PDA

View Full Version : IRBS' New Log

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

brandonA
02-18-09, 11:04 am
nice work big man...Is that in the Katana? I too have been laying off the oreos...but I do have to take credit for the missing box of Somoas...hahaha....took an extra walk to make up for that one...it was worth it...

-B

IRBS
02-18-09, 2:16 pm
standing barbell strict press is an awsome lift people forget about too often, if your not doin them, try it out for a couple weeks.

635 is a huuuge fuckin lift! good on that IRBS

Thanks man

nice work big man...Is that in the Katana? I too have been laying off the oreos...but I do have to take credit for the missing box of Somoas...hahaha....took an extra walk to make up for that one...it was worth it...

-B

Thanks B. Yes, that was in the Katana. Hopefully I will be opening between 500-515...we'll see.

Samoas...I love Samoas...mmmmmmm, LOL

Big Wides
02-19-09, 10:59 am
Hell of a day IRBS, 500-515 is a soild opener and makes for a nice total at the end of the day

brandonA
02-19-09, 11:55 am
I just saw your RB squat vid from the blog...Your squats are really coming along...You are much more upright in the hole...nice work big man.....Numbers will really start to climb now...

-B

IRBS
02-19-09, 12:48 pm
Hell of a day IRBS, 500-515 is a soild opener and makes for a nice total at the end of the day

Thanks Wides. Hopefully all systems are firing on meet day and I come away with a solid total.

I just saw your RB squat vid from the blog...Your squats are really coming along...You are much more upright in the hole...nice work big man.....Numbers will really start to climb now...

-B

I have really been working on staying more upright lately. Still got a ton of work to do, but it is getting better.

IRBS
02-19-09, 10:16 pm
SQ/DL Accessory

Raw Squat:
Barx10
135x8
185x5
225x3
225x3

Speed Pulls against Greens:
135x2
225x2
315x2

Hanstrings, inner and outter thigh

Done. A very light and quick night. I am taking my Squat opener on Saturday, so this was just an easy blood flow session.

16 days out,
IRBS

Themostocles
02-20-09, 1:41 am
Nice recovery and speed work

IRBS
02-20-09, 9:36 am
Nice recovery and speed work

Thanks T.

IRBS
02-20-09, 12:43 pm
Ok, I have noticed something in a few different threads from different people who are training for Powerlifting and I want to address it briefly.

Diet.

Now, we all know Powerlifters, in general, do not maintain as strict of a diet as a bodybuilder, in season or out of season. However, that is not an excuse to stuff yourself with fast food and any other type of food that is not full of quality nutrients. Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to grab a burger every-so-often, but this should not be a habbit. Generally speaking, you should be eating the same healthy, hearty foods as you would see an off-season bodybuilder eating with the occasional busted meal.

Many of the young guys or guys who are new to the sport see some of the guys who are at the top of our sport talking about how many calories they eat and the fact that they get their calories from MacDonalds, Wendy's, KFC, Taco Bell, etc. Newsflash: these guys have been training for years, sometimes decades, and trained for many, many years with diets that were very clean. They are at the level in our sport where they are doing whatever it takes to get better. Eating themselves up 2 or 3 weightclasses is sometimes what they choose to do, and there is nothing wrong with that...for them! But, most all of these guys were Elite level lifters to begin with. And that said, there are very few guys at the top whose diets are made up of multiple trips to fast food joints per week, or who stuff their faces with frozen, prepackaged foods. If you are incorperating the correct training methods, you will get stronger no matter your bodyweight.

Take a trip to a Pro meet sometime. I had the opportunity to compete in the SPF ProAm back in December (well, I bombed, but thats a different topic, LOL) and let me tell you, aside from 2 or 3 guys out of the field of 40 full meet and 20 bench only competitors, everyone else was in great shape, many were rockin' a set of abs and striated muscles. Now, these werent a few Bodybuilders who just happened to pop over to Powerlifting for one meet who happened to be in great shape. These were Elite Pro Powerlifters who were totaling 2200-2500lbs. You cant just pull that out of your ass. Trust me.

The days of strong as hell, fat, disgusting Powerlifters is gone. There are a few holdovers left, but that trend is dwindling. For the most part, the 308 class and below is packed with guys who could probably diet for 12 weeks, lather some ProTan on, oil up and step on an amature bodybuilding stage and do quite well.

My point is this; pay attention to your diet. No, you dont have to eat like a competative bodybuilder, but you should be just as responsible for what you are choking down. A diet high in protien, good carbs, Fiberous fruits and veggies and plenty of water will get you so much further than 2 Wendy's Double Stacks, Fries, a Frosty and a Coke. Trust me. That meal is fine every once in a while, I have it myself sometimes, but the trend I have been noticing around here is that the Wendy's type meal is the norm for some of the "Powerlifters." Your body will function much more efficiently on quality foods rather than the crap you get from fast food places. If your body is not functioning efficiently, you are not going to hit your true potential in this sport.

Do yourself a favor and pay attention to the nutrients you are putting in your body. I know many of us joke about Oreo's and Double Cheeseburgers, and yes, we do treat ourselves to those things every once in a while, however, that is not the norm, and no one should take it to mean it is the norm. You can also get plenty of solid nutrients down in a cost effective manner if your argument is that its too expensive to eat clean. Chicken, tuna, red potatos, Lean cuts of red meat (you can find this on sale most of the time for very cheap), rice, natural peanut butter, whole grain bread, apples, oranges, nuts, turckey, ham, roast beef, mustard, etc...you get the picture. None of that is expensive. If you cant find it cheap, you need to learn how to be an effective shopper. I can cook a 8-10oz Steak (lean), have some red potatos or rice and some green beans at home for around $6-8 depending on which cut of meat is on sale, and thats an "expensive" meal...it's easy and tastes much better than fast food.

So, do yourself a favor and stop being lazy. Take responsibility for what you are eating. Your body will thank you, and in the long run, you will be much stronger.

IRBS

Themostocles
02-20-09, 2:55 pm
Eloquently put and completely on the mark. But still, I am going to go eat some oreos now ;)

J Wong
02-20-09, 3:16 pm
Great write up man, I don't understand why people think eating junk food constantly builds strength. Muscle lifts weight, not fat.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-21-09, 2:22 am
i just got my new suit, any advice for breaking it in??

IRBS
02-21-09, 1:24 pm
i just got my new suit, any advice for breaking it in??

Start Squattin!!!

Start squatting to a high box and work your way down.

IRBS
02-21-09, 1:27 pm
Squat Opener

Squat:
barx10
barx5
135x5
briefs:
265x3
465x1
555x1
added suit:
645x1
645x1

Will be opening at 650 in full gear. The rep was fast. Focusing on hitting my opener and I will worry about the 2nd and 3rd attempts after that.

Good session,
IRBS

J Wong
02-21-09, 1:28 pm
Nice man, you're gonna kill it!

SQUAT or DIE!
02-21-09, 1:59 pm
Start Squattin!!!

Start squatting to a high box and work your way down.

works for me.

nice opener!

mark
02-21-09, 3:15 pm
Solid opener... Now go do it on the platform

prowrestler
02-21-09, 5:52 pm
good stuff, make it count

IRBS
02-22-09, 7:22 pm
works for me.

nice opener!

Solid opener... Now go do it on the platform

good stuff, make it count

Thanks fellas. Will do.

IRBS
02-22-09, 7:25 pm
Bench Assist

Raw Bench:
barx30
135x10

BB CG Incline Press to a 3-board:
135x8
185x8
225x6
225x6
225x6
225x8

Raw 4-boards:
315x6
405x5

Rear Delts, Flys, Bi's, Traps.

Good session. Nothing heavy at all. Taking my Bench Opener at the end of the week so today was a light and easy day. On a good note, we will have a Monolift in Huntsville by the end of the week. I will be driving out to pick it up this week.

The only Monolift in Huntsville will be at Don's Gym,
IRBS

mark
02-22-09, 8:28 pm
How was the Incline board presses?

Congrats on the monolift... I'm envious...

Themostocles
02-23-09, 1:48 am

x2!

prowrestler
02-23-09, 1:53 am
x2!

make that 3

IRBS
02-24-09, 4:26 pm

It was awesome. one of my new favorite lifts for accessory work. Really kills triceps and front delts without putting your shoulders in harms way. Defintely a keeper.

The Mono is awesome!

x2!

make that 3

Thanks fellas

IRBS
02-24-09, 4:35 pm
Deadlift Opener

Raw Box Squats out of our New Monolift (walked out though, because I was solo, LOL):
135x10
225x5
315x3

Deadlifts:
135x3
225x3
added suit:
315x1
405x1
495x1
525x1 <- likely opener

That is all.

Well, I left yesterday to head to Oklahoma to pick up our Monolift. We found a great deal and our gym owners got onboard as well. The only catch was that I had to drive out and get it...Carter couldnt get off work and no one else was available, so I headed out at 7am for the drive. I arrived in Tulsa at 415pm, broke down and loaded the Monolift into my truck, then turned around at a little after 5pm for the return trip. I got to the gym a little after 2am and Carter met me and we unloaded it and set it up. Got in bed around 330am. So, I drove about 1250 miles and loaded and unloaded a Monolift in about 20 hours...it was a long, long day, but well worth it. The travel was uneventful except for the 100 deer I saw on my way home through Northern Mississippi...there were tons of them feeding right beside the road, usually in groups of 10 or so. I was scared one was gonna fly out in front of me, LOL. Other than that, it was just a long, boring trip.

If you live in Northern Mississippi, get a gun and hang out on the side of the road at night, you cant miss,
IRBS

Big Wides
02-24-09, 6:30 pm
Very nice with the Monolift....the envy of all heavy lifters out there is to have one in your gym

SQUAT or DIE!
02-24-09, 7:53 pm
congrats on the monolift!
sounds like quite the expedition to get it.. cant say that i would have driven through MS to get one though... UGH

nice opener too

mark
02-24-09, 8:38 pm
Solid pulls bro. Congrats on the Mono, sounds like quite the trip.

