PDA

View Full Version : Oats and whey came out very wrong! Help!

castilo
12-15-08, 10:23 pm
ok today i tried mixing 1/2 cups of quaker's oats with one scoop of whey and 1 cup of milk. i drink the shale between class as a meal replacement. and it came out like pure shit. first it was thick but i don't mind that but the the pats are even that dissolvable. it was like a min version of oats the is swallow-able but is so thick and flaky feeling. what can i do about this? how do you guys do it?

Pizzalamp
12-15-08, 10:25 pm
ok today i tried mixing 1/2 cups of quaker's oats with one scoop of whey and 1 cup of milk. i drink the shale between class as a meal replacement. and it came out like pure shit. first it was thick but i don't mind that but the the pats are even that dissolvable. it was like a min version of oats the is swallow-able but is so thick and flaky feeling. what can i do about this? how do you guys do it?

i like to grind my oats into a fine fine powder in the blender..then add them to the shake

castilo
12-15-08, 10:31 pm
i like to grind my oats into a fine fine powder in the blender..then add them to the shake

i don't know i put in my milk first and then the oats and then blend for about a min. then add the whey and blend again.

Pizzalamp
12-15-08, 10:34 pm
i don't know i put in my milk first and then the oats and then blend for about a min. then add the whey and blend again.

i would put the oats in by themselves...blend to a fine mist...stop the blender...then add in milk..blend and add the whey as u blend

Psycho77
12-15-08, 11:22 pm

i think coz you used way too much oats for the milk and powder. this is what i do, protein shake powder, ice, 2 eggs, one banana, one spoon PB, milk in a blender. blend to frappe and voila like starbucks.

VishGT2
12-15-08, 11:27 pm
add more liquid, more protein and learn to like it.

In Flames
12-15-08, 11:38 pm
I'm with Pizza on this one, blend the oats first to fine a powder type, then add the rest of ingredients and blend all together. When you guys are at work do you guys keep your shake in the refrigerator as you sip on it through out the day or do you drink it warm?

castilo
12-16-08, 8:16 am
i think coz you used way too much oats for the milk and powder. this is what i do, protein shake powder, ice, 2 eggs, one banana, one spoon PB, milk in a blender. blend to frappe and voila like starbucks.

do you put the egg in raw? isn't the dangerous? i eat it raw.

castilo
12-16-08, 8:17 am
I'm with Pizza on this one, blend the oats first to fine a powder type, then add the rest of ingredients and blend all together. When you guys are at work do you guys keep your shake in the refrigerator as you sip on it through out the day or do you drink it warm?

if you want to keep it cold the repair it and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes and then when you go take it with you. and when it's time to drink it'll thaw and it still be cold. but don't freeze it over or it'll take forever to thaw.

Elite
12-16-08, 8:26 am
If at home, mix altogether in a blender for 20-30secs. Also blend up some dry oats, place in a bag, and use that for your school shakes.

Aggression
12-16-08, 1:16 pm
Like others have said, use more water. I just use water when mixing oats in. It seems to break up easier. Milk tends to thicken up the shake and when you mix both the oats and milk at the same time, the oats don't get as ground up as they cud if it was alone, or with water.

Enforcer
12-16-08, 1:19 pm

Try blending it first in the morning and then put it in your shaker cup to have for school

G Diesel
12-16-08, 1:22 pm
Chew the oats... It makes for a shake with a little bit of substance. The little floaters provide a nice change of pace. Peace, G

castilo
12-16-08, 2:09 pm
i try to blend the oat first in the blender until it is powered and it worked great. the texture
is better but i wouldn't sya it's the best tasting thing in the world. i also add some peanut butter today.

how would i make a bar with peanut butter whey and oats?

In Flames
12-16-08, 6:25 pm
i try to blend the oat first in the blender until it is powered and it worked great. the texture
is better but i wouldn't sya it's the best tasting thing in the world. i also add some peanut butter today.

how would i make a bar with peanut butter whey and oats?

