PDA

View Full Version : Bulk & Cutting

MeanStreet
12-15-08, 4:13 pm
do you Animals train the same way when your bulking then when you are cutting with just alot more cardio

because i am am having a hard time keeping up with less energy when i try to cut (lot less calories )

or is their a way to just train hard eat clean and stay lean and get big or do i have to do this bulk & cut shit

let me know i an not into comps or anything i just want lean mass and LOTS

Cellerator65
12-15-08, 10:03 pm
i would say, my opinion, is most people train harder when they diet because they want to get the pump and maintain their strength while on a calorie deficient diet.

MeanStreet
12-16-08, 7:14 am
I train hard all the time does that mean i should tone it down a bit when i to bulk and kill it when i want to cut and just stop being a fuckin suck in my cutting phase

can anyone tell me i eat all the time 6-7 meals a day but my breakfeast seems to make me feel over full do you guys just keep eating when you full when you know you have to get it in ya

sodapop
12-16-08, 8:47 am
In my opinion, train as hard as you can ALL THE TIME.

arab910
12-16-08, 11:33 am
i train the same when i bulk and cut. when i cut i just throw in cradio about 3 times/ week.

Cellerator65
12-16-08, 12:27 pm
well let me rephrase... you should train hard all the time. But to some, its harder to get a pump when in a calorie deficient diet, hence they have to train harder then usual.

Aggression
12-16-08, 12:55 pm
Don't change your training strategy. Whatever got you up to that point obviously worked. Change your diet and add cardio. Training does not make you cut. Cardio and diet makes you cut. As others have said, its harder to achieve a pump when in a caloric deficit, so you just train smarter and harder. Try to really focus on the contraction.

MVP
12-16-08, 1:27 pm
The only difference in bulking and cutting, IMO, should be the amount of calories / cardio. It's all about a calorie deficient, burning more calories then you consume.

Routines I don't change up at all.

MeanStreet
12-16-08, 9:33 pm
that is good advice thanks alot for all the replies

stumblin54
12-17-08, 3:14 am
I train heavy year round, changing reps schemes and weight up every now and then of course, but I do take out DL's when I'm on a restricted diet because of the body fat and water loss in my joints.

Stumblin

MeanStreet
12-17-08, 5:55 am
(going heavy)i just bought a smith machine for my home gym the pain is coming
and on a perfect day Chest/Tri

Feel The Power
12-17-08, 8:24 am
I go really low carb when cutting. I personally try to start out with a heavy compound exercise first like bench, squat, deadlift, row, and then for all my other exercises I lighten the weight and do supersets for the remaining complementary exercises. Usually after doing the really heavy compound exercise I have a good pump going. I rest as much as needed during this one, but all other exercises I try to only rest about a minute between supersets. I figure I have the most energy at the beginning of my workout so get my heavy sets in then.

When bulking I do all exercises heavy with as much rest as needed and no cardio. I am happy I am bulking now! :-) Thats just my strategy

MVP
12-19-08, 1:25 am
(going heavy)i just bought a smith machine for my home gym the pain is coming
and on a perfect day Chest/Tri

A Smith Machine?? http://www.cagedanimal.net/viewtopic.php?t=2553

MeanStreet
12-19-08, 7:58 am
A Smith Machine?? http://www.cagedanimal.net/viewtopic.php?t=2553

yes a smith machine the second one

MVP
12-19-08, 1:06 pm
I would sale that and buy a power rack.

Have a read of that article.

mfl5027
12-19-08, 1:45 pm
The only reason I can see changing your routine when cutting is if you planned ahead for it. EX: you've been on a routine for 8 weeks and it's time for a new one.

MeanStreet
12-19-08, 2:02 pm
i know i did not read before i bought (im not the smartest spender)i am going to get a rack a.s.a.p

thanks hope i read before i buy my next stupid item but my smith will come in handy