NJC_Manhattan
02-24-09, 8:40 pm
Deadlift Opener

Raw Box Squats out of our New Monolift (walked out though, because I was solo, LOL):
135x10
225x5
315x3

Deadlifts:
135x3
225x3
added suit:
315x1
405x1
495x1
525x1 <- likely opener

That is all.

Well, I left yesterday to head to Oklahoma to pick up our Monolift. We found a great deal and our gym owners got onboard as well. The only catch was that I had to drive out and get it...Carter couldnt get off work and no one else was available, so I headed out at 7am for the drive. I arrived in Tulsa at 415pm, broke down and loaded the Monolift into my truck, then turned around at a little after 5pm for the return trip. I got to the gym a little after 2am and Carter met me and we unloaded it and set it up. Got in bed around 330am. So, I drove about 1250 miles and loaded and unloaded a Monolift in about 20 hours...it was a long, long day, but well worth it. The travel was uneventful except for the 100 deer I saw on my way home through Northern Mississippi...there were tons of them feeding right beside the road, usually in groups of 10 or so. I was scared one was gonna fly out in front of me, LOL. Other than that, it was just a long, boring trip.

If you live in Northern Mississippi, get a gun and hang out on the side of the road at night, you cant miss,
IRBS

Awesome as always IRBS. I bet you're gettin vascular as fuck with workouts like that.

prowrestler
02-24-09, 8:44 pm
nice deads, 525's a good opener

the long trip for the monolift will pay off in the future once you use it vs walk the weight out lol

IRBS
02-25-09, 8:24 am
Very nice with the Monolift....the envy of all heavy lifters out there is to have one in your gym
Thanks Wides. We are pretty pleased with it. Now we dont have to drive 3 hours round trip 2-3 times per month.

congrats on the monolift!
sounds like quite the expedition to get it.. cant say that i would have driven through MS to get one though... UGH

nice opener too

Thanks Squat. Mississippi is a miserable place, LOL

Solid pulls bro. Congrats on the Mono, sounds like quite the trip.

Thanks Mark. It was long as hell...

Awesome as always IRBS. I bet you're gettin vascular as fuck with workouts like that.

LOL, well, I wouldnt say "vascular"...I dont really care about what veins are popping out, just how much weight is lifted. Thanks man.

nice deads, 525's a good opener

the long trip for the monolift will pay off in the future once you use it vs walk the weight out lol

Thanks pro. For sure.

Themostocles
02-25-09, 8:31 am
Got some solid openers going, can't wait to see what you put up on the bench

IRBS
02-28-09, 12:49 pm
Bench Opener (went to Gadsden to bench off the Forza)

Raw Bench:
barx30
135x8
225x3
315x3

Shirt:
2-board:
405x1
1-board:
500x1
no boards:
525x1 - got WAY out of the groove, almost dumped on my belly, saved it, but it was close
500x1 - perfect. Hit the groove perfectly and smoked it. 500 will be my opener

Opening on the Bench at 500. Thats should be a very safe opener.

Openers will be:
Squat: 650
Bench: 500
Deadlift: 500

One Week,
IRBS

mark
02-28-09, 1:46 pm
Smart move on the lower opener.

What shirt are you opening with??

IRBS
02-28-09, 2:00 pm
Smart move on the lower opener.

What shirt are you opening with??
Thanks mark. Just trying to be smart...

Katana all the way...hoping to hit 550 on my 3rd...

prowrestler
02-28-09, 3:02 pm
openrs look strong, nail them and keep em commin

Themostocles
02-28-09, 7:19 pm
Very strong openers! Can't wait to see you kick some ass

IRBS
03-05-09, 7:41 pm
Thanks fellas.

Early Weigh-Ins are tommorrow. Right now I am sitting at 275 on the dot with shorts and a t-shirt on, so basically all I gotta do is get an early light meal in tonight, wake up, take a piss, and not drink or eat until after weigh-ins and I should be good to go.

My training partners were lifting today so I went into spot, load and run the monolift. My training partner hit a 1015 reversed miniband squat with straps down. He is a 220 and will be doing some damage on the 28th at his meet.

Openers,
IRBS

Thrawn
03-06-09, 5:11 am
Big numbers, IRBS!
NAIL them and have FUN doing it!

IRBS
03-06-09, 11:29 am
Weighed in at 273 in shorts and a t-shirt, so I am good to go. I actually weighed in at the same weight back in December but I was in my undies, so I may actually weigh less than in December, LOL, at least at weigh ins. After weigh ins we hit Waffle House where I destroyed 2 steaks, eggs, 2 orders of hashbrowns, and toast and drank aliter and a half of Storm...good times.

Time to do work,
IRBS

prowrestler
03-06-09, 12:21 pm
Weighed in at 273 in shorts and a t-shirt, so I am good to go. I actually weighed in at the same weight back in December but I was in my undies, so I may actually weigh less than in December, LOL, at least at weigh ins. After weigh ins we hit Waffle House where I destroyed 2 steaks, eggs, 2 orders of hashbrowns, and toast and drank aliter and a half of Storm...good times.

Time to do work,
IRBS

good luck, its the redemption meet!

Themostocles
03-06-09, 1:07 pm
Get it done hoss, kick some ass and don't bother taking names

Thrawn
03-07-09, 7:37 am
RIP AND GRIP, big man!! Tear it DOWN, those are YOUR numbers!

IRBS
03-07-09, 9:54 pm
Redemption is sweet.

First of all, I gotta thank my training partners for all their help. We have a great crew and I'll put our guys up against anybody elses for handling at meets. We had a blast on the drive down and had a killer time at the meet giving each other hell. It was fun. I weighed in at 272, only having to cut a few pounds to make weight, so it wasnt an issue at all. Basically I didnt eat or drink until I weighed in on Friday and I was good to go. I was in the 275 Open division. Ok, on to the meet.

SQUAT

Warmups went well. I took 135x5, added briefs, 225x3, 315x1, 455x1, added suit, 545x1 and then 605x1. All were solid and the weight felt light.

1st Attempt: 650 - 2 reds

I got red lighted for depth. Carter called me up just a hair early. Got with the side judge and he said I was hovering right at parrallel, but never broke. No biggie, the weight absolutely flew up. I wasnt worried.

2nd Attempt: 675 - complete miss......

Hit depth perfectly, side juge said I was good to go, but I let my head and chest drop in the hole, got forward on my toes and there was just no saving it. I got off balance and just lost it. Ok, now it's time to man up and get in this meet!

3rd Attempt: 675 - 3 whites

Finally, I got a squat passed! The bar was not centered on my back and I came up crooked (You'll see this in the video). It wasnt as fast as I wanted it to be, but it was good and thats what counts. Judging was spot on today. Nobody got a single gift. Consistent all day, it was solid. I'm in the meet, pressure is off.

BENCH

Again, warmups went well in the bench. Everything felt pretty good. I worked up as follows: bar for a few, 135x8, 225x3, 315x1, added shirt, 405x2 (2-board), 500x1 (1-board).

1st Attempt: 500 - 2 reds

Smooth and easy press, but my butt came up. I knew exactly what had to be done.

2nd attempt: 500 - 3 whites

I ended up having to pull my feet back further under me, I ended up with a much better arch than I have usually. This press was a good bit slower than any of my gym lifts at 500 have been. I was starting to feel the fatigue at this point, but, I now had my 500 Full Meet bench.

3rd Attempt: 525 - miss

I got all screwed up and out of the groove on this. The weight felt fine but I was decending towards my neck and the more I tried to correct, the worse it got, so I called for them to take it. On to the Deadlift.

DEADLIFT

I felt great going into the deadlift. I was opening with something I could do anytime, anywhere. The first flight of lifters took a long time to get through their attempts and I ended up warming up too early, like everyone else in my flight, but hey, its the deadlift. If I wasnt warm by now anyway I probably wasnt going to get warm. Warmups were: 135x3
added suit, 315x1, 455x1. All were easy...as they should be.

1st Attempt: 500 - 3 whites

Nice and Easy. I've got my total.

2nd Attempt: 550 - 3 whites

This is a 35lbs meet PR.

3rd Attempt: 575 - 3 whites

60lbs meet PR in the deadlift. This was a tough pull and I felt like it took forever to lock out, but on the video it's a little quicker than I thought. But this was all I had in me today, I am confident of that. Overall I am very, very pleased with the deadlift. I was beat and still managed a good pull (for me...)

So I went:

For a 1750 Total and I won my weight class. I hit PR's in every lift and finally got a total to put on the board. It was a great day for me. I know I left a lot on the platform today, but my #1 goal was simply to get a total. I went 5 for 9, which needs to get better. I've got to get more confidence in my squat, get used to touching bigger weights in the bench, and I have got to get my deadlift up over 600. I came away from this meet pleased with my performance, but with a new list of things I must improve if I want to get better.

Meet Video (no sound because I used a song that you tube doesnt like...): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lt9AHBkzyM

250 pounds from Elite,
IRBS

Little Houghton
03-07-09, 10:02 pm
good work irbs, and the good thing is you already know what you need to fix...get to it!

prowrestler
03-07-09, 10:13 pm
u looked happy as fuck after that squat!

awsome job man, congrats on the biiggg total and pr's in the lifts

2000's commin up soon

J Wong
03-08-09, 3:14 pm
Great job at the meet man, glad you had fun and did well.

Themostocles
03-09-09, 1:46 am
Huge congrats bro, and elite statues is within your grasp! Great job kicking ass

Thrawn
03-09-09, 7:15 am
EXCELLENT! I am smiling from ear to ear while reading this. Congrats on this one, IRBS! BIG PR on the deads, that is for sure.
You earned your oreos without a doubt!

brandonA
03-09-09, 12:18 pm
Looks good big man...Nice job on the meet and total...Elite is right around the corner. Hit them openers on squat and you will have it in the bag. With Curt at your back on squats, you just cant miss....

