PDA

View Full Version : Climbing Stairs...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 3:25 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Hoomgar/Workout%20Tracker/Misc/ClimbingStairs.jpg

We all take our own path.
We each walk this road alone.
No one can make us fail, no one can make us succeed.
We have to do the work, for ourselves, by ourselves to improve ourselves.

Progress Is Like Climbing Stairs

Each new day is the dawn of a new quest. It's a wake up call to a challenge. Today is the day. This day, I will exceed what I did yesterday. This day I will break my records and set new ones, I'll move the bar up higher. I will work, harder, longer. I will sweat, I will bleed intensity.

I will go over the top! And when I do, I will find that there are yet more, long, tall stairs to climb. If I stop climbing, I stop progressing, if I fall down and faint, I backslide, if I turn my back and give up, I'm going down, down, down... I must climb! Each step, every level brings new challenges, new learning, new growth, new found strength.

I'm building character, forging the man of iron as I evolve my mind, body and soul into the warrior I am determined to be. I will never complete my journey because this journey never ends.

Come along with me my brethren. Take up the mantle and except the challenge. I invite you all to watch me, critique me, teach me, help me or simply step aside and get out of my way as...

I'm CLIMBING STAIRS...

Hg

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 3:26 pm
I plan on keeping my current split. I have been making incredible progress doing what I have been doing so if it ain't broke, I ain't fixing it.

I'm almost 43 and at this age I still got plenty of spunk that even allows me to hang with the young bucks at times. It does come at a cost though and a trade off must be made. If I'm going to go into the gym and hammer my 40+ year old body like it is 25 then I have to allow it time to recover. This means more time than the 25 year olds need. As such, I work a 3 day split each week and fit in extra things from time to time as my recovery allows.

Sunday: off
Monday: off
Tuesday: Chest, Triceps, Shoulders, sometimes calves, cardio or Abs...
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Legs, Calves, sometimes Abs or cardio...
Friday: off but sometimes do 45 minutes cardio...
Saturday: Back, Biceps, Traps...

I mix it up, switch things in and out, change up the exercises from week to week. It's been working great and is really the only option as far as fitting my schedule so this is it.

Hg

Hoomgar
The Foods...

My diet is the best it can be for me. I have a limited budget and other constraints that render it impossible for me to follow a specific dietary plan. I eat each day what is provided and use the knowledge I have gained to balance it all so as to try to always keep the macros in each meal as close to possible in a guesstimation to this:

Protein the highest value in each meal and close to around 50 grams..

Carbohydrates second place anywhere below the protein and adjusted daily based on what the mirror is telling me...

Fats the lowest and trying to keep them as healthy as possible.

I eat more or less based on how I feel and how I look. I attempt to eat as much as I can without spilling over too much so as to maximize the nutrition available to my body for making gains.

Not much more thought goes into it at this time. Down the road when the grass is greener I will consider stepping into a set diet. Until then, this is working.

------------

The Supplementation...

This journey just as the last one is not geared towards getting on a stage but is geared towards continuing to build a larger, healthier more muscular me. As such, my supplementation is subject to change like the wind as I see fit. Admittedly us older guys love our supplements being as we experience an elevated level of assistance from them vs our younger compadre's. In layman's terms... Hoom takes a lot of supplements!

The first leg of this journey (or chapter) will be run with 2 supplement stacks run back to back for 104 days. The first stack is 60 days and the second one will run for 44 days.

I am going to run a Universal brand only stack for the first 60 days simply because I want to try it out. I am an online representative for Universal on the anabolicminds.com message board community and as such this affords me an opportunity to get familiar with more of the products. After the 60 day Universal stack is completed I'll be going back to a hybrid stack comprised of all brands under the Universal family of products.

For the next 60 days I'll be running what I am calling an "Old School" stack. It's made up mostly of a lot of the older products that I have never tried. I've selected products that are geared towards helping you thicken up and harden up. I'll be bulking during this time using what is mostly nutritional only products with little to no stimulants or boosters of any kind in them. The entire stack from basics to extras will be Universal brand only.

Onto the stack:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/Hoomgar/Workout%20Tracker/Stacks/media4.jpg

I know it looks like a lot but it really isn't. The tubs are small. The largest tubs are basically what you would get 2 lbs of whey protein in. This is the entire stack from basics to extras and for around workouts, the whole ball of wax and is the complete supply for the entire 60 days.

All Brands Universal...

Whats in it?:

The basics:

Genesis
Jointment Sport
Omega EFA
Uni-Liver

The Extras:

Natural Sterol Complex
GH Max
ZMA Pro
Gain Fast 3100

Workout Stack:

Hard Fast
Lava
Amino Tech

I've measured everything out so that the stack all lasts exactly 60 days. Everything runs out at the same time and at that time I'll switch the next day to my 44 day follow-up stack. More on that stack later...

During the course of the 60 day stack other supplements may be added in from time to time but if I do add something in, it will be Universal brand only.

I will not be using full servings of all the products as it would be too much for me. in some cases servings have been cut in half and in the case of one supplement cut into a third serving. trying to build muscle, not fat! These products are in addition to my bulking diet. They are, after all, only "supplemental" helpers...

------------

That is the plan for nutrition during the next 60 to 104 days. I'm planning on hitting it hard with the fuel of my own fire and the motivational help I receive from others as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can get done in this time frame.

Hg

Mr. Dead
First!!!

Hoomgar
12-10-08, 3:27 pm
This Journey Starts Saturday 12/13/2008

Join me...

Hg

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-10-08, 3:55 pm
You know I'm with you 100% bro. DO WORK!

McFly
12-10-08, 3:59 pm
I'm in like Flynn.....

lets do 2009 real big HG!!!!!!

Enforcer
12-10-08, 4:02 pm
Def in for the ride bro. Can't wait to see what 09 brings for ya bro. Like the Animal clock says...Times a wastin'

deanna7272
12-10-08, 4:06 pm
I'm in...

You have the right mindset, you have your game plan...

It's on....

Commence Climbing...

Big Wides
12-10-08, 4:06 pm
Lets make 2009 a big year

Giant Killer
12-10-08, 4:25 pm
I'm in. I like the smart training and supplementation. I can see you have a clear vision. Just hit it hard and do work bro.

B Con
12-10-08, 5:01 pm
Subbed. Interested in that Lava.

JUGGERNAUT
12-10-08, 5:14 pm
2009 is lookin good in here

The Incredible Hulk
12-10-08, 9:20 pm
In on this journey Hg! Along with everybody else I'm anxious to see what you're gonna do in 09. Solid lookin stack as well, I'll be following with great interest bro.

sodapop
12-10-08, 9:22 pm
This looks awesome... I'll be following.

Hollow
12-11-08, 7:05 am
Definitely in for this ride Hoomgar!

2009...an even larger Hoomgar!

Great title for your journey!

firsthorseman97
12-11-08, 7:21 am
I'm definitely in. Do work!

Hoomgar
12-11-08, 11:54 am
First!!!

In before bad jokes? *L*

You know I'm with you 100% bro. DO WORK!

Gonna do it bro. Next time I'll do some rack pulls with ya.

I'm in like Flynn.....

lets do 2009 real big HG!!!!!!

Big is the word for 2009.

Def in for the ride bro. Can't wait to see what 09 brings for ya bro. Like the Animal clock says...Times a wastin'

Chompin at the bit to get started Big E.

I'm in...

You have the right mindset, you have your game plan...

It's on....

Commence Climbing...

No end in sight Deanna. Constant Conquest! Thanks for the support.

Lets make 2009 a big year

It's going to be epic bro.

I'm in. I like the smart training and supplementation. I can see you have a clear vision. Just hit it hard and do work bro.

Thanks for the stop in bro. You were one of the first to hit me up back when I joined. I appreciate it.

Subbed. Interested in that Lava.

Me too ;) Going with 2 scoops Post wo bro instead of the full 2.5

2009 is lookin good in here

It's only going to keep getting better big bro. Fueling my fires by watching the vets like you!

In on this journey Hg! Along with everybody else I'm anxious to see what you're gonna do in 09. Solid lookin stack as well, I'll be following with great interest bro.

Appreciate that big guy. Looking to get larger this year myself.

This looks awesome... I'll be following.

Join the frenzy my man. I appreciate you tagging along and giving your input. Keep doubting the doubts my young brother.

Definitely in for this ride Hoomgar!

2009...an even larger Hoomgar!

Great title for your journey!

Great, now I can start :)

The title? Yea, who would have seen that coming? LOL!

I'm definitely in. Do work!

Do work we must son! LOL! Time to build it bro.

-----

I'm amped to get the ball rolling.

Tonight is an off night and I'll be enjoying watching my baby sing in front of the largest crowd she has ever performed in front of. You will be seeing her name in the media in the future. She is definitely going to go places with her talent. I often wonder what I ever did to deserve to be so blessed? The answer is, nothing. I'm just a blessed man because God is good!

The chasm (in physiques) between me and those who told me I was doing it wrong, or that I wouldn't make it, or that none of my work is showing... is growing ever wider... and so am I!

Hg

Hollow
12-11-08, 11:58 am
Enjoy your daughter's concert tonight Hoomgar! Wishing her the very best!!!

All the haters are doing is adding fuel to your fire Hoomgar...a raging inferno!!!

Hoomgar
12-11-08, 1:57 pm
Enjoy your daughter's concert tonight Hoomgar! Wishing her the very best!!!

All the haters are doing is adding fuel to your fire Hoomgar...a raging inferno!!!

The fire is getting hot bro, very hot...

Mr. Dead
12-11-08, 1:58 pm
The fire is getting hot bro, very hot...

Need more matches...? *L*

Hoomgar
12-11-08, 2:14 pm

Bring the Barn Burners!

scals
12-11-08, 2:20 pm
Ight Hg. I'm ready! Can't wait to see the success this one brings ya.

Hoomgar
12-11-08, 2:23 pm
Ight Hg. I'm ready! Can't wait to see the success this one brings ya.

Thanks bro. The time is now man.

John-TNS
12-11-08, 3:48 pm
I am in HG.... Lets roll bro

LittleMan55
12-11-08, 4:52 pm
U know I like the fun that will be had in here. Like Burt I'm interested in Lava...

Cellerator65
12-11-08, 7:15 pm
Hg, no doubt you got my support here... 2008 brought me 27lbs, i cant wait to see 09!

Elite
12-11-08, 7:22 pm
I like the 'Old School' stack and the meticulous planning that is going into it and the diet. Very sensible in going with training that has yielded you great results, without compromising your rest. Thats what someone who has taken heed of what there body is giving back to them does.

Enjoy & prosper.

Pizzalamp
12-11-08, 7:50 pm
of course im subbd!!!!
and your old school stack looks very cool

diesel1976
12-12-08, 12:31 am
Im excited for you bro. Your plan looks good and solid and I know the effort is always there in force. Im sure 09 holds great things for you and Im behind ya brotha.

B Con
12-12-08, 5:36 am
You are becoming more and more the Supp Guru!

Themostocles
12-12-08, 7:27 am

I've got a match and time on my hands lol. Count me in. -T.

Hoomgar
12-12-08, 11:09 am
I am in HG.... Lets roll bro

I am so looking forward to Saturday morning bro.

U know I like the fun that will be had in here. Like Burt I'm interested in Lava...

It all looked to intriguing not to try it. We all see the focus on all the newest products but lets not forget that a lot of the vets in this game got big back in the day and a lot of them were using these older supps and did great with them.

Hg, no doubt you got my support here... 2008 brought me 27lbs, i cant wait to see 09!

You were one of the first to join me in my last journey bro. I appreciate your continued support. We both got growin to do!

I like the 'Old School' stack and the meticulous planning that is going into it and the diet. Very sensible in going with training that has yielded you great results, without compromising your rest. Thats what someone who has taken heed of what there body is giving back to them does.

Enjoy & prosper.

Thanks bro. A little over-seas support is greatly appreciated my friend :)

of course im subbd!!!!
and your old school stack looks very cool

Old school stack for an older guy eh Pizza? LOL! Looking forward to getting under way here. Starting this journey off on BACK day!

Im excited for you bro. Your plan looks good and solid and I know the effort is always there in force. Im sure 09 holds great things for you and Im behind ya brotha.

I appreciate that my man. You only been on the board a few months but you are a solid member of the crew here at the legion. I've learned a lot from your journey already and look forward to continuing the knowledge sharing. Thanks for the support.

You are becoming more and more the Supp Guru!

LOL! I'm like BigAnt in this regard. Us over 40 guys like our supplements ;) Thanks B. I'll let you guys know how that Lava is.

I've got a match and time on my hands lol. Count me in. -T.

Lets get this fire burnin then bro. Appreciate the support. Time to do this!

------------

I am going to the gym after work tonight do fit in some more cardio since I couldn't do it last night on account of my daughters concert. Not counting it as a workout really. This log starts tomorrow on Back day!

~ready to roll

Hg

Hoomgar
12-12-08, 9:26 pm
I am going to the gym after work tonight do fit in some more cardio since I couldn't do it last night on account of my daughters concert. Not counting it as a workout really. This log starts tomorrow on Back day!

I don't really consider it a 'loggable" (is that a word? :) ) workout since I am not cutting or doing recomp work. Just noting it in here so I remember what I did.

Tonight after work:

40 minutes cardio on treadmill: Incline 1.5 (dropping to flat over the first 15 minutes) @ speed 3.8 to 4.2 fluctuating for 2.5 miles...

Super Set:
Hanging Knee Raise: 10/10/10
w/
Cross-Over Ab Crunches: 10/10/10

Super Set:
Standing Cable Ab Crunch: Used V attachment - Stack x15/15 then 82.5x15
w/
Seated Cable Ab Crunch: Used rope attachment - 120x15/15 then 100x15

1 hr...

I'm down 10 lbs from Sunday. This week was a success. I'm good to resume bulking now at 240 lbs.

I am so pumped to hit it in the AM! I'm going to bed in just a bit to rest up and get up early before the family does.

Hg

deanna7272
12-12-08, 9:30 pm
10 lbs. in a week?? You are my hero...lol I know you had that goal to get yourself started, you got it, now rock it!

Themostocles
12-13-08, 12:21 am
Great job on the 10lbs! And everything is loggable. It will effect how your body performs tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing that back work. -T.

scals
12-13-08, 1:47 am
Awesome work this week Hg. Looking forward to seeing everything tomorrow.

John-TNS
12-13-08, 1:51 am
Grats on the 10lb loss... Get in there and kill it tomorrow!

The Incredible Hulk
12-13-08, 5:34 am
Shit brother, that's a pretty damn impressive 10 pound loss. Anxious to see what kinda madness you unleash on the weights tomorrow....

naturalguy
12-13-08, 9:11 am
Alright hoom, you finally got me in your log

Hoomgar
12-13-08, 12:20 pm
10 lbs. in a week?? You are my hero...lol I know you had that goal to get yourself started, you got it, now rock it!

