PDA

View Full Version : New routine. Please feel free to critique.

BazP07
12-14-08, 4:05 pm
Wussup fellas.

I am hitting the iron hard again after a lengthy absence. I have devised my routine which will be as follows.

MONDAY:

Chest:
5 x 12-8 bench press (heavy)
5 x 12-8 incline dumbell presses
5 x 12-8 incline dumbell flys

Triceps:
5 x 12-8 close grip bench press
5 x 12-8 kickbacks
5 x 12-8 skullcrushers

WEDNESDAY:

Back:
5 x 12-8 t-bar rows (heavy)
5 x 12-8 barbell rows
5 x 12-8 deadlifts

Biceps:
5 x 12-8 ez curls
5 x 12-8 single arm curls

FRIDAY:

Shoulders:
5 x 12-8 shoulder presses
5 x 12-8 barbell shrugs
5 x 12-8 dumbell lateral raises

Legs:
5 x 12-8 squats (heavy)

I am currentley chomping down as much whole food as I can to try and get my self into animal shape! Please feel free to critique away guys! Thanks for your time!

sin-city-customs
12-14-08, 4:17 pm
Personally, I think you should do ATLEAST 4 sets for every body part. I am not as big as alot of the guys here, 5'9", 190 lbs, 41yrs, but still train very regularly. Pretty solid for my age. My new schedule is:

Mon-Arms/Calves
Tues-Legs
Wed-off
Thurs-Chest/Tri's
Fri-Back/Calves
Sat-Shoulders/Bi's
Sun-off

Only been on this a few weeks. I really like it. Of all places, I saw this split in some Mag.

shizz702
12-14-08, 4:20 pm
Actually looks like a pretty damn good routine bro.

The only suggestions I'd make, is drop the kickbacks, and closegrips, and hit up some dips instead. Kickbacks are not a very good tricep builder imo, and you're already hitting up flat bench, so I think dips would be a better tricep exercise for you.

On your back day I'd start out with deadlifts as that is the biggest mass builder there, and you want to get that shot of testosterone it induces right from the start.

On your legs and shoulder day I'd start off with squats, just like with the deads you want to hit the big mass builder first, and I'd finish things off with some calf work to round things off.

All in all looks like a pretty solid routine bro, like how it's only 3 days a week, allowing plenty of recovery, and it mainly focuses on big compound lifts. Hope you make some good gains on it.

MojoMike36
12-14-08, 4:30 pm
Wussup fellas.

I am hitting the iron hard again after a lengthy absence. I have devised my routine which will be as follows.

MONDAY:

Chest:
5 x 12-8 bench press (heavy)
5 x 12-8 incline dumbell presses
5 x 12-8 incline dumbell flys

Triceps:
5 x 12-8 close grip bench press
5 x 12-8 kickbacks
5 x 12-8 skullcrushers

WEDNESDAY:

Back:
5 x 12-8 t-bar rows (heavy)
5 x 12-8 barbell rows
5 x 12-8 deadlifts

Biceps:
5 x 12-8 ez curls
5 x 12-8 single arm curls

FRIDAY:

Shoulders:
5 x 12-8 shoulder presses
5 x 12-8 barbell shrugs
5 x 12-8 dumbell lateral raises

Legs:
5 x 12-8 squats (heavy)

I am currentley chomping down as much whole food as I can to try and get my self into animal shape! Please feel free to critique away guys! Thanks for your time!

Good starter or bulking routine. Maybe get rid of the kickbacks on tri's they're pointless. You should add 1-2 sets of chins or pulldowns to back. I would also add 2 sets of bent over reverse flies along with 1-2 sets of Hammer Strength Plate Loaded Shoulder Press for them boulders. On legs add Straight Leg Deadlifts 2-3 sets + Walking Lunges. Then you got yourself a routine.

BryanSmash!
12-14-08, 4:32 pm
Actually looks like a pretty damn good routine bro.

The only suggestions I'd make, is drop the kickbacks, and closegrips, and hit up some dips instead. Kickbacks are not a very good tricep builder imo, and you're already hitting up flat bench, so I think dips would be a better tricep exercise for you.

On your back day I'd start out with deadlifts as that is the biggest mass builder there, and you want to get that shot of testosterone it induces right from the start.

On your legs and shoulder day I'd start off with squats, just like with the deads you want to hit the big mass builder first, and I'd finish things off with some calf work to round things off.

All in all looks like a pretty solid routine bro, like how it's only 3 days a week, allowing plenty of recovery, and it mainly focuses on big compound lifts. Hope you make some good gains on it.

x2. Also, I'd drop the shrugs as your traps will have more than enough work with t-bar row, BO rows and deads.

For me, this workout plan is waaaay to heavy on volume. I would only do five sets on the first exercise, and two on the rest. But thats just what works for me, so if that amount of volume works well for you, than keep doing it until it doesnt work anymore.

BazP07
12-14-08, 4:33 pm
Thanks for the advice guys. Thats what I am after, solid mass building and hopefully I will start to see some gains! Thanks again!