PDA

View Full Version : Bigears journey

bigears
12-14-08, 1:54 am
Hi all i'am bigears and this is going to be my 1st journey . I'am 23 , 6 foot and hit the scale's at 306 pounds down from 346 about 2 months ago ,I'am planning on getting down to a wieght of some where from 220 -240 with alot more muscle then i have now . As of 3 weeks ago i started cardio at a gym around the corner i go 6 times a week and hit at least 45minutes to 1 hour on the treadmill . For weights i train with my old man at our own little gym out the back of his work , We train 4 nights a week and at the minute our training log looks like this
mon_chest-tri's
flat bb press 4x8-10
incline db press 4x8-12
pecdec 3x10-15
db flys 3x8-12

tues_shoulders- traps
seated db press 4x8-12
srugs on machine 3x12-15
side lat raises 3x10-12
front lat raises 3x10
up right rows 3x8-10
rear lat raises 3x10-12
db srugs 3x 8-12

thrus_legs
leg ex 3x12-15
squats 3x 8-12
leg curls 3x 12-15
just started stiff leg deads 3x 10-12
calf raises 3x 8-20 trained X2 a week + seated

friday_back-bi's
lat pull down 3x 10
lat pull down rev grip 3x 10
cable rows 4x 18-12
bent over db rows 3x 8-10
cable curls 3x 10
db curls 3x 10-12
preacher curls 3x 10-15

Ok now my diet is alot better than it use to be i eat atleast 5 meals a day and it is made up of alot of chicken beast ,lean beef , lean steak ,a little rice , nuts, a little fruit, potato's ,egg whites . I have a cheat meal every 2 weeks

Supplements i use are protien powder , animal pak, animal cuts , glutimine and thats about it .
It's sunday here so i went down the gym and hit up 1hour on the treadmill

Sorry if this is not writen right ,spelt right in the wrong spot . also if anyone can help or has any criticism please let me no what you think , I'am here to learn thanks
BIGEARS :)

bigears
12-14-08, 2:54 am
Forgot to put my tri workout for the monday with chest here it is
cable push downs 3x10
over head tri ex 3x10
rope push downs 3x 12-15
dips 1x as many as i can do

cheers

bigears
12-15-08, 4:44 am
ok well trained chest and tri's tonight , had a good workout and pushed hard.
I know its not great compered to most on here but i'am realy happy i got my best of 305 pound bench for 6 reps on my own and 2 forced with help form the old man on my last set . Also used the 105 pound db for incline . At the minute thats the biggest i got,
I need to make up some bigger ones i think .

I started doing close grip bench press tonight for tri's, i really like these and hope to see some growth .

After getting home having tea i let it settle for a bit then headed out to the other gym where i hit up 40 minutes on the tready .
cheers from bigears

bigears
12-16-08, 5:54 am
Trained delts and traps felt really strong and pushed some good weight on presses .

Didnt go and do cardio as i was pretty stuffed so i'am off to bed , i'll hit up a 1hour tomoro.
cheers bigears

Angelwrath
12-16-08, 6:29 am
Must be gr8 to train with your dad, bro ..
good stuff

bigears
12-16-08, 7:40 pm
Must be gr8 to train with your dad, bro ..
good stuff

Yer its great his my best mate and is as strong as hell.
Its my day off the wieghts today and is raining here so got a day off just about to go to the gym for some cardio
cheers bigears

bigears
12-18-08, 2:15 am
Leg day today ,man it was great i still cant walk only started to push the legs the last 2 to 3 weeks we switched from our gym to the gym i do cardio at just for leg day as they have better gear .
So today hit squats , leg presses , leg exs, leg curls,stiff leg deads ,standing calf raise and seated
Since i havent been back on squats for a long time i only got up to 2pps witch should jump pretty quick .
Hit 6 pps on leg press witch is not great but man i can feel it this arvo
I did my leg ex's before sqauts and hit 4 sets and then go back to it after the quads are finished for 1 more drop set where i drop about 4 times , i feel this realy gets the most out of my quads, maybe thats why i cant walk lol .
Anyway had a great leg workout it is one of my fav's to hit
cheers bigears.

Oh if anyone can help tomoro i have back and bi's i was going to start deads for the 1st time in the back workout will this put to much strain on my ham strings as they were trained today ? or should it be right ? maybe i need to change up the training split.
cheers bigears

bigears
12-19-08, 5:45 am
Trained back and bi's today good workout started deads today only went up to 2pps but felt good for the 1st time ever doing them
cheers bigears

bigears
01-04-09, 5:01 am
Well havent posted for a while been busy with stuff , my granpa passed away the day before x-mas .It was a big lose to my dad , me and my family i had so much time for him and saw him everyday, He was one of my best mates and one of the stongest people i have ever met ,he was the one that got me to start ed training on weights .

To my granpa Jozef you have always been and always will be loved and never forgotten love Josef jr.

Ok back to business , i had a week off over the x-mas break i did keep doing cardio but no weights for the week then got right back in to in on the monday with chest and tri's only went up to 3pps for bench press and pushed hard for the rest of the workout .