-B

IRBS
03-09-09, 7:42 pm
good work irbs, and the good thing is you already know what you need to fix...get to it!
Thanks man. It was a blast.

u looked happy as fuck after that squat!

awsome job man, congrats on the biiggg total and pr's in the lifts

2000's commin up soon

Thanks pro. Yeah, I was a little pumped after hitting that squat. It was do or die at that point...

Great job at the meet man, glad you had fun and did well.

Thanks Boom.

Huge congrats bro, and elite statues is within your grasp! Great job kicking ass

Thanks T, thats definately the goal.

EXCELLENT! I am smiling from ear to ear while reading this. Congrats on this one, IRBS! BIG PR on the deads, that is for sure.
You earned your oreos without a doubt!

Thanks Thrawn, the deadlift was the highlight for me.

Looks good big man...Nice job on the meet and total...Elite is right around the corner. Hit them openers on squat and you will have it in the bag. With Curt at your back on squats, you just cant miss....

-B

Thanks B. It felt great to finally put it together, even though I left a lot of pounds out there on the platform. Hitting my opener is key...thats where the most pounds are...

Elite
03-09-09, 8:02 pm
Congrats Will, very impressive showing. Huntsville def has thee method.

Big Wides
03-09-09, 9:01 pm
Great job at the meet Will, big ass numbers there and that elite total is very close

Thrawn
03-10-09, 8:01 am
Forgot to check the vid, but corrected that right now =)
VERY impressive, Will. Looking good. I like that squat, bar all crooked =) But VERY controlled down, no big deal. Just downing it in the hole, then up, then explode in a big smile!
Nice one, brother!
Who is that big man in the back when you deadlift? Is that Beastofrage?

IRBS
03-10-09, 9:33 am
Thanks fellas.

Wides - thanks man, Elite is the goal. I'm closing in and just gotta keep working and it will come.

Thrawn - Thanks man. Beastofrage (Curt Dennis) was back spotting me in the squat. Wearing a red shirt.

Thrawn
03-10-09, 9:43 am
Thrawn - Thanks man. Beastofrage (Curt Dennis) was back spotting me in the squat. Wearing a red shirt.

Yup, i noticed him now. Was focussing on you the first time i saw the vid. How is he doing, Will? I havent seen him update his thread in some time. I bet its all good, just curious.

IRBS
03-10-09, 9:55 am
Yup, i noticed him now. Was focussing on you the first time i saw the vid. How is he doing, Will? I havent seen him update his thread in some time. I bet its all good, just curious.
Curt is doing well. He is working a lot and training hard. He has a full meet in a couple weeks. I'll let everyone know how he does.

Thrawn
03-10-09, 10:01 am
Curt is doing well. He is working a lot and training hard. He has a full meet in a couple weeks. I'll let everyone know how he does.

Much appreciated for that update. Tell him i said hi, if you would. He might not know my name by heart, but we have exchanged some pm's and replies.
Well, i will shut up now. Time to get into my zone. Its LEG day. I wanna see the black dots before my eyes again.

Toni69
03-10-09, 1:53 pm
fukin beautful Will...your hard work shined through that day man..damn proud of you...woooooo! Strong as hell...awesome!

IRBS
03-15-09, 5:31 pm
Just an update for everyone.

I took last week off completely, just went in and spotted and loaded for the guys. This week I am traveling Sunday through Thursday for work, with really no time to train due to my schedule, so it will be nearly 2 weeks completely off since my meet before I can lift again. I know I need the time off, but I hate it. I do feel pretty good overall right now. Nothing hurts.....its been a long time since nothing hurt, LOL.

I will start training on Friday for SPF Nationals at the end of May. It will be a quick cycle, but I know where I can get more pounds since I left a lot out there on the platform last weekend.

The good thing about traveling for work is that they pay for my food...
IRBS

mark
03-15-09, 6:00 pm
The good thing about traveling for work is that they pay for my food...
IRBS

True that... One of the many joys of working for Uncle Sam.

IRBS
03-15-09, 7:00 pm
True that... One of the many joys of working for Uncle Sam.

definately!

prowrestler
03-15-09, 9:47 pm
i feel bad for the people paying for your food lol. take advantage

comeback strong after your time off

Thrawn
03-16-09, 7:13 am
Good plan, IRBS. The 14 day layoff will make you GREEDY as hell for those extra pounds. And you KNOW why some were left out last time. Coming back to the gym greedy and fully recharged will really prime you for the next meet, man.

IRBS
03-20-09, 2:57 pm
Squat

SSB Raw Box Squats (walked out):
barx10
165x3
255x3
Old Loose Briefs:
345x3
455x3
505x3

Hams, Calves, Abs

Nothing special today. Very light and easy. Threw my old briefs on which I got on and seated in about 2 minutes...LOL. Theyre a bit loose, but are a perfect training brief. Worked up to 505x3 with the SSB just to get back under the bar. I didnt plan on doing anything over 500 since we are benching heavy tommorrow and our Deadlift program is on Sunday, so this was fine for today. Even though it was only 500lbs, I can tell its been 2 weeks since I've touched a weight, so I will have to work my way back up. I took the day off of work due to being gone all week traveling for work, so I hit the gym alone for this session. Back with the crew starting in the morning.

Feels good,
IRBS

prowrestler
03-20-09, 3:10 pm
good work irbs, curious to see how that deadlift program turns out on sunday for u

IRBS
03-20-09, 3:10 pm
good work irbs, curious to see how that deadlift program turns out on sunday for u

It put 65lbs on my deadlift last cycle....so it works.

mark
03-20-09, 4:47 pm
Nice easy session there bro.

IRBS
03-21-09, 2:26 pm
ME BENCH

Raw Bench:
135x10
235x5

Reverse Blue Bands:
235x5
325x3
415x3
465x3

DB Bench:
80'sx8
105'sx8
125'sx8

Low Cable Rows:
4 sets of 8

BB Shrugs:
225x20
315x15
405x10
405x10

Single Arm DB Rear Delts:
4 sets of 8 on each arm

Biceps:
6 sets

Good session today. I think 465x3 is a PR wth reversed Blue Bands. We set them up where lockout is near true weight. When the bands disengage you really feel it, LOL. Next time we will do greens for doubles, then purples for singles with the goal being to hit similar weight all the way through the cycle. We are experimenting a bit, but it should work well.

Deadlift program starts tommorrow,
IRBS

Thrawn
03-21-09, 2:39 pm
Lot of volume, Will! Damn! Doing WORK and then some.

prowrestler
03-21-09, 2:54 pm
impressive bench day, good job man.

mark
03-22-09, 6:14 am
Solid pressing bro. That much back volume before you pull doesn't mess with your dl??

IRBS
03-22-09, 9:12 am
Lot of volume, Will! Damn! Doing WORK and then some.

impressive bench day, good job man.

Thanks fellas

Solid pressing bro. That much back volume before you pull doesn't mess with your dl??

Thanks Mark. Not usually. Our training schedule isnot ideal due to our work schedules, so we gotta do what we gotta do. But it hasnt hurt us in the past. We'll see how today goes.

IRBS
03-22-09, 7:44 pm
SQ/DL Assistance

Raw Squats (Shoulder Width Stance):
135x8
225x3
315x3
365x1

Reverse Blue Band Deadlifts:
245x3
445x3
added suit:
535x1
605x1
650x1 - PR

Raw Sumo Reverse Blue Band Deadlifts:
445x3
445x3
445x3

Pull Throughs:
4 sets of 8, last set was stack+35

Huntsville Method Get-ups (Description below):
4 Rounds

Really solid session. 650 with this setup is about a 20lbs PR, which is perfect. In 2 weeks we will hit greens, then 2 weeks later purples, then I will be hitting openers. Really pleased with today. It puts me in a good place to start the cycle. My whole lower body is shaking from this session, it was great.

Huntsville Method Get-ups (description):
Lay flat on your back with your legs straight and get all the way up on your feet without using your arms/hands, that is the "get-up" portion. Then, we added in a box jump. So, you would do your getup, jump over the box (doesnt have to be high, about the height of a bench), lay back down and do it again. You would do a total of 4 get ups and 4 jumps each round. On the second round we held a 10lbs plate, on the third round we held a 25lbs plate for the getups and box jumps. Then on the fourth round we added another jump, so you had your getup, 2 jumps and then another getup, then back the other direction for a total of 4 getups and 8 jumps. The first getup was with 5lbs, the second with 10lbs, the third with 25lbs and the fourth with 35lbs. That was the fourth and final round. This is a great movement. I will try to get a video of it next time.

I move VERY well for 6'3, 280lbs,
IRBS

Themostocles
03-22-09, 10:38 pm
Would love to see a video of that, and great work IRBS

prowrestler
03-22-09, 11:07 pm
congrats on the DL pr, i love seeing DL prs lol

that get up sounds really tuff, good job

IRBS
03-23-09, 9:18 am
Would love to see a video of that, and great work IRBS

congrats on the DL pr, i love seeing DL prs lol

that get up sounds really tuff, good job

Thanks Fellas.

Thrawn
03-23-09, 9:34 am
Outstanding stuff!
That vid would be VERY welcome, sounds like a real good exercise!

SQUAT or DIE!
03-23-09, 1:24 pm
good work will..

IRBS
03-23-09, 1:25 pm
Outstanding stuff!
That vid would be VERY welcome, sounds like a real good exercise!

good work will..

Thanks Fellas!

mark
03-23-09, 4:19 pm
I thought I heard something on the news about the sighting of the White Flash! I'll put an end to all the office speculation in the morning, lol!

Solid pull Will, and congrats on the PR.

IRBS
03-23-09, 4:28 pm
I thought I heard something on the news about the sighting of the White Flash! I'll put an end to all the office speculation in the morning, lol!

Solid pull Will, and congrats on the PR.

LOL, I'm quick like a cat!

Thanks Mark, LOL.

IRBS
03-24-09, 11:34 pm
BENCH ACCESSORY/TRICEPS

RAW Bench:
Warmups

Incline 2-board Press:
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x5

DB Floor Press w/purple band behind back:
80'sx5
100'sx5
105'sx10

HS Rows:
6 sets of 8-5reps

Band Pullaparts:
6 sets of 10

Rickshaw Shrugs:
4 sets of 10

Biceps

Solid night. Nothing to the chest on our accessory days, focusing on tricep strength. Should be a productive cycle. ME Squat tommorrow then Shirted Bench on Saturday.

