PDA

View Full Version : Another great reason to go low carb

GJN5002
12-15-08, 4:36 pm
So its the holiday season again and food traps are everywhere. If youre bulking youre probably in your glory but for thos of us who arent, its a nightmare. My plan was to be bulking now but a minor pec tear had me sidelined and Im recovering nicely now. Anyhow, I let myself go a bit and put on 5-7 lbs of mush from having too much fun. So before my January bulk I wanted to get down around 10% bf. Im doing low carbs mon-sat with a carb up day on sunday. Now when co-workers bring in cookies, pie, doughnuts, etec etc for the holidays I cant even be tempted because I know carbs are out. So if youre looking to watch your bf and suffer in the self control department, think about cutting the carbs through christmas. Of course I'll have to enjoy myself on my moms homemade christmas dinner though.
hope this helps.

Liftbig21
12-15-08, 4:40 pm
why would you want to cut on one of the best days of the year to eat?....your going on a bulk anyway next month and your not allowing yourself enough time to cut properly without losing muscle...so whats the point? your 5 lbs deep just keep bulking.

GJN5002
12-15-08, 11:22 pm
why would you want to cut on one of the best days of the year to eat?....your going on a bulk anyway next month and your not allowing yourself enough time to cut properly without losing muscle...so whats the point? your 5 lbs deep just keep bulking.

re-read my post, I am eating on the best day of the year. The body is more anabolic when bf is lower so if I start my bulk leaner it should be more effective. Besides the point of the thread is if you are lacking in self control around food, a few weeks of low carbs could help/

Aggression
12-16-08, 1:25 pm
I agree, 5lbs of mush aint that bad bro. I'd keep bulking up and just keep it clean after the holiday feasts. You might gain a few 'bad' pounds, but once you clean it up a bit, you'll drop that water weight real quick.

GJN5002
12-16-08, 2:33 pm
haha yea well this thread really missed the intended point.

My point, go low carb to avoid holiday temptation, when its not time to enjoy holiday food.

I dont necessarily agree with the theory around here that you should eat as much as you possible can when bulking. Starting five pounds heavier equals an extra 2 weeks of dieting in the spring/summer. I also believe the body repsonds better when its leaner, just like th erbound effect after guys prep for shows and are used to reduced calories.

simpleguy
12-16-08, 2:53 pm
good stuff bro, actually right at the start of this month I was realising that I was getting way too bloated and smooth on my bulk and I said 'why not try to get a tad leaner during December while everybody is getting fatter?'... tightened up on the diet and started cardio, just a mini-cut phase

working well so far...