PDA

View Full Version : Illegitimis Non Carborundum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

mark
12-15-08, 2:20 pm
Currently home on leave, training with JKellum, Eric "Big EZY" Downey and Krewe. Not really training for anything specific right now, just working on getting bigger and stronger.

Here's what I did this weekend:

13 DEC 2008

bw= 203

-Warm Up with some light DB movements to loosen up

Bench Press
raw
135/5x2
185/3
225/3
245/3x2
Added Loose 50 Double Ply Rage X - fit me like a loose t-shirt
Added 2 board
315/1
365/1
405/1
drop to 1 board
405/1
Went to the chest
405/1- This was a grinder on the way up
Raw Work - Took off Bench Shirt
Feet in the air, paused on the chest and held the lockout for 3sec
185/3x3- fried at this point

Other highlights from last week included:
315/1 SSB squat, 225/15 SSB squat, and a 405/5 RDL

Get Strong,
Mark

mark
12-16-08, 12:49 am
15 DEC 2008

Squat and Back work

bw= 205

DB Upright Rowz
35/10
45/10
60/10
70/10

Bent Over Reverse Flyes
25/10
30/10
35/10
45/10

Pull Upz
BW/8
BW/6
BW/5

Close Stance SSB Squats- I count the bar as 45lbs
135/5
185/5
225/5
275/5
added belt
315/3
365/x

Overall a solid night. Fell out of position on the last set of squats, will come back and hit this soon.

Getting Strong(er),
mark

Themostocles
12-16-08, 6:31 am
Strong work bro. Glad to see you starting up another journey. You have got alot of knowledge and a very 'blunt' way of explaining things. You training with a particular style right now? -T.

mark
12-16-08, 12:30 pm
Thanks bro.
Yeah, I can be rather direct, and I don't tend to beat around the bush. I keep it short, simple, and honest.

My training method at this time can only be described as the Jesse Kellum Method of Getting Bigger and Stronger. This is not how I normally train however, you will see i carry over a lot of the same principles when I'm training on my own.

Lots of 3s and 5s on the big 3. And usually 4-5sets of 5-12 reps on the assistance work. Lots of emphasis on back and traps (typically train them twice a week), and tris.
One week is usually more volume or speed work (we typically use a higher volume than most on our speed work too), and then the next week is more of an emphasis on going heavy.

Most of the above is basic guidelines, a lot of what we do depends on time till meets, what kind of meets, etc.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Hope This Helps,
mark

IRBS
12-16-08, 12:42 pm
Good stuff Mark. How long you home for?

Themostocles
12-16-08, 12:45 pm
If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Hope This Helps,
mark

At the moment I am training under someone, but I try to learn everything I can. Going to pull in my first meet in April, and in the mean time get everything else up to par. -T.

mark
12-16-08, 1:07 pm
Roger. Good luck with your training going into the meet. I wouldn't worry too much about not everything else being "up to par", just get in the meet, establish some numbers, and have some fun. Remember, you're only competition is yourself.

mark
12-16-08, 2:51 pm
Good stuff Mark. How long you home for?

Thanks bro.

I'm home for about 2.5more weeks (4 total)... A nice little break before I have to go to my training for my deployment to Africa.

IRBS
12-16-08, 2:55 pm
Thanks bro.

I'm home for about 2.5more weeks (4 total)... A nice little break before I have to go to my training for my deployment to Africa.

Gotchya. Well if you get a wild hair you can drive up to North Alabama to train, LOL!

IRBS
12-16-08, 3:03 pm
Oh, and also "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

mark
12-16-08, 4:11 pm
Gotchya. Well if you get a wild hair you can drive up to North Alabama to train, LOL!

I'll be SC for a month or so for my training, I might have to drive over from there if i can get a rental car... Currently don't have a car right now, and it's too much of a hassle where I live to get one.

mark
12-16-08, 4:15 pm
Oh, and also "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

With everything that has been going on in my life lately, I thought this was a fitting title, plus its a good motto for lifting...

mark
12-17-08, 12:22 am
16 DEC 2008

Bench Assistance Nite

bw= 201... cut back on the number of cookies and egg nog so as to help minimize the number of headaches I have when I get back to work

a1)DB Curlz
25/10
30/10
35/10
40/10
35/10

a2)Wrist Curls
75/20x5

Standing Press- Strict
45/10
135/8x4

Smith Machine Push Upz
4x8-10
These will smoke your tris

The following was done as a huge circuit

Tri Pushdowns
10/20
11/20
12/20
13/10

Machine Preacher Curlz
3x10-12

Machine Sit Ups
3x25

Ab Wheel
3sets of whatever I could get

Overall a good workout. Arms are destroyed, but will be fine for some heavy pressing on Saturday.

GFH,
mark

Themostocles
12-17-08, 1:13 am
Nice assistance work. That ciruit looks pretty brutal. -T.

mark
12-17-08, 10:56 am
Nice assistance work. That ciruit looks pretty brutal. -T.

Thanks bro... Yeah, it was brutal, but it helps build big lifts.

IRBS
12-17-08, 11:59 am
Thanks bro... Yeah, it was brutal, but it helps build big lifts.

Too many Powerlifters avoid volume and pace of accessory work. Thats why so many people are sucking wind by the time the deadlifts roll around....

Volume is key.
Good work Mark.

mark
12-17-08, 2:17 pm
Too many Powerlifters avoid volume and pace of accessory work. Thats why so many people are sucking wind by the time the deadlifts roll around....

Volume is key.
Good work Mark.

Thanks Will.

True that. If you keep you manage your rest intervals correctly (please whatever you do, don't sit there with a stop watch or looking at the clock... listen to your instincts) on assistance work, not only do you get your assistance work taken care of, but you can get a good bit of conditioning work in too... I'm personally a fan of supersetting my low intensity assistance work.

Also, a lot of powerlifters are guilty of not doing enough volume and focus only on high intensity work. As volume goes up, so will strength... and given a few other factors, hypertrophy will increase as well.

-mark

IRBS
12-17-08, 2:19 pm
Thanks Will.

True that. If you keep you manage your rest intervals correctly (please whatever you do, don't sit there with a stop watch or looking at the clock... listen to your instincts) on assistance work, not only do you get your assistance work taken care of, but you can get a good bit of conditioning work in too... I'm personally a fan of supersetting my low intensity assistance work.

Also, a lot of powerlifters are guilty of not doing enough volume and focus only on high intensity work. As volume goes up, so will strength... and given a few other factors, hypertrophy will increase as well.

-mark

We use a lot of super sets and triple sets after our first 2 main lifts of the night. By the end you are sucking wind. Its great work. Plus, like you said, it adds strength and muscle mass...

I think too many people over-think this stuff.

mark
12-17-08, 2:50 pm
We use a lot of super sets and triple sets after our first 2 main lifts of the night. By the end you are sucking wind. Its great work. Plus, like you said, it adds strength and muscle mass...

I think too many people over-think this stuff.

True... Unfortunately, people either way under-think this stuff or way over-complicate it...

mark
12-18-08, 10:53 pm
18 DEC 2008

Deadlift Day

bw= 199... Finally got on a calibrated scale...

The following was done as a circuit

Back Hyperz
bw/20
25/20x2... Plate held behind the head
bw/20

Weighted Crunches
75/25x4

DB Upright Rowz
35/10
50/10
60/10
75/10

End of Circuit

Pull Upz
bw/10x2
bw/8

Rack Pullz- bar just below the knees
225/5
315/5
405/5
added belt
495/5... PR
585/x... Need to get my upper back stronger

CSR
2 plates/18x2

Overall a good night, can't complain about PRs, but I should be pulling 585 from that height. Will increase my upper back work slowly over the next couple of weeks by doing a few band rows every day.

Never Satisfied,
mark

Themostocles
12-18-08, 11:58 pm
Nice PR. Is there a reason you did the rackpulls at the backend vs. the beginning? -T.

mark
12-19-08, 12:52 am
Thanks bro.

No real reason other than to mix it up, and make the pulls more challenging without needing a ton of weight which can beat you down, both physically and mentally.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 1:22 am
18 DEC 2008

Deadlift Day

bw= 199... Finally got on a calibrated scale...

The following was done as a circuit

Back Hyperz
bw/20
25/20x2... Plate held behind the head
bw/20

Weighted Crunches
75/25x4

DB Upright Rowz
35/10
50/10
60/10
75/10

End of Circuit

Pull Upz
bw/10x2
bw/8

Rack Pullz- bar just below the knees
225/5
315/5
405/5
added belt
495/5... PR
585/x... Need to get my upper back stronger

CSR
2 plates/18x2

Overall a good night, can't complain about PRs, but I should be pulling 585 from that height. Will increase my upper back work slowly over the next couple of weeks by doing a few band rows every day.

Never Satisfied,
mark

damn man, lookin good in here

and i feel like a bitch even more now seeing how you weigh 199 now and im 197-198. lol i got some catching up to do!

congrats on the pr dude

Themostocles
12-19-08, 1:27 am
and i feel like a bitch even more now seeing how you weigh 199 now and im 197-198. lol i got some catching up to do!

Least you still deadlift more than Squatty lol. -T.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 1:31 am
Least you still deadlift more than Squatty lol. -T.

thats not gonna make me feel good about myself lol, but i definatly do lol

mark, what are your maxs on the big 3 these days?

mark
12-19-08, 1:32 am
damn man, lookin good in here

congrats on the pr dude

Thanks dude...

Hahaha, it all comes with time dude... Rome wasn't built in a day.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 1:35 am
Thanks dude...

Hahaha, it all comes with time dude... Rome wasn't built in a day.

true, i got time, i only started benching and squatting free weight this june sadly, well, bench i got hurt in may training like a bodybuilder.

i should be alot stronger on those lifts. if only i started out as a powerlifter and not a bodybuilder for 4 years prior. damn.

mark
12-19-08, 1:37 am
thats not gonna make me feel good about myself lol, but i definatly do lol

mark, what are your maxs on the big 3 these days?

Current bests are...