Progress,
IRBS

prowrestler
03-24-09, 11:50 pm
good work man, kill the squats tomorow

Themostocles
03-25-09, 1:19 am

x2. Great accessory choices

IRBS
03-25-09, 8:17 am

x2. Great accessory choices

thanks fellas

mark
03-25-09, 5:40 pm
You ever get video of the Incline Board Press by any chance?

Strong incline none the less

IRBS
03-25-09, 8:16 pm
Thanks Mark. I didn't, but I'll make sure I get one next time.

ME SQUAT/DL

Sqwat:
145x8
Briefs:
325x3
425x1
515x1
605x1
650x1 - added knee wraps PR

Sumo Deadlifts in Briefs:
225x3
335x3
425x3
475x3

GHR (with back elevated, this makes GHR's brutal):
3 sets of 8

Done. Really good session. I didn't realize it until I left the gym, but 650 was my opener in full gear at the meet and I hit it tonight in briefs and knee wraps...looks like I will be opening heavier in May...pulls were solid, didt go all out on these since our heavy pull day is Sunday.

Nice to get some weight on my back again,
IRBS

Themostocles
03-26-09, 2:03 am
Bad ass PR, I smell the stink of elite in here...

Thrawn
03-26-09, 8:23 am
650 in wraps is HUGE, Will. The fact that last time it took full gear to pull it off means you are doing things right, man. You got the numbers to prove it.
Outstanding. Big congratulations on that.

IRBS
03-26-09, 8:29 am
Bad ass PR, I smell the stink of elite in here...

650 in wraps is HUGE, Will. The fact that last time it took full gear to pull it off means you are doing things right, man. You got the numbers to prove it.
Outstanding. Big congratulations on that.

Thanks fellas. Just gotta have a plan and stick to it.

prowrestler
03-26-09, 11:34 am
fuck, sick squat pr IRBS

brandonA
03-26-09, 12:21 pm
Nice work bro....everything is starting to click....

-B

IRBS
03-26-09, 12:35 pm
Nice work bro....everything is starting to click....

-B

Thanks B. Yeah its coming together...

SQUAT or DIE!
03-26-09, 12:52 pm
Thanks Mark. I didn't, but I'll make sure I get one next time.

ME SQUAT/DL

Sqwat:
145x8
Briefs:
325x3
425x1
515x1
605x1
650x1 - added knee wraps PR

WOOOW... show off!! LOL great squattin man

IRBS
03-26-09, 12:59 pm
WOOOW... show off!! LOL great squattin man

LOL, thanks Squat.

mark
03-26-09, 5:59 pm
Where the fuck did that come from?

Awesome PR dude.

IRBS
03-27-09, 8:19 am
Where the fuck did that come from?

Awesome PR dude.

Guess I got stronger, LOL. Thanks Mark.

Big Wides
03-27-09, 10:20 am
Soild ass squatting bro, really looking good and big things to come in May

IRBS
03-28-09, 1:54 pm
ME BENCH

Raw Bench:
135x10
225x5
315x2
365x1
Added shirt:
3-board:
405x3
405x3
440x3
470x3
No boards:
410x1 - no touch
435x1 - no touch

Machine Rows:
4 sets of 10

V-bar pulldowns:
3 sets of 8

BB Shrugs:
315x10
405x10
455x10

Biceps

Started a new bench program today, it's all about the percentages so that's why the weights are rediculously low. Everything was super fast and easy but very solid work.

Food,
IRBS

mark
03-28-09, 5:09 pm
Solid benching dude.

What's plan on bench??
Original or taken from else where?

IRBS
03-28-09, 6:15 pm
Solid benching dude.

What's plan on bench??
Original or taken from else where?

Thanks Mark. It is a variation of a North Georgia Barbell shirted routine (www.northgeorgiabarbell.com under articles) that my training partner came up with (he has lowered and come up with percentages for the board work). I am not completely sold on the low percentages for the board work (I am for the singles), but I am willing to giving it a go....We'll see what happens.

mark
03-28-09, 6:36 pm
ah ok...

Lighter work off of boards???

Seems odd...

Themostocles
03-28-09, 7:37 pm
Definitely interested in how this turns out for you

IRBS
03-29-09, 12:00 am
ah ok...

Lighter work off of boards???

Seems odd...
Like I said, I'm not completely sold on it...we'll see how long it lasts...

IRBS
03-29-09, 6:43 pm
SQ/DL Accessory

RAW Reverse Band Box Squats (sitting all the way back on the box with a pause):
135x8
225x5
425x3
535x3
585x3
585x3

RAW Conventional Deadlifts Against Purple Bands (approx 150lbs total tension @ top) :
135x3
225x3
315x3
405x3

Pull Throughs:
4 sets of 8-5 reps

Huntsville Method Getups ss with straight leg raises:
Getups: 4 sets with 10, 25, and 35 plates on each set
Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets with 5, 10, and 15 pound DB's

Really good training session. My raw strength is up right now in everything. with the box squats we were doing them the traditional way sitting way back with a pause on the box, releasing the hips, tough but good work. Really pleased with the pulls, my last set worked out to be around 550 at the top. Held my breath for a 3 reps on each set. Good stuff. Even popped a nose bleed, LOL.

RRRAAAAAAAWWWWWWW,
IRBS

T o m m Y
03-29-09, 6:45 pm
Very Very Nice Session Bro..
When Is Your Next Meet?
Anymore Vids Of Training Sessions?

mark
03-29-09, 6:58 pm
Solid work Will... Nice to see you're not a total gear whore, lol!

IRBS
03-29-09, 8:10 pm
Very Very Nice Session Bro..
When Is Your Next Meet?
Anymore Vids Of Training Sessions?

Thanks man. Next meet is SPF Nationals on May 24. If I can ever remember to bring the camera I'll try to get some videos. Usually when I am training I dont even think about it because its just not really on my mind. I'll try to get something up sometime soon.

Solid work Will... Nice to see you're not a total gear whore, lol!

Thanks mark. I dont whore it up all the time, LOL.

Themostocles
03-30-09, 1:30 am
Sick pulling Will, especially after the squatting

prowrestler
03-30-09, 2:28 am
sweet day man

wondering, how much do you get out of your gear for your deadlift? key word being 'Your'.

IRBS
03-30-09, 8:15 am
Sick pulling Will, especially after the squatting

Thanks T. Yeah, we always pull after we squat. I actually pull better after I squat than I do if I just go in and pull.

sweet day man

wondering, how much do you get out of your gear for your deadlift? key word being 'Your'.

Thanks man. Not much, conventional I get very little, the suit I pull in is a wide stance suit, so it gives me a little pop off the floor, but thats about it. Generally speaking, conventional pullers dont get much out of their gear. Sumo pullers get more. When I pull Sumo in gear I get a lot more out of my gear, probably 50-100lbs on a max pull. I havent really dialed in Sumo form either, so take that for what its worth.

IRBS
04-01-09, 11:47 pm
Bench Assistance

Incline 2-board:
135x8
185x3
225x3
275x3
315x3
340x3 - PR

DB Floor Press:
100'sx5
125'sx5
145'sx5

CS Rows:
7 sets of 10, 8, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5

BB Shrugs:
225x15
315x10
405x10
405x10

Rear dealts and biceps to finish

Solid session. I think for. Max Effort on these incline board presses I am around 365 or so for 3, which is pretty solid. These sessions are mostly tricep and back work. Please with the floor presses as well.

ME Squats tommorrow,
IRBS

prowrestler
04-02-09, 1:01 am
sick day man

im thinkin of entering a deadlift only comp sooner then i expected. i met some guys that can help me find a meet near me. after my next training cycle im hopeing for 535 off the floor. ill for sure be in the 198's still and they think its good. was wonderin if i should bother tryin out a suit just yet, im super conventional lol, sumo isnt my thing.

good luck on ur squat day man

Themostocles
04-02-09, 1:28 am
Nice PR, strong as always. What is a CS row?

prowrestler
04-02-09, 2:14 am

chest supported i think lol

Themostocles
04-02-09, 2:16 am
chest supported i think lol

Dammit, that was obvious lol

Thrawn
04-02-09, 7:09 am
Solid, solid work, Will. Outstanding. Prime example of how things need to get DONE.

IRBS
04-02-09, 8:14 am
sick day man

im thinkin of entering a deadlift only comp sooner then i expected. i met some guys that can help me find a meet near me. after my next training cycle im hopeing for 535 off the floor. ill for sure be in the 198's still and they think its good. was wonderin if i should bother tryin out a suit just yet, im super conventional lol, sumo isnt my thing.

good luck on ur squat day man

No, just go pull. You dont need a deadlift suit.

Thanks T. Chest Supported Row.

Solid, solid work, Will. Outstanding. Prime example of how things need to get DONE.

Thanks Thrawn.

IRBS
04-02-09, 9:25 pm
ME Squat

Sucked.

The end,
IRBS

mark
04-02-09, 10:21 pm
Solid work on the inclines as usual...

Been there, done that with the squats... Just rest up and recover.

prowrestler
04-03-09, 12:29 am
ME Squat

Sucked.

The end,
IRBS

ouch, come back strong man

Themostocles
04-03-09, 1:36 am
Get it next time Will

Thrawn
04-03-09, 6:14 am
ME Squat

Sucked.

The end,
IRBS

Just a different test, Will. This is a test of your resolve, not your physical power. I KNOW you will rise up to the challenge, taking BADASS revenge next time.

IRBS
04-03-09, 8:39 am
Thanks fellas.

We got to the gym all at different time because of the storms rolling through and then spent a ton of time setting up our new spotter straps. We had to try them in different spots, so we were loading and unloading and just burning ourselves out before we got to our work sets. About 20 minutes between sets. It was hot and humid in the gym, which only made us sweat like whores working a "double" shift. Got all the way into full gear during all this. Took one work set and called it quits. Weights moved fast as hell but felt absolutely terrible and heavy...