I'm a large man Dee, you know that 10 lbs in 6 days for a male my size is cake. After a bulk I can easily do 10 lbs in week1, 5 more in week 2 and then another 5 in two more weeks if I am trying to cut down. 20 lbs in the first month is all to easy for me so I can take no credit for anything to hard really. I only wanted to drop off some water and a litte fat to get started here. Now I'm ready for more cals :D

Great job on the 10lbs! And everything is loggable. It will effect how your body performs tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing that back work. -T.

No way I want my first logged workout in my new journey to be cario bro LOL! Thanks for the support my man...

Awesome work this week Hg. Looking forward to seeing everything tomorrow.

Thanks bro, coming up in a bit here...

Grats on the 10lb loss... Get in there and kill it tomorrow!

I can tell ya that I miss my Test boosters bro LOL!

Shit brother, that's a pretty damn impressive 10 pound loss. Anxious to see what kinda madness you unleash on the weights tomorrow....

The first 10 is easy bro. You could do it to in just days. It's mostly water. The work was done today, gonna post it up here in a few...

Alright hoom, you finally got me in your log

Yea but did you actually read anything? :D Thanks bro, means the world to have you take a look. Really.

Hg

deanna7272
12-13-08, 12:23 pm
I know it's much easier, you guys take a week OFF and LOSE...lol It's a different ballgame with "us".... I know that you were wanting that clean start to the bulk, you got it... Now it's GAME ON!

I can't wait to see what it brings....

Hoomgar
12-13-08, 12:38 pm
First workout for this new journey. I am definitely running on my own steam here. With no Test boosters, no stims and no Creatine I hit it today for my opener here with what I had.

I was pretty banged up by the end of that last power cycle so having this week off with nothing more than a little cardio and ab work did wonders for my recovery.

Determined to keep my numbers up, I was straining my guts out to do what I did. I want to try to keep the numbers where they were when I finished my Animal Test cycle as much as I can so when I start my next Test booster I can drive them up even higher.

I'll post comments on the supp stack after the workout...

I attempted to warm up on the treadmill first but 4 minutes in my right knee would have nothing to do with it. The pain was sudden and sharp behind the knee. It shut me down. After I stopped I was fine but no more TM today.

No pullups, dead lifts or rows today. I could tell that with my energy where it was that even one hard set of any of these would have finished me. I opted to work my way back into this slowly but still try to keep my numbers on the exercises that I did do.

Here is what went down today:

Back:

Seated WGPD: Increase weight on each set then drop for reps on the last set-
WU 80x15 then 120x12 140x12 160x8 180x6 200x4 140x12...

was making funny noises and using bad form getting those reps on 180 & 200 but I got um done! I was determined to not let my numbers drop off!

Seated CGPD: Same weight and rep scheme as WGPD except the last set - Used underhand close grip - 120x12 140x12 160x8 180x6 200x4 140x8...

Nose Pulls: Done seated and leaning way back, tight squeeze at the top & 30 second rests-
80x20/16/12/10/10/10...

I could tell there was not going to be time to fit in any shrugs so I opt for those Nose Pulls since I like to hit rear delts on back day anyway. They also hit traps...

Biceps:

BB Curl: Rack runner, 30 second rests between the first 3 sets and then no rests for the remaining 3 = fire!!!-
90x6 80x7 70x8 then 60x8/50x8/40x12...

Forearms:

I do these mostly as therapy for my tendons but it doubles as a forearm workout too...

Super Set:
Reverse BB Wrist Curl: 30x10/10/10
w/
BB Wrist Curl: 40x10/10/10

1:05 hours, time for steak and eggs baby...

Hg

Hoomgar
12-13-08, 12:40 pm
I know it's much easier, you guys take a week OFF and LOSE...lol It's a different ballgame with "us".... I know that you were wanting that clean start to the bulk, you got it... Now it's GAME ON!

I can't wait to see what it brings....

Thanks Dee. Just didn't want any accolades for the 10 lbs when it truely is nothing when you have "reserves" hanging on you. For me, losing the weight is not an issue. It's putting on the quality weight that is the goal and is where the work is.

Hg

Themostocles
12-13-08, 2:28 pm
Yummm, steak and eggs! You are making me hungfy, bad Hoomgar lol. Nice w/o bro, strong pulldowns. Great way to ease back into it bro. Hope the knee feels better. -T.

firsthorseman97
12-13-08, 4:26 pm
Real strong on those pulldowns! Nothing wrong with that workout! Steak and eggs sounds really really good!

diesel1976
12-13-08, 5:46 pm
Nice back day to start the jouney, heres to your continued success.

scals
12-13-08, 7:35 pm
Solid workout to start the new journey Hg. Keep up the good work.

Pizzalamp
12-13-08, 7:59 pm
real solid job hg...awesome start to your journey...how do u like your eggs? for me its only one way...over easy

Pizzalamp
12-14-08, 11:53 pm
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/deanna7272/JERSEY%20ABC%20Dec%206/NewJerseyABC220.jpg

Hollow
12-15-08, 7:27 am
Definitely a solid workout to start the new leg of your journey Hoomgar! What’s this!?!? Steak and eggs!!! Hey scals17 did you ever get your steak and eggs!?!? I know I never did!

Hoomgar
12-15-08, 11:28 am
Yummm, steak and eggs! You are making me hungfy, bad Hoomgar lol. Nice w/o bro, strong pulldowns. Great way to ease back into it bro. Hope the knee feels better. -T.

Thanks bro, knee is solid. Just needed to back off of it. I've learned. The knee says "knock that off now!" I say "yes sir, right away". And then I can come back the next time and do it right without being held up by an injury. Such simple logic but it took me over a year to get it pounded into my head.

Now go get you some steak and eggs ;)

Real strong on those pulldowns! Nothing wrong with that workout! Steak and eggs sounds really really good!

Nice back day to start the jouney, heres to your continued success.

Solid workout to start the new journey Hg. Keep up the good work.

Thanks fellas. I was taking slightly longer rests on some of it than normal as noted by the volume to time ratio there but I needed to do that in order to be able to keep the weight where I wanted it.

real solid job hg...awesome start to your journey...how do u like your eggs? for me its only one way...over easy

Thanks Grant and thanks for the picture. I forgot all about that lobby, before-workout picture. Nice clean shirts, no sweat, no pump yet LOL! That was a great day.

Definitely a solid workout to start the new leg of your journey Hoomgar! What’s this!?!? Steak and eggs!!! Hey scals17 did you ever get your steak and eggs!?!? I know I never did!

You gotta make the trip down bro and then steaks and gym tag are on me...

Off yesterday and today. Eating big, enjoying the new stack (still holding off on comments for now) and resting up for chest and triceps Tuesday.

Hg

Hollow
12-15-08, 11:31 am
Who knows what the future holds…it would be great to lift some iron with you Hoomgar!

Enjoy your days off, rest up and eat up for tomorrow’s session.

Themostocles
12-15-08, 11:36 am
Rest and eat up bro. Enjoy the time off. -T.

LittleMan55
12-15-08, 12:13 pm
Great work on back and bi's Hg! Solid way to start by stipping off some weight you feel is unnecessary. Just shows you know your body well and what needs to be done to get where you want to be.

Mr. Dead
12-15-08, 12:15 pm
Great start on this journey!!! Definitely lookin' forward to seeing how this plays out...

John-TNS
12-16-08, 1:58 am
Good workout man! Things will get better.....

Hoomgar
12-16-08, 11:32 am
Who knows what the future holds…it would be great to lift some iron with you Hoomgar!

Enjoy your days off, rest up and eat up for tomorrow’s session.

Hey, it could happen :D Thanks homie...

Rest and eat up bro. Enjoy the time off. -T.

It was much needed my man. Think I was shaking off another bug but feeling much better today.

Great work on back and bi's Hg! Solid way to start by stipping off some weight you feel is unnecessary. Just shows you know your body well and what needs to be done to get where you want to be.

LOL! I know you will appreciate the mind games that go on with this bro. Check out todays entry in my life journal...

Great start on this journey!!! Definitely lookin' forward to seeing how this plays out...

Only one way to go brother, you know what we gotta do.

Good workout man! Things will get better.....

LOL! That is exactly how it feels at times John. Trust me though, I know it gets better from here on out!

Hg

Hoomgar
12-16-08, 11:33 am
Tonight is chest and I'm going to try to do arms and shoulders as well. I am already prepared to be in the gym a bit longer than usual. Sometimes, things just have to be done.

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 11:37 am
Tonight is chest and I'm going to try to do arms and shoulders as well. I am already prepared to be in the gym a bit longer than usual. Sometimes, things just have to be done.

Hg

Awesome mindset!!! Make sure to eat and hydrate very well!!!

Hoomgar
12-16-08, 11:43 am
Awesome mindset!!! Make sure to eat and hydrate very well!!!

It feels like I'm just sitting around bro. I have a constant urge to get to work!

Hg

Hollow
12-16-08, 12:16 pm
It feels like I'm just sitting around bro. I have a constant urge to get to work!

Hg

I hear you Hoomgar but the old adage...nobody grows in the gym.

Hoomgar
12-16-08, 1:23 pm
I hear you Hoomgar but the old adage...nobody grows in the gym.

Tis very true Hollow, very true...

McFly
12-16-08, 1:25 pm
my man HG-zee i believe you should have started your new supplement stack....how are you liking that Hard Fast? i've been using it 2x daily for a few weeks now....

Hoomgar
12-16-08, 2:03 pm
my man HG-zee i believe you should have started your new supplement stack....how are you liking that Hard Fast? i've been using it 2x daily for a few weeks now....

Well since you ask so nicely... I'll have to write that up here in a bit :)

Mr. Dead
12-16-08, 2:04 pm
Well since you ask so nicely... I'll have to write that up here in a bit :)

And... What do you think of Genesis, so far...?

Hoomgar
12-17-08, 1:32 pm
And... What do you think of Genesis, so far...?

Coming up bro, I promise.

Hoomgar
12-17-08, 1:49 pm
It was snowing like crazy. My normal 8 minute drive to the gym after work took almost 40 minutes. I felt sure I would have the place to myself! Instead, I had trouble finding a parking spot at first! The gym was packed with both young and old. I have to admit, I wasn't bothered, but instead was filled with respect for the people at my gym for showing such dedication.

So after a week of cardio and no lifting I did Back Saturday and the session was so so. If you read my latest entry in my life thread you'll see I've been fighting new demons. I'm winning...

This time I need to get work done. Target groups, Chest, Arms, Shoulders, get-er-dun!

Warm up, help spot some of the beasts I have befriended there and then onto bench. My bench falls off so quickly it seems? I need to fix that. Last time I did it, my numbers were way down again.

Chest:

Flat BB Press: 135x15 185x8 205x6 225x0 225x0 185x4 - Numbers are coming up. I had a spot on both 225 reps so they did not count...

Incline DB Press: 50x15 60x12 70x8 then 55x12 - it felt good to throw up the 70's again - I have so much more work to do here, these are my two weakest lifts...

-----

Arms:

Super Set 1: Used the EZ curl bar and alternated with no rests...

BB Skull Crusher: 70x12/12/12...
w/
BB Curl: 70x10/10/10...

---

Super Set 2: Used the EZ curl bar and alternated with no rests...

Overhead Tricep Ext: 60x10/10/10...
w/
BB Curl: 60x10/10/10...

-----

Shoulders:

DB Side Lateral Raise: 20x10 30x10 25x10 20x10...

Single Arm DB Side Lat Raise: From behind the back - 15x10/10/10 each arm...

Seated Bent Over DB Side Raise: 20x10/10/10...

Attempted to do some standing mils, got the bar for 15 then 95x7 but I almost dropped it trying to re-rack, passed on these as my arms felt like they would fall off already as it was...

BB Shoulder Shrug: 225x10/10/10 all in front...

1:20 minutes. I wanted to do more but my body was beat. I was shaking so bad I seriously could not hold my shaker cup for about 10 minutes and I could not wipe the sweat from the top of my head. My arms never felt like this before. I needed this. Gotta go harder, more, heavier from now on.

Today is an off day. Steak and eggs for breakfast. Tomorrow is legs.

Hg

Hoomgar
12-17-08, 2:07 pm
Well I've been using the "Old School" stack since Saturday and so far I am really liking it.

Hard Fast: Not what I expected at all. Flavoring is acceptable but not like the new supps. I have Strawberry and Banana. So far I rate them both the same in taste. Can't really tell results just yet but so far so good.

Gain Fast 3100: Same as Hard Fast. I have Vanilla and Pina Coloda. The Pina Coloda wins in flavor hands down. Very good actually. I love it.

Lava: Again same as the HF, not what I expected at all. The flavor is weak but is good just the same. I believe I am using too much water?

Servings: I've been using 2 scoops of both the HF and the GF for a serving twice a day. I am mixing them together. I also throw in a scoop of whey protein with each serving. So it is like this: 2 scoops HF, 2 scoops GF and 1 scoop Whey in each serving, twice a day. I am really liking this so far although I have noticed that it is making my piss smell super strong like trash? Not sure what that is all about?

The Lava I am going with the recommended dose of 2.5 scoops. Been putting it in 16 to 18 oz of water and it is weak. I am going to try 12 oz next. Needs constant shaking before each swig as it settles almost instantly.

The Genesis seems great. I like it just like the Pak. It has natural plant sterols in it just like the NSC and as does the HF and GF as well so I am getting plenty of those right now. Lots of digestive enzymes as well.

GH Max, NSC, I expect nothing but the best results from these as time goes on.

The Omega EFA and the Jointment Sport both seem to be doing a great job so far.

I may be switching this up as I go. You know me, nothing is written in stone stack wise until the stack is over.

Getting ready to suck down my afternoon serving of HF, GF, Whey medley in about another hour.

Stack additions as of today:

I've added Specialized Protein For Lean Mass both Chocolate and Vanilla.

Also, Orange Creatine Chews for off days like today since I am only getting my creatine right now from the Lava.

On a side note, I dropped off to 235 by Monday morning. As of this AM I am back up to 240. It's just fluctuation and means nothing. The mirror tells me I've been eating...

I'm looking forward to what this will all bring as I continue to pound the proteins and carbs and the weights over the next weeks...

Hg

Hollow
12-17-08, 2:08 pm
What can I say Hoomgar? That was a great session!!! You’re going to own that 225 with absolutely no spot before you know it Hoomgar, I can see it!

Love the super sets you threw in there and with no rests!?!? Great way to really shock the muscles.

Eat up because after that session you definitely need to eat big!

Enjoy your rest day!

scals
12-17-08, 2:12 pm
Great workout Hg. Pushing some serious weight on the bench. Liking the new stack. I'm going to be starting mine on 1/1/09.

firsthorseman97
12-17-08, 2:21 pm
Hell yeah Hg! You beat the piss out of yourself. I have to agree with Hollow, you'll own that 225 before you know it. I like the old school stack you put together. I'm definitely paying close attention to how it works for ya. Keep up the hard work!

McFly
12-17-08, 2:29 pm
ahhh I used lava for a while a year and a half ago...i liked it...

no doubts bro!

Mr. Dead
12-17-08, 6:22 pm
Definitely looking forward to seeing the results you get with this stack!!! I'm using the Genesis, as well, and am quite pleased with it...