Squat= 650 with double ply briefs, denim squat suit, and knee wraps (belt was annoying me so I didn't use it)

Bench= 405 in a double ply Rage X with a chest plate that's 6sizes too big in the chest and 8 sizes too big in the arms

Deadlift= don't know, last time i pulled heavy off the ground sumo (how I pull in meets) was 6 months ago, and I pulled an easy 505 in just briefs (belts and I don't get along on pulls from the ground)... All my current pulls have been conventional either standing on plates, or out of the rack.

Themostocles
12-19-08, 1:40 am
Nice numbers Mark. I've had issues with my belt on deads as well. It binds me up alittle at the beginning. -T.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 1:40 am
Current bests are...

Squat= 650 with double ply briefs, denim squat suit, and knee wraps (belt was annoying me so I didn't use it)

Bench= 405 in a double ply Rage X with a chest plate that's 6sizes too big in the chest and 8 sizes too big in the arms

Deadlift= don't know, last time i pulled heavy off the ground sumo (how I pull in meets) was 6 months ago, and I pulled an easy 505 in just briefs (belts and I don't get along on pulls from the ground)... All my current pulls have been conventional either standing on plates, or out of the rack.

nice man, can you pull on a plate you think in a meet? it makes the lift harder normally, id love to see what a judge would say lol "ummmm okkkk?"

how do you like the rage shirts? kennely uses them i no

mark
12-19-08, 1:41 am
true, i got time, i only started benching and squatting free weight this june sadly, well, bench i got hurt in may training like a bodybuilder.

i should be alot stronger on those lifts. if only i started out as a powerlifter and not a bodybuilder for 4 years prior. damn.

Just be smart, and be patient... Getting strong is a marathon, not a sprint

mark
12-19-08, 1:44 am
Nice numbers Mark. I've had issues with my belt on deads as well. It binds me up alittle at the beginning. -T.

Thanks man.
Hit your abs with a lot of heavy volume. Also, heavy oblique work, mostly heavy DB side bends and you'll be set.

Also, dump your belt for everything but squats. You really need to build up your ab strength to handle heavy loads without extra support.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 1:47 am
Just be smart, and be patient... Getting strong is a marathon, not a sprint

hear ya on that. i sprinted straight into injury lol

off topic, DE squat day, got any advise? i got really good explosive squats now with 225, i can do my set of a double in under 2 seconds. should i add weight to it to keep makeing progress? what is best to do to increase my speed on DE days? im gettin the bands soon for rehab, maybe some of those?

Themostocles
12-19-08, 1:47 am
Also, dump your belt for everything but squats. You really need to build up your ab strength to handle heavy loads without extra support.

I don't use it unless I am repping heavy on deads or going for a max. Anything above 425 I will use it to. I do use it on squats tho. -T.

mark
12-19-08, 1:48 am
nice man, can you pull on a plate you think in a meet? it makes the lift harder normally, id love to see what a judge would say lol "ummmm okkkk?"

how do you like the rage shirts? kennely uses them i no

I would hate to pull off a plate in a meet... That would be a total kick in the nuts, esp after squats and bench.

The Rage Xs are good shirts, I'm personally a bit of a bigger fan of the Titans (with a few mods of course).
Kennelly actually switched to what is called a Super Phenom. Its an extremely beefed up Phenom.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 1:51 am
I would hate to pull off a plate in a meet... That would be a total kick in the nuts, esp after squats and bench.

The Rage Xs are good shirts, I'm personally a bit of a bigger fan of the Titans (with a few mods of course).
Kennelly actually switched to what is called a Super Phenom. Its an extremely beefed up Phenom.

oh, i thought u said you where better off a plate lol?

i remember watching kennelys dvd and seeing the ragex shirt.
well, aslong as he sets 1100, i dont care what shirt it is

mark
12-19-08, 1:55 am
hear ya on that. i sprinted straight into injury lol

off topic, DE squat day, got any advise? i got really good explosive squats now with 225, i can do my set of a double in under 2 seconds. should i add weight to it to keep makeing progress? what is best to do to increase my speed on DE days? im gettin the bands soon for rehab, maybe some of those?

Yes, add weight, try upping it to 235. If that goes well, up it to 245. Basically, if you're fast with a weight on all your sets, up the weight till it starts to slow down. From there, drop the weight back to the last weight you were fast with.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 1:57 am
Yes, add weight, try upping it to 235. If that goes well, up it to 245. Basically, if you're fast with a weight on all your sets, up the weight till it starts to slow down. From there, drop the weight back to the last weight you were fast with.

cool dude, been using 225 for soem time now, i use to go up to 275 but dropped the ego.
ill add some weight tomorow.

mark
12-19-08, 1:57 am
I don't use it unless I am repping heavy on deads or going for a max. Anything above 425 I will use it to. I do use it on squats tho. -T.

I would drop the belt on the deads and build up your ab strength. It'll make a big difference when you go back to lifting with a belt again.

Themostocles
12-19-08, 1:58 am
I would drop the belt on the deads and build up your ab strength. It'll make a big difference when you go back to lifting with a belt again.

Alright thanks. -T.

mark
12-19-08, 1:59 am
oh, i thought u said you where better off a plate lol?

i remember watching kennelys dvd and seeing the ragex shirt.
well, aslong as he sets 1100, i dont care what shirt it is

No, I'm not better off the plates... I suck at them, so that's why I do them.

mark
12-19-08, 2:00 am
cool dude, been using 225 for soem time now, i use to go up to 275 but dropped the ego.
ill add some weight tomorow.

Sounds like a plan... Don't forget, your 5s and 10s need some lovin' too... and what better time than when doing DE work.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 2:00 am
No, I'm not better off the plates... I suck at them, so that's why I do them.

my bad, mis read that one. you got my brain wonderin though

mark
12-19-08, 2:01 am
my bad, mis read that one. you got my brain wonderin though

Remember, weak points come from not doing the things you suck at and hate to do.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 2:01 am
Sounds like a plan... Don't forget, your 5s and 10s need some lovin' too... and what better time than when doing DE work.

lol, in this 1 gym, they paint the 5's and 2.5's pink so you are embarrased to use them. they say "those plates are for platform records, not gym lifts, go big or go home"

prowrestler
12-19-08, 2:02 am
Remember, weak points come from not doing the things you suck at and hate to do.

i was just gonna say that. you find a weakness, great. now you know what to work.

mark
12-19-08, 2:04 am
lol, in this 1 gym, they paint the 5's and 2.5's pink so you are embarrased to use them. they say "those plates are for platform records, not gym lifts, go big or go home"

There's a reason they invented the middle finger

Themostocles
12-19-08, 2:05 am

Bring on the pink plates. Add on what you can add on. Besides pulling off plates I will also pull all 35s or both. -T.

prowrestler
12-19-08, 2:16 am
There's a reason they invented the middle finger

ha lol, agreed. ya cant always make 20 pound pr's

Bring on the pink plates. Add on what you can add on. Besides pulling off plates I will also pull all 35s or both. -T.

odd you say that, a powerlifteri met told me he only uses 35's in his gym training. right up before he has meet prep training. then he uses the normal 45 plates.

he says using the 35's for teh majority of the year made commin back to useing 45 pound plates a breeze and alot of speed out of the whole.
i found it very interesting. he pulls 720ish in the policeman comps.

mark
12-19-08, 2:20 am
it's the same concept as pulling off of the plates.

mark
12-20-08, 2:23 pm
20 DEC 2008

Bench Press with the Krewe

bw= 200

Floor Press
135/5x2
185/5
205/5
215/5x2

Bench Press
Wore Loose 50 Double Rage X... Right size for me would be a 44
2 Board
315/5... Set up wasn't great
315/5... Better set up, weight flew up
365/3... grip started to slip, but weigt went up well
Drop to 1 Board
335/5
To the Chest
335/x... Had shirt pulled down a wee bit too much, wasn't going to touch
315/3... Pulled shirt all the way on - could only touch last rep... Ran out of gas

DB Presses
70/8
80/5x2
75/5

The whole Krewe was there today. Every one did well. Eric beasted the DB presses today too.
Getting more comfortable in the shirt. Definitely need to keep doing volume work in the shirt in the future. I shouldn't be running out of gas so easily.

Getting Strong(er),
mark

prowrestler
12-20-08, 2:32 pm
20 DEC 2008

Bench Press with the Krewe

bw= 200

Floor Press
135/5x2
185/5
205/5
215/5x2

Bench Press
Wore Loose 50 Double Rage X... Right size for me would be a 44
2 Board
315/5... Set up wasn't great
315/5... Better set up, weight flew up
365/3... grip started to slip, but weigt went up well
Drop to 1 Board
335/5
To the Chest
335/x... Had shirt pulled down a wee bit too much, wasn't going to touch
315/3... Pulled shirt all the way on - could only touch last rep... Ran out of gas

DB Presses
70/8
80/5x2
75/5

The whole Krewe was there today. Every one did well. Eric beasted the DB presses today too.
Getting more comfortable in the shirt. Definitely need to keep doing volume work in the shirt in the future. I shouldn't be running out of gas so easily.

Getting Strong(er),
mark

nice work mark

mark
12-20-08, 2:47 pm
nice work mark

Thanks dude

Themostocles
12-20-08, 3:04 pm
Nice pressing Mark. So when do you reccomend going towards geared lifting? I know I want to hit 315 raw first, but afther that I got no clue when to start. -T.

mark
12-20-08, 3:18 pm
Nice pressing Mark. So when do you reccomend going towards geared lifting? I know I want to hit 315 raw first, but afther that I got no clue when to start. -T.

Thanks bro.

Well, if its a goal of yours to bench 315 raw first, I would start adding gear after you bench that. Regardless of your strength level, you can always use gear. Obviously, if you're weak, you'll wear looser gear than someone who is stronger.

For you're first shirt, I would get something a tad on the looser side so you can slowly get use to the heavier weights, learn how to touch without too much trouble, and using the looser shirt will also give your tris more work and help make you stronger.

mark
12-23-08, 1:25 pm
22 DEC 2008

Squat Nite

bw= 199

Super setted the following

Chest Supported DB Rowz
35/25
45/25x2
Palms at a 45, and pulled these high into my arm pits to stress the upper back some more.