On a side note, my bodyweight is up to 285-287 depending on whether or not I have taken a dump or piss in the few minutes before I weigh, so I have got to drop some weight...took 10 minutes to get me out of my suit and 15 minutes and 2 people to get me out of my briefs, and we had to run a bar through my legs and pry my briefs down...I have actually been eating "fairly" good lately, but I am just going to have to really clean it up on my non-training days. Would like to get back under 280, and closer to 265-270 but be much leaner at that bodyweight. We'll see what happens.

Thems the breaks,
IRBS

prowrestler
04-04-09, 3:23 pm
damn man, 287's huuge!

which reminds me, i think i remember somwhere back here you saying u use to be 170 at 6 foot 3?!

Beast Genetics
04-04-09, 3:49 pm
Strong work in here IRBS!! seriously impressive!!

IRBS
04-05-09, 8:59 am
damn man, 287's huuge!

which reminds me, i think i remember somwhere back here you saying u use to be 170 at 6 foot 3?!

Yes, 8-10 years ago I stayed between 175 and 190 at 6'3. Gotta get back down to 270 though, at least.

Strong work in here IRBS!! seriously impressive!!

Thanks man. Just trying to get stronger.

Thrawn
04-05-09, 3:54 pm
Yes, 8-10 years ago I stayed between 175 and 190 at 6'3. Gotta get back down to 270 though, at least.

You sure packed on the beef, brother!! Damn.

IRBS
04-05-09, 6:48 pm
ME BENCH

Raw Bench:
barx30
135x10
225x5
added reverse green bands (floppy at lockout, true weight):
315x2
365x2
405x2
455x2
455x2

HS Press:
3 sets of 10 reps

Cable Rows:
6 sets of 10-5 reps

DB Rear Delts:
4 sets of 8-5 reps

Biceps

Good session. Goal was to hit my work sets the same with the greens as I did with the blues, except for doubles instead of triples, and I did that easily. We are in our shirts next weekend and then the following week we will be doing reversed purples for a max single. Should be hitting at least 455 on that, at least thats the goal.

Bodyweight is back below 280 today, going in the right direction,
IRBS

Vaze_06
04-05-09, 7:30 pm
i was planing to pick on u a lil bit about your sig ''man under 200lb are woman'' since im a woman and really under 200 but u took it off so yeah.... lol never mind!
i wouldnt wanna mess with u, pretty damn strong. nice work out

Themostocles
04-06-09, 2:32 am
Nice pressing, and congrats on getting the weight down

prowrestler
04-06-09, 2:45 am
good stuff irbs, heavy ass benching

IRBS
04-06-09, 8:20 am
i was planing to pick on u a lil bit about your sig ''man under 200lb are woman'' since im a woman and really under 200 but u took it off so yeah.... lol never mind!
i wouldnt wanna mess with u, pretty damn strong. nice work out

LOL, yeah it was time to change it up, sorry to disappoint and take away your opportunity to give me a hard time, ;) thanks for stopping by!

Nice pressing, and congrats on getting the weight down

Thanks T, I am VERY carb/sugar sensitive. When I am eating a lot of carbs and sugars I hold onto a lot of water weight. When I cut them out I tend to shed a good bit of water. Also, I have been using some Animal Cuts that I had left over from about 2 years ago, that helps a bit with shedding the water as well.

good stuff irbs, heavy ass benching

Thanks pro

NJC_Manhattan
04-06-09, 8:24 am
ME BENCH

Raw Bench:
barx30
135x10
225x5
added reverse green bands (floppy at lockout, true weight):
315x2
365x2
405x2
455x2
455x2

HS Press:
3 sets of 10 reps

Cable Rows:
6 sets of 10-5 reps

DB Rear Delts:
4 sets of 8-5 reps

Biceps

Good session. Goal was to hit my work sets the same with the greens as I did with the blues, except for doubles instead of triples, and I did that easily. We are in our shirts next weekend and then the following week we will be doing reversed purples for a max single. Should be hitting at least 455 on that, at least thats the goal.

Bodyweight is back below 280 today, going in the right direction,
IRBS

Damn IRBS, strong looking bench. You get the bar bending at 455?

IRBS
04-06-09, 8:29 am
Damn IRBS, strong looking bench. You get the bar bending at 455?

Thanks man...hoping to hit that 450 raw bench soon. Nah man, we use a Texas Power Bar, bar doesnt bend until we get over 700 usually, and even then it doesnt bend too badly. We have had 1015 on the bar before and it was bowed like crazy, but went right back to normal after we took the weight off...

IRBS
04-06-09, 1:50 pm
We've got a 500lbs tire coming...summer is going to be great.

mark
04-06-09, 2:45 pm
Strong benching bro! I see tensing is really helping you achieve unknown areas in the world of strength.

You'll have fun with the tire... Its a bit akward at first...

brandonA
04-06-09, 2:50 pm

I have an 800# monster in my garage...I cant budge it. We left it standing up so I can just roll it around...When ever anyone asks, I tell them it is for my truck, just need 3 more....

-B

IRBS
04-06-09, 2:51 pm
Strong benching bro! I see tensing is really helping you achieve unknown areas in the world of strength.

You'll have fun with the tire... Its a bit akward at first...

Yeah, its definately the tensing...has nothing to do with muscle mass or strength, its a skill that I just learned...

LOL, yeah, well I just found out that he ended up getting 2, 250lbs tires, so we'll see what they look like. Supposedly there was one there that he said weighed 1000lbs, but nothing between the 2. I know of another place as well, so we'll see.

IRBS
04-06-09, 2:52 pm
I have an 800# monster in my garage...I cant budge it. We left it standing up so I can just roll it around...When ever anyone asks, I tell them it is for my truck, just need 3 more....

-B

LOL, I would like to see your truck...

Yeah, I would like to find an amature strongman comp in the next year and do it. I think it would be fun, but I;ve gotta get my conditioning up a bit, LOL.

brandonA
04-06-09, 2:56 pm
LOL, I would like to see your truck...

Yeah, I would like to find an amature strongman comp in the next year and do it. I think it would be fun, but I;ve gotta get my conditioning up a bit, LOL.

TPS put a good vid up on how to flip the tire...My main problem (same with most everything), is I cant get in to position, not enough flexibility to get a good grip on it....My buddy got it from the tire yard, then moved, it took both of us and a bottle jack to get it in the back of my truck....I think it will be a sand box for the baby soon...hahaha...

-B

IRBS
04-06-09, 2:59 pm
TPS put a good vid up on how to flip the tire...My main problem (same with most everything), is I cant get in to position, not enough flexibility to get a good grip on it....My buddy got it from the tire yard, then moved, it took both of us and a bottle jack to get it in the back of my truck....I think it will be a sand box for the baby soon...hahaha...

-B

LOL!!!

mcbeast
04-06-09, 3:01 pm

Indeed sounds like fun!

Great work.Lotsa Pr's! Keep up the madness

IRBS
04-07-09, 8:21 am
SQ/DL Assistance

Raw 13in paused Box Squats (warmups):
135x8
225x5
275x3
275x3

Reverse Green Band Conventional Deadlifts (true weight at lockout, bands were off bar):
315x3
405x1
added suit:
495x1
585x1
620x1 - PR
Raw, Sumo:
495x3
495x3

GHR's with back elevated 6-8in:
5 sets of 8, 1 set of 4 with green band

Solid training session tonight. Hit a 20lbs PR on the pulls with some in the tank. I should be closing in on a 600 pull soon. I have video of everybody from tonight, I will try to get it uploaded in the next day or so. We also built another platform tonight, well John did, I didnt really do anything, LOL.

Pull,
IRBS

J Wong
04-07-09, 10:27 am
Nice pulling as usual.

prowrestler
04-07-09, 12:25 pm
awsome rev.band deads IRBS, 600's commin your way soon

IRBS
04-07-09, 1:24 pm
Nice pulling as usual.

awsome rev.band deads IRBS, 600's commin your way soon

Thanks fellas.

ghost
04-07-09, 1:30 pm
GREAT JOB on that PR brother!

mcbeast
04-07-09, 2:47 pm
Nice pulling as usual.

x2 Congrats on the Pr

mark
04-07-09, 4:30 pm
Strong pulls bro!

600 should fall at the next meet.

Vaze_06
04-07-09, 6:37 pm
SQ/DL Assistance

Raw 13in paused Box Squats (warmups):
135x8
225x5
275x3
275x3

Reverse Green Band Conventional Deadlifts (true weight at lockout, bands were off bar):
315x3
405x1
added suit:
495x1
585x1
620x1 - PR
Raw, Sumo:
495x3
495x3

GHR's with back elevated 6-8in:
5 sets of 8, 1 set of 4 with green band

Solid training session tonight. Hit a 20lbs PR on the pulls with some in the tank. I should be closing in on a 600 pull soon. I have video of everybody from tonight, I will try to get it uploaded in the next day or so. We also built another platform tonight, well John did, I didnt really do anything, LOL.

Pull,
IRBS

very nice deads bro... feeling crappy with my 275... thanks a lot!
just kdding. 600 is damn yours... tho stop being a lazy ass and help your friends! hehe

Lethal_Banana
04-07-09, 6:41 pm
Heylo,

I don't often venture into powerlifting logs, but I must say you're moving some major weight here dude. Really nice to read through your log, quite motivational!

Keep it up!

Cheers,
LB

IRBS
04-07-09, 6:53 pm
GREAT JOB on that PR brother!

Thanks Rob. PRs are always nice.

x2 Congrats on the Pr

Thanks E!

Strong pulls bro!

600 should fall at the next meet.

Thanks Mark. That is the goal. I really think it is close...

very nice deads bro... feeling crappy with my 275... thanks a lot!
just kdding. 600 is damn yours... tho stop being a lazy ass and help your friends! hehe

LOL, hey I help out!!! Ask away! Thanks Vaze!