Hoomgar
12-17-08, 6:34 pm
What can I say Hoomgar? That was a great session!!! You’re going to own that 225 with absolutely no spot before you know it Hoomgar, I can see it!

Love the super sets you threw in there and with no rests!?!? Great way to really shock the muscles.

Eat up because after that session you definitely need to eat big!

Enjoy your rest day!

It was a good day for the eats bro. My arms, chest and shoulders feel great today!

Great workout Hg. Pushing some serious weight on the bench. Liking the new stack. I'm going to be starting mine on 1/1/09.

I know how the waiting game is too Steve so good on ya for giving yourself such a good break. My bench needs to come up. I was failing 1 rep at 225. I've got it for 4 just not too long ago. I hate going backwards!

Hell yeah Hg! You beat the piss out of yourself. I have to agree with Hollow, you'll own that 225 before you know it. I like the old school stack you put together. I'm definitely paying close attention to how it works for ya. Keep up the hard work!

LOL! I love that, beat the piss out of yourself. That was deff how I was feeling last night. I'm expecting good things bro.

ahhh I used lava for a while a year and a half ago...i liked it...

no doubts bro!

I'm diggin it McFly. Do you notice anything with your piss from the HF? If not then it is probably the GF that is getting me.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the results you get with this stack!!! I'm using the Genesis, as well, and am quite pleased with it...

I'm already thinking that 60 days may not be enough deadman. I may go for 90 and just blend this into the 44 day stack? Ohh the possibilities.

Hg

Pizzalamp
12-17-08, 8:51 pm
good stuff hg..u rocked it hard in the gym...

Big Wides
12-17-08, 10:04 pm
I like the taste of Hard Fast.....looks like shit is in order and big things are yet to come

Themostocles
12-17-08, 11:23 pm
Great w/o bro. That bench will come. Its where I struggle the most also, but its finally growing. Inclines will help drive the shoulders and flat bench both. Keep at it bro! -T.

John-TNS
12-17-08, 11:29 pm
You have quite the supplement stack going bro! I am a big fan of the GH Max... I took all right before bed and enjoyed the cycle of it! Keep us updated on the "old school" stack.

Also as far as bench goes, I started doing my inclines first exercise on chest day and in a few months I made significant progress on both incline and flat. Something you could try or keep in mind....

B Con
12-18-08, 9:31 am
I'm already thinking that 60 days may not be enough deadman. I may go for 90 and just blend this into the 44 day stack? Ohh the possibilities.

You sir are mad... and I like it. Haha...

How's that stair case coming? How do you like the Lava?

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 10:15 am
good stuff hg..u rocked it hard in the gym...

And I'm feeling it too LOL! Still trying to eat that one away Pizza.

I like the taste of Hard Fast.....looks like shit is in order and big things are yet to come

I wish I would have got a Choc or Van instead of 2 Strawberry tubs. I have 2 Strawberry and 1 Banana. I need to try the other 2 flavors yet. No mater how you slice it though I'm enjoying the stuff and it is all loaded with good body fuel and nutrition to aid me in what I'm trying to do bro. I was looking over the profiles of each supplement again today. I'm getting a lot of amino's, EFA's, Plant Sterols, digestive enzymes, B-vitamins and much more in almost every supp on the list. I swear I have been eating more but I'm cutting BF now again. I could not be happier about this.

Great w/o bro. That bench will come. Its where I struggle the most also, but its finally growing. Inclines will help drive the shoulders and flat bench both. Keep at it bro! -T.

Yea I need to do more and more incline work. Upper chest needs the most attention. Thanks T. I appreciate the tips.

You have quite the supplement stack going bro! I am a big fan of the GH Max... I took all right before bed and enjoyed the cycle of it! Keep us updated on the "old school" stack.

Also as far as bench goes, I started doing my inclines first exercise on chest day and in a few months I made significant progress on both incline and flat. Something you could try or keep in mind....

I may go back to that. I like doing inclines with DB's and no better way to get them up than to do them first. Lovin this stack bro.

You sir are mad... and I like it. Haha...

How's that stair case coming? How do you like the Lava?

The more I think about it bro I like the idea. Instead of a 104 day back to back I'm thinking a 90 blend and meet in the middle with some overlap type stack? I want to bring on some of the supps in the next stack as the ones in this stack start to run out.

I like the Lava so far. Third serving will go down tonight. I did up a review on them all bro, check post #69.

Hg

B Con
12-18-08, 10:31 am
The more I think about it bro I like the idea. Instead of a 104 day back to back I'm thinking a 90 blend and meet in the middle with some overlap type stack? I want to bring on some of the supps in the next stack as the ones in this stack start to run out.

I like the Lava so far. Third serving will go down tonight. I did up a review on them all bro, check post #69.

Hg

Meeting in the middle for a crazy blend FTW! I saw that review... seems like they need some of the new flavors to help 'em haha

McFly
12-18-08, 10:53 am
banana hard Fast is the shizzz....blend 4 scoops + 1 scoop chocolate iso-whey + 6 ice cubes + 1 TBS natty PB and 16oz water = pure goodness....

i suggest you fix yourself up one sometime...

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 10:54 am
Meeting in the middle for a crazy blend FTW! I saw that review... seems like they need some of the new flavors to help 'em haha

I think we are just spoiled to the new flavoring in all the latest supplements Ha ha! It's growing on me. Both the HF and the GF are really creamy and smooth. The flavoring isn't bad, it's just weak compared to the newer supplements like Torrent and Intra-Aid. But this isn't a comparison so forget that.

The Gain Fast is the one I'm finding most interesting. It's loaded with nutrition, digestive enzymes and the works just like the Hard Fast but the GF is also a heavy hit of calories. yet, I seem to be burning BF while stacking these together like this? It's too soon to tell for sure but this is what I am seeing coming down on the end of week 1.

The main thing is I got my pump back. I'm on my way back up. I was worried about that for a bit if you saw my last entry in my life thread.

Reading up on Genesis again and the others today, I may just switch to this stuff for a while as my basics? These products used together like this have me covered on my EFA's and Joint support as well. Pretty solid stuff.

I'm already getting the itch for a test booster. I'm 40 days away from that yet though. Or am I? Hmwaaaa! :D

Hg

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 10:58 am
banana hard Fast is the shizzz....blend 4 scoops + 1 scoop chocolate iso-whey + 6 ice cubes + 1 TBS natty PB and 16oz water = pure goodness....

i suggest you fix yourself up one sometime...

I wonder what the Specialized Protein Chocolate would be like in place of the ISO-Whey? That is what I have right now so I could do this. Maybe Saturday? It comes with a McFly endorsement, it's gotta be good!

Hey McFly, ever try the Gain Fast yet? If no, may I suggest a tub of the Pina Coloda? That one is so good even my wife liked it and so far she has disliked all of them. I'm mixing the HF and GF together, 2 scoops of each with a scoop of whey. It's crazy good.

McFly
12-18-08, 11:00 am
I wonder what the Specialized Protein Chocolate would be like in place of the ISO-Whey? That is what I have right now so I could do this. Maybe Saturday? It comes with a McFly endorsement, it's gotta be good!

Hey McFly, ever try the Gain Fast yet? If no, may I suggest a tub of the Pina Coloda? That one is so good even my wife liked it and so far she has disliked all of them. I'm mixing the HF and GF together, 2 scoops of each with a scoop of whey. It's crazy good.

nah, never tried gain fast....i'll keep that on the back burner if i need extra calories on my bulk which should be blasting off soon.....

13 days
320 hours
19203 minutes

but who's counting.....

John-TNS
12-18-08, 11:07 am
Weak parts first my friend! Hit them inclines... You are on the road my friend

Hoomgar
12-18-08, 11:41 am
nah, never tried gain fast....i'll keep that on the back burner if i need extra calories on my bulk which should be blasting off soon.....

13 days
320 hours
19203 minutes

but who's counting.....

LOL! It's on!

Weak parts first my friend! Hit them inclines... You are on the road my friend

That is the plan now my man. I also have a new bench routine I need to look at and consider. Time to bring my chest up with the rest of me.

Hg

B Con
12-19-08, 8:51 am
I think we are just spoiled to the new flavoring in all the latest supplements Ha ha! It's growing on me. Both the HF and the GF are really creamy and smooth. The flavoring isn't bad, it's just weak compared to the newer supplements like Torrent and Intra-Aid. But this isn't a comparison so forget that.

The Gain Fast is the one I'm finding most interesting. It's loaded with nutrition, digestive enzymes and the works just like the Hard Fast but the GF is also a heavy hit of calories. yet, I seem to be burning BF while stacking these together like this? It's too soon to tell for sure but this is what I am seeing coming down on the end of week 1.

The main thing is I got my pump back. I'm on my way back up. I was worried about that for a bit if you saw my last entry in my life thread.

Reading up on Genesis again and the others today, I may just switch to this stuff for a while as my basics? These products used together like this have me covered on my EFA's and Joint support as well. Pretty solid stuff.

I'm already getting the itch for a test booster. I'm 40 days away from that yet though. Or am I? Hmwaaaa! :D

Hg

I get excited reading posts and thoughts like these from you. Makes me totally re-think my supp plans... BTW you are entitled to a sneak peek at mine if you want.

Hoomgar
12-19-08, 9:51 am
I get excited reading posts and thoughts like these from you. Makes me totally re-think my supp plans... BTW you are entitled to a sneak peek at mine if you want.

I feel the supplement stack the part of our training that affords us the most leeway for playing around. The training and the diet must be kept in check and the supplements as well but they can be tailored a good bit as we see fit. I dunno, just how I look at it. I feel the supps help me a lot but in the grand scheme of things they are the least important to my goals so I have some room to be the mad chemist there. Just trying to make it better all the time.

As for your stack, bring that! PM sent homie...

Hg

B Con
12-19-08, 10:04 am
I feel the supplement stack the part of our training that affords us the most leeway for playing around. The training and the diet must be kept in check and the supplements as well but they can be tailored a good bit as we see fit. I dunno, just how I look at it. I feel the supps help me a lot but in the grand scheme of things they are the least important to my goals so I have some room to be the mad chemist there. Just trying to make it better all the time.

As for your stack, bring that! PM sent homie...

Hg

You know I can't agree more with that. Nutrition and Training are so damn vital. I just view the supplements as the icing on the cake so to speak. Gotta play around and see what works for ya.

Hoomgar
12-19-08, 10:52 am
Pre-wo supps: 6 Amino Tech tabs, 2 GH Max tabs, 4 scoops Strawberry Hard Fast w/ 1 scoop Strawberry Whey...

Warmed up on treadmill for 10 minutes then...

Legs:

BB Squat: WU Barx15 - 135x15 225x4 275x0-(got 3 partial/half reps) 225x4 185x6 135x10...
I should not have jumped up so high all at once to 275, I got greedy, should have just done 245 and got my full reps, oh well, live and learn...

Seated Leg Ext: 75x15 100x12 125x10 150x10 175x8 Stackx8 75x20...

Prone Leg Curl: 75x20 100x16 125x8 Stackx3 125x6 75x20...

-----

Calves:

Standing Calf Raise: 200x10 180x10 160x10 140x10 120x10 100x10...

Seated Calf Raise: 2pies x 15/15/15...

-----

Abs:

Super Set:
Hanging Leg Raise: 10/10/10
alt w/
Crossover Crunch: 10/10/10

1:30 in the gym...

Post-wo supps: 2.5 Scoops Lava, then later 2 scoops Vanilla Gain Fast w/ 1 scoop Chocolate Specialized Protein For Lean Mass, then dinner...

Hg

McFly
12-19-08, 11:01 am
good shit bro!!! I like that you stepped up to 275, confidence and drive put you there....you'll get used to that weight now and soon be taking that weight to the bottom of the hole and driving right out....don't regret that shit broski!!!!!

firsthorseman97
12-19-08, 11:21 am
Great WO Hg. Don't sweat that jump to 275. You have to make it sometime. You have to attack the weights. I like how you backed it off and still hit some reps. You could have easily racked it and walked away with your head down, but you didn't.

Hollow
12-19-08, 11:24 am
Great leg session Hoomgar! McFly definitely knows what he is talking about and for what it is worth I agree with him that you got a feel for the weight and now you will soon own it. Testing the waters. Great work!

Themostocles
12-19-08, 12:30 pm
good shit bro!!! I like that you stepped up to 275, confidence and drive put you there....you'll get used to that weight now and soon be taking that weight to the bottom of the hole and driving right out....don't regret that shit broski!!!!!

x2. I used to puss out on big jumps, but stop thinking about it and just do it. The iron shouldn't intimidate you, you should intimidate it lol. I went from 235x2 two months ago to 300x5 this week. I just got tired of being scared of it. -T.

Mr. Dead
12-19-08, 12:47 pm
Great leg session!!! And there's nothing wrong with tryin' a bigger jump... You felt the tug of the possibility, and went for it... All that means is now you have another goal...

Hoomgar
12-19-08, 1:08 pm

Thanks bro, I was looking at it wrong. I'll get it. I thought I was being conservative when I put the 25's on but didn't stop to consider that 225 only came out at 4 reps.

Great WO Hg. Don't sweat that jump to 275. You have to make it sometime. You have to attack the weights. I like how you backed it off and still hit some reps. You could have easily racked it and walked away with your head down, but you didn't.

Yea it's been so long since I got to squat that I didn't want to quit there bro. Thanks man.

Great leg session Hoomgar! McFly definitely knows what he is talking about and for what it is worth I agree with him that you got a feel for the weight and now you will soon own it. Testing the waters. Great work!

True Hollow1. Now i know where I am right now. Somewhere between 225 and 275.

x2. I used to puss out on big jumps, but stop thinking about it and just do it. The iron shouldn't intimidate you, you should intimidate it lol. I went from 235x2 two months ago to 300x5 this week. I just got tired of being scared of it. -T.

Boom! Right there... thanks T. I needed that. This is how I like to think.

Great leg session!!! And there's nothing wrong with tryin' a bigger jump... You felt the tug of the possibility, and went for it... All that means is now you have another goal...

315? LOL! I know I know, steps bro, I'm going for it now. Squats are back on!

Hg

Hoomgar
12-19-08, 1:12 pm
Today I'm feeling the aftermath of that leg workout. I can't find a comfortable position to sit in. Trying to eat it away. I just finished up my Hickory Smoked Tuna and Whole Grain Brown Rice.

Someone brought in some holiday goodies. There was all this candy (or so I thought) so I grabbed some things. There were these little off white and green balls that I thoughts were probably some sort of yogurt covered confection. Oh baby! Horseradish covered dried peas! WTH!!!! I popped about 5-7 of them in my mouth and it stole my breath. I couldn't breathe at first! I'm going to stick with the malted milk balls now....

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-19-08, 1:34 pm
Today I'm feeling the aftermath of that leg workout. I can't find a comfortable position to sit in. Trying to eat it away. I just finished up my Hickory Smoked Tuna and Whole Grain Brown Rice.

Someone brought in some holiday goodies. There was all this candy (or so I thought) so I grabbed some things. There were these little off white and green balls that I thoughts were probably some sort of yogurt covered confection. Oh baby! Horseradish covered dried peas! WTH!!!! I popped about 5-7 of them in my mouth and it stole my breath. I couldn't breathe at first! I'm going to stick with the malted milk balls now....