Most strict dieting isn't that great tasting. It's more about feeding your body what it needs and uses, not to satisfy your taste buds.

castilo
12-16-08, 6:51 pm
Most strict dieting isn't that great tasting. It's more about feeding your body what it needs and uses, not to satisfy your taste buds.

well i am bulking right now. and i just need food between class. and just whey don't have other nutrients.

deanna7272
12-16-08, 7:49 pm
I don't use a shaker, I mix mine in a bowl... I take my powder, oats, and I use some natty pb and add a little bit of water and mix it. It has the consistency of THICK cake batter and tastes like a no-bake cookie... It travels well, I eat it with a spoon, and it tastes great...

arab910
12-16-08, 7:56 pm
throw the oats in a coffee grinder, then once they're pureed, toss em in the shake!

sin-city-customs
12-17-08, 12:54 am
I'm with him. I bought a $20 coffee bean grinder ar Target. Turns oats into flour. Awesome. Then throw all the shit in a shaker cup. Works great. Way better than a blender.

ldskenpo
12-17-08, 11:22 am
Chew the oats... It makes for a shake with a little bit of substance. The little floaters provide a nice change of pace. Peace, G

thats what I do- 1/2 cup oats, whey, 1/3 cup powdered milk, 12 oz water, shake it up and drink/chew- add more water to get the dregs out

futurefreak101
12-17-08, 9:02 pm
damn bro i know what u mean...you should just buy a weight gainer..some are actually really good...bsn true mass...universal real gains...on serious mass...just watch out for the sugar content and your good to go..i cant stand making my own shakes with oats and shit i think it tastes horrid.

Bartles
12-17-08, 9:26 pm
Psh, I take two spoonfuls of Oats in the morning, shove it in my mouth. Chew it up a bit, then wash it down with mike + whey. But then again, I have to cook all my meals in the morning for the next 10 hours so I gotta hurrry.

Takes tons of getting used to, shoot my friend oneday dared me to take my creatine by just shoveling it in my mouth lol. I don't know If i'm going to be doing that again though...

castilo
12-17-08, 9:52 pm
yeah i need to get a mass gainer. making it in the morning before school and making two and then wash the dishes again is really a pain. i rather go rest.

Little Z
12-17-08, 10:50 pm
damn bro i know what u mean...you should just buy a weight gainer..some are actually really good...*** true mass...universal real gains...** serious mass...just watch out for the sugar content and your good to go..i cant stand making my own shakes with oats and shit i think it tastes horrid.

careful tossin other brand names on this board bro..

prowrestler
12-22-08, 3:13 am

your jokeing right?

just drink it, blend it up better, i blend equal amount of oats and liquid with a shitty juice blender and it works perfect.

mikejones1
12-22-08, 3:37 am
dont know if this was mentioned.

but gotta go with the quaker 'quick 1 minute' oats work a lot better than the old fashioned. when trying to get them down in a shake anyway

prowrestler
12-22-08, 3:41 am
dont know if this was mentioned.

but gotta go with the quaker 'quick 1 minute' oats work a lot better than the old fashioned. when trying to get them down in a shake anyway

probably, i used both, gonna agree with ya

yu can nuke the original ones in cold water for a bit

wesleyfootball36
02-17-09, 1:14 pm
a certain company makes a new protein called oats and whey, it contains 24g of protein and 23 g of carbs per serving mixes up very well, good pre workout drink pm and ill give you the name dont want anybody getting pissed cause i said the name of another company on the forum
peace

fenix237
02-17-09, 4:09 pm
i use old fashioned oats so i nuke them in a 2 cup pyrex cup for 2 minutes until they're soft, drain and dump them in a blender with milk/water, whey, banana, cinnamon, splenda, lotsa ice- excellent!

i do want to try the bean grinder though!

Juggernawt
02-17-09, 4:24 pm
banana cup oats 2 cups milk whey blend that shit up ur good to go