PDA

View Full Version : Question with gaining mass then cutting and school.

castilo
12-13-08, 9:40 am
Ok I have a question. So when I am in the gaining mass phase how do I eat? Should i eat pretty healthy with in increased calories? OR I can eat anything I want like Fast Food and Chinese and Pizza and maybe even a donut. If I eat clean I know I might be able to stay as lean as possible but I don't know if I will actually grow. Since I heard that you need to eat anything in order to grow.

Now on the cutting. If I cut I am suppose to do cardio. And I've heard cardio can make you loose muscle. Now I don't know how the pro's or the guys that compete do it but I don't want to mess up bad and lose a significant amount of muscles. Now is this the phase where you guys talk about eating the same tasteless crap everyday or is that also the bulking cycle?

Also I have school. Now if I have work then I can eat but in school I can sneak a huge sandwich in class. And I can ask to go to the bathroom everyday. Also my teacher won't allow me anyways. So how do I bet in my 2nd meal of the day? I eat breakfast at around 7:30-7:40 and lunch won't be until 12:12. I heard this guy who waits until lunch and then gets home and start eating every two hours to get his meals in. Is that a good idea? I do get pretty hungry at aroun 10:30 which is nearly not even close to lunch time.

Thanks for the help.

castilo
12-13-08, 11:55 am
Oh yeah and I remember one time I saw a picture of Lee Priest bulking phase and he was fat! It look like as if though he did not lift at all. But he got back into shape. But I do not want to get that fat. I guess it's fine if I gain a little. But I remember over this summer I went through hell to lose my love handle. And it wasn't that much. I got the skinny-fat guy look if you know what I mean. And I did high intensity stuff like intervals and circuit training but enhanced. Any word or advice?

futurefreak101
12-13-08, 12:07 pm
Oh yeah and I remember one time I saw a picture of Lee Priest bulking phase and he was fat! It look like as if though he did not lift at all. But he got back into shape. But I do not want to get that fat. I guess it's fine if I gain a little. But I remember over this summer I went through hell to lose my love handle. And it wasn't that much. I got the skinny-fat guy look if you know what I mean. And I did high intensity stuff like intervals and circuit training but enhanced. Any word or advice?

you need to post pics..you may have turned skinny fat because you probably had no muscle mass to start cutting in the first place.

castilo
12-13-08, 1:10 pm
Oh no I meant before I got started. I am not super lean but I also don't have enough significant mass to actually even get close to a win.

strivin for more
12-13-08, 5:00 pm
well as for the school situation, i know exactly where youre at. the only thing were allowed at class is clear water. so what i do is get a green water bottle (not see through at all) and make a protein shake. it works. and as far as gaining or cutting, we really dont got what you eat or anything right now to even critique.

castilo
12-13-08, 5:07 pm
well as for the school situation, i know exactly where youre at. the only thing were allowed at class is clear water. so what i do is get a green water bottle (not see through at all) and make a protein shake. it works. and as far as gaining or cutting, we really dont got what you eat or anything right now to even critique.

Actually I was asking what can I eat during bulking? If I have to gain a little fat in order to gain muscle mass then so be it but if I can do it whille stay lean where the abs are showing then ok. I don't want to go through hell again where it is all high intensity intervals and circuits. I can eat as clean as it gets but if I can eat whatever during bulking then I do not have go through all the trouble to bring my lunch and everyday to school and dragging it to class.

But clean I'll eat
boiled or stir-fry chicken breast
tuna
wasa flatbread( the ones I got right now is more of a fiber emphasis)
fruits
vegies
whey
multi-grain whole wheat bread
ham and turkey
plain oatmeal
raisins
fat free milk
cheese slice

if not then whatever the lunch guys are serving and whatever is in the fridge

stumblin54
12-13-08, 5:12 pm
Unless you're an impossibly hardgainer, then eating whatever you want will do you no good. You can eat a lot and do so responsibly at the same time. Increase your calories above your maintenance by 500, and then slowly add more from there. If you're not putting on weight, increase the cals. If you're gaining too much fat, eat cleaner. Red meat, eggs, milk, oats, greens, and whey will get you big. Bring a mass shake to school to fill in the gap between the beginning of class and lunch. As for as that Priest picture, that was an advertisement for a weight loss supplement he was promoting at the time where he was on a mission to become as fat as he could before shredding down to his amazing stage condition he's known so well for. Get that ad out of your head, because unless you're eating twinkies covered in ranch you will not become that fat.