Tuesday i changed shoulders and back and bi's around .
I started with pull downs the rows and the dead lifts for the 2nd time ever where i went 1 set of 15 with 1pps 1 set with 2pps for 8 and one set with 3pps but only got 7 will try to push a bit harder this week but not to bad for 2nd time doing them i was pretty happy.

Ok Tursday went to the gym to train legs but rocked up at the gym and it was closed.
Rocked up on friday and it was closed again with a letter up on the window saying thats it it closed for good . i wasnt happy.
Saturday i went down to a new gym down the road and joined up then went on to train shoulders i started with DB presses got up to 85 pound DB then went on to do side raises and the hit up rear delts ,upright rows shurgs then hammer strength mac i did 3 sets 1pps ,2pps then back to 1pps for as many reps as i can get.
Today i hit up cardio twice once at 7 and then again at 4.30
anyways cheers bigears

PAL
01-04-09, 10:43 am
Well havent posted for a while been busy with stuff , my granpa passed away the day before x-mas .It was a big lose to my dad , me and my family i had so much time for him and saw him everyday, He was one of my best mates and one of the stongest people i have ever met ,he was the one that got me to start ed training on weights .

To my granpa Jozef you have always been and always will be loved and never forgotten love Josef jr.

Ok back to business , i had a week off over the x-mas break i did keep doing cardio but no weights for the week then got right back in to in on the monday with chest and tri's only went up to 3pps for bench press and pushed hard for the rest of the workout .

Tuesday i changed shoulders and back and bi's around .
I started with pull downs the rows and the dead lifts for the 2nd time ever where i went 1 set of 15 with 1pps 1 set with 2pps for 8 and one set with 3pps but only got 7 will try to push a bit harder this week but not to bad for 2nd time doing them i was pretty happy.

Ok Tursday went to the gym to train legs but rocked up at the gym and it was closed.
Rocked up on friday and it was closed again with a letter up on the window saying thats it it closed for good . i wasnt happy.
Saturday i went down to a new gym down the road and joined up then went on to train shoulders i started with DB presses got up to 85 pound DB then went on to do side raises and the hit up rear delts ,upright rows shurgs then hammer strength mac i did 3 sets 1pps ,2pps then back to 1pps for as many reps as i can get.
Today i hit up cardio twice once at 7 and then again at 4.30
anyways cheers bigears

sorry to hear bout your pappy, a loss is always hard to deal with, but it it's always worse around the holidays. cool that you can lift with your dad though, my son lifts with me once in a while and it's great male bonding time. i got a question on yer thread though, what are pps?

bigears
01-04-09, 8:23 pm
sorry to hear bout your pappy, a loss is always hard to deal with, but it it's always worse around the holidays. cool that you can lift with your dad though, my son lifts with me once in a while and it's great male bonding time. i got a question on yer thread though, what are pps?

Thanks mate , yer it great training with my dad his my best mate i put down the pps as plates per side thought it was easyer to type it down

got up early this mourning and went and did some cardio .
I did the stair climber for 20 minutes and the treadmill for 20minutes
I will go and train chest and tri's at about 5 then maybe go back after 8 after tea and do another 40 minutes on the stair climber .

bigears
01-05-09, 5:12 am
Chest and tri's went well started with db incline presses today only went up to 100 pound the new gym only has dumbells up to 110 then went on to a pec deck type machine witch i'am not sure on wieght as i just end up doing my last set at the bottom of the stack as it's not that big .
Then moved on to bench press 4 sets of that up to 3 plates per side than the last set only 1 plate aside for as many as we can do . Then on to a incline press machine where we do about 15-20 reps a set for 3 sets .
Over to tri's and start with a tri machine do 3 sets over to the smith machine today where we did close grip bench 4 sets work up then last one rep out (we dont use the smith machine but the gym was flat out so we jumped on that)
We then finished up on tri push downs , worked up to a heavy weight then on the last one did a drop set to finish .

Went back and hit up the stair climber and treadmill for 35 minutes tonight as i was stuffed .
All in all feeling really good about the workout and the day cant wait for back tomoro
cheers bigears

pedraza
01-05-09, 7:00 am
good job on the workout

bigears
01-06-09, 5:43 am
good job on the workout

cheers mate

Well trained back and bi's had a great workout went at about 2 this arvo so was pretty quiet we started with lat pull downs for 4 sets went up to 4 plates from the bottom(sorry dont read the weights i just keep moving it up till it as heavy as i can do)
Then on to cable rows where we did 3 sets of 12's and went up to the bottom of the stack .
Then moved on to dead lift where i did 3 sets last set at 360pounds and only got 4 then droped a plate and did 4 more .
finished back with t bar rows it the 1st time i've done these and did 3 set of atleast 8 i think the last set was only up to 3 plates but thought i better not push it for the 1st time.

We did bi's where started on seated db curls did 3 sets of 10 and went up to 45's as bi's are probably my weakest muscle they look ok but cant seem to move very heavy weight .
Moved over to a curl machine where we did 3 sets and only went about half way down the stack .
Then on to a preacher curl machine where we did 3 sets and i cant remeber what weight as dad moved the pin on this and we finished on cable curls where we did 1 set of as many as we can then drop then as many and drop again then one more time till i couldn't bend my arms and thats it .

I just got home from doing another 30 minute session of cardio
cheers bigears