Hg

*LMAO!!!* I love those Wasabi peas!!! dd2inxs had a similar experience with some Wasabi almonds... She'll never take my almonds, again... But, make sure you're pushing those fluids, and loading up on aminos!!!

diesel1976
12-19-08, 7:23 pm
Nice workout HG. Looks like your new program is working out for you. Well done sir.

Pizzalamp
12-19-08, 7:34 pm
nice job hg...youre upping the intensity big time

hey...where are the wall sits?? lol

LETHAL
12-23-08, 3:17 am
i am subbed my man. glad to have found you. i have been on vacation for about 10days. get it done my man.

B Con
12-23-08, 8:09 am
That is bad ass reading about how sore your legs were... you sir on on the road to GROWTH. Keep up the hard work.

Merry Christmas and enjoy the good food, much deserved rest, and family time.

scals
12-23-08, 8:27 am
That was an awesome leg day Hg. You're gonna have to let me know how much you like hard fast. Just ordered a tub to try it out. Believe I ordered the strawberry as well.

If I don't talk to ya, have a great holiday Hg.

Hoomgar
12-23-08, 1:38 pm
*LMAO!!!* I love those Wasabi peas!!! dd2inxs had a similar experience with some Wasabi almonds... She'll never take my almonds, again... But, make sure you're pushing those fluids, and loading up on aminos!!!

That is what they were bro. Quite tasty if you just know what you are poping into your mouth first. LOL!

Nice workout HG. Looks like your new program is working out for you. Well done sir.

Thanks diesel, I am trying to work my way up to where I can use big boy weights ;)

nice job hg...youre upping the intensity big time

hey...where are the wall sits?? lol

LOL! No wall sits for me at this time my man. I may need to try them sometime though.

i am subbed my man. glad to have found you. i have been on vacation for about 10days. get it done my man.

Jonny! Good to have ya bro. Now I can get started :D

That is bad ass reading about how sore your legs were... you sir on on the road to GROWTH. Keep up the hard work.

Merry Christmas and enjoy the good food, much deserved rest, and family time.

Thanks Burt, you too my man. Kick back and recharge a little ya know?

That was an awesome leg day Hg. You're gonna have to let me know how much you like hard fast. Just ordered a tub to try it out. Believe I ordered the strawberry as well.

If I don't talk to ya, have a great holiday Hg.

Thanks Steve, you too bro. I think you will like the HF, It's smooth and it grows on you. Just don't expect a real strong flavored shake and you'll be set. the flavoring isn't as strong as modern products but more and more I'm digging the profile as I re-read it.

---------------

I apologize to everyone for not being around since Friday. I am still going to be MIA for a bit here. I'll stop in all your journeys and check ya all out when I get back, you guys all know that. I like to keep up with what each and every one of you are doing.

I've been put down hard all weekend. It started Thursday night after my leg workout and was gaining steam all through Friday. Come Saturday morning I was bed ridden with a fever shaking my butt off freezing. Nasty virus with fever. Sunday started the headaches and congestion and yesterday I had to call off work.

Needless to say there was no back workout Saturday. I'm still out for now but wanted to check in here just to say Merry Christmas to you all.

Plans are to do some sort of workout tonight after work but it is a play it by ear thing. I may or may not depending on how I feel come 5:00.

There is a whole slew of other crap that hit the fan over the weekend and if I didn't know any better I'd think this planet was trying to take me and my family out. But quit we will not! I'll be back, just need to recharge and I will be back.

When it rains it pours sometimes they say... Well, I like to stand with my face to the wind and shake my fist at the rain!

Hg

Hollow
12-23-08, 1:48 pm
I hope the worst is over and you are feeling much better Hoomgar. Once again I admire your determination, not allowing these roadblocks to get you down…speed bumps bro…merely speed bumps in life!

I want to wish both you and your entire family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Have a safe and happy holiday season!

firsthorseman97
12-23-08, 1:55 pm
I hope the worst is over and you are feeling much better Hoomgar. Once again I admire your determination, not allowing these roadblocks to get you down…speed bumps bro…merely speed bumps in life!

I want to wish both you and your entire family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

X2. I don't think I can say it any better than Hollow just did. Take care of yourself and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Themostocles
12-23-08, 2:10 pm
X2. I don't think I can say it any better than Hollow just did. Take care of yourself and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

x4. Sue me, I can't count lol. -T.

scals
12-23-08, 2:37 pm
Get better Hg. Need to be 100% for the holidays.

John-TNS
12-23-08, 8:46 pm
I hope you get to feeling better man. Sounds like a nasty virus! Get well and enjoy your Christmas as much as you can.

Pizzalamp
12-23-08, 8:52 pm
i hope u feel better hg
wishing u and your family a good holiday...

Hoomgar
12-29-08, 11:41 am

Thanks Hollow1, better today, finally. That one smacked me for over a week. Right through Christmas. I did manage to get a couple workouts in however.

Thanks bro, I appreciate that.

x4. Sue me, I can't count lol. -T.

LOL! That was great, you are in good company here bro, no worries :)

Get better Hg. Need to be 100% for the holidays.

Yea we still got new years eh? LOL!

I hope you get to feeling better man. Sounds like a nasty virus! Get well and enjoy your Christmas as much as you can.

The worst is past my man. Looking forward to getting back to it here.

i hope u feel better hg
wishing u and your family a good holiday...

Thanks Pizza, you too bro.

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-29-08, 11:43 am
What's goin' on in here...?

deanna7272
12-29-08, 11:46 am
Glad to hear you're feeling better... Sometimes it does feel like everyone AND theire BIG ASS brother is out to take ya out... We had a week like that also, but you have to persevere, right? That's what makes us stronger....

Hoomgar
12-29-08, 11:52 am
Combined some exercises to cover back and chest since I didn't get to do my back workout on Saturday 12-20...

1 hour in the gym...

Back:

Pullup: Alternating wide and narrow grip - 10/10/5/5 energy fell off after first 2 sets...

Just wanted to try this and see:
Super Set: Did shrugs after reps on SR pulls with each set...
Strongest Range: 135x10 225x10 315x6 405x3...
w/
BB Shoulder Shrug: 135x10 225x10 315x6 405x2...

I could feel my energy falling off. Still quite sick but needed to get some work done...

Chest:

Incline DB Press: 50x15/15/15 60x15...

HS ISO-LAT Chest Press: pps x reps 1x10 2x8/8/7...

Seated Flyes (King Machine): 140x8 160x8 180x8 Stackx5 then 140x8...

Pushing through, just a little more for arms and that was enough...

Arms:

Super Set: Used EZ-Curl bar for both...
BB Curl: 70x8/8/8...
alt w/
BB Skull Crusher: 70x8/8/8...

Went home, took some flu drugs and slept...

Hg

firsthorseman97
12-29-08, 12:00 pm
Hg, you put in some serious work for still being sick. Not to mention you did all that in an hour. I would've went home and slept too after all that. Nice work!

Hoomgar
12-29-08, 12:04 pm
More catch up since I skipped legs on Christmas day. I was down hard on Christmas day, could not talk, trouble breathing, fever, it sucked, whaaaa! Moving along...

10 minutes warm up on treadmill:

1:15 minutes total time in gym...

Legs:

BB Squat: Barx10 then 135x8 225x4 245x3 255x2 265x0(partial) 265x1 then 185x8...
Had no spotter but still got my PR. All reps were full ROM (ATG) or they didn't count...

BB BOR: 135x8 225x6 (pinch in back) 225x4 ouch! Yea, my back, grrrr! Gotta stop...

Switch it up and do some one arm rows since BOR is out due to back injury now...

One Arm DB Row: 100x8 each arm, stopping, these hurt back too...

Rehab the back now I guess? *sigh*

Reverse Hyper Ext: Used exercise ball on crunch bench: 10/10/10/10/10/10...

Need to do something that doesn't hurt low back...

Pullup: Alt wide and narrow grip - 10/10/10/10...

Super Set:
WGPD: 120x8 140x8...
Alt w/
CGPD: Reverse grip - 120x8 140x8...

Nose Pulls: 80x10/10/10...

Back was killin at this point, call it off for the day...

Spent weekend walking with the upright banana pose...

God still heals us knuckle heads! He fixed me up Sunday! I'm good to go. Woke up this AM with no pain. Feeling better. Only slight congestion which is on it's way out.

Tomorrow is chest day...

~pressin on

Hg

Mr. Dead
12-29-08, 12:05 pm
Gettin' the work done, no matter what life throws at ya!!!

Hoomgar
12-29-08, 12:10 pm
What's goin' on in here...?

Life bro, but I don't need to preach to the choir, I know you know all too well how it goes...

Glad to hear you're feeling better... Sometimes it does feel like everyone AND theire BIG ASS brother is out to take ya out... We had a week like that also, but you have to persevere, right? That's what makes us stronger....

We are the overcomer's dee! Thanks for stopping in, I appreciate you!

Hg, you put in some serious work for still being sick. Not to mention you did all that in an hour. I would've went home and slept too after all that. Nice work!

LOL! I was like a dead man my kids told me bro :) "Dad, are you OK?" my boy says... I ask him what time it is... he tells me it is late afternoon! LOL! Time to get up. :D

Gettin' the work done, no matter what life throws at ya!!!

We gotta take what we want bro. Life gives us lemons, we make lemonade. Life craps on us, we use the crap to fertilize the garden! I've never been more determined!

Doubting all the doubts today bro, all of them!

Hg

Themostocles
12-29-08, 4:51 pm
Way to get it done Hoomgar! Looking good bro. -T.

js71474
12-29-08, 4:57 pm
You started a new journey and I got way behind and missed out on some good stuff but I'm in now and looking forward to a BIG 09!

KiNgKoNgPrOnGeD
12-29-08, 7:38 pm
Good shit HG! haven't been here in a while but i know i'm not missing much, just some hard ass training!

Pizzalamp
12-29-08, 7:42 pm
welcome back hg!

scals
12-29-08, 10:54 pm
workouts looking solid Hg. Nice work on those squats.

diesel1976
12-30-08, 12:16 am
Way to keep on keeping on Hoom. Your tearing it up in the face of adversity, your a real animal.

John-TNS
12-30-08, 12:24 am
Welcome back bro! Good stuff

Hoomgar
12-30-08, 10:51 am
Way to get it done Hoomgar! Looking good bro. -T.

Thanks T. Gotta keep progressing bro.

You started a new journey and I got way behind and missed out on some good stuff but I'm in now and looking forward to a BIG 09!

Glad to have ya bro. Not looking to break any world records just yet but I have a nice collection of personal records to shatter now in 09.

Good shit HG! haven't been here in a while but i know i'm not missing much, just some hard ass training!

Keepin the pace as best I can bro. Gettin ready to step it up!

welcome back hg!

Thanks Pizza, it's good to be back my man.

workouts looking solid Hg. Nice work on those squats.

I missed them bro. They really tax me hard and i know they help me grow. Gotta do them no matter how much I like or dislike them.

Way to keep on keeping on Hoom. Your tearing it up in the face of adversity, your a real animal.

Thanks big d. At my age I have finally learned that if you let it, life will rob you of your goals. You gotta go after that stuff with a vengeance and take it by force! No matter how you feel.

Welcome back bro! Good stuff

Thanks John. It's good to be back bro.

-----

Looking forward to doing my chest workout tonight fellas. Energy is still so so, headache wants to linger. I'm not sure why i got smacked so hard this time around? I usually shake stuff like this is short order as I have a very strong immune system. But I am getting better day by day and today is the best I've felt so far since it started so I am going to take what I've got to the gym and spend it.

Hg

Hollow
12-30-08, 11:32 am
Plowing through the workouts even when you aren't feeling the best, my hat is off to you Hoomgar! Excellent work!

I hope you are feeling 100% soon!

Hoomgar
12-30-08, 12:02 pm
Plowing through the workouts even when you aren't feeling the best, my hat is off to you Hoomgar! Excellent work!

I hope you are feeling 100% soon!

Thanks my bratha... I'm on my way out of those woods.

Hg

J-Dawg
12-30-08, 5:25 pm
More catch up since I skipped legs on Christmas day. I was down hard on Christmas day, could not talk, trouble breathing, fever, it sucked, whaaaa! Moving along...

10 minutes warm up on treadmill:

1:15 minutes total time in gym...

Legs:

BB Squat: Barx10 then 135x8 225x4 245x3 255x2 265x0(partial) 265x1 then 185x8...
Had no spotter but still got my PR. All reps were full ROM (ATG) or they didn't count...

BB BOR: 135x8 225x6 (pinch in back) 225x4 ouch! Yea, my back, grrrr! Gotta stop...

Switch it up and do some one arm rows since BOR is out due to back injury now...

One Arm DB Row: 100x8 each arm, stopping, these hurt back too...

Rehab the back now I guess? *sigh*

Reverse Hyper Ext: Used exercise ball on crunch bench: 10/10/10/10/10/10...

Need to do something that doesn't hurt low back...

Pullup: Alt wide and narrow grip - 10/10/10/10...

Super Set:
WGPD: 120x8 140x8...
Alt w/
CGPD: Reverse grip - 120x8 140x8...

Nose Pulls: 80x10/10/10...

Back was killin at this point, call it off for the day...

Spent weekend walking with the upright banana pose...

God still heals us knuckle heads! He fixed me up Sunday! I'm good to go. Woke up this AM with no pain. Feeling better. Only slight congestion which is on it's way out.

Tomorrow is chest day...

~pressin on

Hg

Glad to hear you're doing better HG. Getting sick is never fun, but I see you're still hitting it hard while recuperating. Way to push through it!

LETHAL
12-30-08, 9:03 pm
good to see that you are back in action man and feeling all better. continue to make big things happen and watch out 2009, cause its going to be a great year.

John-TNS
12-31-08, 12:07 am
Watch that back man, I am still dealing with my back issues. Do you wear a belt?

Carpe Diem P.T
12-31-08, 1:29 am
lol @ upright banana pose

that could be the name of a cool gang.

'The Upright Banana Posse' - or 'UBP'

:)

Hoomgar
12-31-08, 10:34 am
Glad to hear you're doing better HG. Getting sick is never fun, but I see you're still hitting it hard while recuperating. Way to push through it!

There is only one way to get there bro and quitting isn't how it is going to get done. Thanks for stopping in here J. I can't tell you how much it means to have your support!

good to see that you are back in action man and feeling all better. continue to make big things happen and watch out 2009, cause its going to be a great year.

Fast recovery is the name of the game bro. Gotta keep it going man :)

Watch that back man, I am still dealing with my back issues. Do you wear a belt?

As needed. I have to admit something weird. Every time I wear the belt is when I tweak my back. This is true for the last 3 times I've done it. I had just put the belt on and that was the set I hurt my back on. Same is true last time I tweaked it. I seem to do a lot better without it. I'm going to nix the belt for a while and see how I do. I think having the belt on makes me hold my back weird or something? I was already starting to put this together but wasn't ready to post it yest because I am still not 100% sure if this is the case. So it was funny that you brought it up.

lol @ upright banana pose

that could be the name of a cool gang.

