PDA

View Full Version : LOG

loiacanoa
12-16-08, 9:10 am
Many logs I have done here have fell through. I'm going to try to keep this one alive. Right now I'm about 200lbs with 18%BF. My goal is to lower by body fat down to 15% or lower. This is my journey...

loiacanoa
12-16-08, 9:20 am
Right now I'm doing a seven day full body cleanse. This is suppose to be done twice a year and can improve health. I've heard that this can help reduce body weight as well as help with the uptake of supplements.

-AM Formula Packet
-1 Cup Quick Oats
-Pre-biotic Fiber Packet w/ Pomegranete Juice
-1 Banana
-9 Eggs (1 whole 8 whites)
-Natural Sterol Complex
-Animal Pak

**Anyone here try Lana's egg whites? I'm sick of wasting egg yokes...**

loiacanoa
12-16-08, 10:27 am
My diet approach I'm trying to keep simple. 5-6 meals throughout the day. I eat one meal every three hours. I'm trying a zig-zag approach with my calories to lose some body fat. 4-5 days a week I'll be subtracting 2 calories per pound of lean body mass. The other 2-3 days I'll be adding 2 calories per pound of lean body mass.

My pre-training meal I'll consume two hours before training. This gives me an hour to pump out a workout then come home and eat my meal without falling off track of my meal schedule.

Supplements as of now are: Pak, Omega, Flex, Natural Sterol Complex, Glutamine, BCAAs, L-Carnitine, Milk Thistle, and a Meal Replacement Powder. I'll be adding a fat burner once it arrives.

loiacanoa
12-16-08, 7:33 pm
5 Minute warm up on the recumbent bike. I also did some dumbbell external rotations.

Flat Barbell Bench Press
135 x 15 (warm up) 165 x 12, 185 x 10, 205 x 10, 225 x 6
Incline Dumbbell Press
60 x 10, 70 x 10, 80 x 8
Machine Chest Flye
60 x 10, 60 x 10, 80 x 6 (too much weight on this set)
Hammer Strength Decline Iso Press
230 x 3 sets x 10

After that I did some shoulder rotations; external and internal dumbbell rotations. Then I did standing and seated calve raises for 3-4 sets on each with 10 -15 reps; and that was the workout.

Pre-workout 5G BCAAs, 5G Glutamine
Postworkout: 5G BCAAs, 5G Glutamine and Meal
5G Glutamine

loiacanoa
12-16-08, 9:56 pm
#2. Meal Replacement shake w/ 1 cup oats.
#3. 1 can tuna, 1 1/2 cups couscous, 1 cup broccoli.
#4.(Pre) 1 Chicken Breast, 1 1/2 cups couscous - Natural Sterol Complex
#5. (Post) Meal Replacement Powder, 2 Whole Eggs, 1/2 cup couscous (ran out! would have been 1 1/2 cups) - Natural Sterol Complex
Snack: 2 Cups Egg Whites-FLEX

I must say I've become a big fan of Couscous. A whole grain that has 1g of fat, low sodium, 46g carbs, 2g fiber and 8g protein! A good carbohydrate with more nutrients. I plan on adding more chicken to my chicken meals since I just bought some which will be weighed into portions.

loiacanoa
12-17-08, 10:25 am
I've been bodybuilding for only 2 years, but in that time I feel I have learned a lot about the sport. I'm realizing that keeping things simple is a great way to see results. I've cut out at least three different supplement because I felt I had no need for them or they were hindering my progress. Now I have only a select few remaining in my arsenal. Using less supplements I've recognized that nutrition is the most important aspect of bodybuilding. Without the right nutrients and calories, the body cannot grow. Also Being a member of this forum has helped me a lot through last year when I first joined. There are many educated, experienced people on this board as well as a overall united feeling; and of course I learn knew things on here everyday! Another important concept which I've learned is that form comes before weight. Strict form at all times; little to no exaggerated movement! Without strict form I got injured. Of course I never thought it would happen to me but, I will make sure I do everything in my power to not let it happen again. These are just a few things I've learned from the sport and there is a whole lot more I look forward to learning through this endeavor.