Upright Rowz
95/25x3

End of Super Set

Did the following as a circuit

Back Hyperz
bw/20
25/20x2
Plate behind the head

Hammer Strength Shrugz
315/20
Count the machine as a 45lbs, so 3 plates per side

Sit Upz
bw/25x3

Weighted Crunches
75/25x3

End of Circuit

Squatz
135/10
225/10
Our backs were toasted at this point, so we called it a night.

Drink More Nog,
mark

Themostocles
12-23-08, 1:27 pm
Damn that was some volume before the squats. Great work Mark, and have a merry Xmas. -T.

mark
12-23-08, 1:29 pm
Damn that was some volume before the squats. Great work Mark, and have a merry Xmas. -T.

Yeah, shocking the body every now and then is good for the soul.

Have a good Christmas too bro.

prowrestler
12-23-08, 1:52 pm
nice day mark

mark
12-23-08, 2:58 pm
nice day mark

Thanks bro.

IRBS
12-23-08, 3:38 pm
22 DEC 2008

Squat Nite

bw= 199

Super setted the following

Chest Supported DB Rowz
35/25
45/25x2
Palms at a 45, and pulled these high into my arm pits to stress the upper back some more.

Upright Rowz
95/25x3

End of Super Set

Did the following as a circuit

Back Hyperz
bw/20
25/20x2
Plate behind the head

Hammer Strength Shrugz
315/20
Count the machine as a 45lbs, so 3 plates per side

Sit Upz
bw/25x3

Weighted Crunches
75/25x3

End of Circuit

Squatz
135/10
225/10
Our backs were toasted at this point, so we called it a night.

Drink More Nog,
mark

Solid work mark

mark
12-23-08, 11:26 pm
Solid work mark

Thanks Fatty!

mark
12-23-08, 11:38 pm
23 DEC 2008

Bench Assistance Nite

bw= 200 pounds of pure sexxxiness

DB Curlz
20/10
25/10
35/10x3

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
95/10
135/8-10x4
We always remove the counter weight on the Smith Machine... Used a thumb space grip

Over Head Lockouts
155/5x3
Done on the Smith Machine as well... Position the seat so that way you bring the bar to the center of the top of your head... Used a thumb space grip as well on these

Push Ups
set 1: 100pound plate for 1min hold
set 2: 45 pound plate for 25 push ups... 30sec hold with no weight
set 3: 100 pound plate for 30sec hold

Nog Makes You Strong,
mark

Themostocles
12-23-08, 11:54 pm
Those OH lockouts sound tough as hell, will have to give them a shot sometime. -T.

mark
12-24-08, 10:54 am
Those OH lockouts sound tough as hell, will have to give them a shot sometime. -T.

They are... They work magic for your lockout... just have to make sure you don't drop the weight on your head when doing them

Themostocles
12-24-08, 11:14 am
They are... They work magic for your lockout... just have to make sure you don't drop the weight on your head when doing them

I've got enough brain damage already lol. Thanks. -T.

mark
12-25-08, 12:38 pm
Merry Christmas to all!

May you gain 10lbs, go up a pants size, and have a terrific bloat all day!

prowrestler
12-25-08, 12:40 pm
Merry Christmas to all!

good work before

merry christmas, i dunno what to say about the eating part lol but i still got my chicken and steaks and shit for today so ill bloat up as much as i can!

Themostocles
12-25-08, 10:19 pm
I am not how much I gained, but I had to take my belt off. Ham, turkey, brisquet, and all kinds of goodies. -T.

mark
12-26-08, 12:10 am
I am not how much I gained, but I had to take my belt off. Ham, turkey, brisquet, and all kinds of goodies. -T.

Congrats! You should hold your head up high... Hope you had a good Christmas.

Psycho77
12-26-08, 12:36 am
First time here and I like what I. Lots of serious weights being thrown around. Good work Mark. Merry Christmas!

IRBS
12-26-08, 11:21 am
Merry Christmas to all!

This is the best part about the holidays....

mark
12-26-08, 12:24 pm
First time here and I like what I. Lots of serious weights being thrown around. Good work Mark. Merry Christmas!

Thanks bro, and welcome.

Hope you had a good Christmas.

mark
12-26-08, 12:26 pm
This is the best part about the holidays....

True that... Plus you have a great excuse to eat all the tastey cookies and pie, and drink the egg nog... Because it's the only time of the year you can get it.

mark
12-26-08, 6:55 pm
26 DEC 2008

Squat Work

bw= Fat and bloated...

SSB Box Squats
Box 1 inch below parallel
Count the bar as 45lbs
95/10
135/10
185/10
added belt
225/10
275/7
365/x... ran out of gas

SSB Good Mornings
135/10x3

Lower Ab Crunch
bw/25x3

Weighted Crunches
75/25x2

Short and sweet today, only took about 45mins... Purpose was just to get the blood flowing, and not too feel as fat, bloated, and lazy...

I Swear It's All Bloat,
mark

prowrestler
12-26-08, 11:24 pm
26 DEC 2008

Squat Work

bw= Fat and bloated...

SSB Box Squats
Box 1 inch below parallel
Count the bar as 45lbs
95/10
135/10
185/10
added belt
225/10
275/7
365/x... ran out of gas

SSB Good Mornings
135/10x3

Lower Ab Crunch
bw/25x3

Weighted Crunches
75/25x2

Short and sweet today, only took about 45mins... Purpose was just to get the blood flowing, and not too feel as fat, bloated, and lazy...

I Swear It's All Bloat,
mark

if only it was a bench day.....

nice stuff mark, the SSB work seems to be doing everyone good.

mark
12-27-08, 9:26 am
if only it was a bench day.....

nice stuff mark, the SSB work seems to be doing everyone good.

Thanks bro... The SSBar can cure just about any flaw in squat form caused by a muscular weakness... It's worth it's weight in gold...

Still Proudly Bloated,
mark

mark
12-27-08, 7:57 pm
27 DEC 2008

Heavy Shirt Bench Day

bw= 200 pounds of bloated sexxxiness...

General warm up with several DB movements

Bench Press
raw
135/8
185/5
225/3
Put on a huge Metal Pro Bench Shirt
Add 2 Board
315/1
365/1
385/1- slow grinder
405/1- total grinder
Drop to 1 Board
405/1- slightly better speed
To the Chest
405/x... Just missed at lockout
385/1... Complete grinder from chest to lockout
The bench shirt I used today was much bigger than the shirt I've used the past couple of weeks, so no complaints on my performance today. I could put all my fingers between the sleeve and my arm so needless to say, the sleeves were loose. Chest was several inches too big too, I could get my hands down to a 2 board level before the shirt would start to lock up.
Hard to complain about getting 150pounds out of a shirt that is about 4-6 sizes too big... Can't wait to get into a properly fitted shirt

DB Presses w/ Feet on Bench
70/8
80/8
80/7
70/8

Overall a great day. Unfortunately, it will be my last Saturday morning bench workout with Jesse Kellum and the entire Krewe for about 1.5-2years. By far, the best group of guys to train with... period. Good luck guys!

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler,
mark

Themostocles
12-27-08, 8:09 pm
Definitely letting the good times roll. So when are you getting a bench shirt to fit your bloated sexiness? What kind you getting? What is your raw max? I am just full of questions lol. Way to kick ass Mark. -T.

mark
12-27-08, 8:29 pm
Definitely letting the good times roll. So when are you getting a bench shirt to fit your bloated sexiness? What kind you getting? What is your raw max? I am just full of questions lol. Way to kick ass Mark. -T.

I probably won't get a properly fitted shirt for about 2 years. I'm getting ready to deploy to the Djibouti Africa for 15months, and am planning on getting my raw strength up... hence i don't need a properly fitted shirt right now.

I'm going to wait and see what my options are when I return before i commit to a specific shirt.

My raw max is about 255.

Feel free to ask away...

Thanks Bro,
mark

Psycho77
12-27-08, 10:40 pm
Heavy chest day indeed. Damn heavy pressing bro, 405 is a number I have been aiming for since I started my journey. Getting inspired more each time I hit your journey.

mark
12-28-08, 9:35 am
Heavy chest day indeed. Damn heavy pressing bro, 405 is a number I have been aiming for since I started my journey. Getting inspired more each time I hit your journey.

Thanks bro... Just keep hacking away at it, and the weights will fall slowly but surely.

pedraza
12-28-08, 11:49 am
best of luck in africa, just train your ass off. and come back putting up big numbers. hopefully you have a nice gym there to work out at. i was once in africa a whiles back in a little dirt hole called jabudy ( or how ever you spell it ) needless to say i didnt have a gym to work out at.

prowrestler
12-28-08, 12:01 pm
27 DEC 2008

Heavy Shirt Bench Day

Bench Press
raw
135/8
185/5
225/3
Add 2 Board
315/1
365/1
385/1- slow grinder
405/1- total grinder
Drop to 1 Board
To the Chest
The bench shirt I used today was much bigger than the shirt I've used the past couple of weeks, so no complaints on my performance today. I could put all my fingers between the sleeve and my arm so needless to say, the sleeves were loose. Chest was several inches too big too, I could get my hands down to a 2 board level before the shirt would start to lock up.
Hard to complain about getting 150pounds out of a shirt that is about 4-6 sizes too big... Can't wait to get into a properly fitted shirt

70/8
80/8
80/7
70/8

Overall a great day. Unfortunately, it will be my last Saturday morning bench workout with Jesse Kellum and the entire Krewe for about 1.5-2years. By far, the best group of guys to train with... period. Good luck guys!

mark

solid day mark

mark
12-28-08, 5:22 pm
Thanks man.

IRBS
12-28-08, 6:22 pm
27 DEC 2008

Heavy Shirt Bench Day

Bench Press
raw
135/8
185/5
225/3
Add 2 Board
315/1
365/1
385/1- slow grinder
405/1- total grinder
Drop to 1 Board
To the Chest

70/8
80/8
80/7
70/8

mark

How do you like the Metal Bench shirt...I have not heard good things about them, other than Denims, from anybody...

mark
12-28-08, 6:41 pm
Hard for me to say. The only shirt that I used that was properly sized was the Viking Pro, and I just couldn't get it to work for me. Felt like I didn't get any rebound from it.