'The Upright Banana Posse' - or 'UBP'

:)

We wouldn't have to worry about those guys then though LOL!

If you've ever been there (where you cannot stand up straight) then you know what I'm talking about. It's the kind of pain that we DON'T want.

Hg

Hoomgar
12-31-08, 11:06 am
Tuesday 12/30/2008 New York Fitness Center, PA

Chest & Triceps w/ some shoulders...

I can't sit around waiting for my zeal to return, my energy still is hiding in the dark recesses of my soul. I want to break free but the nagging doubts keep pulling down on me, hanging onto me from all sides, weighing me down, making my quest even heavier...

Hey, heavier is good right!? Ha ha! It doesn't matter what mind games are going on right now, this 42 year old body is going into the gym and is going to have a chest workout!

Pre-wo: 2 GH Max, then 6 Amino Tech tabs, then 4 scoops Hard Fast w/ 1 scoop whey while warming up...

Chest:

Incline DB Press: 40x14 50x15 60x15 70x8...

Incline DB Flyes: 35x15 40x15 45x15 50x15...

Seated Flyes: (King Machine) 120x8 140x8 160x8 180x8 Stackx6 140x12 no rest between last 2 sets...

Seated Pec Deck Machine: (finishers) 65x10 50x10 40x16 25x20 no rests between sets and a tight pause/squeeze of the chest at the top of each rep...

Shoulders & Triceps:

Seated ISO-Lateral Side Raise Machine: 120x8 150x8 180x8 210x8 120x10 no rest between last 2 sets...

Seated Tricep Ext Machine: 80x18 90x14 100x10 110x8 80x12 no rests between last 2 sets...

Chest & Triceps:

DB Pullovers: 40x10/10/10/10

Post-wo 6 Amino Tech tabs, then 2.5 scoops Lava...

1:10 minutes in the gym.

Feeling it today. Steak and eggs for breakfast.

Be safe tonight everyone! Have a great New Years Eve!

Hg

firsthorseman97
12-31-08, 11:12 am
Workout looked good Hg. You put in some work for alledgedly not having any energy. LOL!

Happy New Years to you and yours.

scals
12-31-08, 11:19 am
Great workout Hg! Strong shit bro. MMM steak and eggs.

Themostocles
12-31-08, 12:15 pm
Happy New Years Hoomgar! Definitely put some work in today, those are some strong incline flyes bro, great stuff. -T.

Mr. Dead
12-31-08, 12:16 pm
Great session!!! You're gonna have to be gettin' some new shirts soon!!!

Hollow
12-31-08, 2:40 pm
That was a great chest session Hoomgar!!!

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!!!

Pizzalamp
12-31-08, 2:57 pm
have a safe night hg! happy new year!

Hoomgar
01-05-09, 2:56 pm
Had to hurry because the gym was closing early and I had just a little over 50 minutes before they closed to fit in what ever I could.

Warmed up with stretches and bw squats then:

Walking DB Lunge: Walked the hallway up and then back with a pair of 20's for 26/26...

Hack Squat: Sled x10 - 1pps x10 - 2pps x10 - 2pps x10 - 1pps x10 - 1pps x10 - double bounce at the bottom of each rep hitting the stop at the bottom for a full stretch...

Seated Calf Raise: 2pies x15/15/15/15 wide/medium/narrow...

Calf Sled: 2-100's x 15/15/15/15...

45 minutes, out of time because the gym was closing...

Hg

Mr. Dead
01-05-09, 2:58 pm
Had to hurry because the gym was closing early and I had just a little over 50 minutes before they closed to fit in what ever I could.

Warmed up with stretches and bw squats then:

Walking DB Lunge: Walked the hallway up and then back with a pair of 20's for 26/26...

Hack Squat: Sled x10 - 1pps x10 - 2pps x10 - 2pps x10 - 1pps x10 - 1pps x10 - double bounce at the bottom of each rep hitting the stop at the bottom for a full stretch...

Seated Calf Raise: 2pies x15/15/15/15 wide/medium/narrow...

Calf Sled: 2-100's x 15/15/15/15...

45 minutes, out of time because the gym was closing...

Hg

Great stuff there!!! You know how I love leg days...

McFly
01-05-09, 3:05 pm
yo big boy! what's going on in here?

firsthorseman97
01-05-09, 3:07 pm
Great WO, especially for only having 45 minutes to get it in.

Hoomgar
01-05-09, 3:09 pm
Must have re-tweaked my back during Thursday's leg workout. Friday was horrible. Saturday is back day... *sigh* We went for a our traditional New years day family hike in the afternoon and it helped my back tremendously.

I did what I could that would work with my injury instead of against it.

Seated WGPD: WU 60x20 80x20 then 100x8 120x8 140x8 160x8 180x6 200x4 and drop for 100x20...

Seated CGPD: Reverse grip - 80x12 100x8 120x8 140x8 160x8 then drop for 80x16...

Nose Pulls: 80x10 these hurt so drop to 70x10/10/10/10/10...

HS ISO-LAT Row: All 4 grip positions - 1pps x 12/12/12/12/12/12...

Seriously thought I was going to pass out from the back pain at this point. I had to lay down on a flat bench and put my feet up for about 5 minutes or so and then did a few bw hangs from the chin up bar while swaying slowly. My back definitely did not want to do any more. I kept getting light headed and was getting concerned about passing out in the gym. That would be very embarrassing so i called it quits and did some reverse hypers...

Revers Hyper Ext: On swiss ball over crunch bench - 10/10/10/10/10/10...

The hypers helped. 1 hour in the gym. I went home and rested.

Saturday I had to live on IB-p. Finally Sunday I was feeling better and could function without pain relievers.

Today I feel good. Back is sore but it is OK. I'm not letting up. This persistent keeping after it like this is making the injuries heal faster than in the past.

I have Mondays off now from my normal evening activities of 2008 so I may switch up my split again. For tonight, I'll be resting.

Looking forward to my chest workout tomorrow. Gotta keep it rolling my brothers.

I'm super busy at work right now which is actually a really good thing given the economy so if you don't see me around much today that is why.

~Keepin it real

Hg

Hoomgar
01-05-09, 3:13 pm
Workout looked good Hg. You put in some work for alledgedly not having any energy. LOL!

Happy New Years to you and yours.

Thanks bro. Hope you had a great new years too my man.

Great workout Hg! Strong shit bro. MMM steak and eggs.

Thanks broseph... gotta get stronger so steak and eggs is the new breakfast of champions man ;)

Happy New Years Hoomgar! Definitely put some work in today, those are some strong incline flyes bro, great stuff. -T.

Doing the increased incline work you recommended T. Gotta build that upper chest.

Great session!!! You're gonna have to be gettin' some new shirts soon!!!

LOL! I just pulled 17 workout shirts out of my drawer and put them in a box. None of my large shirts fit me now. I need to get some more XL's. It feels good to have earned the XL the right way and not the couch potato way.

That was a great chest session Hoomgar!!!

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!!!

Thanks Hollow, I trust your holidays were bright as well my man?

have a safe night hg! happy new year!

Thanks PL, spent it with the extended family. Lots of eats!

Hg

Mr. Dead
01-05-09, 3:16 pm
Must have re-tweaked my back during Thursday's leg workout. Friday was horrible. Saturday is back day... *sigh* We went for a our traditional New years day family hike in the afternoon and it helped my back tremendously.

I did what I could that would work with my injury instead of against it.

Seated WGPD: WU 60x20 80x20 then 100x8 120x8 140x8 160x8 180x6 200x4 and drop for 100x20...

Seated CGPD: Reverse grip - 80x12 100x8 120x8 140x8 160x8 then drop for 80x16...

Nose Pulls: 80x10 these hurt so drop to 70x10/10/10/10/10...

HS ISO-LAT Row: All 4 grip positions - 1pps x 12/12/12/12/12/12...

Seriously thought I was going to pass out from the back pain at this point. I had to lay down on a flat bench and put my feet up for about 5 minutes or so and then did a few bw hangs from the chin up bar while swaying slowly. My back definitely did not want to do any more. I kept getting light headed and was getting concerned about passing out in the gym. That would be very embarrassing so i called it quits and did some reverse hypers...

Revers Hyper Ext: On swiss ball over crunch bench - 10/10/10/10/10/10...

The hypers helped. 1 hour in the gym. I went home and rested.

Saturday I had to live on IB-p. Finally Sunday I was feeling better and could function without pain relievers.

Today I feel good. Back is sore but it is OK. I'm not letting up. This persistent keeping after it like this is making the injuries heal faster than in the past.

I have Mondays off now from my normal evening activities of 2008 so I may switch up my split again. For tonight, I'll be resting.

Looking forward to my chest workout tomorrow. Gotta keep it rolling my brothers.

I'm super busy at work right now which is actually a really good thing given the economy so if you don't see me around much today that is why.

~Keepin it real

Hg

Takin' care of business, no matter what life throws at ya!!! Hreat stuff, bro!!!

Hoomgar
01-05-09, 3:16 pm
Great stuff there!!! You know how I love leg days...

I want to get back to squatting so bad bro. I finally was back to it. I'm learning what works and what injures me. It seems that BOR and T-Bar Rows are a bad exercise for me. I may cut them completely and just use the one arm DB rows.

yo big boy! what's going on in here?

McFly! It's 2009 brother, we are doing this my man. How are things in your world homie?

Great WO, especially for only having 45 minutes to get it in.

It was a good thing too bro. I was going to do more but by the time I got home it was apparent that I should have gone a bit easier on my back. I think the hacks got me?

Hg

Hoomgar
01-05-09, 3:17 pm
Takin' care of business, no matter what life throws at ya!!! Hreat stuff, bro!!!

Can't stop d-man, not now. You know how it is...

Hg

Mr. Dead
01-05-09, 3:18 pm
I want to get back to squatting so bad bro. I finally was back to it. I'm learning what works and what injures me. It seems that BOR and T-Bar Rows are a bad exercise for me. I may cut them completely and just use the one arm DB rows.
Hg

I feel a better range of motion, and better results using the DBs... Which is why I plan on going back to them...

McFly
01-05-09, 3:23 pm
McFly! It's 2009 brother, we are doing this my man. How are things in your world homie?

glad to hear it big bro! Things are just swell in these parts....my meal plan is posted on my fridge, freezer full of meat...heads out of my ass and I'm laying the ground work to surpass everything I did in 2008.

"I'ma get mine"

Hoomgar
01-05-09, 3:33 pm
I feel a better range of motion, and better results using the DBs... Which is why I plan on going back to them...

A big 10-4 on that bro. We need what works, not what breaks us.

glad to hear it big bro! Things are just swell in these parts....my meal plan is posted on my fridge, freezer full of meat...heads out of my ass and I'm laying the ground work to surpass everything I did in 2008.

"I'ma get mine"

The time is now... Glad to hear this my man. I was worried about you ;) There are goals to smash, work to be done!

Hg

scals
01-05-09, 5:11 pm
Good back workout Hg, especially with back pains. Heal up big man.

Themostocles
01-05-09, 9:12 pm
No matter what life throws at him, Hoomgar is in the gym getting it done. Hope the back feels better. -T.

LittleMan55
01-05-09, 9:19 pm
I love threads like this Hg... I can get a little behind come back in and, well its the same old you tearing the weights up! big things in '09 bro!

John-TNS
01-06-09, 12:45 am
I hope the back gets better bro... I have a bit of that myself and were all glad you have plenty of work! Rather have too much than not enough! Keep on keeping on

Hoomgar
01-06-09, 8:34 am
Good back workout Hg, especially with back pains. Heal up big man.

No matter what life throws at him, Hoomgar is in the gym getting it done. Hope the back feels better. -T.

I love threads like this Hg... I can get a little behind come back in and, well its the same old you tearing the weights up! big things in '09 bro!

I hope the back gets better bro... I have a bit of that myself and were all glad you have plenty of work! Rather have too much than not enough! Keep on keeping on

Thanks fellas. The back is getting better day by day. In the past I would never be able to recover this fast so something I've been doing is paying off. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can get done for chest tonight.

~peace

Hg

Hollow
01-06-09, 8:50 am
Good to hear your back is doing better Hoomgar!

McFly
01-06-09, 9:00 am
take care of that back big brother! treat it like you treat the rest of your body...tons of food and attention....you only get one!!

Hoomgar
01-06-09, 9:07 am
Good to hear your back is doing better Hoomgar!

Thanks bro. I could not be happier about the speed of recovery lately.

take care of that back big brother! treat it like you treat the rest of your body...tons of food and attention....you only get one!!

You are so right. This is the one I get. Now to transform it into what I want it to be! :)

Hg

scals
01-06-09, 11:36 am
Kill that chest tonight Hg. I'll be doing the same.

Pizzalamp
01-06-09, 9:33 pm
recover well hg...and kill it again next workout

deanna7272
01-06-09, 10:09 pm
Ok, I'm here to say it again... Take care of that back...lol You did a great job and explained it well, you "worked WITH your back".. You have to do this, it can put you down if you don't respect it...

You mentioned the hypers? They helped? I can't do 3 of them without having to take days off... I soooo need to work on the flexibility.... I better hit that roller....lol

Climb on...

John-TNS
01-06-09, 11:40 pm
Awaiting the damage report from your chest workout.....

Hoomgar
01-07-09, 8:53 am
Kill that chest tonight Hg. I'll be doing the same.

recover well hg...and kill it again next workout

Work was done fellas. Posting it up now.

Ok, I'm here to say it again... Take care of that back...lol You did a great job and explained it well, you "worked WITH your back".. You have to do this, it can put you down if you don't respect it...

You mentioned the hypers? They helped? I can't do 3 of them without having to take days off... I soooo need to work on the flexibility.... I better hit that roller....lol

Climb on...

Hey Dee! Remember those are "reverse hyper extensions" not "hyper extensions". We don't have a reverse hyper table at our gym so I use the "swiss ball on a bench" trick and it works well. Yes they totally help. I attribute a lot of my fast back healing to doing them after an injury. Gets me right back on track quickly. Being out of pain is a good thing ;)

Awaiting the damage report from your chest workout.....

Coming right up bro...

Hg

Hoomgar
01-07-09, 9:06 am
New York Fitness Center - Lebanon, PA

Warm up with 5lb plates, stretch...

BB Bench Press: WU BARx20 95x20 then 135x15 185x6 205x3 225x0 155x12...
I knew I wasn't going to hit any PR's when I only got 6 reps @ 185...

Incline DB Flyes: 50x10 55x10 60x7 50x10 45x10 40x15...

Seated Flyes: (King Machine) 140x8 160x8 180x6 Stackx4 Stackx3 140x12...

BB Skull Crushers: (EZ-Curl Bar) 70x10/10/10/10 alt wide and narrow grip...

DB Side Lateral Raise: 20x10 25x10 30x8 30x7 25x8 20x10...

DB Pullover: 60x10/9...

I was smoked at this point. I wanted to do so much more for triceps and shoulders but I was over an hour already due to taking extra long breaks between sets. Energy and intensity were down. Most likely from recovering from being sick and back injuries but over all I feel I still got some work done...

