PDA

View Full Version : Warning to UK Animals

sanga
12-16-08, 11:44 am
I bought a pak of Omega from a supplier here in the UK, when I opened the can most of the sachets had the capsules crushed or split leaving the oil floating in the sachets, the can was in perfect order, no dents.

I called the company who asked me to take some pictures, I did this then mailed them to the company.

Below is my mail to them-

Hi

I called your sales dept this morning reference an order I recieved recently from you (my last order) which was for some Whey and Animalpak Omega, the Omega I opened yesterday to find most of the sachets have the contents (capsules) burst or very disfigured, I think this must have been caused by the process of when being pacKaged or the product has been near extreme heat as they are shrivelled.

Please see attached pictures which should show and explain what the problem is.

The problem I have now is I have not got any of these that are suitable to consume, please can you look into this and advise what action will be taken.

Regards
Paul

Now I live in the UK and when something is wrong with a product you return it to the retailer who replaces it and they sort it out with the manufacturer, I understand in the USA this is diferent, if I bought a can of Heinz beans from Tescos and found them bad when opened I would take them back to the store, I wouldn`t take them back to Heinz.

The mail I recieved from them is below-

All but one of your pictures are out of focus. This is not a product we have manufactured and because of that you should get in touch with the company directly –

http://www.universalnutrition.com/

We can however confirm that all products we have are kept in the correct environment and this is the first complaint regarding this product. Just because a capsule may be disfigured does not mean it should not be consumed. Shelf life is many years before deterioration would occur.

Now the capsules are split so how can I consume them, suck the sachets?

I mailed them back with the mail below-

First I find your tone in your mail very abrupt, no hello, sorry you have experienced a problem or we are sorry but you will need to contact the manufacturer.

Second, the product has some of the capsules that are split so the olis are in the sachets, hardly ok to consume.

Thirdly, I am a member of www.animalpak.com forum, I know the proceedure of contacting Universal and have passed your mail onto them.

I have always recommended your company to everyone on the forum who reside in the UK, many of whom purchase their products through you, I am not happy with the way you have treated this matter, especially the way I have been mailed.

I am your customer, you sold the product to me, the after sales service is diabolical.

Can you confirm you are going to take this matter in hand and either replace the product or refund my money.

Regards
Paul

I have not recieved a reply.

I will not name the company on this forum out of respect to Animalpak / Universal, I don`t want to cause them any problems.

Any UK animals that are going to be purchasing any Universal or Animalpak products I strongly advise you to go to www.tropicanhealthandfitness.co.uk as their customer service is second to none.

Before you purchase anything in the UK PM me and I`ll tell you the company name.

One pissed off customer!

Atom
12-18-08, 4:57 pm
My Omega also arrived in a slightly dubious state, I have to prise apart most of the capsules with the occasional one splitting in the process.

Enforcer
12-19-08, 8:36 am
Fellas, when you get the chance can you PM me with the lot numbers to your cans?

sanga
12-19-08, 8:43 am
Done mate.