The Metal Pro has given me some decent rebound, but the shirt was huge on me, so hard to say how good it would work if properly fitted.

Besides what people have written online, I can't provide any feedback on any other Metal Shirts.

However, if you're going to get a more rebound type poly, I would go with a Super Duper Phenom (remember this shirt needs to be tighter than a Drill Instructor's ass sphincter), or give the new ACE shirt a try.

Stopping power... Rage X or Katana.

T o m m Y
12-28-08, 6:59 pm
nice pressing bro

mark
12-28-08, 11:31 pm
nice pressing bro

thanks bro.

IRBS
12-29-08, 8:54 am
Hard for me to say. The only shirt that I used that was properly sized was the Viking Pro, and I just couldn't get it to work for me. Felt like I didn't get any rebound from it.

The Metal Pro has given me some decent rebound, but the shirt was huge on me, so hard to say how good it would work if properly fitted.

Besides what people have written online, I can't provide any feedback on any other Metal Shirts.

However, if you're going to get a more rebound type poly, I would go with a Super Duper Phenom (remember this shirt needs to be tighter than a Drill Instructor's ass sphincter), or give the new ACE shirt a try.

Stopping power... Rage X or Katana.

Cool. Thanks. Yeah I've got a competition fit Katana, but am thinking about picking up a double RageX or something similar to give a try. The Katana has killer support through lockout, but is a bitch to touch weight in...

mark
12-29-08, 12:00 pm
Cool. Thanks. Yeah I've got a competition fit Katana, but am thinking about picking up a double RageX or something similar to give a try. The Katana has killer support through lockout, but is a bitch to touch weight in...

You might want to give the Super Phenom a try... Just remember, it has to be super tight in order for you to get the most out of the shirt. That might help with your touching problems.

Will give you more rebound off your chest too

mark
12-29-08, 11:13 pm
29 DEC 2008

Back Work

bw= Chunkier...

DB Rowz
55/10
65/10
80/10
90/10

Close Grip Pull Downs
150/10
180/10
200/10

Wide Grip BTN Pull Downs
130/10
150/10x2

Chest Supported Rowz
2plates/10
2.5/10
3plates/10x2

SSB Squats
135/10x2... Still sore from Friday

Overall a solid session. Lots of much needed back work for me.

I'm Getting Fat,
mark

prowrestler
12-29-08, 11:31 pm
29 DEC 2008

Back Work

bw= Chunkier...

DB Rowz
55/10
65/10
80/10
90/10

Close Grip Pull Downs
150/10
180/10
200/10

Wide Grip BTN Pull Downs
130/10
150/10x2

Chest Supported Rowz
2plates/10
2.5/10
3plates/10x2

SSB Squats
135/10x2... Still sore from Friday

Overall a solid session. Lots of much needed back work for me.

I'm Getting Fat,
mark

big back workout man, entering any rowing meets or somethin lol?

im getting fat too
they need a shirt on elitefts.com: fat(er)

mark
12-29-08, 11:43 pm
big back workout man, entering any rowing meets or somethin lol?

im getting fat too
they need a shirt on elitefts.com: fat(er)

lol... No, that was just the flavor of today's workout.

Plus, my upper back is far from where I would like it, so all the more reason to do more back work.

prowrestler
12-29-08, 11:46 pm
lol... No, that was just the flavor of today's workout.

Plus, my upper back is far from where I would like it, so all the more reason to do more back work.

i got genetics to take care fo my upper back thankfully, i shrug like 1 time a month

play around with pulldown angles, us the cable machins and stuff

Psycho77
12-30-08, 2:29 am
Solid back breaking Mark.

mark
12-30-08, 10:54 am
i got genetics to take care fo my upper back thankfully, i shrug like 1 time a month

play around with pulldown angles, us the cable machins and stuff

I don't care about looks, I care about strength...

mark
12-30-08, 10:55 am
Solid back breaking Mark.

Thanks bro.

IRBS
12-30-08, 11:04 am

Whatever Mark, you know your a pretty boy sailor!! LOL JK Good work man.

mark
12-30-08, 11:08 am
Whatever Mark, you know your a pretty boy sailor!! LOL JK Good work man.

Shhhhh... Don't tell anyone my secrets...

Themostocles
12-30-08, 3:40 pm
Do you find the BTN work helps any more with your main lifts, or just some variety? -T.

mark
12-30-08, 4:25 pm
Do you find the BTN work helps any more with your main lifts, or just some variety? -T.

just some variety... it gets old always doing the same thing week after week...

prowrestler
12-30-08, 4:25 pm

but a massive upperback is gonna help your strength in benching and its gonna give you a solid base to put a 1000 pound bar on for squats right?

mark
12-30-08, 5:52 pm
but a massive upperback is gonna help your strength in benching and its gonna give you a solid base to put a 1000 pound bar on for squats right?

yes, a thick upper back will help with lifting leverages, a stronger back is more quintessential though.

prowrestler
12-30-08, 5:56 pm
yes, a thick upper back will help with lifting leverages, a stronger back is more quintessential though.

size+strength is the winning combo then. thankfully the back responds to heavy work well and will gain strength and gain mass. like most other muscles lol!

mark
12-30-08, 10:58 pm
30 DEC 2008

Bench Assistance Nite

bw= Slightly fatter than normal

DB Curlz
20/10
30/10x2
35/10
30/10
These were a pain as my elbow tendonitis was fully inflamed today...

Close Grip Incline Press- done on Smith Machine
135/8x2... Shoulder slightly aggravating
155/5... About the same as the last sets
155/x... Pain just got too bad
Raised the incline bench 2 holes
135/8x2... These felt a lot better

Side Lateral Raise
15/10
25/10x2

Tri Pushdowns
4x20... 2 sets with curl bar, 2 sets with rope

Smith Machine Close Grip Bench- Feet up, aka no leg drive
135/8x2
155/5x2
185/1
205/1
When the bar was about an inch off my chest, my shoulder felt like some one was stabbing a knife into the joint.

Iced my shoulders and elbows

Off till Friday, and will definitely be spending as much time between now and then icing my shoulders and elbows.
Some other highlights from tonight:
- Jesse Kellum hitting 405x1 on the incline and close grips tonight... And they were pressed very strong and smoothly.

Time To Recover,
mark

prowrestler
12-30-08, 11:02 pm
30 DEC 2008

Bench Assistance Nite

DB Curlz
20/10
30/10x2
35/10
30/10

Side Lateral Raise
15/10
25/10x2

Tri Pushdowns

135/8x2
155/5x2
185/1
205/1
When the bar was about an inch off my chest, my shoulder felt like some one was stabbing a knife into the joint.

Off till Friday, and will definitely be spending as much time between now and then icing my shoulders and elbows.
- Jesse Kellum hitting 405x1 on the incline and close grips tonight... And they were pressed very strong and smoothly.

Time To Recover,
mark

rehab well, ice and food

IRBS
12-30-08, 11:47 pm
30 DEC 2008

Bench Assistance Nite

DB Curlz
20/10
30/10x2
35/10
30/10

Side Lateral Raise
15/10
25/10x2

Tri Pushdowns

135/8x2
155/5x2
185/1
205/1

Time To Recover,
mark

Nice work Mark!

Themostocles
12-31-08, 1:07 am
R.I.C.E. that shit, and I hope it feels better. Nice work. -T.

Psycho77
12-31-08, 4:43 am
Solid workout there Mark. Rest and eat and hit back harder. Have a happy new year bro!

mark
12-31-08, 11:48 am
Thanks guys. Shoulder is feeling better but I will continue to ice it for the next couple of days.

J Wong
01-01-09, 12:41 pm
Strong workout, even with the shoulder pain. Hope it gets better.

mark
01-01-09, 1:54 pm
Strong workout, even with the shoulder pain. Hope it gets better.

Thanks bro! Shoulder is starting to feel better...

IRBS
01-02-09, 9:41 am
Thanks bro! Shoulder is starting to feel better...

I dont know if youve seen it before or not, but the Defranco Upper Body warmup that Dave Tate posted a while back has been a lifesaver for me and my shoulders/elbows. Look it up on You Tube or Elitefts. Its basically foam roller work and some stretches, but it makes a world of difference for me on upper body days.

mark
01-02-09, 3:26 pm
I dont know if youve seen it before or not, but the Defranco Upper Body warmup that Dave Tate posted a while back has been a lifesaver for me and my shoulders/elbows. Look it up on You Tube or Elitefts. Its basically foam roller work and some stretches, but it makes a world of difference for me on upper body days.

I'll look into it. I typically do foam roller work twice a day, but unfortunately, I didn't have a means of getting it home with me without paying the airline company an arm and a leg... I think i need to see my chiro too for an adjustment. Also look into getting it looked at by an ART therapist since it appears to be tracking forward a little bit.

mark
01-02-09, 3:52 pm
2 JAN 2009

Squats and Conditioning Work

bw= Fat... I have eaten everything I've seen over the past couple of days

SSB Squatz
45/10
95/10
135/10
185/10
225/10
belt
315/4

Pull Upz
bw/6-8x3

Sled Dragging
2 plates for 3 sprints

DB Rowz
90/10x3

Final workout with Jesse Kellum and Krewe. It was a pleasure to train with everyone as always. Thanks for the awesome workouts guys.
Today was an ass kicker. Definitely need to get back in shape. Definitely need to shed some of this holiday coat that i put on too...

Let The Fun Begin,
mark

Themostocles
01-02-09, 3:55 pm
Nice conditioning work, I really need to get ahold of a sled. Great job on the squats. So will you be training over in Djibouti? -T.

mark
01-02-09, 4:00 pm
Nice conditioning work, I really need to get ahold of a sled. Great job on the squats. So will you be training over in Djibouti? -T.

Thanks bro. If you know any welders, see if they can make one for you.

I don't leave for Djibouti just yet, I have a couple months of training before I get over there... But I will continue training while I am there, and all through my training.