1:10 total time in gym, out of steam, off to home for wife's birthday party...

Feeling it today quite well so I must have got something done? Chest is mildly sore but shoulders are fried. I would have thought it would be the other way around? LOL!

Steak and eggs for breakfast...

The Stack I am using has been treating me well. I am growing for sure and I like the progress I am making. The only thing that is happening that I do not like is my waist is getting thicker and thicker. I'm out 2 notches on my belt since I started this. I don't know where else to trim back because I need the cals? I guess it's time for a bit more cardio and crunches?...

~doin the work

Hg

firsthorseman97
01-07-09, 9:21 am
Nice workout Hg. Don't sweat it, you'll bounce back fast. You've had alot going on in the past couple weeks to come back from. Rome wasn't built in a day. Wait, actually I believe it was, with the help of aliens. LOL. Anyways, I'm glad to see you back in there pounding away at the iron.

Hollow
01-07-09, 9:34 am
Great workout Hoomgar! Like firsthorseman97 said, you've been through quite a bit over the last couple of weeks and it will take its toll on you. You'll be back up to speed in no time!

Wish your wife a belated Happy B-Day for me! Pssst...any cake left?

Themostocles
01-07-09, 10:39 am
Sorry for not knowing this yet, but I am still pretty new to your journey; what is your front delt and tricep strength like? Both are more important to benching than I realized when I was trying to get mine to go up. My front delts are still kinda loose and I have a hard time stabalizing the bar when I go heavy. Might be something to think about. -T.

Hoomgar
01-07-09, 10:55 am
Nice workout Hg. Don't sweat it, you'll bounce back fast. You've had alot going on in the past couple weeks to come back from. Rome wasn't built in a day. Wait, actually I believe it was, with the help of aliens. LOL. Anyways, I'm glad to see you back in there pounding away at the iron.

Great workout Hoomgar! Like firsthorseman97 said, you've been through quite a bit over the last couple of weeks and it will take its toll on you. You'll be back up to speed in no time!

Wish your wife a belated Happy B-Day for me! Pssst...any cake left?

Thanks fellas. I know patience is part of the game. I didn't want any strength to drop off from my last Test booster cycle but it was inevitable I guess? 3 more weeks until the next one ;)

There was no cake this year Hollow. She wanted ice cream :)

Sorry for not knowing this yet, but I am still pretty new to your journey; what is your front delt and tricep strength like? Both are more important to benching than I realized when I was trying to get mine to go up. My front delts are still kinda loose and I have a hard time stabalizing the bar when I go heavy. Might be something to think about. -T.

There isn't really any part of me bro that I would call strong just yet. I started out doing this in August of 07 and up to that point in my life I've been a relatively weak person for my size. Now the game is to change that. My bench press was 100lbs max in August 07 so progress has been made. It's just that I wanted to be further along by now like my back has done. Legs have tripled, back has easily quadrupled or more but chest is basically only doubled. Early gains, you know how it is. Every day is PR for the first year or so...

Hg

Themostocles
01-07-09, 11:03 am
I know exactly what you mean Hoomgar, I started July '07. My bench is coming along, but its squats I fight. But we aren't in the game to give up and go home. You'll get it when you are ready bro. -T.

scals
01-07-09, 3:07 pm
Great looking chest work Hg. Can't hit a PR every workout ya know LOL. Happy bday to the wife as well.

zanderfever
01-07-09, 5:25 pm
There isn't really any part of me bro that I would call strong just yet. I started out doing this in August of 07 and up to that point in my life I've been a relatively weak person for my size. Now the game is to change that. My bench press was 100lbs max in August 07 so progress has been made. It's just that I wanted to be further along by now like my back has done. Legs have tripled, back has easily quadrupled or more but chest is basically only doubled. Early gains, you know how it is. Every day is PR for the first year or so...

Hg

Well, whats your technique for the bench? powerlifter style, bodybuilding, or a hybrid?

Mr. Dead
01-07-09, 5:33 pm
Great session, Hg!!! Hope the wife had a killer B-Day!!!

LittleMan55
01-07-09, 5:41 pm
Killer looking chest day Hg! You were right everyone must have been doing it last night...

Happy b-day for the wife.

John-TNS
01-07-09, 11:29 pm
Hope your family had a good time tonight bro... Birthdays are always cool

Themostocles
01-07-09, 11:37 pm

x2! -T.

Hoomgar
01-08-09, 11:42 am
I know exactly what you mean Hoomgar, I started July '07. My bench is coming along, but its squats I fight. But we aren't in the game to give up and go home. You'll get it when you are ready bro. -T.

The time is now T! We gotta do this!

Great looking chest work Hg. Can't hit a PR every workout ya know LOL. Happy bday to the wife as well.

I can't? Did you just tell me I can't hit a PR every workout? ;)

LOL!

Well, whats your technique for the bench? powerlifter style, bodybuilding, or a hybrid?

Hoombred... I have no idea Z. I'm a rookie! I'd need someone who knows their stuff to watch me and help me out to know what is up. My bench needs help. I feel it is still stuck back in 2007.

Great session, Hg!!! Hope the wife had a killer B-Day!!!

Killer looking chest day Hg! You were right everyone must have been doing it last night...

Happy b-day for the wife.

I have no idea why but you guys would not believe how sore I am today still from that one! I am more sore in my chest and front delts today then I was yesterday! I have been pumping amino's into my body like water. Something I did worked. I just wish I knew exactly what it was?

x2! -T.

She didn't want to make a big deal of it because of her age. LOL! She is almost 2 years younger than me!

------

I'm giving some serious thought to an early stack change here fellas. It isn't that I am not happy with the current supplement performance but I am a bit concerned about how I am using them and what is happening. I am making gains, strength is staying up ok... but I'm am putting on too much fat.

At this point I'm officially stating that it is getting away from me. I don't see that I can cut back on my diet any more and still make gains so I am thinking about cutting out some stuff and adding a few things in now.

Here is what I am thinking, give me your thoughts, please...

-Add more cardio back in before each workout as well as more ab work...

-Cut out the Gain Fast for right now...

-Cut the Hard Fast servings down to 3 scoops instead of the recommended 4 scoops but keep adding the 1 scoop of whey...

-Cut back even more on carbs and replace them with even more vegetables and fruits to get my carbs that way...

-Keep the protein intake the same...

-Possibly start my next Test Booster cycle awhile as well as the M-Stak? Maybe follow recommended dosing for these this time instead of running 2 cans back to back? I'm thinking cycle them...

-Add BA9 back in as well as some Torrent mixed with the Lava?...

-Maybe some Animal Nitro from time to time as well as still running the Amino Tech?...

Am I over thinking it? Under thinking it? Missing it completely or right on the money?

Hg

scals
01-08-09, 11:50 am

LOL!

Hahaha. I didn't even think about it like that.

Lemme re-phrase ... I wouldn't try for one each time (1 rep wise), as it can take a serious toll on ya. My training partner of 6 years told me he's been training with someone else lately since I'm in VA. The guy trys to max on bench each week and set PRs. Now he blew out his shoulder from the constant heavy pressing.

That's what I meant Hg. You can get weight/reps PRs. But those 1RM PRs, shouldn't come each workout, unless youre using the "Hg Test Cycle" LOL.

Hoomgar
01-08-09, 11:59 am
Hahaha. I didn't even think about it like that.

Lemme re-phrase ... I wouldn't try for one each time (1 rep wise), as it can take a serious toll on ya. My training partner of 6 years told me he's been training with someone else lately since I'm in VA. The guy trys to max on bench each week and set PRs. Now he blew out his shoulder from the constant heavy pressing.

That's what I meant Hg. You can get weight/reps PRs. But those 1RM PRs, shouldn't come each workout, unless youre using the "Hg Test Cycle" LOL.

Steve, I hope you know that I knew what you meant bro? I was joking with you my man, Hoomgar here, don't take me too seriously :)

I just couldn't miss the chance to make the play on those words. It is nothing the same being given good advice from a friend (what you just did) as it is to actually have a friend talk down on ya and tell you that you can't do something (which was the case with you know who in your life).

It's all good here my brother. There is 700 lbs sitting on a bar in the gym, just laying there on the pins taunting me, daring me to lift it.

I'ma sneak up on it here real soon...

Hg

scals
01-08-09, 12:02 pm
Steve, I hope you know that I knew what you meant bro? I was joking with you my man, Hoomgar here, don't take me too seriously :)

I just couldn't miss the chance to make the play on those words. It is nothing the same being given good advice from a friend (what you just did) as it is to actually have a friend talk down on ya and tell you that you can't do something (which was the case with you know who in your life).

It's all good here my brother. There is 700 lbs sitting on a bar in the gym, just laying there on the pins taunting me, daring me to lift it.

I'ma sneak up on it here real soon...

Hg

Oh I know Hg. LOL. Just wanted you to know my thought process when I typed the original statement. Which made me not even realize I served it up for ya to spike it right back hahaha.

I don't think either one of us is too serious, until it comes to training and eating ;)

Mr. Dead
01-08-09, 2:37 pm
I have no idea why but you guys would not believe how sore I am today still from that one! I am more sore in my chest and front delts today then I was yesterday! I have been pumping amino's into my body like water. Something I did worked. I just wish I knew exactly what it was?

------

I'm giving some serious thought to an early stack change here fellas. It isn't that I am not happy with the current supplement performance but I am a bit concerned about how I am using them and what is happening. I am making gains, strength is staying up ok... but I'm am putting on too much fat.

At this point I'm officially stating that it is getting away from me. I don't see that I can cut back on my diet any more and still make gains so I am thinking about cutting out some stuff and adding a few things in now.

-Cut the Hard Fast servings down to 3 scoops instead of the recommended 4 scoops but keep adding the 1 scoop of whey...

-Cut back even more on carbs and replace them with even more vegetables and fruits to get my carbs that way...

-Possibly start my next Test Booster cycle awhile as well as the M-Stak? Maybe follow recommended dosing for these this time instead of running 2 cans back to back? I'm thinking cycle them...

-Maybe some Animal Nitro from time to time as well as still running the Amino Tech?...

Am I over thinking it? Under thinking it? Missing it completely or right on the money?

Hg

Speaking of water... How much are you getting in...? And, the cardio, I'd hit that after lifting... You get better results... How much carbs are you taking in, from food...?

Hoomgar
01-08-09, 3:17 pm
Speaking of water... How much are you getting in...? And, the cardio, I'd hit that after lifting... You get better results... How much carbs are you taking in, from food...?

Plenty of water. 1.5 or more gallons a day. 1/2 of that as straight water.

Carbs might be too high. I'm getting plenty from my diet and that is why I think I may need to cut the GF and cut back on the HF. I may need to cut my dietary carbs back a bit too. I've been enjoying the power I get from it but not the gut.

Hg

Pizzalamp
01-08-09, 8:41 pm
The time is now T! We gotta do this!

LOL!

Hoombred... I have no idea Z. I'm a rookie! I'd need someone who knows their stuff to watch me and help me out to know what is up. My bench needs help. I feel it is still stuck back in 2007.

She didn't want to make a big deal of it because of her age. LOL! She is almost 2 years younger than me!

------

Hg
hey hg heres what i think:
cardio after the workout...make sure u get ya heart rate up for fat burning
cut back on carbs a bit and add in good fats...keep the protein high
pick either lava or torrent post workout-i wouldnt mix the two
maybe instead of the gain max make your own with whey iso oats berries and some almond or peanut butter

zanderfever
01-08-09, 9:20 pm
=

------

Hg

Hmmm... Seeing as its now 2009 that would be a problem. An easy, over the internet help would be to simply bring the bar lower on your chest and to tuck in your elbows. This will put the load more on the triceps than your used to, but if its weight you want then go with triceps.

Isn't DOMS fun? Haha, enjoy the work you put in.

You've got a plan for the waistline so put it to good use. I don't think I saw Animal Cuts in there, maybe you'd want to invest in that a bit? I don't know enough about Test Boosters to help with that, but what you say does make sense.

Firedrake
01-08-09, 9:57 pm
Sounds like you're getting a lot of good advice on the diet/supp changes. You should be proud that you're making the changes now, rather than wait till it gets further out of hand.

Small course corrections are always easier.

John-TNS
01-08-09, 11:04 pm
I would drop the torrent and increase cardio POST workout and on days off. Gradually increase the cardio. Example: if you are doing 90 min a week, increase to 110... dont jump from 90 to 180 min... could kill the muscle gain... I would have someone tailor your diet to your specific goals based upon BF% and body measurements.. just my $.02

Just a side note, when I was dropping BF like a mofo cutting out torrent made a big difference. I just simply do 2 scoops whey post workout with some aminos...

McFly
01-09-09, 8:51 am

Hg

maybe cut some of the "bulk" gainer calories back maybe replace with calories from a whole food source.....add a touch of cardio...it's good for the heart anyway....as far as "ab work" that's not going to spot reduce fat HG you know that.

Hoomgar
01-09-09, 12:02 pm
hey hg heres what i think:
cardio after the workout...make sure u get ya heart rate up for fat burning
cut back on carbs a bit and add in good fats...keep the protein high
pick either lava or torrent post workout-i wouldnt mix the two
maybe instead of the gain max make your own with whey iso oats berries and some almond or peanut butter

Hmmm... Seeing as its now 2009 that would be a problem. An easy, over the internet help would be to simply bring the bar lower on your chest and to tuck in your elbows. This will put the load more on the triceps than your used to, but if its weight you want then go with triceps.

Isn't DOMS fun? Haha, enjoy the work you put in.

You've got a plan for the waistline so put it to good use. I don't think I saw Animal Cuts in there, maybe you'd want to invest in that a bit? I don't know enough about Test Boosters to help with that, but what you say does make sense.

Sounds like you're getting a lot of good advice on the diet/supp changes. You should be proud that you're making the changes now, rather than wait till it gets further out of hand.

Small course corrections are always easier.

I would drop the torrent and increase cardio POST workout and on days off. Gradually increase the cardio. Example: if you are doing 90 min a week, increase to 110... dont jump from 90 to 180 min... could kill the muscle gain... I would have someone tailor your diet to your specific goals based upon BF% and body measurements.. just my $.02

Just a side note, when I was dropping BF like a mofo cutting out torrent made a big difference. I just simply do 2 scoops whey post workout with some aminos...

maybe cut some of the "bulk" gainer calories back maybe replace with calories from a whole food source.....add a touch of cardio...it's good for the heart anyway....as far as "ab work" that's not going to spot reduce fat HG you know that.

I appreciate all of this fellas. You've given me a lot to chew on. I still haven't heard back from Mr Dead after answering his questions and I want and value his advice as well.

I'm going to chew on all of this over the weekend and put together the stuff that makes the most sense with my goals and based on how I know my body responds to things.

I like the gains I have been making. The days when my wife would not admit any of it to me are long over. She comments a lot now. Telling me I'm getting huge. Asking me how big I plan to get? I can no longer wear the new pants and shirts I bought for myself last fall 07 because I've grown back out of them again now. I bought them because I lost over 70 lbs of body fat in summer 07. Now, I've put some fat back on but no where close to what it was before. Maybe a third of it at worst. So gains are coming and I love it. I never in my life felt my shirts against my chest, my sleeves squeeze around my arms or my quads push my pants up as I walk. LOL! All my pants are floods now.