Heylo,

I don't often venture into powerlifting logs, but I must say you're moving some major weight here dude. Really nice to read through your log, quite motivational!

Keep it up!

Cheers,
LB

Thanks LB. Good to have you stop by. We can all usually learn a thing or two from each other no matter our training focus.

IRBS
04-07-09, 6:53 pm
Video from the deadlift session:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD5VN9ebfPI

Vaze_06
04-07-09, 7:01 pm
help out... sure bro... by ''breaking things in immediately''? *bats eyelashes*
thought so!
nice video .. that 1min19 thing made me seriously lmao!

Lethal_Banana
04-07-09, 7:05 pm
Thanks LB. Good to have you stop by. We can all usually learn a thing or two from each other no matter our training focus.

Definitely! I got this weird curiosity for PLing when I recently did my PR on squats (220lbs), and I started to read up on some routines. There is definitely something about PLing that appeals to me, hehe. We'll see what the future holds.

Cheers,
LB

IRBS
04-07-09, 7:38 pm
help out... sure bro... by ''breaking things in immediately''? *bats eyelashes*
thought so!
nice video .. that 1min19 thing made me seriously lmao!

LOL, well I's glad I could provide some entertainment for you!

Definitely! I got this weird curiosity for PLing when I recently did my PR on squats (220lbs), and I started to read up on some routines. There is definitely something about PLing that appeals to me, hehe. We'll see what the future holds.

Cheers,
LB

Yeah dude, Powerlifting is awesome. It;s the best sport out there, bar none!

Thrawn
04-08-09, 6:41 am
Outstanding deads, Will! 600 on the horizon, YEAH BUDDDDYYYYY!

Do those reverse band lifts also help you in getting stronger in the lower part of the deadlift? This is where my weak spot is, off the floor and the first 2-3 inches. I am going to put more effort into deficit pulls, but it would be nice to have another exercise for variety.

IRBS
04-09-09, 8:33 am

Do those reverse band lifts also help you in getting stronger in the lower part of the deadlift? This is where my weak spot is, off the floor and the first 2-3 inches. I am going to put more effort into deficit pulls, but it would be nice to have another exercise for variety.

Thanks Thrawn. We do deficit pulls and speed pulls to help with the bottom portion of the lift.

ghost
04-09-09, 8:34 am

i am that way too... definitely need to kick up my off the floor work.

IRBS
04-09-09, 8:43 am
Bench Accessory

2-board Bench:
barx30
135x10
225x10
275x5
315x5
365x5

DB Bench:
55'sx15
100'sx12
105'sx12
105'sx12

DB Floor Press:
105'sx12
105'sx12

Cable Row:
3 sets of 10

Ricksaw Shrugs:
3 sets of 15

Pull Downs:
3 sets of 10

Biceps

Fairly quick night, just a bunch of high rep stuff. Shirted bench is Saturday. Tonight is supposed to be our ME Squat night, but we are just going to do GHR's and other accessory stuff for a little break from a heavy bar on our backs. Plus, it will be our 3rd late night this week and rather than get frustrated with being beat and having a bad night, we're just gonna take it easy and do recovery work. We got a 4th member starting with us tonight. He is working in town for about 3 months on a job and knew about us from seeing us at some meets. He is from about an hour away and is still driving that far everyday, so he is dedicated. Monty is a good guy and a hard worker who will bring some good stuff to the table. He last competed about a year ago and went 675-460-500 for a 1635 total. We are gonna get him to where he is destroying that old total!! We're looking forward to getting Monty into the mix. We're pretty picky about who we let into the team, and Monty is a good guy, so we're happy to have him on board. Huntsville Method now has 4 members...

4 Pop Tarts and a Protien Shake for Breakfast,
IRBS

IRBS
04-09-09, 8:44 am
i am that way too... definitely need to kick up my off the floor work.

We also never do rack pulls. We pull full range all the time. I think this is one of the reasons we dont have any trouble off the floor.

prowrestler
04-09-09, 10:35 am
good work on the bench assistance day man, im gonna check out the deadlift video when im not at work so i dont get fired lol

ps nice breakfast haha

mark
04-09-09, 1:44 pm
Strong benching... Fat Boy!

IRBS
04-09-09, 1:49 pm
Strong benching... Fat Boy!

LOL, my morbid obesity is a milestone in my life...

brandonA
04-09-09, 1:55 pm
Your breakfast was way better than my Grapenuts....Solid session....More training partners is great for intensity...and longer rest periods...hahaha

-B

IRBS
04-09-09, 2:13 pm
Your breakfast was way better than my Grapenuts....Solid session....More training partners is great for intensity...and longer rest periods...hahaha

-B

LOL, well, in the last week and a half my breakfast has been Plain Oats with Splenda and a Protien Shake...so this is not my usual, but I left the house in a hurry and stopped at the gas station by my office to grab something...Pop Tarts won. I have a huge jug of protien at my desk, so that made my breakfast complete, LOL.

Since we are not squatting today, I am thinking about setting up a circuit with the tires, sled, and 100lbs plates. I'll try to film it if we do it. It should be nuts.

mark
04-09-09, 2:16 pm
LOL, my morbid obesity is a milestone in my life...

its achievements like this that help one reach nervana

ghost
04-09-09, 2:19 pm
LOL, well, in the last week and a half my breakfast has been Plain Oats with Splenda and a Protien Shake...so this is not my usual, but I left the house in a hurry and stopped at the gas station by my office to grab something...Pop Tarts won. I have a huge jug of protien at my desk, so that made my breakfast complete, LOL.

Since we are not squatting today, I am thinking about setting up a circuit with the tires, sled, and 100lbs plates. I'll try to film it if we do it. It should be nuts.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pop tarts!

looking forward to the videos!

where

ghost

where are

ghost

where are the bvest

ghost

where are the best places to get tires for flipping and a sled?

IRBS
04-09-09, 2:25 pm

where are the best places to get tires for flipping and a sled?

LOL, how many posts does it take for Rob to ask a question????

We found our tires at a local tire place for free. What I have learned from some guys is that it costs money for these guys to dispose of these big tires, so if you offer to take their junk tires off their hands, they will usually give it to you. Just gotta ask around and be rready to go get it.

Sleds are all over the web, but you can make them out of stuff like smaller tires and a piece of metal/wood. Basically, if you can drag it, its a good sled.

Vaze_06
04-09-09, 4:45 pm

when his brain works properly... up to 6-8... otherwise he might take an entire page... heheh

"55sX15" looks a lil bit looser compare to the 100+.. but hey still a good work out =p.
just kidding
u killed it!

brandonA
04-09-09, 5:02 pm

We found our tires at a local tire place for free. What I have learned from some guys is that it costs money for these guys to dispose of these big tires, so if you offer to take their junk tires off their hands, they will usually give it to you. Just gotta ask around and be rready to go get it.

Sleds are all over the web, but you can make them out of stuff like smaller tires and a piece of metal/wood. Basically, if you can drag it, its a good sled.

The funnest part is he can go back and edit his posts....hahahaha...

-B

ghost
04-09-09, 5:20 pm

-B

eat me both of ya. -finger- lol. id rather ask the people who have been in this game a while when i am just starting shit out. it is called utilizing your resources lol.

IRBS
04-09-09, 9:45 pm
when his brain works properly... up to 6-8... otherwise he might take an entire page... heheh

"55sX15" looks a lil bit looser compare to the 100+.. but hey still a good work out =p.
just kidding
u killed it!

LOL, thanks Vaze...it was a warmup, gimme a break.

-B

LOL, very true...

eat me both of ya. -finger- lol. id rather ask the people who have been in this game a while when i am just starting shit out. it is called utilizing your resources lol.

LOL, it's all good. You gotta ask questions. How else would you know how to get free stuff! LOL

IRBS
04-09-09, 9:52 pm
Conditioning Day

Medley, we did 3 sets of the following:
Sled Drag
Tire Flip
100lbs PLate Carry

Each was down and back. Dont know the distance, probably 25 yeards each way...who knows, who cares, but it was rough.

Sled Drag to the street and back, probably 50-75 yards one way. One set.
Hanging Knee Raises for 3 sets

Solid session. I am out of shape. Badly. Going to be doing 2 conditioning days per week. One will be a more strenuous medley like today, and the other will just be sled drags and carries. We actually had a little crowd out watching us. One of the bigger bodybuilders we have at the gym, who is pretty jacked, came out and gave it a shot. He was hitting a wall halfway through the tire flipping and was sucking wind, but we yelled him through the rest of it. His words: "That's a lot harder than it looks..." LOL

Video of the medly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFtR-2BHwOc

Good stuff, I actually really had fun doing this stuff today,
IRBS

prowrestler
04-09-09, 10:13 pm
good conditioning work irbs

i watched ur deadlift video too, you killed that pr!

mcbeast
04-09-09, 10:56 pm
Great work! I wanna play! I miss flipping tires..

ghost
04-09-09, 10:58 pm
hey man, in this economy, free shit is the best!

Themostocles
04-10-09, 2:12 am
I just have to find a place to store a tire. Bah! Nice conditioning work you beast lol

Thrawn
04-10-09, 5:19 am
Outstanding GPP! That will burn your lungs for sure!
Man, i am so jealous about this. I see vids of gyms with a backyard like this on a regular basis. A yard where you can do exactly this. No gym around here has that option. I hope i can work something out with my brother, who has a nice backyard.

IRBS
04-10-09, 8:10 am
good conditioning work irbs

i watched ur deadlift video too, you killed that pr!

Thanks pro

Great work! I wanna play! I miss flipping tires..

Thanks E, yeah, it was fun.

hey man, in this economy, free shit is the best!

No doubt...no doubt

I just have to find a place to store a tire. Bah! Nice conditioning work you beast lol

Throw it out behind your gym or house. Flip it in the street if you have too, LOL

Outstanding GPP! That will burn your lungs for sure!
Man, i am so jealous about this. I see vids of gyms with a backyard like this on a regular basis. A yard where you can do exactly this. No gym around here has that option. I hope i can work something out with my brother, who has a nice backyard.