IRBS
01-02-09, 4:40 pm
I'll look into it. I typically do foam roller work twice a day, but unfortunately, I didn't have a means of getting it home with me without paying the airline company an arm and a leg... I think i need to see my chiro too for an adjustment. Also look into getting it looked at by an ART therapist since it appears to be tracking forward a little bit.

ART has saved me a couple times.

mark
01-02-09, 4:48 pm
ART has saved me a couple times.

ART is a gift from the gods...

mark
01-06-09, 2:41 am
5 JAN 2009

BENCH PRESS NITE

bw= fat

-PVC work and band stretches for upper body

-Porno Press
135x8x2
185x3
205x3
225x1

-Dips
bw/12
bw/8

-Low Incline DB Press
50x18

-1 Arm Over Head Tri Ext
20x12

Well, i'm back in HI training on my own again. Somewhat of a deload tonight - really just wanted to get some work in without aggravating my shoulders or elbows too much. Shoulders felt better, but not 100%. Will take the rest of the week easy, and then pick things up next week.

Fun Times,
mark

Themostocles
01-06-09, 2:51 am
Porno Press? -T.

mark
01-06-09, 3:19 am
Porno Press? -T.

A porno press is the same as benching with your feet crossed in the air...

Which consequently looks like a position used frequently in pornos, hence the name...

Porno Press.

Themostocles
01-06-09, 3:33 am
A porno press is the same as benching with your feet crossed in the air...

Which consequently looks like a position used frequently in pornos, hence the name...

Porno Press.

Gotcha. Fuck doing that with 225 is impressive. -T.

mark
01-06-09, 4:16 am
Gotcha. Fuck doing that with 225 is impressive. -T.

Thanks bro...

mark
01-08-09, 2:38 am
7 JAN 2009

CRAP-TACULAR DEADLIFT NITE

bw= skinnier

-Pulls Standing On 2in Plate
135x5
225x5
315x3
365x2
Was slow and felt heavy... Didn't help motivation was non existent at this point

-Pull Ups
bw/3-5x3

-Machine Rows
90x10
120x8

-Shrugs
225x20

-Crunches
50reps

Overall, a completely crap-tastic night... Far from the same motivation force and atmosphere I get when training with Kellum... Going to change gyms, and try to figure out a time when i can train with a friend of mine...

Feel The Wind,
mark

Themostocles
01-08-09, 2:40 am
Eh, shit happens, don't let it get you down. Least you got to train with some great guys like that. I train alone 90% of the time. -T.

Psycho77
01-08-09, 6:33 am
Eh, shit happens, don't let it get you down. Least you got to train with some great guys like that. I train alone 90% of the time. -T.

- coz no one can keep up with ya T.

Don't sweat it Mark, shit happens. But honestly, looks like a good workout to me.

IRBS
01-08-09, 8:15 am
7 JAN 2009

CRAP-TACULAR DEADLIFT NITE

bw= skinnier

-Pulls Standing On 2in Plate
135x5
225x5
315x3
365x2
Was slow and felt heavy... Didn't help motivation was non existent at this point

-Pull Ups
bw/3-5x3

-Machine Rows
90x10
120x8

-Shrugs
225x20

-Crunches
50reps

Overall, a completely crap-tastic night... Far from the same motivation force and atmosphere I get when training with Kellum... Going to change gyms, and try to figure out a time when i can train with a friend of mine...

Feel The Wind,
mark

It happens to all of us. No worries.

mark
01-08-09, 2:10 pm

True true... Training on my own has never been a problem... Just think I need to get a better environment, the new gym just ain't cutting it for me...

mark
01-08-09, 2:11 pm
- coz no one can keep up with ya T.

Don't sweat it Mark, shit happens. But honestly, looks like a good workout to me.

Thanks bro...

mark
01-08-09, 2:12 pm
It happens to all of us. No worries.

True, just waiting till this funk i'm in and out of ends for good...

mark
01-08-09, 2:36 pm
Will be taking the rest of week off... Training will resume on Monday...

Themostocles
01-09-09, 1:38 am
Will be taking the rest of week off... Training will resume on Monday...

Enjoy the rest Mark. Eat up and come back strong. -T.

mark
01-09-09, 3:05 am
Enjoy the rest Mark. Eat up and come back strong. -T.

That's the plan

prowrestler
01-09-09, 1:12 pm
yep, the craptacular training's are just gonna happen, aslong as you come back stronger then ever though, who cares? i know my shitty training sessions fuel several solid sessions to come in the future, it always turns out that way.

come back loaded and strong and return with lots of anger

mark
01-09-09, 1:53 pm
yep, the craptacular training's are just gonna happen, aslong as you come back stronger then ever though, who cares? i know my shitty training sessions fuel several solid sessions to come in the future, it always turns out that way.

come back loaded and strong and return with lots of anger

True True...

Crappy days happen... it's what you learn from crappy days that depends on how useful it is...

My body needs a break, so I will give it what it wants...

Recovery... The real secret to muscle growth

prowrestler
01-09-09, 5:08 pm
True True...

Crappy days happen... it's what you learn from crappy days that depends on how useful it is...

My body needs a break, so I will give it what it wants...

Recovery... The real secret to muscle growth

thats it man

muscle growth? you turnin body builder on us? lol

funny fact: strong men/powerlifters have more muscle then any top bodybuilder. REAL MUSCLE TISSUE GROWTH. not this fluffy cellular volume bull shit

mark
01-09-09, 5:22 pm
muscle growth? you turnin body builder on us? lol

No, I don't believe in prancing around wearing thongs...

I just strut around butt ass naked flaunting myself, hahaha

prowrestler
01-09-09, 5:34 pm
No, I don't believe in prancing around wearing thongs...

I just strut around butt ass naked flaunting myself, hahaha

well, what you do in your own spare time is your business
whatever makes you happy, go for it!

mark
01-09-09, 5:43 pm
well, what you do in your own spare time is your business
whatever makes you happy, go for it!

I agree... Now if only there was a way to limit the amount of hair I leave everywhere when I'm strutting around I would be set.

prowrestler
01-09-09, 6:02 pm
I agree... Now if only there was a way to limit the amount of hair I leave everywhere when I'm strutting around I would be set.

use nair. it removes hair and it doesnt hurt! its a liquid.

mark
01-09-09, 6:11 pm
use nair. it removes hair and it doesnt hurt! its a liquid.

You gotta be crazy to think I'm putting a chemical that harsh next to my o-ring...

prowrestler
01-09-09, 6:24 pm
You gotta be crazy to think I'm putting a chemical that harsh next to my o-ring...

well, its either nair or a super sharp razor blade? your pic

mark
01-09-09, 6:47 pm
well, its either nair or a super sharp razor blade? your pic

I'd pick the razor... its kinkier and has more of an s&m appeal to it...

Now if only i could find a chic to shave it for me...

prowrestler
01-09-09, 6:51 pm
I'd pick the razor... its kinkier and has more of an s&m appeal to it...

Now if only i could find a chic to shave it for me...

its deffinatly a good pick up line, hit up the clubs in your singlet with the razor blade

mark
01-09-09, 7:49 pm
its deffinatly a good pick up line, hit up the clubs in your singlet with the razor blade

i'd go with ass-less chaps before a singlet...

I hate getting hair stuck in my clothes

prowrestler
01-09-09, 8:23 pm

lol, those are "in" these days, i swear!

Themostocles
01-09-09, 8:49 pm

It worked for Rob Halford of Judas Priest, but it turns out he was gay...

mark
01-09-09, 9:12 pm
It worked for Rob Halford of Judas Priest, but it turns out he was gay...

I guess since i'm straight i'll just have to live with having and dropping my ass crack hairs everywhere

Themostocles
01-09-09, 9:16 pm
I guess since i'm straight i'll just have to live with having and dropping my ass crack hairs everywhere

Leasst you don't look like someone in your family banged a yeti at some point. Of course I am better off than my brother whose hais is red and looks like some kinda fucking redhaired monkey. -T.

mark
01-11-09, 5:34 pm
Well, figured i'd put my goals for the next year or so out there, and give some details about the direction i'm going to take my training.

For those that can't figure it out, I define being a gear whore... And yes, I have no shame, but rather happiness, about my ability to reap big numbers out of gear.

However, I'm not proud in my raw strength, so that will be my only priority training wise over the course of the next 14-16 months while I am deployed.

When all is said and done, these are my overal goals:

Squat: 455- no belt, no wraps
Bench: 315- flat back, only wrist wraps
Deadlift- 495- no belt, conventional stance
Shoulder Press: 225- standing, no leg drive

I'd like to push my bodyweight up too 210+lbs with about 12%BF... I'm 205, 15% so this will be good challenge

You will also see a lot more full range movements from me. I am dumping all partial movements for the next 3-6 months. When i feel i need to do overloads, I will focus on band movements.

IRBS
01-11-09, 7:18 pm
Well, figured i'd put my goals for the next year or so out there, and give some details about the direction i'm going to take my training.

For those that can't figure it out, I define being a gear whore... And yes, I have no shame, but rather happiness, about my ability to reap big numbers out of gear.

However, I'm not proud in my raw strength, so that will be my only priority training wise over the course of the next 14-16 months while I am deployed.

I'd like to push my bodyweight up too 210+lbs with about 12%BF... I'm 205, 15% so this will be good challenge

You will also see a lot more full range movements from me. I am dumping all partial movements for the next 3-6 months. When i feel i need to do overloads, I will focus on band movements.

Solid and attainable goals Mark. Have you thought of using Wendler's 5/3/1 method to do this? I have seen people loving it with great sucess. May be worth a shot.

Themostocles
01-11-09, 7:32 pm
Almost the exact goals I have for the year. Shouldn't be a problem for you. -T.

mark
01-11-09, 8:29 pm
Solid and attainable goals Mark. Have you thought of using Wendler's 5/3/1 method to do this? I have seen people loving it with great sucess. May be worth a shot.