Sad though, when I look in the mirror after looking at pictures of pros, I see a fat guy looking back at me that has a lot of work to do to get to where I think he should be.

Last nights workout was a real challenge and an eye opener. More on that later when I post it up.

Hg

Hollow
01-09-09, 12:42 pm
Sad though, when I look in the mirror after looking at pictures of pros, I see a fat guy looking back at me that has a lot of work to do to get to where I think he should be.

Hg

Like the old cliché says…Rome wasn’t built in a day…nor were the bodies the pros have built. We all have a lot work to get to where we want to be and since I’ve been following along your journey I can see you definitely have the drive and determination to make those goals come to the forefront. Enjoy the ride Hoomgar!

Hoomgar
01-09-09, 12:43 pm
Like the old cliché says…Rome wasn’t built in a day…nor were the bodies the pros have built. We all have a lot work to get to where we want to be and since I’ve been following along your journey I can see you definitely have the drive and determination to make those goals come to the forefront. Enjoy the ride Hoomgar!

Thanks bro, I'm doing this!

Mr. Dead
01-09-09, 12:45 pm
Plenty of water. 1.5 or more gallons a day. 1/2 of that as straight water.

Carbs might be too high. I'm getting plenty from my diet and that is why I think I may need to cut the GF and cut back on the HF. I may need to cut my dietary carbs back a bit too. I've been enjoying the power I get from it but not the gut.

Hg

Take out the Torrent, and hit Storm and some EAA Stak, PWO... I'd try to get more more straight water in... Also make sure it's cold water, it ramps up your metabolism, as your body has to heat itself back up to "normal" and burns cals...

Hollow
01-09-09, 12:49 pm
Hey Hoomgar, congrats on being one of the winners of the $250 in supps and Gear at The Shop! Enjoy it!

Hoomgar
01-09-09, 1:11 pm
Thursday 01/08 - Legs - New York Fitness Center, Lebanon, PA

I went into this knowing that Squats, Hacks, Leg Press, all of this was out as I must continue to let my back heal. I don't want another repeat of last week...

OK so what to do? My thoughts were to just do extensions, curls and raises and mix it up with some super sets and just hit it with high intensity. I got schooled...

I was going to start with a super set of Leg Extensions and Prone Leg Curls. The gym was packed with resolutionists! I was happy to get the Leg Ext machine so I figured I just do each thing one at a time and keep the machine until i was done since this was the only way I could see it happening. It didn't happen, here is what went down:

Legs:

Warmed up for 10 minutes on the treadmill...

Seated Leg Ext: 50x15 75x15 100x15 125x15 150x15 175x15 Stackx12 then immediately into 100x20...

then it happened, upon getting up from the flusher set of 100 I got a smashing, throbbing head pain that almost put me on the floor. Joe resolutionist was standing there waiting for me to clear the machine for him and I was going cross eyed.

I managed to get my shaker cup, towel and log off the floor and wiped down the machine. It still hadn't cleared. i never had one of these hang like this before. I was forced to go into the locker room and sit down. I ended up spending over 20 minutes in there for it to clear. Finally after a good 20+ minutes it has defused to the point that I could function enough to drive home.

I started getting my things together to go home and I just got pissed off all of a sudden out of no where. I mean fire mad like move out of the way type stuff. Losing another day long planned workout to physical health symptoms was just getting too old.

I chugged the rest of my shake and went back out to see what if anything I could get done. I couldn't hurt to do more if I was careful to not spike the condition again right?

I was right...

I was able to finish with some more work. Nothing close to what I wanted to do but it felt better having it done.

I was afraid to try the prone leg curl due to my head so I figured I'd use the calf sled a bit since that hits the hamms some while working the calves.

Calf Sled: 2-100lb plates on sled - 15/15/15/15/15/15 alternating wide and narrow foot placement...

Those felt good, no problems with the head...

Seated Calf Raise: 2px15 3px15/12 2px15/15/15...

Stretched calves good between each set...

Head felt good so I trid some prone leg curls...

Prone Leg Curl: 75x12 100x12 125x8 Stackx4/3 75x16...

Started feeling it trying to come back on in my head as I was going for my 20 reps on the last set so I stopped at 16.

I spent 1:05 minutes in the gym...

Left the gym feeling happy that I got done what I did get done but still angry that I couldn't just go in and do what I wanted to do. Which was a compromise from squatting in the first place as it was.

So my body taught me a lesson last night. One that still has me angry enough to kill but was needed just the same. That lesson was that no matter how strong we can make our minds, the body does still have it's own limits and we must learn them.

As I type this I am getting more and more angry by the minute. The guy that sits in front of my makes so many mouth noises slurping and gulping and chewing while he eats that it takes every ounce of my strength to not get up and pop him in the head! I am not even remotely joking. I had to get up and walk away many a time for fear that I was going to cross the line.

Stay above the fray? Yea, that is what I need to do and it is what I will do but doing the right thing doesn't make the irritation feel any less.

Sorry for the rant, I feel like murder today and just need to chill the freak out!

Tomorrow I am going to put together some sort of back workout that wont re-injure my back... again...

Thanks for humoring me...

Hg

Hoomgar
01-09-09, 1:15 pm
Take out the Torrent, and hit Storm and some EAA Stak, PWO... I'd try to get more more straight water in... Also make sure it's cold water, it ramps up your metabolism, as your body has to heat itself back up to "normal" and burns cals...

Thanks bro. I'm going to get some more EAA Stack for sure. I haven't been using any Torrent so I'll stay away from it for a bit more.

Hey Hoomgar, congrats on being one of the winners of the $250 in supps and Gear at The Shop! Enjoy it!

It rocked bro, thanks man :)

scals
01-09-09, 1:18 pm
Damn Hg. Sorry the workout didn't go the way you wanted it to. But shows who you are by going in there after severe head pain and getting done what ya could. Rest up and "safely" train that back of yours.

Mr. Dead
01-09-09, 1:18 pm
Getting it done, AND listening to the body... Great session, and don't try to tell me it wasn't...

firsthorseman97
01-09-09, 1:28 pm
So my body taught me a lesson last night. One that still has me angry enough to kill but was needed just the same. That lesson was that no matter how strong we can make our minds, the body does still have it's own limits and we must learn them.

Sounds to me like you taught your body a lesson last night too. You sure as hell didn't pack it in, you went back for more. You told your body right then and there that you were not going to puss out and that you were going to finish what you started. A lesser man would have just went home and sat on the couch, ate potato chips and wallowed in self pity, but not you. Props, Hg, hold your head high, don't let this shit get you down.

Hollow
01-09-09, 1:42 pm
Damn Hg. Sorry the workout didn't go the way you wanted it to. But shows who you are by going in there after severe head pain and getting done what ya could. Rest up and "safely" train that back of yours.

Getting it done, AND listening to the body... Great session, and don't try to tell me it wasn't...

Both scals17 and Mr. Dead have covered what needed to be said. It was a great session Hoomgar!

Hoomgar
01-09-09, 3:47 pm

Sounds to me like you taught your body a lesson last night too. You sure as hell didn't pack it in, you went back for more. You told your body right then and there that you were not going to puss out and that you were going to finish what you started. A lesser man would have just went home and sat on the couch, ate potato chips and wallowed in self pity, but not you. Props, Hg, hold your head high, don't let this shit get you down.

Both scals17 and Mr. Dead have covered what needed to be said. It was a great session Hoomgar!

Thanks my brothers. I'm feeling a bit better about it as the day goes on. I managed to make my calves sore at least so it wasn't a wash. I didn't kill my co-worker today so that is also a plus.

Well at least my eats were good today. I never do this so what the heck...

Meal #1: Upon rising, Whey and Casein shake with my morning supplements
Meal #2: On the way to work, Steak & Eggs w/ WW toast butter and jelly, coffee, supps
Meal #3: 4 egg whites with 1 scoop Strawberry Just Whey, 1 Banana, 2 Oat & Honey Granola bars
Meal #4: Lunch, 6.4oz Tuna, 8.5oz Whole Grain Rice, supps
Meal #5: Shake= 2 scoops Chocolate Hard Fast and 1 scoop Chocolate Specialized protein
Meal #6: Diner, don't know what it will be yet?, supps...
Meal #7: After diner snack between diner and bedtime shake, not sure yet what it will be?
Meal #8: 1 scoop Casein with 1 scoop Vanilla Specialized protein, supps

Now one last element to get past...

Tonight is our 21 year Anniversary! What to do on a low budget?

hmmmm? <insert scratching chin smiley here>

Hg

Firedrake
01-09-09, 3:52 pm
I guess I don't have to repeat the "take care of your back" lesson with you. Let's face it, I'm the bad example, and you really don't want to wind up with a titanium-reinforced spine, however cool it sounds.

It does sound, though, like you got in there and got the work done, despite the problems, and that's a good lesson, too -- working around those limitations your body insists on from time to time can be a lesson both in creativity and persistence.

Good work!

LittleMan55
01-09-09, 4:18 pm
learning a lesson about the body is a good thing... Rest that back up. Way to get work in by the way.

Good eats today!

Congrats on 21 years!

J-Dawg
01-09-09, 4:29 pm
Congrats on 21 years HG!

Mr. Dead
01-09-09, 4:39 pm
Now one last element to get past...

Tonight is our 21 year Anniversary! What to do on a low budget?

hmmmm? <insert scratching chin smiley here>

Hg

Now if you can't figure that one out, by yourself... You MUST be married... *L* HUUUGE congrats to you and the Mrs., for 21 years!!!

John-TNS
01-09-09, 8:32 pm
Grats on winning the 250.00 in the shop bro! Good job on the legs despite the health issues.

Hollow
01-10-09, 1:53 pm
Now if you can't figure that one out, by yourself... You MUST be married... *L* HUUUGE congrats to you and the Mrs., for 21 years!!!

LMAO...X2! Huge congratulations to you and your wife Hoomgar!

Themostocles
01-10-09, 2:52 pm

x5! Anyone that can put up with one of us this long has to be a keeper lol. -T.

Pizzalamp
01-10-09, 3:23 pm
have a great anniversary hg!

diesel1976
01-10-09, 3:57 pm
Nice work and a big congrats on 21 years, that is truly awesome.

zanderfever
01-11-09, 5:22 pm
Head pains are rough. I had a few weeks of battle against head pain so bad that if I heard a clang I would wince since it went right through my head with sharp pains. Of course, I wasn't as smart as you since you stopped for a bit. I went on to hit a PR on Deads and Squats... My head didn't recover by the next day. Your a wise man who listens to his body and you'll be better for it. Just keep on trucking and you'll be back 100% when your back.

B Con
01-11-09, 9:35 pm
Just think you have 21 great years and I am about to just start. My my my...

Looks like you have been putting in some serious work while I've been gone HG. Expecting big things from you brother.

John-TNS
01-11-09, 9:38 pm
Grats on 21 man!

Hoomgar
01-12-09, 12:28 pm
I guess I don't have to repeat the "take care of your back" lesson with you. Let's face it, I'm the bad example, and you really don't want to wind up with a titanium-reinforced spine, however cool it sounds.

It does sound, though, like you got in there and got the work done, despite the problems, and that's a good lesson, too -- working around those limitations your body insists on from time to time can be a lesson both in creativity and persistence.

Good work!

Thanks drake, there is only one way to get it done bro, keep on keepin on!

learning a lesson about the body is a good thing... Rest that back up. Way to get work in by the way.

Good eats today!

Congrats on 21 years!

Thanks Broc, I appreciate your support bro...

Congrats on 21 years HG!

Now you realize how old I really am eh J? LOL! My baby turns teen this year :|

Thank bro :)

LOL! thank d-man. You are my brothah froma nothah mothah...

Grats on winning the 250.00 in the shop bro! Good job on the legs despite the health issues.

That soooooo made my week bro. Everything I got is all stuff I have been wanting for a while now.

Us "seasoned" guys gotta stick together homie :)

x5! Anyone that can put up with one of us this long has to be a keeper lol. -T.

Ha ha! For sure T. She is a remarkable woman. Way beyond what I could have ever imagined in my life.

have a great anniversary hg!

Thanks Pizza.

Nice work and a big congrats on 21 years, that is truly awesome.

When you find the right one bro... = (a woman willing to put up with ya) LOL!

Head pains are rough. I had a few weeks of battle against head pain so bad that if I heard a clang I would wince since it went right through my head with sharp pains. Of course, I wasn't as smart as you since you stopped for a bit. I went on to hit a PR on Deads and Squats... My head didn't recover by the next day. Your a wise man who listens to his body and you'll be better for it. Just keep on trucking and you'll be back 100% when your back.

I appreciate that Z. No way you would have pressed on with what was happening here buddy. This is trauma level crap. This old guy deals with loads of pain at times and I don't post over 80% of it. If you see me post it, it is because it was serious. I've learned to not run to the doctor for everything in my life because it simply is not needed but this one here, if it keeps up much longer, might need more attention. This stuff will put you on the floor involuntarily if you push it. Your thinking, aneurysm the entire time and panic sets in. Very serious crap as far as how much pain we are talking about. A migraine headache would be a relief compared to this. No kidding at all...

Just think you have 21 great years and I am about to just start. My my my...

Looks like you have been putting in some serious work while I've been gone HG. Expecting big things from you brother.

Keep the pace here bro. Gotta do what we do. Hope you are hooking into a keeper too bro. Nothing better in life than having the right partner to share it with.

Grats on 21 man!

Thanks John. I honestly do not know where the years went?

Hg

Mr. Dead
01-12-09, 12:35 pm
Anything good, going on, up in here...?

Hoomgar
01-12-09, 12:40 pm
Saturday AM. Was looking forward to this. Woke up early, felt a little fuzzy but knew if I laid back down I would not get back up.

Snacked while I packed my bag and left for the gym.

Warmed up for good before doing anything heavy with 5lb plates and then assisted pullups...

Back:

Pullup: BWx 10/6/6/6 alt wide and narrow (underhand) grip positions. I got 10 on my first set and that head pain started to come back as I was getting off the bar. I rested a few minute so it would not set in. I knew, at this point, that my day was shot, at least as far as "heavy" goes. I got 3 more sets in and my head seemed to allow 6 reps each...

OK so head issues again today still. Revamped my plans to plan B. Lighter weight :|

Seated WGPD: 100x14 110x12 120x10 130x8 140x8 100x14...
I could tell there was no way I was going to go heavy on these today let alone get the stack for any reps so I just backed off and got something done as best I could...

Seated CGPD: (reverse grip) 80x14 90x12 100x10 110x8 120x8 80x20...
Super light weight, head pounding, Hoom pissed!...

Biceps:

BB Curl: Rack runner- 80x8 70x8 60x8 50x10 40x14 30x16...
These felt good, I was able to put in some work towards fatigue without my head feeling like it would explode. However, these hit my front delts more than my biceps??? What am I doing wrong?

Missed out on traps now for too long so I threw some shrugs in...

