PDA

View Full Version : peanut butter vs olive oil

strivin for more
12-09-08, 8:48 pm
hey fellas. im looking at trying to get more fat into my diet, and i was wondering which was better: peanut butter or olive oil? i mean gram wise theyre around the same... but is one fat particularly better than the other? will the added protein in peanut butter be helpful? is it because the added calories in peanut butter from the protein or something? maybe ones easier and quicker to digest? any opinions/experiences on this would be appriciated. have a good day boys.

NJC_Manhattan
12-09-08, 9:06 pm
hey fellas. im looking at trying to get more fat into my diet, and i was wondering which was better: peanut butter or olive oil? i mean gram wise theyre around the same... but is one fat particularly better than the other? will the added protein in peanut butter be helpful? is it because the added calories in peanut butter from the protein or something? maybe ones easier and quicker to digest? any opinions/experiences on this would be appriciated. have a good day boys.

Natty PB is a diet staple. Used in moderation it is one of my personal favorites for fat in take. Extra virgin olive oil is pretty amazing as well. I'll mix a teaspoon into my oatmeal. Its amazing. For more great fats though, heavy cream is a powerhouse.

sodapop
12-09-08, 9:06 pm
I really couldn't tell you, but I use both. I throw a tbsp of PB in all my shakes, and a tbsp of olive oil in one of my shakes per day.

Be warned, the olive oil gives you the shits at first.

sanga
12-10-08, 3:17 am
By taking it easy with Olive Oil at first (1tbsn)per day maybe then building up over a week you will be fine but as said go straight onto 6-8 a day and you will be shitting.

Peanut Butter and Olive Oil can`t really be compared seeing as Olive Oil has no carbs and Peanut Butter does.

I say use both in moderation.

theharjmann
12-10-08, 6:20 am
i just prefer to get my fats in through red meat and whole eggs

plus they taste a lot nicer!!

Peace

strivin for more
12-10-08, 7:05 am
alrite thanks guys.

simpleguy
12-10-08, 7:34 am
you can and should be using both

Toni69
12-10-08, 7:57 am
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

http://www.scienceblog.com/community/older/1999/A/199900419.html

just good info from a solid source..cant go wrong with medical and science journals.

also:

http://www.peanut-institute.org/Saturated_UnsaturatedFFT.html

and I agree that both are beneficial when in balance...too much of anything is never a good thing.

Aggression
12-10-08, 10:27 am
I use evoo in 2 of my meals during the day, and 1oz nuts in another 2 of the meals.

wedge
12-10-08, 12:35 pm
I've just started adding EVOO into a shake per night. So far so good. Used to take natty peanut butter, but kind of stopped doing that, though there is a jar of it on my microwave. Will have to start getting back on that.

strivin for more
12-10-08, 4:21 pm
the web sites posted were very helpful. thanks again.