Hahaha, ironically I am planning on running Wendlers 5/3/1. I already have the meat of my training planned out for the next 6 months. After 6months, I'll revaluate and see where I'm at. Might switch it up after that for a little change and run through more of a peaking style routine.

mark
01-11-09, 8:32 pm
Almost the exact goals I have for the year. Shouldn't be a problem for you. -T.

I agree...

I believe goals are useless if they are unattainable.

Psycho77
01-11-09, 8:40 pm

Solid goals Mark.

mark
01-11-09, 8:43 pm
Solid goals Mark.

Thanks bro.

pedraza
01-12-09, 9:40 am
great job on those goals bro

mark
01-12-09, 6:59 pm
great job on those goals bro

Thanks... They should all fall nicely over the next year or so.

T o m m Y
01-12-09, 7:09 pm
awsome goals man!

what are your numbers right now??

def hit up 5/3/1

Subbed for this one!

mark
01-12-09, 7:42 pm
awsome goals man!

what are your numbers right now??

def hit up 5/3/1

Subbed for this one!

Squat: I'm going off of 325 right now. I know this is a low estimate, but my numbers are down right now do to having to fix some form issues earlier this year. Now that they're fixed, I expect these numbers to raise quickly and I will be back to where I was.

Bench: 260ish... I'm weak off my chest right now, so I'm going to be using the Porno press (feet in the air bench press) vice the standard bench press for the next 6 months -- my max for the porno press is roughly 235.

Deadlift: 375ish standing on a 2inch plate.

Yeah, I will be cycling 5/3/1 for 6 months and then go through a different routine that tends to work well for my raw lifts.

mark
01-13-09, 3:51 am
12 JAN 2008

PORNO PRESS DAY

bw= ?? leaner

-warm up-
pvc pipe rolling- wait until foam rolling is no longer painful before you start doing this
band stretching for all major muscle groups

-Porno Press
work sets
155x5
165x5
175x15- had to grind through mid range on last 2 reps. Stopped 1 rep short of failure

-Dips
bw/15
bw/13
bw/10
If you aren't strong at body weight exercises, then you need to get strong(er) at them. Body weight strength is part of a good foundation. Though they may not be as sexy as cable crossovers or cool as handling big weights on board presses or as "hard core" as chains and bands... If you suck at body weight exercises, your foundation sucks... And if you get strong(er) at them, your other lifts will go up too

super set the following:
a1) Incline DB Flyes
25x4x10 (read as 4 sets of 10)
35x10 rest/pause 35x5

a2) Over Head Cable Tri Ext
4x10-15
1x8 rest/pause 1x4
don't really care about the weight used on cable machines as each one is different... Did increase the weight on every set though

Solid night over all. Looking forward to this training session from the moment I woke up this morning. Had the sludge and thrash blaring all day, and was ready to get after it by the time I got to the gym.
Entire workout took about an hour with a few breaks to help one of the other guys with getting use to squatting in gear. Figured out his problem, a fairly common one. Went over a few drills and mental cues to fix his problem.
Random Tip of the Day:
When squatting in tight gear, esp double ply stuff and the new super single ply stuff, make sure you sit back hard. When it locks up, continue to sit back hard, keep your back tight, and spread your knees You'll reach depth easier this way, and get more out of your gear.

Cowboys From Hell,
mark

mark
01-13-09, 3:59 am
Ps- If y'all want me to continue to posting "random tips of the day" from time to time let me know. If y'all don't want me to, then let me know that as well as i don't want to waste people's time and insult their intelligence.
The tips will be geared toward something i helped people with, or things i use in my own training and technique.

Themostocles
01-13-09, 3:59 am
Thanks for the tip. And way to grind out those Porno Presses. Also its great to see a powerlifter advocation body weight exercises, essential to muscle foundation and balance. Apparently your time off did you some good. -T.

Themostocles
01-13-09, 4:02 am
Ps- If y'all want me to continue to posting "random tips of the day" from time to time let me know. If y'all don't want me to, then let me know that as well as i don't want to waste people's time and insult their intelligence.
The tips will be geared toward something i helped people with, or things i use in my own training and technique.

By all means. You might say something we might already know, but chances are you will have a different take on it; and plenty of new info. -T.

mark
01-13-09, 4:16 am
Thanks for the tip. And way to grind out those Porno Presses. Also its great to see a powerlifter advocation body weight exercises, essential to muscle foundation and balance. Apparently your time off did you some good. -T.

No problem bro.

Hahaha, thanks, I'm not use to that many reps so I know it will do me good.

I agree. Body weight strength is so fundamental and functional, yet so over looked. Gotta love Ocam's Razor, the simplest answer or explanation must be the correct one.

Yeah, the rest did me wonders, and I knew it would. That's why I had no reservation about taking it.
More is never better, only better is better.

prowrestler
01-13-09, 10:35 am
12 JAN 2008

PORNO PRESS DAY

bw= ?? leaner

-warm up-
pvc pipe rolling- wait until foam rolling is no longer painful before you start doing this

-Porno Press
work sets
155x5
165x5
175x15- had to grind through mid range on last 2 reps. Stopped 1 rep short of failure

-Dips
bw/15
bw/13
bw/10
If you aren't strong at body weight exercises, then you need to get strong(er) at them. Body weight strength is part of a good foundation. Though they may not be as sexy as cable crossovers or cool as handling big weights on board presses or as "hard core" as chains and bands... If you suck at body weight exercises, your foundation sucks... And if you get strong(er) at them, your other lifts will go up too

super set the following:
a1) Incline DB Flyes
35x10 rest/pause 35x5

4x10-15
1x8 rest/pause 1x4
don't really care about the weight used on cable machines as each one is different... Did increase the weight on every set though

Solid night over all. Looking forward to this training session from the moment I woke up this morning. Had the sludge and thrash blaring all day, and was ready to get after it by the time I got to the gym.
Entire workout took about an hour with a few breaks to help one of the other guys with getting use to squatting in gear. Figured out his problem, a fairly common one. Went over a few drills and mental cues to fix his problem.
Random Tip of the Day:
When squatting in tight gear, esp double ply stuff and the new super single ply stuff, make sure you sit back hard. When it locks up, continue to sit back hard, keep your back tight, and spread your knees You'll reach depth easier this way, and get more out of your gear.

Cowboys From Hell,
mark

nice porno pressin, the assles chaps would have been perfect...
good that u can do dips for good reps, alot of the heavier folk dont do body weight moves useing the excuse they weigh to much. bad excuse

keep the tips commin

mark
01-13-09, 1:06 pm
nice porno pressin, the assles chaps would have been perfect...
good that u can do dips for good reps, alot of the heavier folk dont do body weight moves useing the excuse they weigh to much. bad excuse

keep the tips commin

Yes, they would have been... Although, with how much i sweat, I don't think anyone would have wanted to use the bench after me -- it'd definitely take swamp ass to a whole new level.

I agree with you on the dips thing... If the heavier folks actually properly warmed up first, they wouldn't have the joint issues. There's no shame in using the assisted dip and pull up machine for a warm up set or 2.

prowrestler
01-13-09, 2:18 pm
Yes, they would have been... Although, with how much i sweat, I don't think anyone would have wanted to use the bench after me -- it'd definitely take swamp ass to a whole new level.

I agree with you on the dips thing... If the heavier folks actually properly warmed up first, they wouldn't have the joint issues. There's no shame in using the assisted dip and pull up machine for a warm up set or 2.

ha, just bring a towel or somethin

its not even that, they sya they weigh too much to be able to do them. i thought muscle mass mad you strong? guess im wrong or i guess there just fat

mark
01-13-09, 2:21 pm
ha, just bring a towel or somethin

its not even that, they sya they weigh too much to be able to do them. i thought muscle mass mad you strong? guess im wrong or i guess there just fat

I'll take option 2 for a 100 please...

prowrestler
01-13-09, 2:29 pm
I'll take option 2 for a 100 please...

thats what i thought.

now then, 1 leged squats?

mark
01-13-09, 6:07 pm
thats what i thought.

now then, 1 leged squats?

They have their place and time in training...

prowrestler
01-13-09, 6:08 pm
They have their place and time in training...

i cant do it, i can off a highish box but struggle. feel it in the ass alot

mark
01-13-09, 6:22 pm
I wouldn't worry about them too much... Although I do believe lunges, split squats (aka, non walking/stepping), and realistic step ups have a purpose in training.

prowrestler
01-13-09, 6:25 pm
I wouldn't worry about them too much... Although I do believe lunges, split squats (aka, non walking/stepping), and realistic step ups have a purpose in training.

ever see brock lesnars step ups? made me wanna hit them up.

what about those brujerian single leg squats? i can never do them right lol!

mark
01-13-09, 6:28 pm
ever see brock lesnars step ups? made me wanna hit them up.

what about those brujerian single leg squats? i can never do them right lol!

Can't say that I have...

Bulgarian single leg squats??

Stick with the basics I listed above... There's a reason people did them back in the day, and still do them now... They work

prowrestler
01-13-09, 6:31 pm
Can't say that I have...

Bulgarian single leg squats??

Stick with the basics I listed above... There's a reason people did them back in the day, and still do them now... They work

lol, realised i wrote brujerian (brujeria=death metal band) squats....

if id pick, im pickin step ups on a box with a log on my shoulder. yaa

but ill just squat with both legs insted for now. keep it simple

mark
01-13-09, 6:32 pm
keep it simple

Now that's the spirit

prowrestler
01-13-09, 6:34 pm
check at around 30 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfFutnx-4_4

mark
01-13-09, 8:43 pm
That's Brock for you.

When i was in high school I got the chance to meet him, practice along side him, and watch him wrestle a few times when he was part of Team USA.
Great guy.

When i wrestled in high school, my coach had me do some stuff similar to how Brock used the log. I prefered using a heavy bag partially filled with sand, water, or both. Lunges, shoulder carries, body lock carries, sprints, and drags were just a few of the things i would do.