loiacanoa
12-17-08, 9:57 pm
#1: 2 Cups Egg Whites, 1 Cup quick oats w/ 4 tbsp almonds.
---Pak, Natural Sterol Complex, AM formula and fiber packet w/ pomegranate juice.---
#2:(Pre) 6 oz chicken, 1 1/2 cups couscous, 1 cup mixed veggies.
---Natural Sterol Complex---
#3:(Post) Meal Replacement Powder, 2 Whole eggs, 1 Cup couscous.
---Natural Sterol Complex---
#4: 1 Can Tuna w/ dijon mustard, 1 1/2 cups couscous, 1 cup mixed veggies.
---Omega---
#5: 6 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 cup mixed veggies.

I'll have a shake before I go to bed. That has both whey and casein at 38g of protein. Carbs were lower on meal 5 because it was around 8:00PM

Cellerator65
12-17-08, 10:04 pm
welcome back

loiacanoa
12-17-08, 10:19 pm
welcome back

thanks bro. hows it goin?

loiacanoa
12-18-08, 10:24 am
5 minutes on recumbent bike and some shoulder rotations to warm up.

Seated Side Lateral: 10 x 18, 15 x 15 20 x 10, 20 x 10
Standing Military Press: 90 x 10, 95 x 8, 105 x 6 (need to get stronger with these!)
Seated Bent Over Row: 12 x 15, 15 x 10, 20 x 10
Standing Barbell Front Raise: 40 x 10, 50 x 8, 50 x 8
Cable Bent Over Lateral: 20 x 10, 30 x 6, 20 x 10 (should have stuck with 20)

After that I did two ab machines 3 sets for 15 - 25 reps; then some oblique crunches 3 x 15 each side. My military presses need to get stronger so I will be incorporating them more into my workouts.

Pre-workout: 5G BCAAs and 5G Glutamine.
Post-Workout: 5G BCAA's and 5G Glutamine + meal.

Cellerator65
12-18-08, 11:33 am
looks good, strict standing BB press is tough... but very beneficial for your core as well as the shoulders.

Everything is good on my end... trying to get back the strength i lost when i took a few weeks off... coming back slowly, but its coming back.

are you dieting right now? i see that you're waiting (or have gotten) a fat burner.. i can only assume that.

If not, throw in some creatine and maybe stak if your not responding well to the NSC.

I'll be around to see your progress, no doubt.

loiacanoa
12-19-08, 6:54 am
Glad to hear things are good with you! As far as the diet goes I am trying to lower my body fat percentage. I'm around 18% right now and I would like to get down to 15%. I should be getting a my package from DPS today if the weather doesn't mess anything up! I've heard a lot about the NSC so I figured I'd give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

loiacanoa
12-21-08, 4:00 pm
We're having a winter storm up here in MA this weekend. By now we probably have over 2 ft. of snow. I didn't make much money this weekend due to the weather since I work as a waiter. I have been getting a little extra workout in shoveling haha. I took Thursday off from weights for some recovery time. The fat burner I ordered came and I started it today. I also ordered another bottle of Natural Sterol Complex. No real stimulant shock from the fat burner but I am still avoiding coffee or tea just to make sure I don't overdue it. I did a back workout on Friday that went like this...

Warm up on the recumbent bike for five minutes.

Hammer Strength Iso Pulldown: 90 x 12, 140 x 8, 90 x 10
Two Arm Dumbbell Row: 40 x 10, 50, 10, 60 x 8
Hammer Strength Iso Row: 90 x 12, 100, 10, 105 x 8
Barbell Shrugs: 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 185 x 10
Barbell Deadlifts: 135 x 12, 225 x 10, 275 x 8, 315 x 1