Stumblin

strivin for more
12-13-08, 8:58 pm
i guess youre gonna have to sneak somethin in school then, one of the protein products you listed that you have should work, but if youre bulking you have to plain eat more. and id stay away from school food as much as possible, cause idk bout you but my school's lunch is about as healthy as going to a carnival and eating there.

castilo
12-13-08, 9:04 pm
i guess youre gonna have to sneak somethin in school then, one of the protein products you listed that you have should work, but if youre bulking you have to plain eat more. and id stay away from school food as much as possible, cause idk bout you but my school's lunch is about as healthy as going to a carnival and eating there.

what do you mean? i thought eating whatever is fine, isn't it? as long as it has the right amount of protein needed for mass. i read read schak's article home economics 101: dieting and it saids somrthing like that.

prowrestler
12-14-08, 1:37 am
bring food to class, i did it, all my friends can tell you, my french teacher was cool with it

if some wheren't and gave me shit, id say this line " listen, im gonna eat this meal right now, you simply are deciding WHERE i am goin to eat it, now either get on with the class, or kick me out so i can contiue eating." never failed

i was a bad student in high school sometimes but i passed easily.

shakes are good too (i did both)

bathroom breaks

just make it happen

strivin for more
12-14-08, 11:42 am
think of it this way, if your building a building with crappy bricks, theyll crumble a lot quicker than if you used quality ones and youll have to start over. same for bulking the way i see it. if you dont eat the right stuff, you wont get optimal benefits. your "building" or body wont get big the way youd like it. sure you could eat mcdonalds and such and gain it all, but to get the required protein youd also take in an abundance of bad fats and salt and the such, which would then be turned straight into fat, and youd get no quality nutrients from the calories you consumed. the fats are ok, necessary even, but get them out of a more quality source, like peanut butter or olive oil. youre trying to build a strong building ya know? eat more, but more of the right things. prowrestler had it right. and i said avoid school lunches because typically they are of mcdonald-quality foods. i hope i could help.

castilo
12-14-08, 4:26 pm
well i know what you mean now. but i hade just started to stop bring my own lunch a few days ago. i would just bring plan broiled chicken breast and maybe a fruit. but since i'm bulking i don't want my diet to be stale. and also eating the same thing everyday. but when i get home i do eat pretty healthy with fruits although i need to add more veggies.

redskin 344
12-14-08, 4:42 pm
bring food to class, i did it, all my friends can tell you, my french teacher was cool with it

if some wheren't and gave me shit, id say this line " listen, im gonna eat this meal right now, you simply are deciding WHERE i am goin to eat it, now either get on with the class, or kick me out so i can contiue eating." never failed

i was a bad student in high school sometimes but i passed easily.

shakes are good too (i did both)

bathroom breaks

just make it happen

haha hell yea man. I always save a bagel from the buying lunch at the cafeteria and put it inmy bag, then I either eat it during class when the teacher isnt looking or I wait until study hall (if u know what that is) and eat it there, which is in the cafeteria anyways.

castilo
12-14-08, 4:53 pm
haha hell yea man. I always save a bagel from the buying lunch at the cafeteria and put it inmy bag, then I either eat it during class when the teacher isnt looking or I wait until study hall (if u know what that is) and eat it there, which is in the cafeteria anyways.

we had study hall last year but they took it away. so you see how my situation is messed up here. but i;ll stick with the shakes since it the only way./

redskin 344
12-14-08, 4:56 pm
we had study hall last year but they took it away. so you see how my situation is messed up here. but i;ll stick with the shakes since it the only way./

What you could do is put buy a bagel or a high calorie snack and put it in your locker. Then go to your locker during class in your bathroom break and eat it in the bathroom or something.

castilo
12-14-08, 5:21 pm
What you could do is put buy a bagel or a high calorie snack and put it in your locker. Then go to your locker during class in your bathroom break and eat it in the bathroom or something.

I'll have to be as sneaky as possible but I think I can pull it off. I can half way going to class and finish it off during class. Not a bad idea. Thanks.

strivin for more
12-14-08, 6:55 pm
haha besides, sneaking the food in class is half the fun...

castilo
12-14-08, 7:12 pm
haha besides, sneaking the food in class is half the fun...

i choked up laughing while drinking my water when read this. >:)

RENFRO
12-14-08, 11:30 pm
I'm with these guys bro, "YOU CANT HAVE FOOD IN CLASS!"...*with huge mouthful of food* "what food ma'am?" haha

strivin for more
12-15-08, 7:04 am
hahah well good luck to ya man, im doin the same haha :P