PDA

View Full Version : -10 Pounds In A Week Opinions?

Rewind
12-16-08, 7:55 am
Last week i started a food log and a calorie cut experiment.....
in the last week ive cut my caloric intake from around 2500-3000/day to 1700-1900

my diet has been pretty exact -

meal 1 - Chicken breast sandwhich = 340 cals
(wheat double fiber bread/chicken breast/fat free cheese/onions/spin/tomatos/mustard)
and an apple = 80 cals

meal 2 - muscle milk light shake = 160 cals

meal 3 - Chicken breast sandwhich = 340 cals
and an apple = 80 cals

meal 4 - muscle milk light shake = 160 cals

meal 5 - Im a chef so whatever im making for the clients usually between = 400-600 cals

Gym to do cardio for 30 mins = -400 calories burned

meal 6 - muscle milk light shake = 160

so each day around 1700-1900 calories consumed and around 400 calories burned
so 1300-1500 calories at the end of the day.

im drinking over a gallon of water a day as well as taking a multi vitamin fish oils glucosamine and chondroiten as well as glutamine and bcaa's......

this entire week i have not done any weight training just the cardio once a day does this regimen seem sound for cutting some weight?

im currently 6'4 300 pounds and 25 years old. this diet isnt hard to follow and im not ever hungry or feeling starved but i just wanted to know what you guys thought.

also with the caloric intake and burn that im currently at would it be beneficial to add some weight training into my day or would i need to eat more if i did so ? and if so how much more?

you guys have been very informative on these boards and i really appreciate it!

~Rewind

RENFRO
12-16-08, 8:02 am
[QUOTE=Rewind;589754]so each day around 1700-1900 calories consumed and around 400 calories burned
so 1300-1500 calories at the end of the day.

Try not to forget about your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)...This just simply is how many calories you burn at a resting state. Out of that 1300-1500 left at the end of the day, you might actually burn another 600 or more; not sure how accurate that is. But I'd say you could drop a few to several pounds in a week...Just be careful, seems like a chunk to drop so fast. Good luck bro

Rewind
12-16-08, 8:20 am
when i got on the scale i couldnt believe it myself like over the course of a week i had people who see me almost every day say they noticed i had dropped some weight AND i was actually able to fit into a buds shit that was 1 size smaller than what i normally wear (XXL to XL) and it fit comfortably i was at pac sun the next day an tried on a new XL shirt an it fit just fine too so im pretty stoked about that honestly.

later this week im getting an official BMR test and body fat % done at one of the fancy pants gyms in my city the one i go to doesnt have personal trainers or anything like that just machines an shit so that will help me figure the numbers a little better too. so well see whats up ill throw an update on here after i get back.

~Rewind

Elite
12-16-08, 8:23 am
At 300lbs, thats a severe crash diet. Coupled with no weight training, your gonna shed as much muscle as fat. Find out your lean body mass, the number of daily calories needed to maintain body weight, and SLOWLY chip away at your diet. Rid all simple carbs, cut down or totally cut all carbs, drop the muscle milk for a protein isolate, train with weights as normal. Your a big guy, so even bringing down your calories slowly will yield a good amount of fat/water loss, with weight training, the results will be even better.

Rewind
12-16-08, 8:27 am
yah im gonna try an get the tests done this week cuz the last thing i want is to lose my muscle ive got alot of muscle on me i just have a gut is what it really comes down to and id hate to lose what ive worked for over the last year. for the time being ill see about cutting the shakes an just eatin more sanwhiches/salads and get back into weight training.

~Rewind

On Letting Go
12-16-08, 12:06 pm
There is NO way you are losing 10lbs of fat in a week bro. Hate to break it to you, but if you keep doing what youre doing with this crash diet, say good-bye to a HUGE amount of your muscle tissue. Trust me, first cut i ever tried, i fucked up BIG-TIME.

To preserve muscle mass, the ideal range for weight loss is right around 1 - 2 pounds a week. Any more than that and you can bet your ass youre losing muscle. Keep in mind though that your first few weeks of diet could be skewed by water loss.

OLG

Aggression
12-16-08, 1:12 pm
You might lose 10lbs in a week, but it won't be body fat. Most of the weight will be water weight from cleaning up your diet. And without working out, you're going to lose a lot of muscle along with overall body weight. Not a good idea .....

hit the gym and preserve that muscle.