting, after my meals, I'm sometimes still hungry. Dieting sucks ass.

That is why I love drinking water as much as possible during a cut phase. Helps keep the illusion that I am full.

strivin for more
12-10-08, 4:28 pm
ya the carbs i take in i think are what do it. and the water. i piss like a dozen times a day (no joke) and its a pain at school. but as of lately, the foods ive had are chicken, shakes, broccoli, asparagus, carrots, oats, tuna, eggs, cottage cheese, and peanut butter. im not trying to seriously cut a whole lot right now, but im not really trying to be on a mass gain, so i guess maintain. am i suppose to be on one or the other? for better results?

Aggression
12-10-08, 5:22 pm
ya the carbs i take in i think are what do it. and the water. i piss like a dozen times a day (no joke) and its a pain at school. but as of lately, the foods ive had are chicken, shakes, broccoli, asparagus, carrots, oats, tuna, eggs, cottage cheese, and peanut butter. im not trying to seriously cut a whole lot right now, but im not really trying to be on a mass gain, so i guess maintain. am i suppose to be on one or the other? for better results?

It depends on your goals man. Do you wanna get bigger? Do you wanna get cut? Or are you happy with the way you are?

Joker-Roo
12-10-08, 5:40 pm
That is why I love drinking water as much as possible during a cut phase. Helps keep the illusion that I am full.

Ya , it does the opposite when I first started bulking, had to keep reminding myself that it was just water in there!!

Andru

strivin for more
12-10-08, 7:56 pm
id like to get a lot bigger. no doubt.

sodapop
12-10-08, 9:16 pm
id like to get a lot bigger. no doubt.

Then shovel that food down, man. I'm bulking currently, and I often have to eat when I'm not hungry. It sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Aggression
12-10-08, 10:21 pm
If you're eating the right foods, and drinking enough water, I feel you shouldn't get bloated that much, depending upon your carb intake I guess. I have about 350g carbs per day, spread out through 6-7 meals (Torrent on training days). All 6 meals are whole food, either chicken/beef and white rice/sweet potatoes + healthy fats. It totals 5K calories/day + Torrent, and I rarely get bloated at all.

Work with different sources of carbs to figure out what your body responds to the best.

strivin for more
12-11-08, 7:05 am
alrite. looks like im bumpin up the food now. thanks all.