Vaze_06
01-14-09, 1:56 pm
12 JAN 2008

PORNO PRESS DAY

bw= ?? leaner

-warm up-

-Porno Press
work sets
155x5
165x5

-Dips
bw/15
bw/13
bw/10

super set the following:
a1) Incline DB Flyes
35x10 rest/pause 35x5

4x10-15
1x8 rest/pause 1x4

Random Tip of the Day:

Cowboys From Hell,
mark

LOL, see why u got soooo interested into my ''Hooker Squat''...
may i know whats ''porno Press''?!
like your mindset, sub

pedraza
01-14-09, 2:43 pm
great job on the workout

mark
01-14-09, 6:15 pm
LOL, see why u got soooo interested into my ''Hooker Squat''...
may i know whats ''porno Press''?!
like your mindset, sub

Lol! You caught me...

A porno press is the same as benching with your feet crossed in the air... Which if you think about it, looks like a position used frequently in pornos, hence the name...

There's more where that came from...

mark
01-14-09, 6:15 pm
great job on the workout

Thanks!

prowrestler
01-14-09, 6:30 pm
That's Brock for you.

When i was in high school I got the chance to meet him, practice along side him, and watch him wrestle a few times when he was part of Team USA.
Great guy.

When i wrestled in high school, my coach had me do some stuff similar to how Brock used the log. I prefered using a heavy bag partially filled with sand, water, or both. Lunges, shoulder carries, body lock carries, sprints, and drags were just a few of the things i would do.

SICK

i badly wanna try sand bag and sled work

mark
01-14-09, 6:45 pm
SICK

i badly wanna try sand bag and sled work

Just be creative with making sand bags and get a heavy bag or make one... There's no replacement for them as far as conditioning goes in wrestling, regardless if you do the real stuff or the entertainment stuff...

The drags i listed were done with the heavy bag, not a sled...

prowrestler
01-14-09, 6:46 pm
Just be creative with making sand bags and get a heavy bag or make one... There's no replacement for them as far as conditioning goes in wrestling, regardless if you do the real stuff or the entertainment stuff...

The drags i listed were done with the heavy bag, not a sled...

im saying a sled in general. pushin bundles of plates on a road

yep, i wanna think of how i can include sandbag work...and how to get a sand bag haha lol

mark
01-14-09, 6:53 pm
im saying a sled in general. pushin bundles of plates on a road

yep, i wanna think of how i can include sandbag work...and how to get a sand bag haha lol

Try Walmart or whatever they have like that in Canada...

Hardware store...

Make one out of plastic bags filled with sand and a duffel bag or back pack...

prowrestler
01-14-09, 6:54 pm
Try Walmart or whatever they have like that in Canada...

Hardware store...

Make one out of plastic bags filled with sand and a duffel bag or back pack...

ill check walmart. we got those lol

i thought maybe a boxing bag

mark
01-14-09, 9:23 pm
ill check walmart. we got those lol

i thought maybe a boxing bag

Boxing bag is perfect...

If you leave the attachment for the hanging hook on it, or at least get one you can attach and detach easily... some heavy duty line... you can tie the line to the hanging attachment and then make a noose or perfably a Bolan knot at the other end and run your weight belt through the loop... that will allow you to do some drags with the boxing bag... do bear crawl drags up and down your yard and watch your conditioning for wrestling fly through the roof.

mark
01-15-09, 3:28 am
12 JAN 2009

DIA DE LOS MUERTOS LIFT

bw= i'll weigh myself soon

- Warm Up
Stretching with bands and PVC work

- Deadlift
all sets done standing on 2inch plate
135x5
135x8
work sets
250x5
270x5
280x15- about a rep or 2 short of failure
This drained me pretty good, and was a good mental challenge.

- Pull Ups
2 assisted sets to warm up shoulders
bw/8
bw/10
bw/8
bw/5
bw/5

- 1 Arm DB Rowz
55x3x12 (4 sets of 12)
70x8
the DBs are fat handled, so it adds an added degree of difficulty to these

super set:
a1) Back Hyperz
bw/15x3

a2) DB Upright Rowz
50x10
45x12x2

- Weighted ab work
2x15
1x50-these were non weighted

Overall a solid session- deadlifts were as much of a mental test as a physical test. Gym was 95+ degrees so this made things even more enjoyable.

Nap Time,
mark

Themostocles
01-15-09, 3:34 am
Awesome repping on the deads, and that heat I would a very miserable fat boy lol. -T.

mark
01-15-09, 12:34 pm
Awesome repping on the deads, and that heat I would a very miserable fat boy lol. -T.

Thanks bro... Yeah, the heat really just made everything after the deads feel 10xs harder... It sucked

prowrestler
01-15-09, 1:05 pm
Boxing bag is perfect...

If you leave the attachment for the hanging hook on it, or at least get one you can attach and detach easily... some heavy duty line... you can tie the line to the hanging attachment and then make a noose or perfably a Bolan knot at the other end and run your weight belt through the loop... that will allow you to do some drags with the boxing bag... do bear crawl drags up and down your yard and watch your conditioning for wrestling fly through the roof.

nice idea man, deff gonna look into that

that would be considered a GPP day

prowrestler
01-15-09, 1:08 pm
nice deadlift day man

ya, high rep deads wind the shit outta you. i did dimmel deads for the first time. 20 reps and fuck...wanted to puke. or atleast die lol

mark
01-15-09, 1:54 pm
nice deadlift day man

ya, high rep deads wind the shit outta you. i did dimmel deads for the first time. 20 reps and fuck...wanted to puke. or atleast die lol

Thanks... I agree, high reps suck... but they work...

prowrestler
01-15-09, 2:19 pm
Thanks... I agree, high reps suck... but they work...

on the deads....5 reps is high for me now lol

they make u a man though. tuffnes training almost.

brandonA
01-15-09, 2:20 pm
Looking good fatty......Going to have time for a comp this year?

-B

mark
01-15-09, 3:58 pm
Looking good fatty......Going to have time for a comp this year?

-B

Haha, thanks....

Unfortunately, I'm not planning on competing for awhile... I'm getting ready to deploy to Djibouti, Africa for the next 14months... Figured I might as well and take the time to get my raw strength up since I won't really be able to take any of my gear out with me sans my wrist wraps and straps.

prowrestler
01-15-09, 5:12 pm
Haha, thanks....

Unfortunately, I'm not planning on competing for awhile... I'm getting ready to deploy to Djibouti, Africa for the next 14months... Figured I might as well and take the time to get my raw strength up since I won't really be able to take any of my gear out with me sans my wrist wraps and straps.

well, its a good thing in a way then. workin on the raw strength,and being forced to do it. 14 months is a long time to get the numbers up

mark
01-16-09, 2:38 am
15 JAN 2008

MILITARY PRESS DAY

bw= yep, you guessed it... I still didn't feel like getting on the scale

-Warm Up
PVC work and band stretching

-Military Press
105x5
110x5
120x10... had about 2 reps left in the tank

-Close Grip Porno Press
95x10x3
115x10
135x10

-Face Pullz
2x20
1x15

-DB Side Laterals
15x15
20x12
20x10

-Pipe Expanders
2x10
1xa big rest pause strip set

Fairly easy day. Left a good bit in the tank as I'm feeling the effects of the last 2 training days, ie my pecs were cramping a bit on the close grips. Will change some things around next week to help with the recovery.

Smarter Is Better,
mark

Themostocles
01-16-09, 2:46 am
How are the shoulders feeling?

mark
01-16-09, 4:15 am
How are the shoulders feeling?

Some minor soreness... I'd say they're about 95% healthy. Nothing that won't heal up by getting trained.

I would say my warm up with the pvc pipe and band stretching is doing wonders for my shoulders healing.

brandonA
01-16-09, 11:17 am
Haha, thanks....

Very cool...You need to get a gig like Mike Tuchseherer..hahaha....Good luck in Africa...Take you sun screen..

-B

prowrestler
01-16-09, 12:47 pm
nice, a military press day.....thought i was the only one lol

heal up them delts

mark
01-16-09, 1:24 pm
Very cool...You need to get a gig like Mike Tuchseherer..hahaha....Good luck in Africa...Take you sun screen..

-B

Why? What does he do??

Thanks bro, and I have the sun screen... and body armor... packed and ready to go.

brandonA
01-16-09, 2:02 pm
Why? What does he do??

Thanks bro, and I have the sun screen... and body armor... packed and ready to go.

Something in the Airforce..But he gets time to train and compeate...Top 275 in usapl..probley ever at this point...Power275 on youtube....

Body armor??? Better take a tank and ride around in that.....just to be sure...

-B

mark
01-16-09, 2:26 pm
Something in the Airforce..But he gets time to train and compeate...Top 275 in usapl..probley ever at this point...Power275 on youtube....

Body armor??? Better take a tank and ride around in that.....just to be sure...

-B

Chair Farce.... That explains why he has time to compete...

If i can roll in a tank, I will

IRBS
01-16-09, 3:06 pm
Chair Farce.... That explains why he has time to compete...

If i can roll in a tank, I will

At least he's not in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club (Coast Gaurd)......

mark
01-16-09, 3:48 pm
At least he's not in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club (Coast Gaurd)......

LMAO! That made my day...

Vaze_06
01-16-09, 9:39 pm
12 JAN 2009

DIA DE LOS MUERTOS LIFT

bw= i'll weigh myself soon

- Warm Up
Stretching with bands and PVC work

- Deadlift
all sets done standing on 2inch plate
135x5
135x8
work sets
250x5
270x5
280x15- about a rep or 2 short of failure
This drained me pretty good, and was a good mental challenge.

- Pull Ups
2 assisted sets to warm up shoulders
bw/8
bw/10
bw/8
bw/5
bw/5

- 1 Arm DB Rowz
55x3x12 (4 sets of 12)
70x8
the DBs are fat handled, so it adds an added degree of difficulty to these

super set:
a1) Back Hyperz
bw/15x3

a2) DB Upright Rowz
50x10
45x12x2

- Weighted ab work
2x15
1x50-these were non weighted

Overall a solid session- deadlifts were as much of a mental test as a physical test. Gym was 95+ degrees so this made things even more enjoyable.