Well, as you could see we were dodging cars. We were out behind our gym which is the way out for all the moms who come pick their kids up from the dance studio next to the gym. But its a great little area. We also have a stretch out beside the gym too.

brandonA
04-10-09, 11:35 am
Nice work big man...Gotta love the GPP....Dont loose the double chin..that is worth 50# on your bench....

-B

IRBS
04-10-09, 11:38 am
Nice work big man...Gotta love the GPP....Dont loose the double chin..that is worth 50# on your bench....

-B

I have a double chin whether I weigh 280 or 220...it's just a matter of how big it is, LOL. I think I'll hold onto it for now, LOL

mark
04-10-09, 1:25 pm
I see... As soon as i start to get in shape, you follow suit... Copy cat!

Haha... Our conditioning is probably world's apart... Solid session Fat Boy!

IRBS
04-10-09, 1:31 pm
I see... As soon as i start to get in shape, you follow suit... Copy cat!

Haha... Our conditioning is probably world's apart... Solid session Fat Boy!

LOL, I just gotta get back in shape. I havent had my lungs burn like that in years. My gums were hurting after the first set, LOL!

IRBS
04-11-09, 6:26 pm
ME BENCH

Raw Bench:
barxa bunch
135x10
225x3
315x2
2-board:
365x2
Added Shirt:
4-board (my 4-board is like most people's 2-board, LOL):
425x2
475x2
515x2
565x2
605x2 - This is a pretty big PR for me
full range:
505x1 - no touch
535x1 - no touch, got within about an inch to an inch and a half of touching, crazy fast on the way up though

HS Rows:
4 sets of 8, 8, 5, 5

DB Rear Delts:
3 sets of 10

Reverse Grip Curls:
3 sets of 10

I'm beat. I was just feeling it today or something. Doubles all the way up to 605 is huge for me, and I had some left in the tank. I felt great. My strength is really going up on my bench, I think its all the close grip and back work we're doing. My shirt is fitting a lot tighter, hence the no touches on the full range stuff, but the speed was great. My back has gotten bigger and the chest plate seems to be a lot tighter now, so when I get to about a 1-board range I would really have to fight it down with the weights I went with today, and I would rather blast the weight up than fight it down that last inch. Very, very solid session for me. The extra back, trap, and rear delt work is paying off on the bench. Next meet I should hit a solid PR on the bench if it keeps going well.

Feeling good,
IRBS

prowrestler
04-11-09, 6:31 pm
sick benching, congrats

mcbeast
04-11-09, 7:58 pm
Good work,sick weight!

Themostocles
04-11-09, 8:09 pm
Great benching. What do you think the best work for rear delts is?

ghost
04-11-09, 10:42 pm
great job on bench brother!

IRBS
04-11-09, 11:07 pm
sick benching, congrats

Thanks Pro

Good work,sick weight!
Thanks E

Great benching. What do you think the best work for rear delts is?
Thanks T. I like band pull aparts and dumbbell work for rear delts. Train them every time you bench for 3-4 sets. Rear delts and upper back are the key to a big bench.

great job on bench brother!

Thanks Rob!

mark
04-12-09, 3:44 am
Fat guy in a little shirt... Fat guy in a little shirt...

haha

Strong benching bro...

Thrawn
04-12-09, 3:59 am
EXCELLENT! Hard work paying off!! Congrats man, BIG numbers!!

Lethal_Banana
04-12-09, 6:56 am
Wow, that's some brutal benching. Well, it's not like I expected anything less...

Cheers,
LB

IRBS
04-12-09, 8:16 pm
Fat guy in a little shirt... Fat guy in a little shirt...

haha

Strong benching bro...

LOL, yeah...its definately small! Thanks Mark.

EXCELLENT! Hard work paying off!! Congrats man, BIG numbers!!

Thanks man

Wow, that's some brutal benching. Well, it's not like I expected anything less...

Cheers,
LB
Thanks man!

IRBS
04-12-09, 8:22 pm
SQ/DL Accessory

Raw Paused Low Box Squats:
150lbs of Chain on each:
barx10
135x8
225x3
335x1
Added Suit, straps down (very loose, went on in less than a minute...):
425x1
335x2

Raw Pad Deadlifts (Pads set to mid/low-mid Shin):
245x2
335x2
425x2
475x2
505x2

Pull Throughs:
4 sets of 10

Reverse Hack Squat Hip Thrusts (thats right, I said hip thrusts, LOL):
4 sets of 8

Ok, nothing great though. I could tell I benched heavy yesterday, because I was flat worn out today. Speed was ok on the squats until the heavy set. I was hitting a box thats at least an inch below parrallel...in my suit bottoms...with no trouble getting down...this suit is crazy loose, LOL. Anyway, after the 425 set just droped back down and hit a fast double and called it on the squats. My elbows were killing me today and I think that messed with my head a bit. The pulls were fairly solid. The pad makes starting the pull a bit difficult. Its a wierd feeling, but definately a solid lift. The weight sinks into the pads and as it gets heavier you are pulling from lower. But they were not hard at all, so I am pleased with that.

Ice and Ibuprophen,
IRBS

J Wong
04-12-09, 8:28 pm
Good day today

mark
04-12-09, 8:31 pm
Save the hip thrusts for the wifey! Unless y'all were using the hack squat machine... which must have been kinky as hell!!!

Congrats!

Themostocles
04-12-09, 8:37 pm
Great work. Hope the elbows feel better

IRBS
04-12-09, 8:40 pm
Good day today

Thanks boom

Save the hip thrusts for the wifey! Unless y'all were using the hack squat machine... which must have been kinky as hell!!!

Congrats!
LOL, they were gay, but dude, it killed the hamstrings. Basically, you set up facing the hack squat and push your hips back as far as you can while arching and then push your hips through. It basically looks like youre humping the hack squat but it works great.

It's so gay though, LOL

Great work. Hope the elbows feel better

Thanks T. I have learned to live with the elbow problems. I dont think they will ever go away completely, LOL

prowrestler
04-13-09, 1:34 am
awsome work brother

Lethal_Banana
04-13-09, 2:30 am
Nice accessory day :)

Cheers,
LB

IRBS
04-13-09, 8:15 am
awsome work brother

Nice accessory day :)

Cheers,
LB

Thanks fellas

IRBS
04-14-09, 11:45 pm
Bench Assistance

Raw Bench:
135x15
225x10
4-board:
315x5
365x5
405x3
435x3
455x3

CS Rows:
6 sets of 10-5 reps

BB Shrugs:
225x20
315x15
405x12
495x10

DB Rear Delts:
5 sets of 10

Hammer Curls:
a few sets up to 90's for 3

Was in a pissy mood. Got to the gym 30 mins late when everybody was finishing up their bench movement. Jumped in for as much as I could. Felt strong physically, but mentally just didnt have it tonight. Got some solid work in and then I bailed. Finished lifting in under an hour.

You ain't gotta like it, you just gotta do it,
IRBS

prowrestler
04-15-09, 12:09 am
we all have our off days, its what we do about them that counts.

still lookin strong, cant hel but notice the 90lber curlin

Themostocles
04-15-09, 1:05 am
Nice curling, heavy weight. Strong work for an off day.

mark
04-15-09, 5:04 am
Solid work none the less bro... Although, you shouldn't try to out do me on the volume, I don't want to see you getting hurt.

Thrawn
04-15-09, 7:01 am
podmena traffica testr;690733]we all have our off days, its what we do about them that counts.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.
Doing nothing when feeling off is REALLY a loss. Doing WORK on an offday is a WIN.

Big Wides
04-15-09, 7:40 am
Nice pressing big man, from the looks of it, the dropping of weight and curls seems like someone is going to be oiling up soon?

IRBS
04-15-09, 8:10 am
we all have our off days, its what we do about them that counts.

still lookin strong, cant hel but notice the 90lber curlin

Thanks man.

Nice curling, heavy weight. Strong work for an off day.

Thanks T.

Solid work none the less bro... Although, you shouldn't try to out do me on the volume, I don't want to see you getting hurt.

LOL, not a chance mark...not a chance. LOL thanks man.

Amen to that.
Doing nothing when feeling off is REALLY a loss. Doing WORK on an offday is a WIN.
Thanks Thrawn

Nice pressing big man, from the looks of it, the dropping of weight and curls seems like someone is going to be oiling up soon?
LOL, I weighed in last night at a svelt 282...no oil and trunks for me anytime soon! LOL Thanks Wides.

mark
04-15-09, 11:46 am
LOL, I weighed in last night at a svelt 282...no oil and trunks for me anytime soon! LOL Thanks Wides.

LIAR! Don't make me tell everyone about your pics you keep sending me of you "posing", lol!

IRBS
04-15-09, 1:04 pm
LIAR! Don't make me tell everyone about your pics you keep sending me of you "posing", lol!

LOL...............ummm.....I have no idea what youre talking about............................

Vaze_06
04-15-09, 1:28 pm

Mark... stop making indecent proposal to IRBS!!!! i know your ways... leave the poor guy alone =p

otherwise... mentally off but still freaking strong.. good work out

IRBS
04-15-09, 1:30 pm
Mark... stop making indecent proposal to IRBS!!!! i know your ways... leave the poor guy alone =p

otherwise... mentally off but still freaking strong.. good work out

LOL, thanks Vaze! Goos to know you got my back....

IRBS
04-15-09, 4:25 pm
This is completely unrelated to lifting but hilarious (saw it in Wendler's log):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmbMtP5yRwg

Vaze_06
04-16-09, 6:59 am
LOL, thanks Vaze! Goos to know you got my back....

its better than if it was Mark who had it!!!
if u drop something... i'll be just looking at your ass..
but if its Mark........ Bro, just dont...
have a nice day :)

ghost
04-16-09, 9:08 am
This is completely unrelated to lifting but hilarious (saw it in Wendler's log):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmbMtP5yRwg

dude that video was amazing.