BB Shoulder Shrug: 135x15 225x15 315x10/10 225x15 135x15 last set was behind the back...

Off to the treadmill for cardio fat boy. Gotta get something productive done...

42 minutes, 2.5 miles treadmill...

1.5 hours in the gym, off to breakfast for steak and eggs...

Hg

Hoomgar
01-12-09, 12:41 pm
Anything good, going on, up in here...?

Just posted it up bro. Nothing to write home about but I logged it anyway. I'm going to come out of this slump this week hopefully!

Hg

Hoomgar
01-12-09, 12:44 pm
Still feeling smashed in the head today. In the past this was due to sinus infections but I don't have any of the other symptoms. Going to monitor this week yet and see how I feel. As of this AM I have a stiff neck and a pounding headache. It's really ticking me off. I despise being sick anymore.

Gotta get better fellas and that is just what I am going to do!

No more doom and gloom in here, I can't stand it. Gotta get my mind off this crap.

So I hope everyone is having a great Monday?

Hg

Themostocles
01-12-09, 12:56 pm
Still feeling smashed in the head today. In the past this was due to sinus infections but I don't have any of the other symptoms. Going to monitor this week yet and see how I feel. As of this AM I have a stiff neck and a pounding headache. It's really ticking me off. I despise being sick anymore.

Gotta get better fellas and that is just what I am going to do!

No more doom and gloom in here, I can't stand it. Gotta get my mind off this crap.

So I hope everyone is having a great Monday?

Hg

I hope it gets better fast. I used to have chronic migraines, I know how miserable than can be. Still you did great even at light weight. Most would have given up. It will get better brother. -T.

Hollow
01-12-09, 12:58 pm
Solid session Hoomgar! Yes I did say it was a solid session. You could have easily packed it in and left the gym but you made the decision to stay and get some work done. You wisely decided to take the day’s session in a different direction, great work Hoomgar.

I am no doctor and can’t offer you any medical advice here but I hope this “problem” clears up real fast.

B Con
01-12-09, 1:08 pm
Keep the pace here bro. Gotta do what we do. Hope you are hooking into a keeper too bro. Nothing better in life than having the right partner to share it with.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Yeah I tie the knot late this June.

Sucks to hear about your head issues; hopefully everything subsides. I have the worst sinus problems known to man and am frequently battling them. Only thing I have found to help is more rest, fluids, and theraflu. I also take probably waaaay too much sinus medicine... but getting in the gym seems to help me as well. Killer workout regardless.

Hollow
01-12-09, 2:09 pm
Biceps:

BB Curl: Rack runner- 80x8 70x8 60x8 50x10 40x14 30x16...
These felt good, I was able to put in some work towards fatigue without my head feeling like it would explode. However, these hit my front delts more than my biceps??? What am I doing wrong?

Hg

Just off hand, I would have to say it may very well be a form issue on this one Hoomgar. (This seems a bit ironic, talking about form...lol!)

Cellerator65
01-12-09, 2:48 pm
i wish i could do that many sets for my bi's haha... after 2 sets they're so pumped that i can barely get more then 5 without immense pain.

Firedrake
01-12-09, 3:25 pm
That was a good looking session, anyway -- but you said a stiff neck? Have you looked into seeing a massage therapist or a chiropractor for it? Hell, just letting a hot shower pound on it awhile could help loosen it up. For some reason, occasionally the left side of my neck gets so stiff it'll send spikes up into the back/left of my head -- you may want to see about some help for that neck . . .

Rage
01-13-09, 2:38 pm
Way to get it done despite the pain brother..

Hoomgar
01-13-09, 2:51 pm
I hope it gets better fast. I used to have chronic migraines, I know how miserable than can be. Still you did great even at light weight. Most would have given up. It will get better brother. -T.

Hanging on through it bro. No more whining about it, I am going to just not think about it anymore. Thanks for the support bro.

Solid session Hoomgar! Yes I did say it was a solid session. You could have easily packed it in and left the gym but you made the decision to stay and get some work done. You wisely decided to take the day’s session in a different direction, great work Hoomgar.

I am no doctor and can’t offer you any medical advice here but I hope this “problem” clears up real fast.

I'ma kick it's butt before it kicks mine bro! I got chest tonight, no more holding back!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Yeah I tie the knot late this June.

Sucks to hear about your head issues; hopefully everything subsides. I have the worst sinus problems known to man and am frequently battling them. Only thing I have found to help is more rest, fluids, and theraflu. I also take probably waaaay too much sinus medicine... but getting in the gym seems to help me as well. Killer workout regardless.

Set backs, gotta love them eh B? Just one more thing to put fuel on the fire! I will have mine! There is no other way about it.

Just off hand, I would have to say it may very well be a form issue on this one Hoomgar. (This seems a bit ironic, talking about form...lol!)

I'm sure it is Hollow1, I just wish I knew how?

i wish i could do that many sets for my bi's haha... after 2 sets they're so pumped that i can barely get more then 5 without immense pain.

Well if you were curling the weight I am curling you could :) LOL!

That was a good looking session, anyway -- but you said a stiff neck? Have you looked into seeing a massage therapist or a chiropractor for it? Hell, just letting a hot shower pound on it awhile could help loosen it up. For some reason, occasionally the left side of my neck gets so stiff it'll send spikes up into the back/left of my head -- you may want to see about some help for that neck . . .

Don't want to go into online drake but yea, a history of chronic neck issues is being reversed on a daily basis. Appreciate your support and advice bro.

Way to get it done despite the pain brother..

Yea I feel like a whimpering baby talking about it anymore Rage so enough of that for me. Time to move on and get back to getting the work done!

I can't tell you how much it means to have you stop in here and lend your support bro, thank you.

-----

I got chest and arms, maybe some shoulders to do here in about 3 more hours. Gotta do work...

Hg

Mr. Dead
01-13-09, 3:00 pm
You already know the questions I'd ask, but... How much actual water are you getting in, in a day...? Stressors...? Any caffeine, aside from what's in any supps...? Pain issues...? (Pain can boost the blood pressure...) Any recent changes in supps...? You know... The usual questions, but they may help ya get to the bottom of things... Great workout, though!!!

scals
01-13-09, 3:03 pm
Pretty solid back workout Hg. Still looked great even if you had to go to plan B. Still worked your ass off.

Cellerator65
01-13-09, 3:06 pm
oh Hg, even when i do low weight my bi's get so pumped... its like if i do more then 8 reps, regardless of the weight, i cant straighten out my arms haha.

I think i might drop my pre workout when i do arms.

or

keep my reps under 6

Hoomgar
01-13-09, 4:02 pm
You already know the questions I'd ask, but... How much actual water are you getting in, in a day...? Stressors...? Any caffeine, aside from what's in any supps...? Pain issues...? (Pain can boost the blood pressure...) Any recent changes in supps...? You know... The usual questions, but they may help ya get to the bottom of things... Great workout, though!!!

Water = 1.5 - 2 gallons a day. At least 1 gallon of that as straight clean filtered water...

Stressors = a lot of the big ones, keeping the house, money to pay bills, so many needs right now...

Caffeine = Mild, a cup or 2 of coffee but not every day. yerba mate almost everyday, none in supps right now...

Pain issues = in constant non-stop pain for about 2 months now (blood pressure normal, like that of a 22 year old man)...

No recent changes in supps (not withing 30 days) but most likely will be soon...

I am pretty sure I've been dealing with an onslaught of various bugs the kids bring home from school bro. My wife and kids are often dealing with the same exact symptoms at the same times. I do need to see the Chiropractor but right now I don't have the money for that.

Pretty solid back workout Hg. Still looked great even if you had to go to plan B. Still worked your ass off.

Thanks Steve, you know how it is with set backs, you gotta do what you can do no matter what.

oh Hg, even when i do low weight my bi's get so pumped... its like if i do more then 8 reps, regardless of the weight, i cant straighten out my arms haha.

I think i might drop my pre workout when i do arms.

or

keep my reps under 6

Cutting out any N.O. pre-wo supps on arm day is a good idea. Also don't load up on carbs pre-wo on arm day. That may help you get more reps in bro. Drink lots of clean water! You are not drinking sodas pre-wo are you?

Hg

Mr. Dead
01-13-09, 4:07 pm
Water = 1.5 - 2 gallons a day. At least 1 gallon of that as straight clean filtered water...

Stressors = a lot of the big ones, keeping the house, money to pay bills, so many needs right now...

Caffeine = Mild, a cup or 2 of coffee but not every day. yerba mate almost everyday, none in supps right now...

Pain issues = in constant non-stop pain for about 2 months now (blood pressure normal, like that of a 22 year old man)...

No recent changes in supps (not withing 30 days) but most likely will be soon...

I am pretty sure I've been dealing with an onslaught of various bugs the kids bring home from school bro. My wife and kids are often dealing with the same exact symptoms at the same times. I do need to see the Chiropractor but right now I don't have the money for that.

Hg

I know exactly how that goes... Otherwise I'd be making a pilgrimage to the CAGE...

Cellerator65
01-13-09, 11:18 pm
i have real gains 1 hour before workout... i dont even remember the last time i drank soda

Pizzalamp
01-13-09, 11:27 pm
good luck hg...hope everything works out for u

Hollow
01-14-09, 7:35 am
Just throwing in my two cents here Hoomgar but stress, even when we think we have it under control can take a huge toll on us both metally and physically.

John-TNS
01-14-09, 8:36 am
HG, good luck dealing issues life throws at us man. I hope you get the diet dialed in and get everything lined up bro. If there is anything any of us can do you know we will.

Hoomgar
01-14-09, 11:04 am
I know exactly how that goes... Otherwise I'd be making a pilgrimage to the CAGE...

Likewise deadman.

i have real gains 1 hour before workout... i dont even remember the last time i drank soda

Good man, was just checkin ;)

good luck hg...hope everything works out for u

I'm golden bro, doing this no matter what. Appreciate your support Pizza.

Just throwing in my two cents here Hoomgar but stress, even when we think we have it under control can take a huge toll on us both metally and physically.

I'm going to handle life with an Alfred E. Neuman attitude from now on bro :)

HG, good luck dealing issues life throws at us man. I hope you get the diet dialed in and get everything lined up bro. If there is anything any of us can do you know we will.

Thanks John. Getting my rest, keeping fluid intake high and hitting the Vit C here. I'll pull through whatever it is that is fighting me. The direction is forward...

Hg

Hollow
01-14-09, 11:08 am
I'm going to handle life with an Alfred E. Neuman attitude from now on bro :)

Hg

Sweet!

Hoomgar
01-14-09, 11:29 am
5:20 PM New York Fitness Center - Lebanon, PA - the gym that sells more memberships than they have room for!

Working in a crowded gym last night. Not only are we dealing with the January take over of new years resolutionists but we had a power lifting gym in the area close down so all those guys have come over here now. So the nyr's are taking up all the cardio equipment and the new to the gym power lifters are taking up all the weights. Time for them to move their upgrade into high gear! The gym will be doubling in size in coming months as they have rented the space right beside it to expand into. Rumor is that it will be double everything they have now. This is a good thing. Now to make it happen.

Worked what I could last night. Went as heavy as I could for what my head would allow. That's all I'm saying about that...

Warmed up with 10lb DB's.

Chest:

I could not get a BB bench, they were all taken, even the incline benches, nothing was available except the benches over by the db rack so db's it was...

Flat DB Press: 30x20 50x15 60x12 70x9/9 50x15...

Incline DB Press: 40x15 50x12 60x12 65x10/8 50x15...

Triceps:

Tricep Cable Pushdown: Inverted V bar - 50x10 60x10 70x10 80x10 90x7 100x4 50x15...

Biceps:

Seated Preacher Curl: 60x15/12 80x6/4 60x10/9...

Chest & Triceps:

DB Pullover: 60x10/10/10/10...

Shoulders:

Seated OH BB Press: First time ever doing these, went light - barx16 alt front and back every 4 reps, 65x12 as 6 front 6 back, 75x8 back, 75x10 front, 65x10 back, 65x12 front...

1:25 minutes, time for treadmill...

Treadmill:

49 minute walk for 3 miles...

2:15 minutes in gym, off to home for Chicken and Rice. Steak and Eggs for breakfast today.

Thursday is Legs...

Hg

Mr. Dead
01-14-09, 11:34 am
Great session, bro!!! Nothing worse than a crowded gym... and the nyr's will be gone soon enough... *L*

LittleMan55
01-14-09, 11:34 am
Great work yesterday Hg! You know I'm in your corner if you need anything (dealing with the outside stuff)...

firsthorseman97
01-14-09, 11:35 am
You put in some work Hg! Way to fight thru the crowd and get it done!

Hollow
01-14-09, 11:41 am
Great workout Hoomgar!!! Before you know it, the crowds at the gym will begin to thin out.

scals
01-14-09, 3:16 pm
Nice work Hg. Keep moving through the adversity. Got me wanting an all dumbbell chest night tonight. Think it might happen. See if I can move those 130s we got.....

Hoomgar
01-15-09, 11:26 am
Great session, bro!!! Nothing worse than a crowded gym... and the nyr's will be gone soon enough... *L*

I really hope so, if the gym stays crowded like that I'll have to hit the garage again but it is freezing out there!

Great work yesterday Hg! You know I'm in your corner if you need anything (dealing with the outside stuff)...

Thanks bro, I appreciate the support my man.

You put in some work Hg! Way to fight thru the crowd and get it done!

I ended up sharing benches,equipment, etc the whole night! It was nuts. I don't want a repeat of that.

Great workout Hoomgar!!! Before you know it, the crowds at the gym will begin to thin out.

Looking forward to it bro.

Nice work Hg. Keep moving through the adversity. Got me wanting an all dumbbell chest night tonight. Think it might happen. See if I can move those 130s we got.....

I see you added some BB in with it :) Good stuff my man.

Hg

Hoomgar
01-15-09, 11:29 am
I'm ready to fire it up. No more waiting. Added to the stack as of now:

GH Stack
N1-T
Chrysin X
Tribulus Pro
Animal M-Stak

More protein!

More weight!

Time to grow...

Hg

scals
01-15-09, 12:36 pm
I see you added some BB in with it :) Good stuff my man.

Hg

You caught me LOL. Everyone was taking up all the free weight benches. I hate doing DBs on BB benches. Idk why, just feels weird.

I'm ready to fire it up. No more waiting. Added to the stack as of now:

GH Stack
N1-T
Chrysin X
Tribulus Pro
Animal M-Stak

More protein!

More weight!

Time to grow...

Hg

Lets go Hg!!!!!!! You making the trip to the Arnold??

Hoomgar
01-15-09, 2:22 pm
Lets go Hg!!!!!!! You making the trip to the Arnold??

No Arnold for me this year bro unless magic money shows up. Hoping for 2010.

Hg

zanderfever
01-15-09, 9:31 pm
Hg, I wrote a little thing in my journey about my shoulder since I went to the doctor. Thought you may find it interesting.

Hoomgar
01-15-09, 11:29 pm
Hg, I wrote a little thing in my journey about my shoulder since I went to the doctor. Thought you may find it interesting.

Checked it out and replied homie.