PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Dangers

Carpe Diem P.T
12-11-08, 5:25 pm
Ok word to the wise, dont cook without a shirt on. Its so hot here in australia at the moment so im getting around without a shirt on all the time. This morning I was getting the steaks ready for the day and all of a sudden oil splashed up on to my stomach and the skin just melted away.

Beware the hot oil

JUGGERNAUT
12-11-08, 5:32 pm
Ok word to the wise, dont cook without a shirt on. Its so hot here in australia at the moment so im getting around without a shirt on all the time. This morning I was getting the steaks ready for the day and all of a sudden oil splashed up on to my stomach and the skin just melted away.

Beware the hot oil

O shit brother, take care of that with some neosporin and get it covered up fast. Best wishes with that healing.

sodapop
12-11-08, 7:38 pm
Shit dude, that sounds bad. Good luck on the healing, bro.

rocky36
12-11-08, 7:48 pm
ive had oil splatter from cooking eggs . not steak but i still know exactly what your talking about . shit sucks bro, also dont put knives in a sink full of soapy water . i did that before and forgot they were in there and cut my hand not fun either

Cstlfx
12-11-08, 10:07 pm
Dont worry bro, I have a couple of round scars on my chest from Bacon Grease popping on me.

Hope it heals up well.

Joseb
12-11-08, 10:21 pm
ouch. dont really use oil in my cooking, but when cooking stuff like ground beef with a lot of fat, the oil spashes all over the place.
how about germ dangers.. like unwashed shaker bottles or chopping boards.

Cstlfx
12-11-08, 11:38 pm
how about germ dangers.. like unwashed shaker bottles or chopping boards.

Dont forget, no cutting beef or chicken on wood cutting boards. Use plastic or glass. Also, use separate boards for meats and veggies, always (have designated boards for each type).

Carpe Diem P.T
12-11-08, 11:54 pm
Thanks for the well wishes guys. My daughter was there when it happened and she thought it was pretty gross watching the skin melt off. Its all bubbled around it now where its blistered. I had to go down to the chemist to get some large gauze pad i could tape on in order to save the surrounding skin from being peeled off on removal of a bandaid.

I also got some burn gel. helps it heal quicker apparently.

Psycho77
12-12-08, 12:04 am
syyeett. Hope it heals up soon bro.

Carpe Diem P.T
12-12-08, 12:05 am
I took a photo of the offending area. It should give you the jist. you can see how the skin has just melted off. The area around it has bubbled since the pic though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/bradlove/Photo0152small.jpg

deanna7272
12-12-08, 12:08 am
Thanks for the well wishes guys. My daughter was there when it happened and she thought it was pretty gross watching the skin melt off. Its all bubbled around it now where its blistered. I had to go down to the chemist to get some large gauze pad i could tape on in order to save the surrounding skin from being peeled off on removal of a bandaid.

I also got some burn gel. helps it heal quicker apparently.

OUCH...

Make sure you keep it clean.... That could leave an ugly battle scar...

Carpe Diem P.T
12-12-08, 12:11 am
OUCH...

Make sure you keep it clean.... That could leave an ugly battle scar...

I have to play Santa today at a day care centre. The little freaks are going to try and hug me. Im going to have to palm them off as unoffensively as possible

deanna7272
12-12-08, 12:12 am
I have to play Santa today at a day care centre. The little freaks are going to try and hug me. Im going to have to palm them off as unoffensively as possible

SANTA GIVIN' THE STIFF ARM...lol

Carpe Diem P.T
12-12-08, 12:16 am
SANTA GIVIN' THE STIFF ARM...lol

I have been asked by the centre not to make them do pushups or chinups etc. 'u want a lolly pop kid? DROP AND GIMME 20' lol I'll make the little buggers work for their cheat meal.

deanna7272
12-12-08, 12:20 am
I have been asked by the centre not to make them do pushups or chinups etc. 'u want a lolly pop kid? DROP AND GIMME 20' lol I'll make the little buggers work for their cheat meal.

You got it... Make them work for it... You should ask them if jumping jacks were okay...lol They have no ethic at that age, you're just "GUIDING" them in the right direction...

Hard Work = Reward

V Man
12-12-08, 7:35 am
Jeez - I hate getting burned - I leaned on an red hot iron a while back and blistered my arm. Its just the most excruciating agony. Its sick. The though of getting seriously burned gives my goosebump and cold sweats