PDA

View Full Version : Rice serving size

Big3
12-11-08, 8:20 pm
When you guys talk about the serving size of rice, do you measure rice cooked or uncooked?

prowrestler
12-11-08, 8:26 pm
When you guys talk about the serving size of rice, do you measure rice cooked or uncooked?

uncooked or dry its sometimes called

Big3
12-11-08, 8:29 pm
uncooked or dry its sometimes called

so when people say they eat 1 cup of rice, they refer to 1 cup of uncooked rice? 120g carbs in one sitting for a bodybuilder seems like an awful lot...

prowrestler
12-11-08, 8:31 pm
so when people say they eat 1 cup of rice, they refer to 1 cup of uncooked rice? 120g carbs in one sitting for a bodybuilder seems like an awful lot...

gotta get big and that means eating big

ive had 200 carb meals before...killed my stomach lol!!!!

some people measure cooked, they normaly say so

Big3
12-11-08, 8:34 pm
gotta get big and that means eating big

ive had 200 carb meals before...killed my stomach lol!!!!

some people measure cooked, they normaly say so

ok. just had to make sure.

Joseb
12-12-08, 6:42 pm
i actually measure cooked.. i always assumed that everyone else did so too

Redjeep
12-15-08, 8:50 am
There is a very large difference between 1 cup cooked and 1 cup uncooked.

castilo
12-15-08, 2:28 pm
rice are great.

InkdMuscle
12-15-08, 2:39 pm

It all depends. on brown rice a 3/4 cup cooked is 32g of carbs. thats 1/4cup un cooked. i just read the back of the bag to make sure.

castilo
12-15-08, 3:37 pm
also it does not matter if you measure before cooking or after. it'll be the same give or take.

theharjmann
12-15-08, 3:47 pm
thats why i always write what i eat and then the grams of carbs/protein/fat in....when people start talking about food weight we never know if its cooked/uncooked unless they say. personally ive never had more than 70g carbs per meal...but then i eat every 2 hours and have a sitting down office job.

i remember when i was at university and was walking to lectures and carrying all my books and gym stuff i was burning more energy so ate more. then when i started work and did the sit down job and ate the same i started to just get fat so i had to change it up.

rice is by far the best carb in my opinion though!

Peace

bunda
12-15-08, 4:26 pm
also it does not matter if you measure before cooking or after. it'll be the same give or take.

no its a huge difference, a dry cup contains a hell of alot more rice and a cup of cooked..

In Flames
12-15-08, 9:45 pm
One cup of uncooked rice is a hell of a lot more rice than 1 cup of cooked rice! How many grams of carbs is in 1 cup of cooked rice? Do you guys just cook like 3-4 cups a night and keep it stored in tupperwear in the fridge and just measure out 1 cup for your meals and microwave it?

Cellerator65
12-15-08, 10:06 pm
i think 1 cup of uncooked rice is equal to 3 cups of cooked rice... as my mum says. Which is enough for a whole day for me.

In Flames
12-15-08, 11:40 pm
i think 1 cup of uncooked rice is equal to 3 cups of cooked rice... as my mum says. Which is enough for a whole day for me.

You're prob. correct. The rice expands and makes more than 1 cup of uncooked rice. 3 cups of cooked rice for 1 cup of uncooked sounds about right. 3 cups of cooked rice a day is all I need! How many grams of carbs is 1 cup of cooked rice?

Cellerator65
12-16-08, 1:10 am
i think its about 50g

Aggression
12-16-08, 1:20 pm
It depends on who you ask as to whether or not its a cooked or uncooked cup. I write my measurements down as 'cooked'. 1 cup of white rice for me is ~45g carbs (cooked). Others might log their food as 1cup uncooked rice. Its all preference brotha.

LegendKillerJosh
12-17-08, 10:43 am
I just look at how many servings the bag/box has and go by that. If it says 6 servings per box, I divide it into 3 portions so I eat 2 servings each time.