IRBS
04-16-09, 9:27 pm
ME SQ/DL

Reverse Miniband Squat:
225x6
added briefs:
405x3
555x1
added suit, straps down:
655x1
Straps up:
745x1
775x1 - PR
815x1 - Bigger PR

Deadlift against Blue Bands:
135x3
225x1
315x1
405x1
425xmiss - gased

Great night. Previous best reverse band squat was 755 and it was with reversed purples, so this is huge and the first time I've held anything over 750 on my back. So, a 60lbs PR with less help from the reverse...nice. Still over 700 in the hole, so I should hit a big PR at the meet. The Blues on the pull added 150-175lbs of tension, so that put me over 550 at the top. The 405 sets was solid, not tough, but I just hit the wall after and was done. Had to head home so I'll hit some extra accessory work on Sunday.

Pumped,
IRBS

T o m m Y
04-16-09, 9:35 pm
damn bro,thats some HEAVY ass weight right there!
shit,wish i was hitting 60lb prs!
great work dude!

ELITE TOTAL VERY SOON....

J Wong
04-16-09, 9:53 pm
815!!! Nice

Themostocles
04-17-09, 12:04 am
Only 2 PRs? Slacker! LOL. Damn IRBS, getting stronger

prowrestler
04-17-09, 12:11 am
damn, huge squat!

mark
04-17-09, 2:43 am
Holy shit fuckers...

That's a huge squat bro

Congrats!

SQUAT or DIE!
04-17-09, 2:48 am
im just in awe.... really i cant even fathom that right now..

Thrawn
04-17-09, 5:51 am
Now that is PROGRESS. Will, i take a bow to that mighty squatting! No shame in being too gassed for a couple of deads after that.
This psyches me up to step it up myself. Thanks for inspiring me (and i guess all of us), brother!

IRBS
04-17-09, 8:28 am
damn bro,thats some HEAVY ass weight right there!
shit,wish i was hitting 60lb prs!
great work dude!

ELITE TOTAL VERY SOON....
Thanks man. Elite is my goal. Hopefully in the next year!

815!!! Nice
Thanks boom!

Only 2 PRs? Slacker! LOL. Damn IRBS, getting stronger
LOL, yeah, should've had more I guess, thanks T!

damn, huge squat!
Thanks pro.

Holy shit fuckers...

That's a huge squat bro

Congrats!
Thanks mark. I dont know what it was, but EVERYTHING felt light on my back. On the set with 775 I stayed much more upright and just blew it up, so I knew I was going over 800...they just put an extra 10lbs on the bar so it was 815, LOL. Still had more in the tank, felt good.

im just in awe.... really i cant even fathom that right now..
Thanks Squat. It will come man.

Now that is PROGRESS. Will, i take a bow to that mighty squatting! No shame in being too gassed for a couple of deads after that.
This psyches me up to step it up myself. Thanks for inspiring me (and i guess all of us), brother!

Thanks Thrawn, I was definately done by that last set of deads. Just didnt have anything left.

brandonA
04-17-09, 6:28 pm
ME SQ/DL

Reverse Miniband Squat:
225x6
added briefs:
405x3
555x1
added suit, straps down:
655x1
Straps up:
745x1
775x1 - PR
815x1 - Bigger PR

Deadlift against Blue Bands:
135x3
225x1
315x1
405x1
425xmiss - gased

Great night. Previous best reverse band squat was 755 and it was with reversed purples, so this is huge and the first time I've held anything over 750 on my back. So, a 60lbs PR with less help from the reverse...nice. Still over 700 in the hole, so I should hit a big PR at the meet. The Blues on the pull added 150-175lbs of tension, so that put me over 550 at the top. The 405 sets was solid, not tough, but I just hit the wall after and was done. Had to head home so I'll hit some extra accessory work on Sunday.

Pumped,
IRBS

Very nice.....

-B

mcbeast
04-17-09, 8:24 pm
jsut 815 on a bar is wack! Great job..

Vaze_06
04-18-09, 11:05 am
bro i think i wont bug u anymore... when u get to 900+ hehe.
u're a sick guy ... have a nice weekend

Big Wides
04-18-09, 11:10 am
Unbelievable work IRBS, hell of a squat day

IRBS
04-18-09, 5:18 pm
Thanks all!!! It was a good squat day, thats for sure!

ME BENCH:

Raw Reverse Purple Band Bench:
135x10
225x5
added reverse bands:
315x3
365x1
405x1
455x1 - PR
405x5

Incline DB Press:
55'sx20
70'sx20
80'sx20
105'sx15

Cable Rows:
5 sets of 8, 8, 8, 8, 5

Band Pull Aparts:
a bunch of sets of a bunch of reps witht he purple band

Hammers

Really good session. 455 was solid, not too hard, not too easy. But did come up on that set I think, so did the 405x5 while focusing on keeping my butt planted on the bench. My Raw setup and Shirted setup are so much different from each other, so on my top end raw work my butt tends to pop up a bit. Gotta work on that, but I dont compete raw, so it is not a priority for me, LOL. Elbows are REALLY beat up right now, but I just gotta deal with it since I have a meet coming up.

Icy Hott, Ibuprophen, and Ice,
IRBS

Themostocles
04-18-09, 5:19 pm
Take care of them elbows bro, but awesome work. Congrats on the PR

Vaze_06
04-18-09, 5:24 pm
bro.. u know that u would have a nicer butt with the Hooker squats :)
take good care of the elbow, congra the Pr
55s was prolly a warm up set :P

mark
04-19-09, 7:35 am
Don't forget to wash your hands well after playing with the Icy Hot... Esp before you hit the head...

Strong benching as always bro

Beast Genetics
04-19-09, 5:44 pm
Hey bro, whens your next SPF Meet? Sick work as expected.

prowrestler
04-19-09, 6:12 pm
sick bench pr man

IRBS
04-19-09, 6:48 pm
Take care of them elbows bro, but awesome work. Congrats on the PR
Thanks T, I take care of them as much as I can, but right now I am at the end of a pretty tough training cycle so I am pretty beat up, somes with the territory.

bro.. u know that u would have a nicer butt with the Hooker squats :)
take good care of the elbow, congra the Pr
55s was prolly a warm up set :P

LOL, thanks Vaze. The 55's were a strenuous work set....I dont know what youre talking about! LOL

Don't forget to wash your hands well after playing with the Icy Hot... Esp before you hit the head...

Strong benching as always bro

LOL, always...that would not be good! Thanks Mark.

Hey bro, whens your next SPF Meet? Sick work as expected.

SPF Nationals on May 24th...hoping to be within 100lbs or so from elite after that meet if all goes well. Thanks man.

sick bench pr man

Thanks pro.

IRBS
04-19-09, 6:55 pm
SQ/DL Accessory

Raw 14in Box Squats, each rep paused:
100lbs of chain on all sets:
barx10
135x8
225x3
315x3
375x3
415x2

Reverse Purple Band Deadlift:
Conventional:
245x2
added suit:
335x1
445x1
535x1
605x1 - PR easy, this is the number I wanted to hit with ease today
Sumo:
445x3
535x3
585x2.5 - PR - WTH??? LOL

GHR's:
BWx8
BWx8
BWx8
BW+Purple Bandx8
BW+Purple Bandx8
BW+Purple Bandx6

Solid training session. Did some raw low box work, which was solid. Hit 605, which was what I was projected to hit with our program on the deadlift, then went on to pull 585 for 2 Sumo, and missed the 3rd rep at the knees...which is a bit wierd. My Sumo pull has been shooting up evidently and I didnt even know it...LOL. Guess that means what we are doing is working. We've got a new guy training with us that just happened to have a Boss suit that fits me that is brand new and Boss Briefs that will fit as well that are 1 size bigger than the ones I have now, which are getting tighter and tighter with every session, even though my BW is staying the same. So I am going to buy the Boss Suit and Boss briefs from him. Both are brand new and have never been used. I wont be able to use them for this meet at the end of May, but should be able to get them worked in by the APF Georgia meet in August.

Good times,
IRBS

Beast Genetics
04-19-09, 7:26 pm
Cool, I'll see you at one eventually I'm sure, i was actually kind of eyeing up Irontoberfest on Halloween in Hartford,AL.

mcbeast
04-19-09, 7:46 pm
Awesome work!! Damn heavy stuff being moved..

Lethal_Banana
04-19-09, 7:48 pm
Awesome pulling man! Looking forward to see how you do at your meet in May!

Cheers,
LB

Themostocles
04-20-09, 1:41 am
Fuck IRBS, you don't believe in doing anything by halves do you lol

mark
04-20-09, 4:46 am
Damn dude... Strong lifting... Congrats on the PRs... And what did you do to get your sumo up?

IRBS
04-20-09, 8:10 am
Cool, I'll see you at one eventually I'm sure, i was actually kind of eyeing up Irontoberfest on Halloween in Hartford,AL.

Cool. That is usually a good meet down in Hartford.

Awesome work!! Damn heavy stuff being moved..
Thanks E

Awesome pulling man! Looking forward to see how you do at your meet in May!

Cheers,
LB
Thanks LB, me too.

Fuck IRBS, you don't believe in doing anything by halves do you lol
Nope, it's either all or nothing man.

Damn dude... Strong lifting... Congrats on the PRs... And what did you do to get your sumo up?
Thanks Mark. LOL, I have no freaking clue other than a lot of hip and hamstring work. My squat is going up, so that probably has some carryover as well, but in the last 12 weeks or so I have not been training my sumo pull very much at all. Kinda strange...but I'll take it.

prowrestler
04-20-09, 12:08 pm
pr's on the big 3 this week, sick work, that 605 had to feel good..or atleast look pretty cool

IRBS
04-22-09, 8:09 am
Bench Assistance

Worked up to 365x5

Then helped Carter work in his new Shirt.

Then I talked for a while.

Then I went home.

Kind of a deload night for me anyway, but since my elbows and shoulders are feeling beat up, didnt really do much at all. Helped Carter with his new Super Katana, which worked well for him. Going to deload a bit on Thursday this week and then will pick it up hard and heavy Saturday.

Oats and Coffee,
IRBS