That was a good workout for me. I could really feel it deep in the muscles. Did the deads at the end to switch things up. Anyways it's four days until Christmas. I hope Santa brings me some animal or universal t-shirts :)

loiacanoa
01-04-09, 4:59 pm
This holiday was quite a busy one for me. Between seeing family and work, I didn't get a chance to post on the board. Well we have reached the new year and its time for some new year goal settings. This year I'm going to push hard. I want to arrange my training into cycles. 1 cycle focusing on strength and power; heavier weights lower reps. Cycle two would be using a moderate amount of reps 8 -10 with moderate weights. Then cycle 3 is high reps; 12 - 15 with lower weights. Another goal I have is to be getting cardiovascular workouts every week in my training. I also need to up my calve/forearm/ab muscle workouts. I'm going to shoot for 2-3 times per week working those muscle groups. I feel through doing this it will improve my overall health and physique.

loiacanoa
01-06-09, 10:24 am
Warm up five minutes on bike.

Barbell Squats: 135 x 12, 185 x 10, 225 x 8, 255 x 6
Plate Loaded Leg Press: 10 plates x 10, 12 plates x 8, 12 plates x 6
Standing Calf Raise: 290 x 12, 290 x 12, 300 x 10
Lying Leg Curl: 60 x 10, 70 x 10, 80 x 8
Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 80 x 10, 90 x 10, 100 x 8
Seated Calf Raise: 2 plates x 15, 2 plates + 1/4 x 12, 3 plates x 10, 3 plates 8

After the workout I did stretching for five minutes followed by 5G Glutamine and 5G BCAAs. Then when I got home I had a meal. I love leg day. Probably my favorite musclegroup to train next to back. In the following weeks I plan on going into a power cycle and uping the weights while lowering the reps (as long as the form and ROM is good!)

Cellerator65
01-06-09, 1:52 pm
i hope the snow doesnt fuck up training tomorrow... you might be alright where ur at, we're suppose to get hit hard here

loiacanoa
01-06-09, 3:51 pm
i hope the snow doesnt fuck up training tomorrow... you might be alright where ur at, we're suppose to get hit hard here

Yeah bro. I'm in Essex and we are getting some good snow tomorrow. How many inches for you?

Cellerator65
01-06-09, 4:01 pm
snow to freezing rain to rain.... so its not really the snow thats bad... its just that ice storms fucking up all the power lines and trees over here

loiacanoa
01-06-09, 4:25 pm
snow to freezing rain to rain.... so its not really the snow thats bad... its just that ice storms fucking up all the power lines and trees over here

Yeah this is true. I guess they were right that this winter was going to be a stormy one..

loiacanoa
01-06-09, 7:53 pm
This is one of those days were i expect a lot from myself and I feel let down. Keeps the fire alive I guess but, I get frustrated with myself. I have to remember that nothing happens overnight and the hard work I put in will determine the outcome.

Warmup on recumbent bike for 5 minutes.

Flat Dumbbell Press: 70 x 12, 80 x 10, 90 x 8, 100 x 3
Incline Dumbbell Press: 70 x 10, 60 x 8, 60 x 6
Incline Dumbbell Flye: 40 x 10, 40 x 8 40 x 8
HS Decline Iso Press: 120 x 10, 140 x 10, 160 x 7
Flat Dumbbell Flye: 45 x 10, 50 x 8, 50 x 8

Did abs after that then called it a day. Went to the chiropractor for the first time in a couple of weeks before the workout. I'm going to try to get there once a week just for maintenance.

loiacanoa
01-07-09, 2:44 pm
My workout today was shoveling the slush/snow mixture out of my driveway. That shit was heavy. I would go to the gym later but I will be working until late in the evening. This is what the nutrition log is looking like today...

Fatburner before meals #1 and #3

(8:00am)#1. 2 cups egg whites, 1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1 cup grapes
Natural Sterol Complex, Animal Pak

(11:00AM)#2. 5oz. Steak on Ezekiel bread, 1 cup grapes
Natural Sterol Complex

(2:00PM)#3. Same as Meal #2

The rest of the day will look like this...

(5:00PM)#4 1 can tuna mixed w/ djion mustard, 1/2 cup couscous
Animal Omega

(8:00PM)#5 Chicken Breast and vegetable
Animal Flex

Then I will have a shake before I go to bed.