PDA

View Full Version : Diet Help

sodapop
12-11-08, 12:31 pm
My current diet isn't working - I haven't been gaining weight for almost 2 weeks now.

This is what I'm currently eating:

Meal 1 - 4 eggs, 2 cups milk
Meal 2 - Banana, Pack of Trail mix or Peanuts
Meal 3 - 8 oz chicken w/ 1-1.5 cups brown rice & 2 cups milk
Meal 4 - Peanut butter sandwich & Granola Bar
Meal 5 - Bubba Burger w/ cheese
Meal 6 (PWO) - 2 scoops whey, 2 cups milk, 1 tbsp PB, banana
Meal 7 - Whatever my mom makes for dinner
Meal 8 - Same as meal 6

I'm eating roughly this same thing everyday and not gaining weight.
Only thing is, I usually don't finish my chicken/rice because of short lunch periods.

I need help devising a new diet or something. Anyone got any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

shizz702
12-11-08, 12:51 pm
add in olive oil with your shakes along with an extra scoop of protein, and throw in an extra PB sandwich to start. Also try to get some more milk in. If you can manage to drink a gallon of milk a day you are pretty much guaranteed to grow. And be sure to get some carbs in your first meal, as it's important to start the day out with some carbs.

sodapop
12-11-08, 12:53 pm
add in olive oil with your shakes along with an extra scoop of protein, and throw in an extra PB sandwich to start. Also try to get some more milk in. If you can manage to drink a gallon of milk a day you are pretty much guaranteed to grow. And be sure to get some carbs in your first meal, as it's important to start the day out with some carbs.

Thanks, I'll take all of this into consideration.
I may have to start pitching in for milk, haha.

Aggression
12-11-08, 1:03 pm
My current diet isn't working - I haven't been gaining weight for almost 2 weeks now.

Meal 8 - Same as meal 6

Only thing is, I usually don't finish my chicken/rice because of short lunch periods.

I need help devising a new diet or something. Anyone got any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1. you need some carbs in there for your first meal. Throw in a banana or some oats. 2. You need some protein source in meal 2.
3. Again with meal 4, you need a protein source
4. skip the milk post workout, it will only slow digestion when you need it to be quick

You can take those tips into consideration. Another way to go about it is to just slowly increase your overall food intake. if you were gaining off this at one point, then just add some more calories. add in another egg, have an extra handful of peanuts, use 2 tbsp peanut butter in your shake. those small things will amount to another 1000 calories and you won't even relize it.

Joseb
12-11-08, 10:24 pm
how much do you weigh?

sodapop
12-11-08, 10:46 pm
how much do you weigh?

It's in my sig; 120.

NPRamirez
12-11-08, 10:49 pm
-Change your post workout meal to:
2 scoops protein
1.5 cup nonfat/lowfat yogurt
(mix those in a shake and drink it, delicious. Also, it won't slow digestion like milk will. It will help by providing a large amount of sugars and protein. The effect is completely different then milk due to something in the lactose.)

about 30 minutes after that:
(carb source)
sweet potato
or
oatmeal

Also, I agree with everything stated thus far.

J Wong
12-12-08, 6:54 am

Meal 8 - Same as meal 6

Ok, heres my input..

Meal 1- Get slow digesting carbs in there (I know you don't like oatmeal, so brown rice is fine).. Today I scrambled my eggs and put them in my rice, tasted good.

Meal 4- Doesn't look like any complete sources of protein, keep the PB sandwich and granola if you want, but get some meat or something in there, whether it's 20 or 40 grams of protein.

Meal 5- Add some carbs. You need carbs to grow.

Meal 6-I agree with NPRamirez, you need fast digestion post workout, and milk slows it down.

Meal 2- It SHOULD have a complete source of protein, but I understand your situation that your in school and it's hard to eat a thing of chicken in the middle of class. So it'll do.

If you want I will give you a halfway or so filled tub of real gains. I don't need it.

V Man
12-12-08, 7:30 am
have 4 pieces of toasted bread with your eggs for breakfast.

Meal 3 - make some chicken sandwiches out of your 8oz of chicken.

Bread is high in carbs and calories - you'll get enough of what you need to grow if you throw some bread into the mix.

NPRamirez
12-12-08, 1:39 pm
have 4 pieces of toasted bread with your eggs for breakfast.

Meal 3 - make some chicken sandwiches out of your 8oz of chicken.

Bread is high in carbs and calories - you'll get enough of what you need to grow if you throw some bread into the mix.

lol, funny but true

Joseb
12-12-08, 6:48 pm
It's in my sig; 120.

oh haha my bad, add a tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to all your meals.. thats 960 calories of pure good fats

Redjeep
12-15-08, 8:46 am
Try drinking a glass of milk after every meal you have. 150 x6 =900 extra calories. If you already drink a glass, drink one more.

Nothing easier than killing a glass of milk. Whole milk is best. Also as everyone has mentioned, make your first meal bigger. Eat some toast, rice, or learn to love oatmeal :P.

Best oatmeal:
oats
PB
Honey
little milk
almonds

Carpe Diem P.T
12-15-08, 4:54 pm
didnt i post about 300 diet suggestions in your journey?

Feel The Power
12-15-08, 9:30 pm
Add in some form of carbohydrate with protein EVERY meal. Pasta, bread, oats, brown rice, potatoes, whatever works.. Need carbs to grow.. I read you are 120 and want to get to 160. Gotta eat eat eat.. your body will get used to the increase.. then eat some more.. lol. I went from 190lbs to 230 last winter... granted you wont be as lean, but you will be strong as hell.

Cellerator65
12-15-08, 10:12 pm
Do you do any cardio? or play sports?

castilo
12-15-08, 10:29 pm

Meal 8 - Same as meal 6

there are many things that can affect your weight gain. you're not lifting heavy enough or your nutrition is not up to par for maximum growing. or you're not resting enough which is important for growth. also if you are doing cardio then stop. maybe that is what preventing your from gaining. if all else is good and same then up your calorie intake but small increments but not too much all at once.

castilo
12-15-08, 10:29 pm
experiment and find out what's best for you.

sodapop
12-16-08, 7:55 am
Do you do any cardio? or play sports?

No, I avoid cardio, haha.
Though I did get some yesterday playing basketball.