Nap Time,
mark

sick finishing up deads with 280X15... add the heat.. u crazy guy!
well done

15 JAN 2008

MILITARY PRESS DAY

bw= yep, you guessed it... I still didn't feel like getting on the scale

-Warm Up
PVC work and band stretching

-Military Press
105x5
110x5
120x10... had about 2 reps left in the tank

-Close Grip Porno Press
95x10x3
115x10
135x10

-Face Pullz
2x20
1x15

-DB Side Laterals
15x15
20x12
20x10

-Pipe Expanders
2x10
1xa big rest pause strip set

Fairly easy day. Left a good bit in the tank as I'm feeling the effects of the last 2 training days, ie my pecs were cramping a bit on the close grips. Will change some things around next week to help with the recovery.

Smarter Is Better,
mark

nice pressing

mark
01-17-09, 6:17 pm
17 JAN 2009

SQUAT DAY

bw=??

- Warm Up
PVC pipe work and band stretching. Extra stretching for the hips

-Squatz
135x5x2
215x5
230x5
245x10... had about 2 reps left in the tank

super set 1
a1) Leg Press
290x12
470x12
560x12
650x10 rest/pause 650x5

a2) CSR
70x12
90x12
120x12
140x12
160x10 rest/pause x5
The rest/pause sets were back to back. Both were brutal... The rows toasted my whole upper back

super set 2
b1) Assisted Pull Ups
3x10
lats were destroyed at this point

b2) Back Hyperz
3x12
Held lockout for 2 second count on all reps

-Shrugz
Used snatch grip
225x12x4

Overall, a great workout. The squats were exactly were i wanted them to be. All the SSB work paid off big time for me when I was home.
Leg presses were a nice change of pace. Might do them more often now that i'm lifting raw.
Back is getting stronger, but still has ways to go.
Will do ab work later tonight. Felt exhausted at this point, and met a friend who I hadn't seen for awhile so I bs'ed with him for awhile.

Did You Improve Today?
mark

T o m m Y
01-17-09, 6:18 pm
Nice!

Themostocles
01-17-09, 6:33 pm
So which part of your back is weak? Nice squatting

mark
01-17-09, 6:40 pm
So which part of your back is weak? Nice squatting

My upper back is weak. That's why i'm continuing to hit it twice a week.
Thanks.

prowrestler
01-17-09, 11:51 pm
good job on the squats man, i dunno how youll survive in africa with out KFC, that shits soo good....its my cheat day lol

mark
01-18-09, 12:18 am
good job on the squats man, i dunno how youll survive in africa with out KFC, that shits soo good....its my cheat day lol

Thanks...

However, KFC is fucking nasty

prowrestler
01-18-09, 1:20 am
Thanks...

However, KFC is fucking nasty

meh
eveeryone says so but me lol...canadians

taco bell?

mark
01-18-09, 2:09 am
meh
eveeryone says so but me lol...canadians

taco bell?

Screw Taco Hell... I'd rather eat regergitated kfc

mark
01-18-09, 3:18 am
17 JAN 2009

ABS AND WHATNOT

bw= 197.5... damn, i'm disappearing

-DB Side Bends
30x12
80x10
105x5x2

a1) mark Crunch
used steep decline board
10x4x10 each hand

a2) Plate Side Bends
45x3x12

-Leg Raises
bw/12x3

-Dreadmill
20mins

-Hot Tub
10 mins

Lardio Sucks,
mark

mark
01-20-09, 2:03 am
19 JAN 2009

PORNO PRESS NITE

- Warm up
pvc work and band stretching

-Porno Press
115x8
115x5
165x3
175x3
185x8

-Dips
bw/10x5 (5 sets of 10)

-DB Incline Flyes
20x20
20x8 25x8 30x8 25x6 20x5

-Rope Pushdown
4x10-15

-Crunches
50 reps

Overall, a crappy night. My sinuses are acting up, plus I have a lot of stress from stuff i need to still get done tis week before I'm ready to go.

Life Goes On,
mark

Themostocles
01-20-09, 2:06 am
I stole you CG Pornos the other day, really liked them. So will you still be posting from your new post?

mark
01-20-09, 2:41 am
I stole you CG Pornos the other day, really liked them. So will you still be posting from your new post?

Glad you liked them. Feel free to steal all you want from my workouts because i doubt anything i do is original...

Yes, I will still continue to post my training.

Themostocles
01-20-09, 2:45 am
Well notice I didn't ask before I stole it. Don't thnk there are any charges of Grand theft workout.

mark
01-20-09, 2:52 am
Well notice I didn't ask before I stole it. Don't thnk there are any charges of Grand theft workout.

If there was such a charge, many of us would be in deep kim-che

Vaze_06
01-20-09, 8:08 am
nice sessions mark, heal fast so u can go kill those weights next time

prowrestler
01-20-09, 10:46 am
Screw Taco Hell... I'd rather eat regergitated kfc

wendys?

prowrestler
01-20-09, 10:49 am
nice training man, sinus stuff + weights suck but there just gonna happen.

dare i ask what a mark crunch is?

mark
01-20-09, 1:43 pm
nice sessions mark, heal fast so u can go kill those weights next time

Thanks... Slowly but surely getting getting better.

IRBS
01-20-09, 1:47 pm
19 JAN 2009

PORNO PRESS NITE

- Warm up
pvc work and band stretching

-Porno Press
115x8
115x5
165x3
175x3
185x8

-Dips
bw/10x5 (5 sets of 10)

-DB Incline Flyes
20x20
20x8 25x8 30x8 25x6 20x5

-Rope Pushdown
4x10-15

-Crunches
50 reps

Overall, a crappy night. My sinuses are acting up, plus I have a lot of stress from stuff i need to still get done tis week before I'm ready to go.

Life Goes On,
mark

Nice work Mark. Blow your nose in the shower...LOL

prowrestler
01-20-09, 1:48 pm

lol, ive never done that before....

mark
01-20-09, 2:02 pm
nice training man, sinus stuff + weights suck but there just gonna happen.

dare i ask what a mark crunch is?

Thanks...

Start with a 10lbs DB... As you lay on your back, hold it in one of your hands with your arm straight up...

Now crunch up, but focus on pushing the DB straight up... Start with 10reps per arm. It should destroy your obliques and intercostals quite well.

mark
01-20-09, 2:04 pm

Already do that that one... The hot water blasting my back really helps loosen up the crap in my lungs...

mark
01-24-09, 4:56 am
23 JAN 2009

GOOF OFF NITE

bw= fatter

Pretty much took the whole week off as i had a lot to deal in regards to packing, moving, and what not.

Just did a light full body workout to get the kinks out and loosen everything up.
After that, just shot the shit with everyone for one last time.

mark
01-27-09, 3:05 pm
27 JAN 2009

PORNO PRESS DAY

bw= 200...

-Porno Press
115x8
165x3
175x3
185x9- held the last rep for 3secs
Had some balance issues on the last set as the bench wasn't the best

-Dips
bw/12
bw/8- held the bottom position for 2secs
bw/6 r/p /3- held all reps for 2secs at the top

-Incline DB Press
60x8 50x5 40x5
the above was one giant set

Decided to repeat week 2 of my wave as last week i didn't exactly get to all my training sessions. Since i have started training for a deployment, i'm going to reduce my training to at most 3 days per week. I'm doing this because 1) training can be demanding at times 2) i need some freaking down time at times to just bs with my friends 3) when i'm done with my training i'm going to have an entire year of nothing to do but train and work.

Absurdness Galore,
mark

Vaze_06
01-27-09, 5:40 pm
nice session

IRBS
01-27-09, 7:39 pm
Good work Mark. I agree with your plan completely. Enjoy the little time you have. After all, you do live in Hawaii......

mark
01-27-09, 9:36 pm
nice session

gracias

mark
01-27-09, 9:42 pm
Good work Mark. I agree with your plan completely. Enjoy the little time you have. After all, you do live in Hawaii......

Thanks bro...

Haha, i'm no longer in Hawaii unfortunately... I'm in Norfolk, freezing my ass off none the less...

prowrestler
01-27-09, 9:47 pm
Thanks bro...

Haha, i'm no longer in Hawaii unfortunately... I'm in Norfolk, freezing my ass off none the less...

welcome to my world

nice porno....press

IRBS
01-27-09, 9:53 pm
Thanks bro...

LOL, well that change of scenery sucks...especially right now. I am still up at West Point and we are supposed to be flying out tommorrow...hope this little winter storm doesnt cause any delays for me, LOL!

Themostocles
01-27-09, 11:25 pm
Looks like I am warmer than most of you lol. Nice dips Mark, and solid plan.

mark
01-27-09, 11:35 pm
welcome to my world

nice porno....press

Thanks bro...

Personally... you damn canucks can keep y'alls cold weather...

It fucking sucks...

mark
01-27-09, 11:38 pm
LOL, well that change of scenery sucks...especially right now. I am still up at West Point and we are supposed to be flying out tommorrow...hope this little winter storm doesnt cause any delays for me, LOL!

Good luck with your travel...

Dude, it's total suckage... And what sucks the most is that we have to walk everywhere... even when it rains like today...

mark
01-27-09, 11:53 pm
Looks like I am warmer than most of you lol. Nice dips Mark, and solid plan.

Lol!

Thanks bro!

IRBS
01-28-09, 8:39 am
Good luck with your travel...

Dude, it's total suckage... And what sucks the most is that we have to walk everywhere... even when it rains like today...

LOL, I woke up to an additional 8inches and its still coming down.

Count it as GPP...LOL

mark
01-28-09, 12:40 pm
LOL, I woke up to an additional 8inches and its still coming down.

Count it as GPP...LOL

Ouch bro, that sucks...

Fuck GPP... I'm counting it as my yearly lardio

IRBS
01-28-09, 1:44 pm
Ouch bro, that sucks...

Fuck GPP... I'm counting it as my yearly lardio

Flight Cancelled, flying out tommorrow hopefully.

Yeah, unfortunately I am about to start incorperating caardio again. Gotta get healthy...

mark
01-28-09, 3:33 pm
Flight Cancelled, flying out tommorrow hopefully.

Yeah, unfortunately I am about to start incorperating caardio again. Gotta get healthy...

I hear you on the staying healthy part... Cardio is the unspoken evil that must done